main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dawn of a New Age:An AU of ROTS- updated 12/29 with Birth of an Empire Preview

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Obi-Wan21 wrote

I really do love this story. How you convey each of the characters is true to the spirit of the films, and this outcome actually seems plausible. I give you so much credit because, honestly, AU ROTS stories are all over the place. They've become redundant, and mostly feel so out of character to the truth of Anakin and his fears, and the actions of those around him, namely Obi-Wan, Padme, Palpatine even. But you get the idea.

You certainly have captured these characters, and the emotion is there. Especially in Anakin, who so many seem to have a hard time bring out the fact that he COULD be good. Which I give you props for. Nice story, it has me hooked.

You can add me to the PM List if you don't mind, I really don't want to miss out on the story.

Thank you for the kind words

I agree with you that the AU ROTS stories are all over the place and am very happy you decided to take a chance with mine. I did a lot of research for this story and wrote it based on what could have happened if Anakin had not turned. Anakin was a good person and it was because of his fears for Padme, dark secrets, and combined with the pressure placed upon him as the Chosen One to excel as a Jedi. He was manipulated by Darth Sidious from the beginning and his mistrust in Mace Windu sealed his fate to become Darth Vader.

I will gladly add you to my pm list

Milteck

2. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    cool fic u have here, i await more.

3. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Will add you to pm list Silent_One

D.M.

4. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I will update this tomorrow

Milteck

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I?ve never been a big fan of Ysanne Isard, basically because of her nickname ?Iceheart? but she is a cool character and having her in the mix is always interesting. And after what Sidious did to her, I do feel a little sorry for the woman. Not much but a little.

Amazing update.

6. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    star_Angel wrote:

I?ve never been a big fan of Ysanne Isard, basically because of her nickname ?Iceheart? but she is a cool character and having her in the mix is always interesting. And after what Sidious did to her, I do feel a little sorry for the woman. Not much but a little.

Amazing update.

Sidious did take advantage of her to some degree, but she also allowed herself to be taken advantage for her own sinister reasons.

Milteck

7. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Jade
    Darth Sidious believed strongly that he was the greatest Sith to ever take on the faith and was truly devout to its principles. He allowed himself to be consumed with the dark ambitions of lust for power and hatred of the Jedi. His knowledge of the dark side combined with his aristocratic heritage and political zeal made him a truly formidable Sith lord.

However, he did not allow himself to forget about one universal Sith teaching handed down by one of the greatest Sith Lords Darth Bane, who believed a Sith could only have one apprentice. He understood the danger to the master to have more then one apprentice, who could expose his order to the Jedi or cooperate together to attempt to destroy their master. Palpatine understood his final right of passage to Sith Lord by slaying his former master Darth Plagues the Wise to become the true master of the Sith. It was the final test for a Sith to prove they were worthy to be mentioned in the legacy of Sith Lords.

Palpatine knew that it was a natural dark ambition for lust of power of the Sith to rise up against their master. It was Darth Maul?s one short coming as a Sith apprentice, that he would not try to destroy him that made him weak in Palpatine?s eyes. Even his second apprentice Lord Tyranus lacked that dark ambition as he viewed himself as a powerful Sith lord and soldier of the cause. Perhaps it was the true nature of Anakin Skywalker that drew Palpatine to him like a moth to the flame and try to lure him to dark side as he was convinced that he had the potential to become greater then even himself. It was that failure that had truly doomed him. Had he succeeded, Anakin would have saved him from being slaughtered by the Jedi and Sidious would then have possessed a true apprentice worthy of being Sith. Together they could have then proceeded to destroy the Jedi Order and rule the galaxy together for thousands of years. Anakin had made his choice and the betrayal would be all Darth Sidious would ever need to fuel his dark desire to destroy the Republic and most importantly the Jedi Order.

Palpatine may have believed in having just one apprentice, but that did not exclude him from using dark assassins gifted in the force as mercenaries. He had attempted to use one named Asajj Ventress to attempt to destroy Anakin Skywalker while he was still padawan. Though she had failed to destroy him, it did bring to him the knowledge that Anakin was a young man full of ambition, fear, and anger. It was a combination that when he used in fighting made him nearly invincible as he could defeat any opponent regardless of skill level. Darth Tyranus had even recognized these traits of the young Jedi when he dueled him on Geonosis and though had soundly defeated him could see Skywalker?s potential in the Sith.

