main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dawn of a New Age:An AU of ROTS- updated 12/29 with Birth of an Empire Preview

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Title: Dawn of a New Age-Complete Story
    Author: Milteck
    Timeframe: Alternate ending of ROTS
    Characters:

Jedi Council:

Yoda- Grandmaster of Jedi Order

Aayla Secura- Twi?lek Female Jedi Master
    Anakin Skywalker- Human Male Jedi Master
    Ki-Adi-Mundi- Cerean Male Jedi Master
    Mace Windu- Human Male Jedi Master
    Luminara Unduli- Mirialan Female Jedi Master
    Obi-Wan Kenobi-Human Male Jedi Master
    Plo Koon-Kel Dor Male Jedi Master
    Roan Shryne- Human Male Jedi Master
    Shaak Ti- Tigruta Female Jedi Master
    Stass Allie- Human Female Jedi Master

Jedi Knights

Joruus C?Baoth- Human Male
    Darrin Arkanian- Sullustan
    Tanaka- Dantari Jedi Tribesman from Dantooine
    Various others, to many to mention

Padawans
    Zett Jukassa- Human Male
    Whie Malreaux- Human Male
    Tagashi- Human Male

Politicians
    Bail Organa- Human Male of Alderaan- Chancellor of New Republic
    Mon Mothma- Human Female of Corellia- Reformist Committee leader
    Padme Amidala(Skywalker)- Human Female of Naboo
    Sate Pestage- Human Male of Coruscant- Loyalist Committee Leader
    Zang Far- Human Male- Prominent Reformist Committee member

Separatist Leaders
    Nute Gunray- Trade Federation Viceroy and leader of Separatist forces
    Poggle the Lesser- Geonosian King
    San Hill- Banking Clan leader
    Wat Tambor- Techno Union Leader

Galactic Empire
    Darth Sidious- Human Male Dark Lord of the Sith
    Darth Maul- Zabrak Sith Apprentice
    Grand Admiral Tarkin-Human Male
    Grand Admiral Thrawn- Chiss Male
    Ysanne Isard-Human Female
    Xio Jade-Human Female
    Admiral Hanson- Human Male
    Admiral Gyznic- Human Male
    Captain Jennings- Human Male
    Captain Jamisson- Human Male
    Lieutenant Piett- Human Male

Genre: Alternate Universe

Summary: Anakin allows Mace Windu to destroy Palpatine and attempts to bring balance to the force as a Jedi.

Notes: This is a revised version of Dawn of a New Age with over a 100 pages of new content. In this story, I present an alternate universe of what could have happened if Anakin had allowed Master Windu to destroy Palpatine.

2. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Star Wars Dawn of a New Age Revised Expanded Edition
    Introduction
    The Fall of Palpatine

From outside the Chancellor?s private office, within the Senate building, sounds of a vicious exchange of lightsaber blades could be clearly heard. The shroud of the dark side was gone and the Senate building was now infested with it. Darth Sidious was the root of evil that had entrenched itself firmly in the foundations of the Republic and Master Windu was trying to stop him before he could seize absolute power. But Master Windu had tried to directly remove him from power and made the mistake of not taking Anakin seriously about how powerful the dark side flowed through Palpatine. He could sense that things had gone terribly wrong and if he didn?t act quickly to save Master Windu, all would be lost.

It made Anakin run even faster after hearing the crackle of a Sith lightning attack and the mocking laughter of Darth Sidious. Another exchange of lightsaber blades could be heard, followed by the sounds of glass loudly shattering. He could sense that an epic battle was being fought between two colossal wielders of the force; a conflict with implications that plagued his mind and filled him with uncertainty for where his loyalties reside. Much of what he was feeling was due to the fear of loss for his beloved wife Padme that threatened to drive him to the edge of darkness, willing to do whatever was necessary to save her. It was this internal conflict that compelled him to disobey Master Windu?s order to remain at the Jedi Temple, knowing that Palpatine?s fate was in his hands.

