main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dawn of a New Age:An AU of ROTS- updated 12/29 with Birth of an Empire Preview

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Why did Darth Sidious send Darth Maul to kill Neimodian Hath Monchar prior to the Battle of Naboo?

A. He stole the designs to build battle droids
    B. He had discovered Darth Sidious' true identity
    C. He was threatening to assinate Nute Gunray
    D. He fled the Trade Federation with information on Darth Sidious' invasion plans

The Answer is D

2. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Wee_Jedi Thanks for the Feedback. I did enjoy writing part 5, though honestly can't say for sure if it was my favorite part of the update. Qui-Gon's presence was the climax and am glad you enjoyed his addition.

Darth_Kripp Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your feedback every update and have used your feedback as I've continued the story. Birth of an Empire is next and am glad you are looking forward to it.

Vaderlvr64 Thanks for your feedback and am glad you enjoyed the update.

Darth_Nellie Am glad you think the update was worth the wait. Qui-Gon's intervention was devine and honestly hadn't thought of it that way until I read your feedback. I am also concerned about Master Windu because his arrogance could be his undoing, that could potentially lead to the dark side. Though also remember he is a very disciplined Jedi master, loyal, and committed to the Jedi Order. Lets hope he doesn't turn into another Dooku.

Darth_sidious_1983

The culprit is the new Sith Apprentice...

[face_not_talking]

You'll have to read on to find out.

Raptor517 Very true. I will admit that Whie's vision bit did inspire the accident.

Force_Chick Thanks for your feedback. Am glad you found the update was worth the wait and that it was honorable enough to read a second time.

Yoda-I_am Thanks for following the story. I will include you in the PM list since you requested, though am unsure if will create a new post for the sequal or just add it to this one to keep it going. I will be creating a new PM list for Birth either way and am glad you'll still be apart of it.

3. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Here is the final chapter of Dawn. Thank you all for reading

Jedi Temple-Meditation Chamber

Master Windu entered the meditation chamber to find Anakin and Yoda were already there, waiting on him.

?Trouble, Master Windu?? Yoda asked softly.

?I was detained,? Master Windu replied defensively as he took his seat on the meditation cushion next to Yoda.

After feeling rejected by Barriss, he had taken the stairs instead of the turbolift to climb the spire back to the top level where Yoda?s private meditation chamber beckoned him. He toiled over what he?d done wrong and what he could?ve done differently to prove to Barriss that he loved her, but was unable to figure it out. There was still a connection between them and it was hard to believe she didn?t feel the same way.

Perhaps he had frightened her by moving too quickly?

But deep down he knew the truth was his refusal to resign for her that created a rift between them. He could have done it, but like Obi-Wan before him he chose to remain loyal to his oath and not break it like the others had threatened to do. He believed it was only acceptable to seek out a relationship with Barriss only when it was permissible for him to do so. However; the feelings between them had developed long before that and not to act on them during the council session was unforgivable to her. He had chosen his position over her and he would have to live with that.

Perhaps someday she would be able to forgive him and they could try again.

But he didn?t count on it. Their relationship was now over before it really ever began and would have to move on with his life without her. The only problem was that was he really didn?t want to.

?Master Windu, are you alright?? Anakin asked him.

He snapped back to attention, realizing his infatuation with Barriss had distracted him from his duties. He immediately put her out of his mind and focused on the task at hand.

?Yes, what?? he asked abruptly.

?You?ve been staring at your feet for the last five minutes,? Anakin pointed out. ?What?s wrong??

?Sorry, I had to deal with an issue before I came here that was troubling me,? Master Windu told him. ?There was an accident among the Padawans during the battle and one of them got stabbed in the back by a lightsaber.?

?How did that happen?? Anakin asked dumbfounded. To misuse a lightsaber was inexcusable under any circumstances and the offending Padawan would surely find themselves on a one way trip to the Agri-Corps once Master Windu learned who was responsible.

May the Force help them!

?Carelessness,? Master Windu answered. ?And a lack of training that caused the accident.?

?My thoughts exactly,? Yoda commented on the situation. ?Unfortunate it is, a Padawan was hurt, but prevent it from happening again we will through training.?

Master Windu nodded in agreement.

?I discussed with Barriss the need to get the Trials for the younglings started again, as well as finding appropriate masters for those ready to be trained,? Master Windu revealed to them. ?We must prioritize making that an issue during the next council session.?

?We will after the matter of Quinlan Vos is decided,? Anakin told him. ?We must save him from the dark side.?

Master Windu was not used to having policy dictated to him, but turned to Yoda to see him nod in approval and now understood that Anakin had petitioned Yoda to make Quinlan Vos their chief priority on Aayla Secura?s behalf. He simply smiled and accepted it. He had no objection to finding Vos or making it such a high priority, considering the grim possibility that he?d turned dark and with Sidious out there it was crucial they find him before he does.

