main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Dave Prowse RULES!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Jul 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Just got in from a great day at Big Apple Con and fanforce gathering 2! Dave Prowse was the uLtimate gentleman, even sitting down with me for an interview :) What a great time we had!

2. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    That's so awesome. I missed him when I was at Star Wars weekends in May and I wanted to go yesterday, but things just didn't work out. Oh well, glad to hear u had fun :)

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    http://www.theforce.net/collecting/index.html#11303

Pics of David prowse from Big Apple con

4. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Awesome. Simply awesome. :)

5. nycdexter

nycdexter Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2001
    BTW, LadySith... that was a VERY nice interview you posted on the website. I suppose it helps that D.P. is such a personable fellow, but you chose an excellent set of questions to ask.

Great job!!!

6. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Thanks Dex! Dave Prowse was one of the nicest people I have ever met. A real class act. I am still pinching myself because it seems so surreal that I got to sit down and talk to him one on one. My audio tape of the interview is now my PRIZED possession. As for the questions, I wanted to talk about some things that were not common knowledge to SW fans. The SW questions have been done quite a few times. I was amazed to learn some of the things I learned in speaking to him. The Force will be with him...Always.

7. ProbeDroid1138

ProbeDroid1138 Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2001
    Is this you in the pic? Here's a link:
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=781692&a=5682838&p=51693598&Sequence=0&res=high

8. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I wish! LOL! no thats not me! :)

9. ProbeDroid1138

ProbeDroid1138 Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2001
    Oh, well.

Here are some more pix:
    albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=781692&a=5682838&p=51464180&Sequence=0&res=high
    albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=781692&a=5682838&p=51464182&Sequence=0&res=high albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=781692&a=5682838&p=51474445&Sequence=0&res=high
    \albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=781692&a=5682838&p=51474447&Sequence=0&res=high

10. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I am having a problem viewing those pictures.

Welcome to the forum ProbeDroid!

11. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "Dave Prowse RULES!"

You didn't need to tell us that, we knew that already! :D

12. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    great interview ladysith!!! i really enjoyed reading it, it's good to hear that my opinions of rotj and tpm are the same as darth vader's! i also thought the new artwork/logo was very cool :) .

13. asax

asax Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    That RAWKED, LadySith!!! I'll echo the compliments, a truly terrific job. While I don't always agree with Mr. Prowse's opinions (the use of J.E. Jones, etc.), he's seems to be SO great with fans, and truly appreciative and humble about his success. I hope he gets totally recovered as soon as possible. Heheh, now that we have someone who knows him personally, maybe we can get him to visit next year;)

14. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Thanks for the kind words guys! He made it easy!

Asax...getting him here in 2002 is on my list of things to do. :) In fact, he was so interested in what was going on next year he gave us his private contact information :) Now..IF he could make it, and that is a HUGE IF for several reasons, and he appeared at the museum for us around opening night, I wonder what he would have to do to get a ticket to the first showing..I hear they are difficult to come by :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.