main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawn of a New Era I: Jedi Resurrection (post-SbS AU) - K/J, J/T, A/OC - COMPLETED 3/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterKobe, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great postie Mike! :D

Please don't wait that long again to post. [face_devil]

2. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Oooooooh, two posties, very :cool:

Great ones Goofy

Yay! The are back together. All of them.

"Now you will pay," he exclaimed. "Oh yes."
    Hehe, me thinks the Vongs are in for it now. :D

3. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    JASA,
    are u taken santas place this year...I mean after such long time form not hearing from u. U retrun with not one postie but Two. Its like x-mas has come early this year I just hope that means u have the rest of the chaps down so that we dont have such a long wait.

These two have blow me away and i think if i were not so tried i would have more to say but u know what i would say anyways.

Huggles
    Jaya

4. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Jedi Resurrection was nominated for Best AU Story in the Winter 2003 Awards.

Also, Kitana Secura-Solo was nominated for Best OC in a Supporting Role, I think. :p

I need more nominations! :D

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I think you've had enough. I haven't even got one :p

But I'm sure I posted somewhere to tell people I refused to be involved in Fan Fic Awards anymore so its all good.

6. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    True that may be Spike, old boy. But my beta said the same thing and she got some nominations. ;) :D

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, but I think the fan fic awards are completely biased towards a certain group of writers, namely the female ones and those who write the "Obi-Torture, Jaina/Jag/Kyp/Zekk/some random guy love stories and Obi/Ani/Padme love triangles".

So I refuse to be involved.

8. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    ooooh oooooh ooooooh!!!!!!

me like me like me like!!!

9. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
  10. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Jilly: I shan't. :p

BA: Thankies. Yes, they are back together, all of them.

Jaya: Me? Take Santa's place? LOL! Nah, I don't think so. :p

C3: Thanks. :)

Kevin: And here is more.

Chapter 53: One More for the Road

"Great! Just what I needed. More surprises."

Pacing back and forth in his personal quarters aboard the Phoenix Fire, General Antilles had just received word that three separate fleets had reverted from hyperspace. His face screwed with concentration, the legendary veteran was at a loss regarding what to do. The choice, however, was taken from him when an incoming message made its way from one of the newly arrived flagships. Suppressing a groan, Wedge hurried up to the forward command post. The booming voice emitting from the speakers stunned him speechless.

"Antilles? You there? Wake up boy! No wonder you Rebels are losing this war. With one of your top generals sleepwalking his way through battle after battle. How y'all managed to take down Palpatine is beyond me. Or maybe that's the plan, eh? Real original. Go sleep and dream up ways to win. Wedge! You turnin' Jedi on me now? Oh, what will your dear sister say? Maybe I shouldn't even bother telling her. Speak up boy! Whatsa' matter? Rancor got your tongue?"

Even in his state of total shock, Wedge felt a slight tinge in his cheeks. He opened and closed his mouth several times but no sound came out. Finally, after several minutes of listening to the other man roar with laughter, Wedge found his voice.

"Soontir Fel. What brings you 'round these parts? Last I heard, we were nowhere near Chiss Space. Don't tell me you and Syal have decided to move out of Csilla."

Another roar of laughter was Soontir's initial response. It too lasted for quite some time.

"Funny man, you are. I daresay Janson and Klivian have finally gotten to you. Seriously though. Isn't it obvious? We're here to save your sorry New Republic butts."

Wedge pondered his brother-in-law's words carefully before speaking again.

"By we, do you mean your fleet or are you including th-"

At this point, another voice jumped into the conversation.

"What the Baron means to say is that the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet, along with the Imperial Navy and the Pride of Hapes, hereby volunteer our combined firepower to the New Republic Starfleet Command for use in this presumably final chapter in the way against the Yuuzhan Vong. We are all yours, General Wedge Antilles. Do with us as you wish. But remember, we are all here for one common goal. The eradication of evil and the restoration of freedom to our galaxy."

After a protracted and uncomfortable silence, Prince Isolder of Hapes spoke up.

"Very well put, Grand Admiral. After hearing that, it is easy to see why you, of all people, have assumed the leadership role of the Imperial Remnant."

"My thanks, Your Highness." Pellaeon replied, "You are too kind."

A few hours later, the four men stood assembled in the Ralroost's war room. In front of them, Admiral Traest Kre'fey was briefing his subordinates on the recent developments. In the middle of his speech, however, a junior officer burst into the room, red faced and out of breath.

"Sir!" he panted, "N-NRI! They've found it! Shimrra's flagship!"

This bit of news shocked Kre'fey, Antilles, Fel, Pellaeon, and Isolder into silence. The stupor quickly gave way to urgent movement as the five military leaders spurred themselves into action. Kre'fey stalked back to his command post as the others boarded shuttles back to their respective flagships. After further discussion over the subspace comm, it was agreed that the task of grounding Shimrra's ship would fall to an exceptional group of determined men and women.