Anakin suddenly lost his footing and tripped over something that he had not seen. Due to how fast he was running; he was unable to keep his balance, and fell awkwardly to the floor. Anakin gasped in shock as he realized he had fallen among the corpses of Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, and Agen Kolar. He reacted by crying out in horror at the loss of so many prominent Jedi Masters, cringing after he looked upon the face of Agen Kolar, who had been stabbed cleanly through the forehead by a lightsaber blade. He will never forget the expression of shock and horror on the powerful telepath?s face. Along with the look of fear on the others, it made Anakin tremble and quickly step over the corpses, realizing he had very little time left to save Master Windu from sharing their fate.

Anakin quickly got back up and made his way into the main chamber of the Chancellor?s office to see Master Windu was still alive, fighting for his life against Darth Sidious on the edge of the shattered view panel. Anakin armed himself and proceeded with haste forward, preparing to assist Master Windu. He believed he would need his help to defeat the Sith Lord and was relieved he was in time to save him.

Master Windu was sweating considerably, but that was not an uncommon sight because Master Windu was known for his battlefield intensity and aggressive fighting style. It was clear the Korun was fighting for his life, enduring attack after attack, and looked drained; barely able to stand. Only his Vaapad focus and iron will was keeping him standing, doing whatever it took to keep him alive against Darth Sidious? brutal assaults.

Anakin had always been curious about the Vaapad technique that Master Windu invented and Obi-Wan advised him not to learn it because of its dark nature that was very draining on the wielders Force abilities. Because of that, only the most committed Jedi dared to learn Vaapad and only Master Depa Billaba had ever been certified by Master Windu to master it. But Anakin recognized that despite the drawbacks, the Vaapad technique was the only thing keeping Master Windu alive and able to stand his ground from the vicious attacks from Darth Sidious. It was an impressive display that Anakin would never forget.

Darth Sidious, on the other-hand, looked to be merely toying with him and clearly was overconfident that he could destroy him at any time. There was a hint of frustration on the Sith Lord?s face that he was unable to land a killi

3. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I tried to write an opening scene that would flow very nicely from the movie and takes off after Mace kills Sidious.

I hope all those who read this enjoy and I appreciate any feedback, critiques, or thoughts on the story. Feel free to bring blasters up to maximum and tell your thoughts on the story.

If you would like to be added to my pm list for this revised edition of Dawn, please let me know and will send you regular IM as update the story.

4. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey Milteck,

I'd be interested in the PM's if you're sending them.

Excellent first chapter.

Eg

5. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved this beginning. I would be interested in PMs. This looks like it could become wonderful.

6. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes please add me to your PM list as well. I'm on for anything where Anakin doesn't go dark. THX

7. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Have added to pm list

EGKenobi
    JediMasterjessica
    Moangel

Thanks for the kind words about the introduction and glad you all have enjoyed it.
    Any feedback or critique you make about the piece will be greatly appreciated.

D.M.

8. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I will be updating this tomorrow

Moving forward, I will be updating this story at least two times a week.

I hope everyone enjoys this story:)

D.M.

9. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I think I've read this before, is there a full version somewhere?:confused:

Anyway, cool story and please add me to the PM list[:D]

10. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    This is the revised version of the original, with over 100 pages of new content.

It is the final draft of the original, and much improved as well.

D.M.

11. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    The Senate

Convened by Master Windu, this special meeting of the Senate revealed many of the dark secrets of Palpatine. Anakin stood beside Master Windu as he described how it was Palpatine who had been responsible for the creation of the Clone army and the war. He described how through the dark side, Darth Sidious had manipulated the senate to nearly give him absolute power and warned the Senate that no man should ever be given such unlimited power ever again. Anakin looked over to see the pod belonging to his lovely wife Padme along with her closest confidant Bail Organa of Alderaan, who were both clapping for joy as the tyranny of Palpatine was now over. He smiled at his wife in agony; knowing that by destroying Palpatine, he may have just doomed her to an untimely death.

