main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph David Wellington

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Zombi_2_1979, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombi_2_1979

Zombi_2_1979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2005
    The ultra-talented online serial horror novelist David Wellington has three tales for zombie and vampire lovers on his website.

First book in a trilogy of serial zombie novels, Monster Island. Wait til you read the second chapter introducing "Gary".

The sequel Monster Nation.

The last chapter of the trilogy, Monster Planet.

And David Wellington's current running online serial novel about vampires, Thirteen Bullets. (The serial is on chapter 32, but hopefully I linked the table of contents as well with the other novels. If not just scroll down and click on "Table of Contents" to find chapter one.)

The writer is getting plenty of hype and was brought to my attention by some trusted sources. I've only begun Monster Island and freakin lovin it.

David Wellington is going in print in April with the TPB release of Monster Island. I most assuredly put money in this boy's pocket. BTW, spread the word for this generous writer.

Warning very graphic content and violence.

2. Zombi_2_1979

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh btw, these serial online novels are absolutely free. Just click on the respectable titles in the post above and that will link you to each's Table of Content.

I've read most of Monster Island and the first part of Thirteen Bullets (three chapters long). So far I prefer his zombie epic but because he a good writer and great for detail, Thirteen Bullets is a very enjoyable read itself.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Can you give a little more detail about what they're about? My computer isn't allowing me to access the site.

4. Zombi_2_1979

Jul 13, 2005

From Publishers Weekly

In Wellington's energetic horror debut, the first of a promised trilogy, Manhattan has become Monster Island after a plague has turned all its denizens into shambling, rotting animated corpses, except for a couple who have kept their intelligence and also acquired psychic powers. When an expedition from Africa arrives, composed of teenage girl-soldiers and a former U.N. weapons inspector, the zombie masters mobilize their forces to kill or eat the living humans. Page by page, the story is inventive and exciting as Wellington exploits his familiarity with New York's nooks and crannies as settings for flesh-chomping battles and narrow escapes. As a whole, though, the book satisfies less since the author selectively forgets anything about the situation or the characters that would inhibit further gross-out episodes. Still, the novel offers some provocative thoughts about the purpose of life and death underlaid with some ultra-dark humor.

(May)

Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Book Description

It's one month after a global disaster. The most "developed" nations of the world have fallen to the shambling zombie masses. Only a few pockets of humanity survive ? in places rife with high-powered weaponry, such as Somalia.

In New York City, the dead walk the streets, driven by an insatiable hunger for all things living. One amongst them is different; though he shares their appetites he has retained his human intelligence. Alone among the mindless zombies, Gary Fleck is an eyewitness to the end of the world ? and perhaps the evil genius behind it all.

From the other side of the planet, a small but heavily-armed group of schoolgirls-turned-soldiers has come in search of desperately needed medicine. Dekalb, a former United Nations weapons inspector, leads them as their local guide. Ayaan, a crack shot at the age of sixteen, will stop at nothing to complete her mission. They think they are prepared for anything. On Monster Island they will find that there is something worse even than being undead, as Gary learns the true price of survival.

The second book Monster Nation isn't a sequel I've learned but a prequel, revealing why and how the zombie apocalypse occured.

Meanwhile, Zombie Planet is a sequel taking place 12 years after the events of Monster Island.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.