A group that had long served as the unofficial face of the Rebel Alliance in its war against the Empire so many years ago.

A group of twelve bravehearted individuals.

Rogue Squadron.

Colonel Gavin Darklighter fearlessly led the Rogues streaking through deep

11. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    ~shameless self-UP!~

12. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    YAY!!!! Rogues to save the day!!! MORE!!!

~JMJ

13. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Great post.

Hmm, me thinks it was too easy, as well.

14. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post Mike

15. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Ears: Don'tcha just love them Rogues?! ;) :p

BA: Just you wait. :D

Jilly: Thanks. :)

16. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
  17. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Just a quick note...

Chapter 54 will be going up this evening.

Sadly, this fic is fast drawing to a close. After chapter 55 will be the epilogue.

But never fear. Look for Dawn of a New Era II: When Darkness Falls sometime in April or May, definitely before the summer of 2004.

18. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    As promised...

Chapter 54: Bye, Bye, Bye

Despite Rogue Squadron's best efforts, the crippled Vong ship managed to squeak out a relatively decent landing. It touched down on Coruscant right next to the idling Millenium Falcon. And, contrary to leaked information, the Supreme Overlord was not aboard. Luke, Kyp, and Anakin found that out when they forced their way in. They did, however, find a dying Vong pilot and a grotesquely deformed and misshapen Shamed One.

Onimi.

Upon seeing the three Jedi, Shimrra's familiar immediately fell to his knees and begged for mercy. Only when he was face-to-face with the business ends of three lightsabers did Onimi get up.

The Shamed One caught the gaze of the just arriving Jacen and locked eyes with him. Compelled by some unknown power, the young Jedi reached out tentatively and touched Onimi's head. When he did so, Jacen's brain was instantly and savagely assaulted. Visions flashed through his conscious mind.

In the span of almost a minute, Jacen watched as a duel between Shimrra and himself unfolded. As the young Jedi's family looked on in horror, his body began convulsing wildly before Luke and Han managed to pull him away, thus ending the vision.

As his older brother was thrown clear of the Vong, Anakin Solo's lightsaber thrummed to life and lopped Onimi's head clean off his shoulders.

As Tahiri tended to her fallen boyfriend, a loud roar of anguish emanated from deep inside the old Jedi Temple. Unheeded by the others, the outburst seemed to serve as a sort of wake-up call for Jacen. His brandy-brown eyes fluttered open as he struggled to get to his feet. Leaning slightly on Tahiri for support, Jacen smiled and embraced his blonde princess.

Tahiri was radiating strong feelings of love that gave Jacen the strength necessary to face his destiny. Giving the younger girl a quick kiss, Jacen slid out of her arms and made off for the Temple. About twenty yards from the ruins, he stopped, put his hands on his hips and proceeded to call out the Dread Lord.

"Shimrra! I know you're in there. Come out and fight. Coward!"

19. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post Mike! :)

~~Jilly

20. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Oooooh, the big battle is here.

Great post my friend.

Eagerly waiting the fight between Jacen and Shimrra.

21. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Ya know. I'm surprised nobody commented on Pellaeon's little mini-speech in chapter 53. ;)

22. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    ~Spoilers for the next chapter~

1.) In the blink of an eye, Shimrra used his powers to simultaneously pull Tahiri from the group of Jedi and to call Nas Choka's coufee to his hand. Before anyone could react, the Overlord had brought the serrated edge of the weapon dangerously close to the young woman's neck. Ignoring Tahiri's futile struggling, Shimrra cackled madly and taunted Jacen with his captive girlfriend.

"Anakin, no!!!"

Fearless and brash, young Anakin Solo charged headlong towards Shimrra. He was intent on helping his best friend and future sister-in-law. For his efforts, the impetuous Jedi was met with a savage kick to the head, instantly rendering him unconscious. As the blood flowed freely down his face, Anakin slumped face-first into the ground.

2.) "Brave words, little Jeedai. But I'm afraid you are in no position to determine who gets hurt and who doesn't. Your insignificant abilities, if you can call them that, are no match for the power of the Dark Side. You are nothing, Solo. And I will prove this repeatedly. First to your lovely little girlfriend here. Then your brother. And so on and so forth. You will stand by, helpless, while I systematically annihilate each and every member of your family."

"And then it will come down to you and your twin. But I will not kill you. No, I have other plans for the infamous Jacen Solo. You see, I shall succeed where my apprentice Danni Quee did not. You have been Chosen, young Jeedai. Chosen to join me in the Dark Side of the Force. Chosen to slay your own twin sister as per the sacrifice ordained by the Gods. So it ends. Say farewell, Jacen Solo. Say farewell to your loved ones and say hello to more power and glory than you can ever dream of."

23. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    *wearily pushes the thread UP*

24. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    What? Nobody wants to read my spoilers? :( :_|

25. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Found this on page 5... UP!

BTW, next chapter coming up when I get home from work tonight. A super-long one too. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.