He also felt sorrow for the death of his mentor and friend Palpatine. Though he was clearly manipulating him for his own gain, he still felt his loss like one would for a father. Other than Obi-Wan, no other individual had influenced him as much as Palpatine and he would miss being able to confide in him things he would not dare speak of to his Jedi colleagues. Though he was smiling, Anakin was being eaten up inside by feelings of grief and loss. Despite those feelings, he knew that he had done the right thing, fulfilling his destiny by destroying the Sith.

"You must now elect a new Supreme Chancellor." Mace Windu announced bringing Anakin's attention back to the matter at hand. "We will not interfere as you now begin to deliberate who is worthy to succeed Palpatine." As Mace sat down, Anakin ventured his opinion by whispering softly, "Master, should we not provide the senate with candidates to choose from instead of allowing this tainted senate to choose who their next leader will be?"

Mace consider his words before responding, "It is not for us to choose who rules the Republic Anakin and we must not be perceived as being involved with the selection of the new leader otherwise no one will respect their authority." Anakin understood his master?s response and accepted it as he listened while the names began to be called out by members of the Senate.

It was also important to reestablish a legitimate government as quickly as possible so that it would not be perceived that the Jedi were attempting to take over the Republic. Initially, the council had discussed watching over the Republic and overseeing the transition of power. But now that the deed was done and the realization that it was a Sith Lord who had been in complete control of the Republic, the Jedi had done enough to secure the transition back to democracy. By destroying him, they had removed the cancer from the Republic, in effect curing it, and the Senate is now no longer manipulated by his presence. It was a decision Master Windu made when he had privately met with the Reformists, consisting of their most influential Senators Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, and Zang Far who wanted an immediate election for a new Chancellor. They realized, just as Master Windu did, that if the Jedi were seen as the rulers of the Republic or had a puppet government installed that was clearly controlled by the Jedi, then the Republic would topple under the scrutiny of the Senate and its citizens. A legitimate government must be maintained in order to assure the stability of the Republic, while it endured this transition into a New Republic. It would start by the election of a new chancellor.

One name in particular was most distinguished and popular as many prominent Senators nominated Bail Organa to succeed Palpatine. In response; Senator Organa moved his platform out toward Master Windu while publicly announcing, "I accept the Senate?s nomination and will be honored to become the next Supreme Chancellor."

Mace nodded to Bail Organa as he recorded his name on his datapad. It was clear after Bail Organa?s name was mentioned that any other candidate that accepted nomination was not as acclaimed or popular. The only other notable mention worth speaking of was Senator Amidala

12. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I hope everyone enjoys this section

As always, please set critique blasters to maximum and would really like to hear feedback of what you thought of my story/writing.

Milteck

13. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter

14. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    It has been a while since I read the first version of the story and I enjoyed reading it again.

I have to admit that for Padmé to have to make all the sacrifices and Anakin hardly any is a bit unfair, although, I can somewhat understand it.

Great job on the first two update and I?m looking forward to read more.

15. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Am glad you both enjoyed:)

I also appreciated the feedback Star. Padme has sacraficed to this point a lot more then Anakin to make their relationship work. That status quo will change by the end of Dawn.

Milteck

16. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    I remember this! I'm glad you split it up becuase now I'll finally be able to read it completely without starting to see lines from staring at the computer screen so long!

EDIT: I just wanted to point out you changed tenses in your first chapter. It was absolutely wonderful and detailed, but I couldn't help but notice the changes in tenses.

17. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Hm.......this is really interesting. I never thought about the need to elect a new chancellor, if Windu had succeeded in killing Palpy. This is going to be good. PM's, please!

Raptor517

18. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Added danceswithblasters and Raptor to pm list

Thank you for your feedback danceswithblasters

I intentionally changed the tenses because I thought it flowed better.

I am gladed you enjoyed

D.M.