?We must first look to our own,? Yoda agreed full heartedly. ?We must resume training on all levels, starting with you Anakin.?

?Me?? Anakin asked confused. ?I thought my training was complete.?

?Your traditional training is,? Master Windu told him. ?We are talking about advanced instruction that will complete your training. Only then

4. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Starship Avenger ? Conference room

Defeat hung in the air like rotten eggs, stinking up the moral and fighting spirit of the men who made up Darth Sidious? new Empire. They?d gone to Coruscant expecting to seize back an empire in a colossal victory that instead turned into an embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Jedi, who easily defeated their ground forces. Not a single shot fired from any vessel in the fleet, and when news of the defections made by Admiral Hanson and his four ships back to the Republic resulted in genuine resentment by the fleet officers that they?d made the wrong choice by following Sidious? banner. But the only thing that held them together was the knowledge that they?d all made their choice and there was no turning back ? with only a traitor?s death waiting for any who failed to serve Darth Sidious? will properly.

The entire fleet was under lockdown with a contingent of Crimson Guard of each ship who ensured that each of the ships remained loyal to their new emperor. Despite Admiral Hanson?s escape, word had spread that one of his ships had self-destructed and the clone troopers mutinied against their commanders who?d turned traitor. With clones in control of every sensitive area of the ship and also making up more than 70% of the crew complement, the ships captains were now grimly aware of what their fate would be if they mutinied against the empire. Other terror tactics were also used by the Emperor?s agents to ensure that every ranked officer felt like their movements and activities were being watched. Sidious increased their paranoia by ordering one random officer from each ship shot for insubordination and treason ? regardless if whether they were actually guilty of conspiring against the emperor or not. The victims were not even granted the courtesy of being read their rights before being shot. Sidious ordered them to be killed at their stations in full view of their insubordinates, which ensured they would think twice before betraying their own oaths to the empire. Others could not believe that their fellow officer had conspired against the emperor which resulted in officers becoming paranoid, unable to trust the officers around them, and fueled the belief that traitors were in their midst. Every officer feared that a purge would be coming, which Sidious knew would be final instrument in determining who were the traitors really were and who could be trusted to continue to serve him.

Any path that led to disloyalty among his officers would only be rewarded with death. Any officer who failed to carry out their duty would be dismissed and replaced with a clone capable of efficiently carrying out their duties. That fear alone seemed to scare the officers into submission because no one wanted to lose their job to a clone or serve them. Fleet officers were cocky, flamboyant men and Darth Sidious used that to his advantage by exploiting their vanity to keep them loyal to him. It was even worse among the fighter jocks who Darth Sidous now believed would fly through an asteroid field and back if he asked them to. They were incensed that they were excluded entirely from the Battle of Coruscant and now all wore jet black flight suits to mourn the loss. They vowed to wear them until the Republic was toppled and Sidious was eager to give them an opportunity to wreak havoc upon the Republic.

They pilots all rallied behind a squadron leader whose call sign was the Baron, who claimed he was better than Skywalker and would single handedly destroy the Republic. This Baron Fel intrigued Sidious, for either he was very brave or very stupid to test his flying skills against Skywalker in battle. The greatest pilot in the galaxy was Skywalker and only a fool would dispute that. But at the same time, Sidious applauded the Baron?s ego and would grant him the opportunity to testing his skills against Skywalker soon enough. It all fit into his new system of only awarding success and victory. If Baron succeeded in destroying Skywalker he would become a legend and Sidious would s

5. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Jedi Temple ? Quarters of Master Kenobi

Master Kenobi returned to his quarters in a state of bliss, achieving inner peace after successfully keeping Anakin a part of the Order and giving him the opportunity to bring balance to the Force. Master Kenobi?s quarters were frugal in nature and contained only contained a bed, small wash room, facilities, dresser, desk, a work bench where he could make/clean lightsabers, and a large ornate circular mirror he had picked up on Naboo as a gift from Padme for his part in restoring her to power. The mirror looked out of place in his simple room, for it had once graced Padme?s royal estates and was ornately decorated with gold, jewels, and a sapphire frame that easily made it worth more than all the rest of his possessions put together. It was the prized piece in the sun collection; made to commemorate Padme?s rule and she gave it to him as a gesture to commemorate him as a hero of her world, and would never fall to tyranny again as long as he lived to protect it. That honor now fell to Anakin now that he was her husband, but Obi-Wan was still honor bound to defend Naboo and would always rise like the sun to watch over it until his last sunrise.