Darth Sidious opened back the communications line and opened them with a woman who he discovered out in the outer rim that possessed knowledge of the force. He had discovered Xio Jade and her entire family living in a state of poverty and when Darth Sidious approached the middle aged woman, she eagerly accepted his offer to train her in the dark arts on Coruscant in exchange for her family being taken care of. Darth Sidious was also stunned to find that all the red haired women in her family seemed to all share the same gift as they could all feel and wield the force. He did not actually take her on as a full fledged apprentice as he simply taught her enough to survive; never developing her talents to the extent he had with Darth Maul or Darth Tyranus. Xio Jade was clearly not a match for a Jedi, but he had used her for assassination missions against senators and other figures who had posed a threat to his plans. He soon found she was a very effective killer and would now call upon her skills once again as his Hand to serve him yet again.

The communications line continued to buzz and Darth Sidious was beginning to grow impatient as he did not like being on hold for this long. He did have to consider that perhaps she had gone dark upon h

8. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Great update, and Exar Kun is back (almost) in business. I always loved that character. lol. And the Jade family is it? Loved that nod. But no Mara? I guess she would be pretty young at this time, unless you threw that out the window. lol

Overall it was a great step forward, but I must say, I miss Obi-Wan and the Jedi, though I clearly understand the reasons, I just miss Obi-Wan.

9. The_Slilent_One

Sep 19, 2004
    is it just me or is Exar Kun like the flu, every time u think u've dealt with it for the last time it comes back to haunt come winter time.

Great Up i await more.

10. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Exar Kun, what a surprise indeed! :D Perhaps Lord Sidious should reconsider his plans. Destroying Exar Kun would be, in my opinion, his first priority, so he can become the true master of the Sith.

11. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Exar Kun, What a surprise! That was a wonderful chapter

12. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Palpatine and his ideas?

Great new update Milteck and thanks for the pm.

13. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Obi-Wan21 wrote:

Great update, and Exar Kun is back (almost) in business. I always loved that character. lol. And the Jade family is it? Loved that nod. But no Mara? I guess she would be pretty young at this time, unless you threw that out the window. lol

Overall it was a great step forward, but I must say, I miss Obi-Wan and the Jedi, though I clearly understand the reasons, I just miss Obi-Wan.

I am glad you enjoyed the introduction of Exar Kun into this story as he becomes Darth Sidious's tormentor. Xio Jade is the mother of Mara Jade, I wanted to use that character to set up the ground work for in a future story adding Mara.

Obi-Wan will be coming soon enough:) The next chapters will be Jedi chapters

Milteck

14. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Interesting. A three-way battle: Exar Kun, Sid and Maul, and the Republic. This is bound to have a lot of [face_beatup] and 8-}. Thanks for the PM!

Raptor517

15. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    The_Silent_One

is it just me or is Exar Kun like the flu, every time u think u've dealt with it for the last time it comes back to haunt come winter time.

Great Up i await more.

Exar Kun will never die!!!!

At least not in my star wars universe:)

D.M.

16. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Darth_Kripp wrote:

Exar Kun, what a surprise indeed! Perhaps Lord Sidious should reconsider his plans. Destroying Exar Kun would be, in my opinion, his first priority, so he can become the true master of the Sith.

There is too much involved in destroying Exar Kun and one of his primary reasons for building the Death Star was to have a weapon that could destroy Yavin 4, thus destroying Exar Kun for all time. At the moment, Exar Kun is more then a pest then a threat and Darth Sidious is not allowing his presence from altering his plans.

Milteck

17. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    JedimasterJessica and Star_angel

Glad you both enjoyed the updated and the twist at the end.

Milteck

18. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Raptor517

Interesting. A three-way battle: Exar Kun, Sid and Maul, and the Republic. This is bound to have a lot of [face_tired] and [face_raised_brow . Thanks for the PM!

Yes the Sith are amassing for revenge against the Sith and the Republic. A massive battle is in the works [face_dancing]

Milteck

19. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Its a good think I know who Exar Kun is. He certainly just won't die. He has a way of popping up and ruining everything.

20. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    WBJK wrote:

Its a good think I know who Exar Kun is. He certainly just won't die. He has a way of popping up and ruining everything.

