JCC David Petraus resigns over affair

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, Nov 9, 2012.

1. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    REPUBLICAN CONSPIRACY TO GET OBAMA ELECTED!!!1!!
    MrZAP, Summer Dreamer and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Why is it that everytime I end up drinking Mountain Dew, it ends up going up the nose in laughter?

I hope that FBI agent was fired. What a really unprofessional thing to do.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Nov 12, 2012
  3. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    He seems to be in serious trouble, but not much else is known. This FBI agent seems to have been an anti-Obama conspiracy nut.

But with how Washington keeps secrets, I'm sure we'll all know soon enough.
  4. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    A conspiracy nut that could have jeopardized a serious investigation with that.

Well, not too terribly hard to see why Cantor and the others decided to sit on it. Once it was found out that a rogue FBI agent told them and not proper channels (and that they found out before the President did), it would have been really easy for the spin to be that the GOP was colluding some in the FBI to false investigation in an attempt to ruin the President prior to the election It wouldn't be reality, but we all know what they say about perception/reality and that would be the perception. Even a hard - liner like Cantor had to have known going public with this had the possiblity of backfiring and not ending well so close to the election.
  5. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Or just being, you know, a totally unethical way of going about such things.
  6. BootlegVader Force Ghost

star 4
    We are talking about Eric Cantor thus that is not really relevant.;)
    Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  8. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Last edited by Juliet316, Nov 12, 2012
    Summer Dreamer likes this.
  10. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Last edited by Summer Dreamer, Nov 12, 2012
  11. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    The more I hear about this the less I care.

I mean, these men are directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of people at the very least, and the head of the CIA is responsible for a number of other unsavory things. And we care about them having volatile affairs because it might be used for blackmail and it might compromise national security? (Not sure how that would really work; anything truly important probably wouldn't just depend on one dude and they'd probably do exactly what Petraus did anyway and come forward. I'm pretty sure people who think it's a huge problem job-wise probably saw too many movies.)
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Nov 12, 2012
  12. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    It's just so dysfunctional. It's unbelieveable.

I also want to know how it's physically possible to write 30,000 pages of emails to anyone within a year or two.

Also, two other top generals (besides Petraeus and Allen) have been dismissed recently. Coincidence? There must be more to this than just extramarital affairs.
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7

Gee, maybe I'd like to know that our country isn't brought down or invaded because some high - ranking offical couldn't keep it in his pants and either inadvertantly shared state secrets or was otherwise compromised through blackmail and the like.

Despite how soap operaish this whole thing is turning out to be.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Nov 13, 2012
  14. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I find it funny that the people involved are basically GOP connected yet the media of The Right wants to make attempts to connect this to Obama and Benghazi.
  15. Darth_Zidious Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    lol
    MrZAP likes this.
  17. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Honestly the only reason I'm still following this is for the schadenfreude. Some very bad people getting very publically embarrassed. We haven't had this much fun in the government since 1972.
  18. AAAAAH Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    i'm sick of this sideshow. put him on the stand already.
  19. GenAntilles Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't consider Petraeus or Allen 'very bad people'. They made obvious personal mistakes that effected their ability to be trusted but other than that they've had exemplary service records for their country.
    Valairy Scot likes this.
  20. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    I'm fairly certain he wasn't referring to them as "bad people" because of the affairs.
  21. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
  22. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    I made my first attempt to catch up on this story today so I'm still at the, "Did this all really happen?" phase.
  23. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    And the point goes to Wocky. This whole thing is populated by high-ranking career soldiers (one of whom runs the most holy **** evil and unaccountable agencies of the US government) and corrupt FBI agents. These are not people of sterling character.

Then again, I'm a pacifist, but that is that so crazy?
  24. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    remember a week ago when everyone on this board was gesticulating about how bug-**** crazy dennis kucinich was and the only evidence offered, (apparently the only evidence needed) was that he once advocated the creation of a "department of peace"? futher, DARING to suggest such a bureau was seen as equivalent to suggesting abortion was unnecessary in cases of rape because women's bodies subconciously ward off rape babies, provided, of course, the rape was "legitimate"

yeah. i think you know how this forum feels about pacifism
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Nov 13, 2012
  25. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    To be fair Rogue, it's not so much that everyone agreed. It's that the proposition was forwarded by KK and Mr44, and people decided it just wasn't worth the effort to go there in detail.