The only other decorations that were hung on his walls was the clone division flag given to him by Cody by his bed and the plaque that his new Padawan had hung for him by his desk. Obi-Wan turned to his dresser, were on top of it sat two framed pictures with Anakin taken shortly after he had become a Jedi Master and the picture had been taken ceremoniously in his robes with Anakin while he was still a Padawan. The other was in front of capital building on Naboo where it had pictured most of the Jedi Masters ? including many whom were no longer alive. Also in the photo was Padme, the Gungan chief, and Anakin as a young Padawan whose expression of uncertainty about his future was visibly evident. He picked it up and looked upon it and stated to himself, ?We certainly have come a long way haven?t we.?

?You certainly have Obi-Wan.? The voice of Qui-Gon replied.

Obi-Wan was startled by the ghostly appearance in his room, but once he realized it was Qui-Gon he was able to calm down to face him. His mentor stood before him in front of his bed, well aware that this was once his room and its frugal nature resembled the way Qui-Gon had left it. He glanced at the elaborate mirror shaped like a sun that covered most of the west wall and grinned, ?Nice mirror, it appears your tastes have improved and own an artifact that Dooku would have relished over.?

?It was a gift.?

Qui-Gon read the Nabooian inscription on the base of the air and translated it.

?The sun king?? Qui-Gon read out aloud. ?Clearly your vanity has also improved.?

?I should really give the mirror to Anakin as a wedding gift,? Obi-Wan told him. ?He is the Sun King now.?

?Don?t be too sure?? Qui-Gon gestured to him. ?You are still the guiding light in his life and will need to watch over him during the dark days ahead.?

?I thought you had gone?? Obi-Wan told him, changing the subject. He sat back down the photo and gave Qui-Gon his full attention.

?I wasn?t about to leave without saying goodbye and personally thanking you for how you trained Anakin,? Qui-Gon expressed thankfully. He knew that Anakin would never have achieved his full potential if Obi-Wan hadn?t trained him and shared in the success the Chosen One now enjoyed for fulfilling the prophecy. Qui-Gon understood that if Obi-Wan had failed to train him, Anakin would never have become a Jedi.

?You do not need to thank me for that,? Obi-Wan replied to him frankly. It was his obligation to fulfill Qui-Gon?s final request and would never have dishonored him by refusing to do it.

?I think I do,? Qui-Gon told him. ?I know how hard it must have been to train Anakin; considering how arrogant and even disrespectful to you at times he was. What Anakin has become can be directly attributed to how you trained and raised
    him.?

Obi-Wan smiled as it had been challenging from the b

6. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Anakins_kiss
    Avooc
    Daramin_of_the_way
    darth_drachonus
    Darth_kripp
    darthpandemonium
    darth_sidious_1983
    egkenobi
    EwokNoelle
    Flipside82
    Force_chick
    Hewes
    Jedicam-ron
    Jediknight_mat
    Jedimaster_jen
    Jedimasterjessica
    Jedi_riches
    Kevin_solo
    Lordpullus
    Megacrafter2
    Moangel
    Ocelotl_Nesto
    Raptor517
    RuneEisahn
    Silsolo
    Spyman290
    Talon_Kenobi
    the_slilent_one
    Ultima_1
    Vaderlvr64
    wee_jedi
    Yoda-I_AM

7. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Who did Han Solo accidently hit with a vibro-ax and send careening into the open break of the sarlacc?

A. Bossk
    B. Aurra Sing
    C. Boba Fett
    D. Sy Snootles

8. megacrafter2

megacrafter2 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    Like always: a great chapter and a great ending.
    I hope there is still, well hope, for Master Windu and master barris's relationship.
    what was the poster of ani that the council objected to?

Ah a trick question
    I know boba was hit in the jetpack and went careening in, but thats cus he was shot.
    bossk, well Leia stole his armor so its not him
    Aurra sing, I don't think she was there and woulda probably used her presudo-jedi skills to avoid it.
    so through a process of elimination that leaves
    D) Sy Snootles

9. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Boba Fett :)

Excellent update Milteck :)

Keep me on the PM for the sequel :)

EG

10. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    Another excellent update. I like Zett. He reminds me of Anakin. I'm looking forward to the sequel. Please keep me on the PM list when you start the next one.

11. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?!?! Where?!?! -hits Boba Fett with axe, sends him careening into the sand barge of Jabba then into the Sarlac's mouth-

Keep me on the list for the sequel please

12. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Anakin's eagerness to be taught the hidden ways of the Force seems a bit lustful to me. He hasn't abandoned the Dark Side fully. [face_devil]
    Poor Sidious, he's in quite a predicament. With Exar Kun to torment him and no apprentice to do his dirty work, I don't think he can last very long against a very powerful and very new Jedi order.
    As for Obi-Wan and his padawan, they'll have quite some work to do.

