main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dawn of a New Age:An AU of ROTS- updated 12/29 with Birth of an Empire Preview

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Darth Kripp Wrote:

Interesting dream. I suppose however that it doesn't mean what Anakin believes. Always in motion is the future.

There is more to the dream then what has been revealed....

Glad you enjoyed the update :)

Milteck

2. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Well I am off to go meet Timothy Zahn :)

I am staying a hotel that has internet access so should still be able to go online and post.

But if not, will be back on Friday and Update Dawn then.

Milteck

3. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    ISithTorin Wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so this is my first post. I really like your story. I was recently searching for fan fics when i found yours. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you have more surprises in store.

Welcome to the TFN

I am very happy you chose my story to be your first post and there are many great stories here to read.
    I will add you to my pm list for all future updates.

Milteck

4. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Man, every time you post I wonder what going to happen next. Thanks for the PM!

Raptor517

5. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Great update. Exar Kun is a great character from the EU, glad to see him show up in a fic.

Palpatine may have believed in having just one apprentice, but that did not exclude him from using dark assassins gifted in the force as mercenaries. He had attempted to use one named Asajj Ventress to attempt to destroy Anakin Skywalker while he was still padawan. Though she had failed to destroy him, it did bring to him the knowledge that Anakin was a young man full of ambition, fear, and anger. It was a combination that when he used in fighting made him nearly invincible as he could defeat any opponent regardless of skill level. Darth Tyranus had even recognized these traits of the young Jedi when he dueled him on Geonosis and though had soundly defeated him could see Skywalker?s potential in the Sith.

Nice!

Glad you enjoyed VaderLVR64

Palpatine using Dark Assassains and Bounty Hunters will be more emphasized as this Saga continues

Milteck

6. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Another amazing update. I hope that Anakin will be able to get over his dreams and move on.

7. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    The_Silent_One wrote:

eagerly awaiting the interpretation

Hard to see, the future is.....

Milteck

8. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Man, every time you post I wonder what going to happen next. Thanks for the PM!

Raptor517

Glad you are enjoying the suspense:)

Milteck

9. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    star_angel wrote:

Another amazing update. I hope that Anakin will be able to get over his dreams and move on.

:D :D :D :D

I am sure he will

Milteck

10. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Jedi Temple-Meditation Room

Master Yoda was in a state of deep meditation and for the first time sense before the Clone Wars had begun, he was beginning to foresee visions of the future. It had been a closely guarded secret within the Council that the ability for the masters to use the force to foresee the future had diminished considerably. They had not been able to see the formation of the Clone army or even the true identity of the Sith Lord being Palpatine, who in the end was discovered to be the cause of it all.

It had alarmed Master Yoda the most, as the Jedi had always relied on this sixth sense to help them maintain the Republic and spearhead any threat to it before it could pose as a threat. Master Yoda concluded that it had been the presence of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious that had been the cause for this disruption and that somehow he had used his dark powers to disrupt this ability of the Jedi. But Yoda did not find the experience to be as dire as he had initially thought, as the Jedi?s confidence in their actions at the beginning of the Clone Wars was very shaky as they made decisions based on their intuitions and skill as leaders. Jedi like Master Windu and Kenobi were two such leaders who relied on abilities beyond the force to gain victory after victory against the Separatists. By the end of the Clone Wars, the Jedi Order had completely evolved to not rely on what they foresaw and had begun to lead the Republic to victory against the Separatists as they pinned them in the outer rim and had taken out much of their strength. The deaths of General Grievous, Count Dooku, and then finally Darth Sidious resulted in victory for the Republic and the restoration of the Republic?s ideals as they make peace with the Separatists.

Yoda, however, was not liking what he was seeing as all around him he was surrounded by flames and clone soldiers dressed in black armor all holding lightsabers. These clones were attacking and slaying Jedi all around him while he used his exceptional knowledge of the force to fight back. However, it was not enough as he looked back in time to see a dark red blade streaking down toward him and was unable to block it.

