main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dawn of a New Age:An AU of ROTS- updated 12/29 with Birth of an Empire Preview

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Even the best people are good blackmailers...

2. corman006

corman006 Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2008
    Milteck Just wanted to let you know that someone was trying to copy and paste your work on ff.net and they got the second chapter half pasted with the first... heres the link if it is not you who is posting it to ask the admins to take it down.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4559528/1/Dawn_of_a_New_Age
    if it was you posting sorry to disturb your uploads but i know a lot of people get their stuff posted on ff.net when people copy it.
    Cory

3. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    I know I saw it too. Don't worry I saw that he took it down. I also e-mailed him to tell him he's wrong. He said he was really sorry. From what I can tell, he sounds really sorry.

4. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    I did see that. It was not me who posted that and was very upset to see it copied.

I saw they took it down and will continue updating this story this week

Thanks for your guys concern

5. Avooc

Avooc Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2008
    As always another great update.

6. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Just an update

There will be another update this week.

I apologtize for such long waits in the last two updates but have been doing a lot of volunteer work for my political party. Things will be getting back to normal for me after Nov. 4 after the election is over.

Thanks

7. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I hopefully will be able to update this story Monday or Tuesday.

Its currently being beta'd by my Hand Raptor

8. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Thank you Raptor for going through this for me. Again I wish to apologize for such a long delay in updating but with such a historic election coming up I've been volunteering to help in any way I can for the McCain campaign, in addition to working a full time job. Get out to vote Nov. 4.

Jedi Temple- Council Chamber

The wait was unbearable.

Anakin Skywalker tried to remain calm, but the closer the time came to the start of the Council session he became certain that he was heading for his impending doom. He had felt this way countless times when he faced a battle where he might have to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to win. But each of those times he also knew the battle was worth fighting for.
    This was one of those times.

To his right sat Obi-Wan, who likewise seemed worried about Anakin?s future, had spent much of the time since Master Windu left meditating to prepare himself for what was to come. Obi-Wan seemed calm in comparison and Anakin had to remind himself that his former master was a veteran of the Council that was accustomed to debating such tense issues. Anakin was not.
    He tried to close his eyes and meditate. It was essential in a Jedi?s life to maintain a sense of calm and order, but Anakin had never been at peace in such a tranquil state and his mind already began to brew with turmoil that worried him. His fears, anger, and doubts had a knack of always clouding his meditation and he spent much of life unable to find peace and tranquility through the Force using such means. Anakin was only able to achieve inner peace when he conquered that which troubled him.

The impending session was also not the only thing on his mind. Padme had left the chamber with the droids to take the babies back to the guest chamber where they could rest during the proceeding and promised she would be back as quick as she could. But it wasn?t quick enough as far as Anakin was concerned. His love for her had always clouded everything, including his judgment, but now his thoughts were troubled about an oath they made to each other the day they were married that thus far was unfulfilled. Surely Padme had remembered it because she was adamant they make it to each other as a part of their wedding vows, but so far had yet to make an issue of it with him. He felt a powerful urge to leave the Council Chamber to find her, but he was afraid that if he did that he might not have the courage to return to face the daunting challenge ahead and decide to fulfill his promise to leave the Jedi Order for her.

Deep down he knew that was not possible.

As long as there was a prophecy to be fulfilled, the Jedi Order would never let him go. Nor would he ever be free to do so.

At this point he would have settled for even Master Windu?s company, but he also had to leave to take care of some official business himself. Master Windu wanted the temple clean and orderly by the end of tonight, which meant all the dead bodies had to be disposed of properly and the debris cleaned up. The enemy?s bodies were all being removed outside to the pyre being constructed outside the temple walls where they would be burned together with no special ceremony given to them. A few of the corpses were saved so that full autopsies on them to determine if they truly were Kamino clones or if they had been developed in the recently discovered facilities on Coruscant?s moon run by the Spaarti corporation. DNA samples already proved that they were cloned from Quinlan Vos, but they wanted to make sure they were the genuine Kamino product before they went knocking on their door to demand an explanation.