Excellent story, though the battle in the Temple was a bit too long for my absolute liking. Congratulations nonetheless! [face_smile] :) Please PM me when you post the sequel.

13. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Great story. It was an awesome read. Why do I have a feeling that Zet might be the next Sith Lord? Give me a PM when the next story starts! Again great story

14. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    I love your creativeness and your writing style, although this last chapter had lots of grammar and spelling mistakes. Do you have a different beta-reader maybe? Anywho, please pm me with the sequel. I look forward to it.

15. wee_jedi

wee_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004

Wow - its been quite the read eh! =D= Sith in the temple I might have to re read some older chapters now. The Sith will need to evolve again aswell to be of any match to the Jedi.

Keep us informed Milteck, cheers Wee_Jedi

16. Darth_Sidious_1983

Darth_Sidious_1983 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Whoever did the stabbings a couple of chapters earlier is that future Sith (I guess I was wrong only in the timing, considering an active insider and not a prospect).

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    still alive....

18. JediCam-Ron

JediCam-Ron Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2007
    Excellent story...what wonderful read. Bravo.
    =D=

19. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    i have been off the boards for a long time... glad to see this in my PM... fun story. it stated the end... is there a sequel?

20. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    I second the question. I have enjoyed the this story a whole lot, and am glad Milteck saw it through.
    Good work!

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! I was thrilled to see your PM and this certainly didn't let me down.

Bravo! =D=

22. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I am sorry for the long delay, but Birth of the Empire is now ready to be posted.

I will begin posting the second installment in Jan.2010.

Thanks

Dale

23. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Wow. Just WOW!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Definitely one of the few authors who understand the word EPIC!!!!!!!

24. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Here is the teaser for the upcoming Birth of an Empire.

I can only promise that this sequal will continue to build on the AU created by Dawn of a New Age where Anakin has brought balance to the Force as a Jedi. In addition to all the changes in the Jedi Order, there will be epic battles fought, trials faced, and an adventure that will take you well beyond what could have happened if Anakin had not turned into Darth Vader. The entire focus has always been about Anakin Skywalker and he will remain the pivital figure in this drama.

Personally for me, this is my Empire Strikes Back and expect to see Palpatine, Thrawn, and Tarkin return with a vengeance, along with a few other surprise characters who will add to the suspense.

Thank you and I hope you will enjoy reading this AU as much as I will enjoy writing it.

D.M.

25. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    The Republic is reborn.

The war is officially over with the Separatists and the most powerful factions, most notably the Trade Federation, have agreed to terms of peace to rejoin the Republic under the Treaty of Alderaan. Using his supreme powers, Chancellor Organa has formally recognized the reconciliation with the Republic and has issued a blanket pardon that effectively forgives any war crime carried out by the Separatists factions during the civil war. Though widely unpopular, it is the price the Republic must pay for peace. The Chancellor now actively advocates that the Senate ratify the Treaty of Alderaan that will formerly end the Clone War and re-affirm the Separatist factions back into the Republic. There are hard feelings on both sides that will make this reunification the first major test of Chancellor Organa?s leadership.

The treaty also reaffirms the unity of the Republic against the newest threat to its survival: the Sith. Though it is now revealed that it was a Sith responsible for orchestrating the Clone War, it is hard for the Senate to accept or to come to terms with the resurrection of Darth Sidious, both as their fallen leader in the guise of Chancellor Palpatine and as the diabolical sith lord bent on destroying the Republic. Despite his failure to destroy the Jedi Order, the sith lord?s newly forged Galactic Empire now poses a dire threat to the Republic that threatens to plunge the
    galaxy into another full scale war and must be stopped at all costs.

Meanwhile; Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker has fulfilled the prophecy of the chosen one and brought balance to the Force. He has become the embodiment of what all Jedi should strive to become and strive to be. By bringing balance to the Force, it has allowed the Jedi council to change the code to allow attachments and no longer forsake the love of others. Using Skywalker to personify this new era, the Jedi Order now debates to what extent the code will be changed and how the New Jedi Order will be forged. Grandmaster Yoda oversees this transition, with the Jedi Council backing these radical changes to the code while also preparing for a new war with the Sith.

Yet even Yoda knows that the trial of the chosen one is far from over and only just beginning. This new war with the Sith will determine whether the forces of light or darkness will reign supreme; Yoda knows that Anakin Skywalker will be the pivotal figure in deciding who will rise and who will fall. Only time will tell if he can truly become the Chosen One that will lead the New Jedi Order fully into balance and become the unifying Force that destroys the Sith once and for all?.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.