main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dawn of a New Age:An AU of ROTS- updated 12/29 with Birth of an Empire Preview

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Will comment later.

2. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Oh no the clone of Sidious??!!!

3. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Star_Angel wrote:

Amazing update. I wonder if it?s in a Sith?s nature to never know when to back of?wait, yeah it is. Thanks for the pm and I?m looking forward to read more.

Make you wait so long Star_Angel?

Most definitely it is]-}

Milteck

4. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    WBJK wrote:

Oh no the clone of Sidious??!!!

Yes and also his resurrected Apprentice: Darth Maul:cool:

Milteck

5. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Rise Post

I command you!!!

Milteck

6. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    hmmm Interesting fic do you think you could pm me when you update it?

Thanks in advance

7. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Yoda-I-Am

Added you to pm list

Milteck

8. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Starship Avenger

The Clone Wars was over and the entire space fleet was currently engaged in patrolling the outer rim ensuring the separatist behaved themselves. The droid ships remained motionless in space as the Separatist leaders deactivated their entire defense force. Unlike the ground forces, however, the Separatist still refused to allow Republic military personal to board their ships and secure them.

Admiral Tarkin could not believe how drastically his focus had changed within the last 48 hours. With Chancellor Palpatine being overthrown by the Jedi, there was no doubt that his position would be compromised once it was learned by the Republic what he had been commissioned to build for the Republic. He was one of the first officers in the fleet to be given command over a sector compared to most sectors in the outer rim which were controlled by Jedi Knights. He had been singled out by Chancellor Palpatine for his role in the Battle of Geonosis where he been able to destroy most of the Separatist Fleet before they could escape. His skill as a leader and tactician did not go unnoticed and soon found himself in command of a fleet of ships where over the course of three years coordinated many of the outer rim campaigns.

It was during this last year that his involvement in a new project began to reveal to Tarkin that the Republic was slowly beginning to change. In a secret meeting; the Chancellor had invited him to discuss the future of the Republic where once the Separatists were crushed the Republic would be reorganized into the new Galactic Empire. Through military might and fear, Palpatine was convinced that no star systems would dare attempt to break away ever again.

Among those in attendance at this meeting was an intriguing woman named Ysanne Isard, who Palpatine at that meeting named his Director of Intelligence and Special Operations. It was at this meeting that Tarkin?s future was assured where he was promoted to the rank of Admiral and given direct supervision over a weapon being developed called the Deathstar. It was also made clear to both the Ysanne Isard and Tarkin that the Jedi were not to in any way be involved in this. It was clear to him that Palpatine had sinister plans in store for the Jedi and that the Galactic Empire would be forged from their ashes.

Admiral Tarkin did not at all mind the Jedi losing power as he always considered them to be arrogant and unworthy of the power they wielded. It became clear to Tarkin that the military might that the Republic had become would not be disbanded and the powers granted to Chancellor Palpatine through the Emergency Powers Act would never be returned. A powerful standing military was critical to keeping order in the galaxy and Tarkin believed was the only way to keep such revolutions from ever happening again.

All that had changed when news of Palpatine's death reached him and that his attempt to secure power had failed. The Jedi had destroyed him before he could seize absolute power and with the truth revealed about being the cause of the war, it effectively ended the Clone War as the Separatists surrendered. Now the new Supreme Chancellor Bail Organa was in power and with that meant the end for the military might of the Republic. His first act was to give back the Emergency powers of his office that would be returned after the Separatists formally surrendered to the Republic. His second order was directed at the military to stop any hostilities toward the Separatists and to assume peace keeping missions. Tarkin knew that once the Separatists officially surrendered and rejoined the Republic, the military would slowly be dismantled and disbanded.

He stood at attention on the bridge as his bridge crew scurried about the deck fulfilling their duties. Though they too knew they were in a state of peace, Tarkin did not ease up one bit on them expecting the same performance they produced during war time conditions. He was a stern man and his officers did not test what his resolve would be if they tried to disob

9. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Good plan, but Tarkin seems to forget that if the Jedi have destroyed Palpatine once, they can do it again.

10. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    What a plan! Now, this would all be so much easier if Palpatine just hadn't come back! But never the less, great story!

11. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Things is always easier without Palpatine yet somehow he always comes back.

Amazing new update.

12. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Darth_Kripp wrote:

Good plan, but Tarkin seems to forget that if the Jedi have destroyed Palpatine once, they can do it again.

Palpatine's resurrection threatens to bring the Republic to its knees and topple the Jedi Order.

D.M.

13. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Interesting. I wonder, since they're coming from Wayland, if they'll be bringing yslamiri [face_monkey] to keep the Jedi pilots from messing them up? [face_beatup]

Interesting, the plot thickens....post again, soon, please.

Raptor517

14. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    DancesWithBlasters posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What a plan! Now, this would all be so much easier if Palpatine just hadn't come back!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star wrote:

Things is always easier without Palpatine yet somehow he always comes back.

Amazing new update.

Glad you both enjoyed

Palpatine/Sidious is a thorn that is not easily removed and he will always be there to torment the Jedi.

His resurrection was inspired by the Dark Empire Series and also Darth Maul's resurrection was inspired by a similar resurrection when he fought Darth Vader.

Glad you both enjoyed
    D.M.

15. Jedi_Riches

Jedi_Riches Jedi Master star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Cool story so far, I love how Anakin is still a little conflicted even though he chose the light side of the force.

Could you also add me to the PM list. Thanks

16. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Interesting. I wonder, since they're coming from Wayland, if they'll be bringing yslamiri to keep the Jedi pilots from messing them up?

Interesting, the plot thickens....post again, soon, please.