Only Darth Maul?s corpse was given special attention, where it was taken to the Jedi?s crematorium to be burned unceremoniously as a Sith Lord ? hopefully for the last time. A full autopsy would be done on Maul as well, except his would be conducted not in Republic facilities but here in the temple where they hoped to discover the secret that resurrected him as a clone. It was unsettling to the Jedi how their enemie

9. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Anakins_kiss
    Avooc
    Daramin_of_the_way
    darth_drachonus
    Darth_kripp
    darthpandemonium
    darth_sidious_1983
    egkenobi
    Flipside82
    Force_chick
    Hewes
    Jedicam-ron
    Jediknight_mat
    Jedimaster_jen
    Jedimasterjessica
    Jedi_riches
    Kevin_solo
    Lordpullus
    Megacrafter2
    Moangel
    Ocelotl_Nesto
    Raptor517
    RuneEisahn
    Silsolo
    Spyman290
    Talon_Kenobi
    the_slilent_one
    Ultima_1
    Vaderlvr64
    Yoda-I_AM

10. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    ocelotl_ Nesto Yes I enjoyed his demise as well. Hopefully his brother will turn things around there.

raptor517 Am glad you enjoyed Yoda and Chancellor Organa taking him out with their authitorar. Your story is very good and have enjoyed every update.

darth-nellie I think that will be the last we hear of Kiat, but u never know. The Jedi Council certainly has a big decision to make and it will not be easy since everyone seated must vote in favor. Master Windu has taken it for granted he will be the next Grandmaster, but your right that he might not get it in the end. But as things stand now, if Yoda died tomorrow than Mace would be next inline to secede him. As far as his relationship with Barriss, you will have to wait and see on that.

force-chick Am glad you enjoyed. Mace contemplating having children is only natural. I also feel he is thinking of having children because it will now be expected of him to do so once the Force is balance and the Council abolishes the code. Bail is certainly coming into his own and I think he handled Kiat very well.
    As far as superbabies are concerned, they are able to walk so early because of how strongly the Force flows through them. Before you know it they will be getting into all kinds of trouble.

RuneEisahn Welcome aboard. I've added you to the Pm. Am glad you've enjoyed the story and there will be more updates to come.

darth_kripp Chancellor Organa certainly can use his authority blatantly when he needs to. Hopefully he won't be corrupted by it.

11. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I was unable to send PM's for this story for two days because the website was having technical difficulties and could not log in to do so.

Thank you all for your patience.

12. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    =D= Excellent update.

You've characterized Anakin very well here. His uncertainty and his arrogance ring very true.

I enjoyed the interaction between Obi-Wan and Anakin. For all that he is the Chosen One, he still has much to learn;)

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    can't wait for teh council meeting and no idea what the answer to the question is

14. megacrafter2

megacrafter2 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    Oooh, that was really intense, especially Ani's break down, the question of the day, will Yoda be late

oh...for the quiz, i'm guessing A. Captain Kogge

15. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    That was quite a nice lecture in behaving yourself in public.
    Some proofreading would be nice... :_|

16. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Kagi. Stab in the dark.

Raptor517

17. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    kool :) Keep up the good work :D

18. wee_jedi

wee_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004

Am Enjoying this story - good stuff :)

19. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I plan to update this very soon.

This chapter is going to be very long and I assure you worth the wait

20. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Excellent news Milteck. I'm looking forward to it.

21. JediCam-Ron

JediCam-Ron Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2007
    Likewise... I love this thread

22. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    The Answer was A

23. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Force_chick Thank you for your update. Anakin is very arrogent, cocky, and has much to learn.

silsolo I think the next update is the one everyone is waiting for. Thanks for your feedback.

megacrafter2 Am glad you enjoyed the update. I also hope Yoda will make it, because it is doubtful Anakin can be saved without him.
    You were also correct on the trivia question.

darth_kripp thanks for your feedback. Am sorry you didn't enjoy the update as much as the others and hope you'll enjoy the last two updates that will conclude the story. Birth of an Empire will be next.