Yep, Exar Kun has certainly thrown a monkey wrench in Darth Sidious's plans

D.M.

21. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Coruscant-Estate of Senator Amidala

Anakin tossed and turned in the bed as what he was currently seeing in his dream was not pleasant. It had started in better times when he was a younger man receiving guidance from Chancellor Palpatine in his office in Coruscant. He had gone to Palpatine for advice and he had encouraged him to push hard to excel within the Jedi Order and to make himself indispensable to the Republic. He also encouraged young Anakin to open himself up to the feelings he held back and to always do what his heart told him was right. He believed that if Anakin truly opened himself up to his true nature, then there was nothing out there that could stand in the way of his dreams.

The voice of Palpatine then continued as with a stern tone he explained to him, ?The path that the force will guide you on will not be easy or understood by those around you in the Jedi order. Jedi should not have to be forced to make the choices you have made.? The scenery then changed back to when he was on Tatooine as a young boy as he left with Qui-Gon to join the Jedi order. The image of his mother stood somberly as she waved good bye to him and her image began to fade as he was taken further and further away.

?Mom.? He cried out in his sleep as he turned back over unaware that he was dreaming.

The voice of Palpatine then returned as it whispered to him, ?You must make those pay that have hurt the ones you love.? He then found himself back in the Tuskan raider camp, but it was not when he had come to rescue his mother, but appeared to be a much earlier time when he first started having the dreams about her. The Tuskans were all celebrating something around a blazing camp fire and Anakin tried to understand what it was they were doing. Then he saw it and felt himself consumed with anger as he viewed his mom being dragged away from the camp fire with her hands bound by robe with a single Tuskan pulling her along. His eyes widened as he saw him take her unwillingly into his tent and with all the voice of his lungs shouted for him to stop.

He now understood what was happening as it was a marriage ceremony and that his mother had been forcibly married to that Tuskan. He did not have to imagine what was about to go on inside the tent and was horrified by what was about to be done. However, something happened that was unexpected as he heard what sounded like a Tuskan howling in pain followed shortly by the flap of the tent being torn open. His mother scurried out covered with blood over her dress and down her arm. Anakin first thought the Tuskan had hurt her but she was holding a knife and he understood that she had used it to defend herself.

The Tuskans around the camp fire had noticed the disturbance and began to slowly approach her holding their weapons. Many with Tuskans with riffles were aiming them at her while others with their traditional clubs begin to slowly stalk towards her. There was no chance for her escape as there were too many but she held out her knife threatening to stab any whom tried to touch her.

Anakin cried out again for his mom trying to run and tried to assist her, but found himself unable to move as the Tuskans continued to move toward her. One had moved around to her left and snuck up behind her, striking her against the back of her head with his club. She cried out in pain as she collapsed to the ground and the Tuskans dragged her unconscious body back towards the tent where he had found her during his rescue attempt.

Then the scenery changed once again and he found himself standing in front of the tent with his lightsaber ignited. He cut through the tent just as he had before to find his mother close to death. It had been clear to him when he had found her the first time that the Tuskans had tortured her but his dream revealed to him that due to their customs, they had not given her food or drink until she agreed to marry one of them. His mother?s strength did not go unnoticed to him this time as she had always been strong during their time of bondage

22. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Interesting dream. I suppose however that it doesn't mean what Anakin believes. Always in motion is the future.

23. IsithTorin_DarkJedi

IsithTorin_DarkJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, so this is my first post. I really like your story. I was recently searching for fan fics when i found yours. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you have more surprises in store. :)

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update. Exar Kun is a great character from the EU, glad to see him show up in a fic. :p

Palpatine may have believed in having just one apprentice, but that did not exclude him from using dark assassins gifted in the force as mercenaries. He had attempted to use one named Asajj Ventress to attempt to destroy Anakin Skywalker while he was still padawan. Though she had failed to destroy him, it did bring to him the knowledge that Anakin was a young man full of ambition, fear, and anger. It was a combination that when he used in fighting made him nearly invincible as he could defeat any opponent regardless of skill level. Darth Tyranus had even recognized these traits of the young Jedi when he dueled him on Geonosis and though had soundly defeated him could see Skywalker?s potential in the Sith.

Nice! =D=

25. The_Slilent_One

Sep 19, 2004
    eagerly awaiting the interpretation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.