main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawn of a New Era I: Jedi Resurrection (post-SbS AU) - K/J, J/T, A/OC - COMPLETED 3/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterKobe, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    we dont care about the spoliers well thatz not true u were very nice to give us such great spoliers...for now we went to read the next chap even more....so sad to think that this part of your story is almost over...cant wait to read the next part. really looking forward to your next postie.

Huggles

love your sis

2. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Happy New Year's everybody!

Chapter 55: Endgame

A low rumbling from within the ruins shook what was left of the Temple down to its very foundation. Undaunted, Jacen Solo stood, grim-faced and determined, as the hulking silhouette of Lord Shimrra appeared before him. The young Jedi shut his eyes and allowed himself to fall into the flow of the Force. A minute or two later, Jacen redirected his gaze at Shimrra and smiled sadly. Calling forth a wild amphistaff, he raised his other arm and beckoned the Supreme Overlord to come to him.

An irate Shimrra dashed away from the circle of his most loyal servents. With a full head of steam, he charged towards the Jedi.

Except Jacen was no longer there.

With a fluidity and grace that belied his physical appearance, the young man utilized the Force to leap high into the air and somersault over the enraged Vong. With his amphistaff locked into a rigid position, Jacen used the razor sharp end of the weapon to draw a shallow cut down Shimrra's exposed back.

As the other Vong whispered amongst themselves, Shimrra roared in anger and humiliation. The massive Overlord turned to once more face his adversary. This time, however, he did not allow his temper to get the best of him. Shimrra's maaq'it implants coolly surveyed Jacen as he stood across the clearing.

On the sidelines, Luke Skywalker's jaw dropped as his mind struggled with the realization that he could sense Shimrra through the Force. The Jedi Master suddenly looked every bit of his forty-five years as the weight of his startling discovery forced its way onto his shoulders, adding yet another burden to the man who had almost single-handedly restored the Jedi Order. Luke looked to his family to confirm if they had felt what he did. The look on their faces said it all.

Still immersed in the long-familiar currents of the Force, Jacen Solo stood in total shock. Tendrils of darkness threatened to overwhelm his senses and dominate his mind. With a sudden start, the young Knight cut himself off from the Force before it could drive him insane. He looked at Shimrra unbelievingly as the Supreme Overlord grinned in a maniacal fashion. Jacen couldn't even begin to comprehend the fact that his opponent was well-versed in the ways of the Jedi. Or was it the Sith? Jacen was not too sure of anything anymore.

Then the unthinkable happened.

In the blink of an eye, Shimrra used his powers to simultaneously pull Tahiri from the group of Jedi and to call Nas Choka's coufee to his hand. Before anyone could react, the Overlord had brought the serrated edge of the weapon dangerously close to the young woman's neck. Ignoring Tahiri's futile struggling, Shimrra cackled madly and taunted Jacen with his captive girlfriend.

"Anakin, no!"

Fearless and brash, young Anakin Solo charged headlong towards Shimrra. He was intent on helping his best friend and future sister-in-law. For his efforts, the impetuous Jedi was met with a savage kick to the head, instantly rendering him unconscious. As the blood flowed freely down his face, Anakin slumped face-first into the ground.

Han and Leia screamed in agony when Anakin went down. Jaina Solo adopted a murderous glint in her eyes as she began to go after Shimrra. Kyp Durron tried in vain to restrain his fianceé but it mattered not. An impenetratable Force bubble had been erected around them all. They could only stare in disbelief as Jacen motioned for them to cease struggling.

"This is my fight. Alone. I don't want to see anyone else get hurt."

Shimrra roared in amusement. It seemed the Supreme Overlord found this entire affair funny. Then again, considering he was a Vong and thrived on pain, it was to be expected. Using his Force powers, the alien invader sent but one thought directly into Jacen's head.

<Brave words, little Jeedai. But I'm afraid you are in no position to determine who gets hurt and who doesn't. Your insignificant abilities, if you can call them that, are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

3. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*cheers wildly*

None of the good guys died. :( *sighs mornfully* Ah well... I'll make up for it.

Well done Brother. :D

*bounces around to keep awake the last ten minutes*

4. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Awesome post. Excellent action scene and I love that Jacen was made a Jedi Master.

I have nothing more to say. I am speechless. :D ;) :p

5. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    Jasa,
    U have really out done yourself with this chapter my dear brother. I am very happy to see that u did not kill any of the good guys for that was my bigest fear is that u would deicded to go evil on else and kill off all the good guys and what wonderful battle u have written for us. I dont see how u come up with such good ideas. U are truly a great writer and I hope someday i will be as good as u.

Happy New Year Huggles!
    Love your sis

6. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
  7. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie Mike. :D

8. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can post!!

So my computer hates the Forums every once in a while.....

Awesome post Mike....I thought the interaction between Anakin and his wife was really sweet!
    Plus!
    Jace is getting married!! YAY!!! :) :)

Late Happy New Year to everyone!!!

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    You got Shimrra?? Cool.

Still, you might need to get Onimi ;)

10. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Jaid: Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

BA: Speechless? :eek: No way! :p

Jaya: Thanks. :)

Jilly: Thanks to you too.

C3: Of course the Anakin/Kitana interaction was sweet. I wrote it! ;) :p And yes, the newest Jedi Master is getting hitched.

Spike: If you read the previous chapter before this one, you'd know that I already had Anakin kill Onimi. ;)

11. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    UP!

Grrr. Stupid OPPM again!

12. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    more that was awsome

13. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
  14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Spike: If you read the previous chapter before this one, you'd know that I already had Anakin kill Onimi.