Raptor Nope, the answer is A

wee_jedi Thanks for your feedback and am glad you've enjoyed the story. There is only two more updates and then will begin to start posting the sequel: Birth of an Empire.

darth_nellie & Jedicam-ron thanks for your patience. Will be posting this update tomorrow.

24. corman007

corman007 Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2008
    Up please this is one of the best...

25. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Corman007 Ask and you shall recieve. I had to work last night unexpectedly and also wanted to go through it one more time before I posted it.

26. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Thank you all for your patience. This is a very long update, so hope you enjoy imho the most important part of the story that decides Anakin's fate. I hope you all enjoy.

The tension in the council chamber thickened with each minute that passed. It was becoming more than just speculation that Yoda was not present in the temple and that Master Windu was stalling for time. As appointed Councilor to act in Yoda?s absence, Master Windu had some leeway with protocol that allowed him to stretch it to his advantage. But he could not ignore protocol completely and inevitably he would have to call the session to order ? with or without Yoda.

Ten minutes passed.

The chamber was quiet and foreboding, as each member of the council contemplated the future of the Jedi Order. Only the methodical tapping from the fingers of Master Ki-Adi?s artificial hand against the arm of his chair added to the growing impatience from the council for the session to begin. It was all but clear that Master Ki-Adi opposed abolishing any aspect of the Jedi Code and would bitterly fight to uphold those principles. In his eyes; Anakin was both a hero and a traitor ? guilty of breaking the Jedi Code and must resign from the Order. If Anakin refused to do so, then he would have no qualms about forcing him out.

The two senior members of the Council kept their eyes locked on each other as they prepared for battle to come. It was certain to be slugfest between them; with Master Windu strongly advocating for change and Master Ki-Adi leading the opposition. Their different perspectives was why it was so crucial that Yoda be there to be the balancing factor that would bind the two Jedi Masters together and keep dissension at bay as the rest of the council unified together for this change. Without Yoda?s influence; this motion wouldn?t stand a chance.

The pressure was intense on Master Windu to start the session, but he didn?t show it and certainly wasn?t going to bow to any pressure from Master Ki-Adi to get on with it until he was ready to do so. Ideally; Master Windu hoped that any minute now Yoda would walk through those doors and start the session himself. Everything was set and ready to go, with everyone ready to consider a motion that would have radical implications to how Jedi lived their lives. Master Windu had done his job to prepare the session to begin, and now prayed that he wouldn?t be the one who would have to do so.

Master Windu also knew that the Council would wait for Yoda. They would give the old Jedi Master a grace period not just because of his position or old age, but because of his bad hip that limited his mobility. Even with his hover chair; the Jedi Master was still limited because of his disability due to the chair unable to function faster than he could actually walk. There was also the fact that he despised using the thing because it truly made him feel like a cripple every time he had to use it. He?d rather just use the cane and deal with a little extra pain every time he moved, than admit to his weakness by using the chair. Master Windu hoped he?d at least be sensible this time and just use the kriffing chair to get here. Let him worry about what people might think, for all that really mattered is that he be here to facilitate this change.

There was also the grim possibility that he?d been exhausted from battle, which Master Windu feared might be the real reason he was so late. The Jedi Master was so old that it was not uncommon for his body to fail him unexpectedly if he overextended himself and his collapse during the battle for the Main Hall made him wary of that possibility. The truth was simply that the Grand Master was nearly nine-hundred years old and his age was finally catching up with him ? limiting him for the first time in his adult time. The Clone Wars had taxed him far more than he?d let on and his failure to stop Dooku at Geonosis only demonstrated how far his abilities had declined. The incident in the Great Hall wasn?t the first time he?d collapsed fro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.