19. ikarit

ikarit Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2006
    Very interesting! Please add me to your PM list.

20. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Here is a complete list of those on my pm list

EGKenobi
    JediMasterJessica
    MoAngel
    G__Anakin
    Star_Angel
    Danceswithblasters
    Raptor517
    Ikarit

Will be updating this again tomorrow

Milteck

21. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Funeral Pyre of Palpatine

Anakin had requested the right to dispose of the Chancellor?s body. He wanted to ensure that despite what others may have thought of him, his body was treated respectively. Mace agreed to Anakin's request, but told him it would have to be done during the hour recess he granted. He believed if it was not done by then, the Senate would vote on how to dispose of it. From many of the different cultures in the senate, Anakin knew there could be some very grim manners that could be created to dispose of Palpatine?s body. Mace allowed Anakin to use the crematorium in the Jedi temple and when he arrived, Darth Sidious?s body rested upon it. A black robe had been used to wrap his body as it had been found in his office and Mace believed it to be the cloak he used when he assumed the identity of his Sith persona, Darth Sidious.

Anakin reached down and pulled the hood over the Palpatine's face that had been badly scarred and mutilated by his Sith Lightning attack that had been repulsed on him by Master Windu. He thought about saying something before starting the incineration sequence, but only one thought could come into his mind. "I am sorry." He said somberly as he reached down and affectionately squeezed his mentor's hand. He knew what Palpatine had done was terribly wrong, but part of him understood what he tried to do and through the Clone War perhaps he truly did bring the Republic closer together then it had ever been.

He also felt guilty for not being able to save Palpatine from himself as Master Windu had already confided in him that once he embraced the dark side, the man that had once been Palpatine was destroyed. That it had been Darth Sidious all along who had been manipulating them and the Republic from the time he became a Senator in the Republic. It was a truth that Anakin had a difficult time accepting as Palpatine had been like a father to him. He was convinced there was still some good in Palpatine and that those feelings had been directed toward him. It made Anakin?s betrayal even harder to stomach because by allowing Sidious to be destroyed, it also destroyed whatever goodness was left inside of his mentor.

Anakin also believed the galaxy needed someone to be in complete control and whose direction was followed without question. But Anakin also accepted Mace?s belief that such control was dangerous and went against everything the Republic stood for. That was why Chancellor Palpatine had to be stopped before he could gain complete control of the Republic because after he had gained complete control he would then have moved to destroy the Jedi Order. Anakin?s view on politics changed to believing that the Senate would be more effective if all decisions were made by an elected body of only twelve members. The Jedi Council was a good example of how to effectively organize and manage an empire as its members were all chosen from its membership with all legislation being debated required a ¾ majority to pass with all twelve needing to agree to change the Jedi code itself. It was a very efficient system and was one of the primary reasons the Jedi Order has lasted for thousands of years.

The Jedi Council had evidence to show that it had existed well beyond the founding of the Republic and perhaps it was time to reorganize the Republic under such a political system. But Anakin was also a realist and knew the thousands of Republic Senators would never allow that to happen. The decision by Master Windu to allow the election of a new Chancellor, while keeping the Senate intact was the correct one, even if it meant allowing the Republic another opportunity to corrupt itself under a system that did not work. Palpatine had known how corrupt the Republic was and often explained to Anakin his grand scheme of changing the Republic into an empire with all the power held by an emperor.

It was an idea that Anakin had supported and had thought a lot about it during the Clone Wars and watched as slowly Palpatine passed legislation that gave him more exec

22. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Great Chapter, I love the emotions you used. THanks so much for the PM

23. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    You are welcome JMJessica

I am glad you have enjoyed the story:)

Milteck

24. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Wonderful introspective on Anakin's thoughts as he finally frees himself from Palpatine. Only not quite, huh?

25. CT-13438

CT-13438 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2007
    but what about the clones.They only answer to palpatine and will eventually activate order 66 on their own.They dont like the jedi for killing their clone brother or something like that,jango fett.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.