He cried out as he awakened from his trance and found that he was sweating from what he had just witnessed. Whatever had just taken place was a vision of the future and Yoda understood that this foretold not just his death, but the destruction of the Jedi Order. Whatever still lurked out there still posed a substantial threat to not only himself but the entire Jedi order. Yoda used the force to pick up his wooden cane and held it with both of his hands as he squeezed it tightly. The doors to the meditation room opened as Master Windu entered looking completely exhausted. He was completely drenched with sweat as there were obvious signs of perspiration showing through his thick Jedi robes and he was breathing hard like he had just sprinted for miles.

?Master Yoda, everyone in the order in some shape or form is having nightmares tonight.? Mace Windu collapsed down on the meditation rug and waited for Yoda?s response.

?A bad vision I too have had.? Yoda jumped down from his meditation platform and slowly walked Master Windu, ?Greatly alarming these visions are. Know what to do about them, I do not.?

Master Windu had recomposed himself as his face looked as if it were in great pain as he nodded in confirmation of the wise Jedi Master. There were the sounds of running coming down the corridor and as it got closer Yoda could feel that the identity of the Jedi could only be Skywalker. He was the only one other Jedi besides himself or master Windu whom radiated in the force as strongly.

The doors opened again as Master Skywalker entered to find Master Yoda and a very exhausted Mace Windu before him. ?There is a matter I need to discuss with you Master Yoda regarding my dreams again.?

Master Yoda and Windu both nodded and gave Anakin Skywalker their full attention. Anakin could not help but feel he had interrupted something important as

11. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I hope everyone enjoys this long chapter, I thought about breaking it in half but since I have been on vacation and did not update on Wednesday did the full section for the update.

Please feel free to set your critique blasters to maximum!!!

I appreciate any and all feedback you give me:)

Milteck

12. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    They were right, this is very disturbing.

Another amazing update Milteck and thanks for the pm.

13. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Black Clones with lightsabers who can annihilate the jedi order? Sweet thought, even though it's evil. Sounds kinda like the Cortosis armored Reborn from Jedi Outcast 2. Looking forward to the next post!

Raptor517

14. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Star_Angel wrote:

They were right, this is very disturbing.

Another amazing update Milteck and thanks for the pm.

[face_peace] [face_peace] [face_peace] [face_peace]

Glad you enjoyed Star:)

Milteck

15. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Raptor wrote:

Black Clones with lightsabers who can annihilate the jedi order? Sweet thought, even though it's evil. Sounds kinda like the Cortosis armored Reborn from Jedi Outcast 2. Looking forward to the next post!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I did not use the cortosis armor, but I did get the dark clone idea from Jedi Outcast 2.
    I wanted to give the Jedi a chance to defeat this force and having them with the cortosis armor would have doomed them all certainly.

Milteck

16. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    excellent post. meessa want more!!! O:)

17. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I have just posted a new story on the forum titled Star Wars: Remnants.

It will be another epic story that will be expanding on, taking place five years after the Jedi Purges and will be written as close as Canon as possible.

Hope you enjoy

Milteck

18. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Mutual trust is the first step towards victory. However, the Jedi are not ready yet. They have much to learn.

19. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Darth_kripp

Mutual trust is the first step towards victory. However, the Jedi are not ready yet. They have much to learn.

[face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull]

They Jedi have a daunting challenge facing them, but unlike what happened in ROTS the strength of the Order will be present to defend their temple.

Milteck

20. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Rise Post, I command you

Milteck

21. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Luke: I cannot lift the post, its too big...

Yoda: Always review what cannot be done, do you hear nothing I say?

Luke: Lifting stones is one thing Master, posts are another

Yoda: No no different, only different in youd mind!!!!

Milteck

22. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Add me to the update list please

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great post, very intense!

Mace Windu was beginning to calm himself down a little bit as he replied to Master Yoda with a tone of disappointment in his voice, ?Still, this is something you should not have kept from me.?

Master Yoda took this opportunity to address both of them saying, ?An easy decision to hide this information from you and the council it was not. Believe it right I do to keep the death of Skywalker?s mother a secret. Qui-Gon Jinn believed Anakin Skywalker the chosen one he did as do I now believe the chosen one he is.?

Mace Windu heard Yoda?s words and accepted them as he confirmed with what he said as he omitted, ?As do I now believe Anakin Skywalker is the chosen one.?

