main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

David Prowse to vist newcastle this Thursday 8th November

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Ranouch-Heath, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    Sorry for the short notice Ive just been sent a Text saying Actor David prowse will be attending newcastle indoor market for some BIG sci Fi event this week

The detail I have are This Thursday @11am

I can get more details as I get them (Or I can pass on phone numbers )

2. Ranouch-Heath

Aug 20, 2007
    Urgent costumed and fan members attend this event in Newcastle granger street market
    I have given Suez the URGENT contact number

3. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Anymore details? I live in Carlisle and may be able to attend to provide support.

4. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Dave- have forwarded your message.

I'll post anything if I get any more details.

If anyone does want to pop along, I can meet people for a coffee over lunchtime, but if it starts at 11am, I'll be at work and can't get out 'til 12pm.

5. fastfast

fastfast Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    i dont post on here very often albeit this is the first one and i am going to give you the info as my friend who works in newcastle is the person who passed the info onto me then i passed it onto david,

here goes (deep breath)

David Prowse will be signing his book on wednesday (no idea where its going to be) at the metro
    Thursday is his chil day so he is doing some shopping at AMBLERGEM in Grainger Market, Grainger Street,
    Newcastle. He is doing this to get some freebies from the shop as David Prowse will be giving the
    shop some celebrity exposure.

This should be happening at around 11am, give or take. you know what celebs are like, they dont wear watches do they so its a 24 hr flexi thing.

i would turn up early though if you want to bethere and be in a costume, bring a dvd sleeve or something
    but just turn up, i reckon the local chronicle might be there too.

enjoy

6. fastfast

fastfast Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004

7. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    righto then, a few of us are turning up in costume arter being asked by the store owner
    nigel-palpy
    dave-jedi
    jimmy-tie pilot
    nick borland-stormtrooper
    if you can pop along

8. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hope you have fun and it goes well Nige! Again, won't be able to attend, so apologies for that. You need to come over to NW sometime, I'll help :p

9. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I might try and pop by during my lunch, but it'd be after 12.30pm most likely...

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Oh btw, out of curiosity ... is this a FF organised costuming meet since it's being arranged here, or is it one of the groups we are friendly with?

11. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Good to see this event is being supported so as this appears to be a costume meet and I'm not a costume owning fan I'll wish you all well for tomorrow.

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    DM, not sure if it's not just a few members who know each other on here going to help a shop out. Just trying to find it out, Suzi has more details I think.

However, I can tell you from experience that members without costume at meets where people are costuming, costume crew (ie helpers, but non costumers) are ALWAYS needed. And if this is a FF meet there can be NO enforced costume requirement at all, at any meet, within FF. I am sure the people going would love to see you there, if only you attend to meet them and hang around. And I know Suzi would definitely love to meet you too. Alas, since I am in work I can't make it.

13. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I'll be there my Uni is about 5 mins away and I have study time then, I may bring some friends down too! :)

Anybody taking anything to get signed???

14. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I'll have a wander in the Grainger Market and see if I can see anyone over my lunchtime, then. If I'm too late and miss you, then hope you guys have fun! :D

DarthsMuse- Like Tim says, anyone can attend a meet whether they're in costume or not, so you're always welcome.

15. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Was too late to see the guys in costume, but caught them just as they were leaving...sounded like it was good, so don't forget to post some pics if you took any!

16. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    typical lady always late :p it was good to see you suzi, any who here are the pics

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/nlindenj/dave%20prowse/

enjoy

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice pics, Nige.

18. blaydon-roth

blaydon-roth Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2007
    Nice pictures nige ,wish I was there though but no costume as yet so I need some advice on that.

19. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...depends which side you want to go....

to the lightside... www.rebellegionuk.comO:)

or the darkside... the 99th imperial garrison[face_skull]

if you want total fun - join both! [face_dancing]

Both clubs run organised events.

20. Ranouch-Heath

Aug 20, 2007
    Go On Join the darkside you know you want to ! :p

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    There is another :p
    Though as we will always point out, Fan Force is NOT a costuming group (so we don't really have the resources to organise troops like Rebel Legion or the 99th Imperial Garrison do), there are members of the FF-UK and other FF chapters who wear costume only at FF events (usually conventions) and prefer not to get as involved as a costuming organisation, there has been in the past discussions of FF organising a little more for our costumers since we support all fan creativity (from fan fic, fan art, fan film, etc to costuming).

What I would say, if you end up in one of the two costuming groups mentioned above, you won't be away from the other one and FF, because we all work fairly closely together. One bigger happy family in fandom.

22. Ranouch-Heath

Aug 20, 2007
  23. fastfast

fastfast Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    http://www.journallive.co.uk/videos-pictures-north-east/

a small video interview with david prowse but not too much of the costumers, unfortunately David didnt get as much screen time as he probably hoped for.

and "isnt he a bit short for a storm trooper?"

24. fastfast

fastfast Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    just a couple of signed dvd covers i managed to get a pic of on the day.

[image=http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/428/hopegf3.th.jpg]

[image=http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9557/jedilo9.th.jpg]

there is a photo that was done but i have not got a photo of that yet.

Spike Edit: Fixed image formatting

25. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    its close

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/nlindenj/dave%20prowse/S5000265.jpg]

hope it helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.