San Diego, CA David West Reynolds in San Diego on 16 May 2002

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Dune_Sea_Hermit, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master

star 1
    Um, hello.

I'm new. I thought you would be interested in this upcoming bookstore event featuring David West Reynolds, author of the beautiful Star Wars Visual Dictionaries.

Here's the excerpt from the Barnes & Noble (Mira Mesa) flyer.
    Spotlight
    16th May, Thursday at 7:30pm.

Night of the Stars & Moon
    Star Wars expert Dr. David West Reynolds and former astronaut, Captain Wally Schirra will appear to share and discuss their book Apollo: The Epic Journey to the Moon..
    The book is an illustrated overview of the United States efforts to get to the moon, a feat that was met on July 20, 1969.
    Directly following the signing, the San Diego Astronomy Association will set-up a demonstration of telescopes for a viewing of the night's sky.
    If you're a fan of space or the stars, don't miss this event!
    The bookstore is located at I-15 and Mira Mesa Boulevard, near the massive, fortress-like Edwards Theater 18.

Barnes & Noble -- Mira Mesa
    10775 Westview Parkway
    San Diego, CA 92126
    858-684-3166

This is a great opportunity to get your visual dictionaries signed. It'd be nice to see a lot of costumed Star Wars fans there. Before or afterwards you could watch Episode II at the adjacent theater for the second or third or fourth time.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight

star 6
    Thanks for posting that! Unfortunately I'll most likely be watching Star Wars Episode II on that date and time. ;)
  3. Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master

star 1
    Won't you be going to a midnight showing?

Non-technically, the 16th is the evening after the premiere.
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight

star 6
    I will be going to a midnight showing, and the evening showing both. I see it at midnight with friends, and with family for the evening showing. And I'll be seeing it every evening after that as well. That is a really bad date for someone to make an appearance in my opinion.
  5. CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey Mara, if you had an invite, would you want to see Ep2 about a week early?
  6. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    do lightsabers cut through durasteel? who *wouldn't* take up that offer?!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.