=D=

24. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    VaderLVR64 wrote:

Great post, very intense!

Mace Windu was beginning to calm himself down a little bit as he replied to Master Yoda with a tone of disappointment in his voice, ?Still, this is something you should not have kept from me.?

Master Yoda took this opportunity to address both of them saying, ?An easy decision to hide this information from you and the council it was not. Believe it right I do to keep the death of Skywalker?s mother a secret. Qui-Gon Jinn believed Anakin Skywalker the chosen one he did as do I now believe the chosen one he is.?

Mace Windu heard Yoda?s words and accepted them as he confirmed with what he said as he omitted, ?As do I now believe Anakin Skywalker is the chosen one.?

:D :D :D :D

I am overjoyed you enjoyed the updated Vader, and makes me feel like I succeeded in conveying the intensity that the special session between Yoda, Mace, and Anakin represents for the story.

This is also just beginning; the real suspense is still to come!!!

Glad you enjoyed

Milteck

25. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    The cloaked ship of Darth Maul came out of hyperspace and quickly approached the planet of Coruscant. The Sith line of ship was the same he had used before he had been slain on Naboo and Darth Sidious ensured that after a time it was returned to Kamino to be used by him once again. Darth Maul felt as if he was returning home as he knew the planet well while in the service of Palpatine. He had once been one with the darkness that had spread over the planet during his master?s reign. Darth Sidious had taught him how to mask his presence within the darkness and together they had dreams of covering the entire universe with the darkness that they embodied. To no longer lurk in the shadows, but to walk in the light openly after they had toppled the Jedi and replaced their archaic order with their own.

Darth Maul did not waste anytime as he opened communications and punched in the code to contact Darth Sidious?s contact on the planet. Darth Maul had to pause for a moment to think about how much things had changed. Now that Lord Sidious had been exposed, he was having to invade enemy territory to complete his mission. There was no place he could find sanctuary on this world any longer as the Jedi had taken back control of Coruscant, thus the Republic?s destiny was now once again under their control.

It disgusted Darth Maul how the Jedi justified their power and influence over billions due to a point of view. There was once a time when the Sith and the Jedi Order had coexisted as one, learning the secrets of the force to their own advantage. When the Republic was originally forged, a major shift happened where the Sith believed that they should possesses unlimited power to rule the Republic. The Jedi, however, believed that it was not their right to rule but to use their abilities to influence and protect the Republic. Before the Sith had been able to gain control of the Old Republic, much of their ranks were destroyed with the few remaining survivors becoming outcasts in the Republic. From that day on, the Sith prepared for the day when they would take back what was rightfully theirs and rule the galaxy with the greater power and understanding that force conveyed upon them.

Darth Sidious had understood this destiny and that men were meant to be governed by those who could wield unlimited power against them. What the Jedi would never understand is that their powers made them just as feared as the Sith to the common man, and that such power comes with the responsibility of using it to evoke their compliance. The Jedi?s refusal to accept this will forever make them vulnerable to the Sith as the Republic governs itself on the inadequacies of men who have only their positions in life to enforce its laws upon its citizens. Darth Maul understood that only through fear could a person truly be moved to be loyal to an ideal with the knowledge of any attempt to resist that ideal would result in their destruction. Someday the Jedi Order would meet their destruction at the hands of his master, or inevitably, by another Sith Lord who finally teach them the truth before toppling them into oblivion. Darth Maul only hoped that he would still be alive to see that day and stand by his Master?s side as he ushered in a new era of peace throughout the galaxy.

But the Jedi had prevailed against the Sith by destroying his Master before he could firmly gain complete control of the Republic. Darth Sidious had his hands around the Republic?s throat when Master Windu and Master Skywalker had used their skills as Jedi to destroy him. Feelings of revenge against the Jedi were now very strong inside Darth Maul, who wanted not only to avenge what the Jedi had done to the Sith all those thousands of years ago by hunting down and destroying them, but also to avenge both Darth Sidious?s and his own destruction. It was those feelings of revenge that marked his face with his dark, yet vibrant Sith tattoos that openly conveyed to those who gazed his image for his hatred of all things associated with the Jedi. The coldness inside

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.