main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

San Diego, CA David West Reynolds in San Diego on 16 May 2002

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Dune_Sea_Hermit, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Um, hello.

I'm new. I thought you would be interested in this upcoming bookstore event featuring David West Reynolds, author of the beautiful Star Wars Visual Dictionaries.

Here's the excerpt from the Barnes & Noble (Mira Mesa) flyer.
    Spotlight
    16th May, Thursday at 7:30pm.

Night of the Stars & Moon
    Star Wars expert Dr. David West Reynolds and former astronaut, Captain Wally Schirra will appear to share and discuss their book Apollo: The Epic Journey to the Moon..
    The book is an illustrated overview of the United States efforts to get to the moon, a feat that was met on July 20, 1969.
    Directly following the signing, the San Diego Astronomy Association will set-up a demonstration of telescopes for a viewing of the night's sky.
    If you're a fan of space or the stars, don't miss this event!
    The bookstore is located at I-15 and Mira Mesa Boulevard, near the massive, fortress-like Edwards Theater 18.

Barnes & Noble -- Mira Mesa
    10775 Westview Parkway
    San Diego, CA 92126
    858-684-3166

This is a great opportunity to get your visual dictionaries signed. It'd be nice to see a lot of costumed Star Wars fans there. Before or afterwards you could watch Episode II at the adjacent theater for the second or third or fourth time.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks for posting that! Unfortunately I'll most likely be watching Star Wars Episode II on that date and time. ;)

3. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Won't you be going to a midnight showing?

Non-technically, the 16th is the evening after the premiere.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I will be going to a midnight showing, and the evening showing both. I see it at midnight with friends, and with family for the evening showing. And I'll be seeing it every evening after that as well. That is a really bad date for someone to make an appearance in my opinion.

5. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Hey Mara, if you had an invite, would you want to see Ep2 about a week early?

6. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    do lightsabers cut through durasteel? who *wouldn't* take up that offer?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.