Raptor517

Perhaps they will bring Yslamiri, Perhaps not.

You will have to read the entire epic to find out :)

D.M.

17. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Added you to pm list Jedi_riches

Milteck

18. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Ysanne Isard

On Coruscant the city was still buzzing about what had transpired over the last 48 hours as the Chancellor had been overthrown by the Jedi and the war was over. The election of the new Chancellor Bail Organa was also just as news worthy as it was widely praised and accepted. For the most part the entire city was alive with celebrations as their were fireworks going off and parties found easily on each city level regardless of the areas wealth.

Ysanne Isard was not in a mood to celebrate; however, as the chancellor being overthrown meant she now found herself unemployed. Chancellor Organa?s first act was to surrender the emergency powers once the peace treaty was signed which had fueled the Republic?s war effort against the separatists and given Palpatine all of his powers. Among his first acts of Chancellor was disbanding some of the military institutions ranging from the Chancellor?s elite security guards to the Isard?s Intelligence agency. The Imperial Intelligence organization had its funding completely removed making it impossible for her to continue the operations that Chancellor Palpatine wished her and her father to be engaged in.

Currently Ysanne Isard had a crude fire going where she was throwing into it data chips with sensitive information the Chancellor wished her to collect ranging from Jedi secrets to top secret projects. She also had in her possession many files about secrets about many of the elite senators of the Republic whose contents could pose embarrassing to their political future and considered using them to blackmail some money out of them. Most notably was the information she discovered about Senator Amidala relating to her secret relationship with the Jedi Anakin Skywalker. That information was highly coveted by the Chancellor, who explained to her it was worth a small fortune and delighted on possessing such condemning information about one of the elite Jedi of the order.

She held that data card now as she considered what exactly she should do with it when she found herself interrupted by the sounds of her private communications system going off. She was startled as she had disabled the standard communication system going into her office as she did not want to be disturbed, but had left the private system operational as it was designed to give her an exclusive private line to the Chancellor. She sat down behind her desk and keyed in her code on the panel to open the line.

She gasped as the holographic image appeared on her desk and the face of a youthful Palpatine stared back at her. It was hard to grasp exactly how he had done it, but she had no doubt that this was him and that he had cheated death. She had always marveled at the power the man wielded in addition to the cunning audacity he used on a daily basis to get what he wanted. At the time of his death, he could honestly boast that he was the most powerful man in the galaxy eclipsing even the Jedi in both prestige and political power. It also explained the reason Ysanne Isard was so attracted to the man feeling for him in ways that she had only shared with one other.

Darth Sidious allowed himself a few moments to stare at the young woman who he had nicknamed Iceheart because she was as cold and ruthless as her icy complexion. Not a woman who was particularly beautiful in the physical sense, she was unusually tall with long black hair with white streaks placed throughout it to make her look like a middle aged woman though she was still relatively young being in her early twenties. She also had been born cross eyed and in order to correct the ailment, her father had a procedure performed on her that gave her normal eye sight but it also gave her a rare and untreatable condition known as heterochromia iridium. The condition most notably changed the color of her left eye from blue to bright red, while also subtly producing violent mood swings within her that Ysanne would have to work all her life to bring under control. Her appearance made her look very formidable and had impressed him w

19. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Manipulation is a good trait of the Sith. [face_devil] Let's see how the Jedi react. Surely Anakin will understand that Palpatine has come back from death.

20. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Yikes! Two posts while I was gone! Wow, so Anakin's secrets are going public? Also, the fleet that Tarkin was in charge of is leaving Coruscant, so does this mean there is no protection over Coruscant? I hope the Jedi Council does something quick.

21. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Darth_Kripp wrote:

Manipulation is a good trait of the Sith. Let's see how the Jedi react. Surely Anakin will understand that Palpatine has come back from death.

Manipulation has always been one of Darth Sidious's best weapons. I am sure he will be using those abilities in his upcoming campaign against the Jedi.

Milteck

22. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Man, this just gets more intense all the time. I wonder what the Council's reaction will be to the press? And will this tip them off that Palpy is still alive? Keep posting!

Raptor517

23. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    IWBJ wrote:

Yikes! Two posts while I was gone! Wow, so Anakin's secrets are going public? Also, the fleet that Tarkin was in charge of is leaving Coruscant, so does this mean there is no protection over Coruscant? I hope the Jedi Council does something quick.

Sorry if not clear, but Tarkin's fleet left from Wayland and not Coruscant. However you did catch that currently there is nothing to protect Coruscant from attack. I wonder how Darth Sidious will respond once he learns of this?

D.M.

24. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Man, this just gets more intense all the time. I wonder what the Council's reaction will be to the press? And will this tip them off that Palpy is still alive? Keep posting!

Raptor517

Hopefully the Council will be more open minded and sympathetic to the Chosen One. Yoda and Mace have already committed themselves to giving Anakin his chance to bring balance to the Jedi Order. Yoda has also prepared Mace with the knowledge that Anakin will be forced to overcome his dark secrets if he is to succeed in bringing balance.

D.M.

25. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I really do love this story. How you convey each of the characters is true to the spirit of the films, and this outcome actually seems plausible. I give you so much credit because, honestly, AU ROTS stories are all over the place. They've become redundant, and mostly feel so out of character to the truth of Anakin and his fears, and the actions of those around him, namely Obi-Wan, Padme, Palpatine even. But you get the idea.

You certainly have captured these characters, and the emotion is there. Especially in Anakin, who so many seem to have a hard time bring out the fact that he COULD be good. Which I give you props for. Nice story, it has me hooked.

You can add me to the PM List if you don't mind, I really don't want to miss out on the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.