[face_mischief] I was just testing ;)

15. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    UP! in preparation for the next and final postie. About time huh? Go me! :D :p

16. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    So here it is. The final chapter to Jedi Resurrection. Hope y'all enjoy! BTW, Tenel Ka's nickname of "Tiki" was used with permission from PadmeLeiaJaina. Extra special thanks, PLJ! :)

Epilogue

Mon Calamari, one month later...

The drinks flowed freely and the music blared loudly, capping a week of celebration. Heurkea City had seemingly been transformed into the largest, not to mention noisiest, block party the galaxy had ever seen. Everybody who was anybody made it a point to show up, lest they miss out on a chance to hobnob with the heroes of the former New Republic, now known as the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances.

In their own secluded corner, the next generation of Jedi sat quietly. The picture of tranquility amidst the chaos, they huddled together and gawked openly at all the madness surrounding them. Jacen sighed softly. He and his compatriots had so far escaped the swarming paparazzi but even he knew the Force could not protect them forever. As if on cue, tabloid reporter J?ron Grahrk approached their table with his ever present holocam operator. The Devaronian flashed a dazzlingly bright smile at Jaina, Tahiri, Kitana, and Aliyah before turning to his reason for coming to them.

?Good day, Master Solo. Everything is well, yes? Good! I had wondered whether you would consent to an exclusive one-on-one interview for Mon Cal Tonight? I am very sure that many of our galaxy?s beings would be interested in hearing the story of the man who saved them from the Yuuzhan Vong.?

Rather than answer the reporter, Jacen simply rolled his eyes and let out a low groan. Always present at her fiance?s side, Tahiri Veila tried her best to stifle a giggle but failed miserably. The young blonde inadvertently set off a chain of roaring laughter that passed through all of the other young Jedi Knights.

At a loss on what to do or say, Jacen hesitatingly turned to his twin sister for advice. In turn, Jaina looked at her future husband. With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Kyp Durron cleared his throat rather dramatically and informed J?ron that Jacen would be more than pleased to grant the interview. At his fellow Jedi Master?s words, Jacen raised a quizzical eyebrow and started to speak. A wink from Kyp stopped him short, assuring Jacen that everything was under control. An ecstatic J?ron beamed brightly.

?Excellent! Excellent! Most excellent! Very good, Masters Durron and Solo. How does tomorrow afternoon sound? Splendid! We shall see you then. Good day to you all!?

When the reporter had left, Jacen rounded on the older Jedi.

?What was all that about, Durron? That?s the last thing I need or want!?

Before Kyp could respond, Anakin Solo, flashing the trademark family grin, slipped in between him and Jacen. The sandy brown haired Jedi used his nearly two meter frame to push the two apart.

?Easy guys. There?s no need to cause a ruckus in here. This is a celebration, for Force?s sake! You?re both supposed to be wise and mature Jedi Masters, right? So start acting like it! We can discuss what just happened later, in a more private setting. But for now, let?s have some fun!?

With that, the youngest Solo turned to a grinning Kitana. Extending an arm to his wife, Anakin winked at the others before heading to the dance floor.

~*~*~

From her own table, Master Leia Organa Solo snickered with amusement at the exchange between her oldest son and the Devaronian reporter. Averting her gaze from the young Jedi, Leia surreptitiously scanned the immense makeshift ballroom, grinning all the way. The sight of Cal Omas, however, killed her smile rather quickly. Sighing in annoyance, she stood up to acknowledge the Chief of State. Grimacing inwardly, she put on her best sabacc face and stepped forward.

?Hello, Cal. What a pleasant surprise. So glad you could make it. Won?t you please sit??

Leia?s fellow Alderaanian unsuccessfully attempted to stifle his laughter.

?Thank you, Master Solo, but no thank you. Perhaps I should start calling Mas

17. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful post, Mike. Looking forward to t he next installment in the series. ;)

~~Jilly

18. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Page 2? UP!

19. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    *sighs dramatically*

*takes some nails and a hammer, preparing to nail this sucker to the top*

20. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    *cries uncontrollably*

Nobody's reading this? :( :_|

21. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Ok, now I'm really sad! Four straight posts by me? What's up with that? Where is everyone? Have all my readers (except Jilly) abandoned me? Why do I have to keep self-upping this thing? :_| x 1138!!!

22. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great post and a most excellent story, Mike. I look forward to seeing the next story.

[face_devil] cliffe man, very [face_devil] cliffe.

23. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Grrrr! UP again! :mad:

24. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    SUPER BIG HUGGLES FOR U JASA!
    Sry i am so late with my review but as u know it was my b-day over the weekend...but anyways enough about me one with my review:

First off i love the way u tried up this part of the series..so nice and neat. I also love the way have u have set up the next part so well. Speaking of the next part when can we be seeing it...soon i hope?

Huggles
    love your sis
    Jaya

25. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Jilly

Wonderful post, Mike. Looking forward to t he next installment in the series. ;)

Thank you. It's coming soon. I want to have at least 15 chapters written before I begin posting. Either way, you already know what's gonna happen in chapter 1. :p

BA

Great post and a most excellent story, Mike. I look forward to seeing the next story.

[face_devil]cliffe man, very [face_devil] cliffe.

Thanks. And yes, that's me. Mr. [face_devil]

Jaya

SUPER BIG HUGGLES FOR U JASA!

First off i love the way u tried up this part of the series..so nice and neat. I also love the way have u have set up the next part so well. Speaking of the next part when can we be seeing it...soon i hope?

Thanks for the huggles. :D See what I wrote to Jilly regarding the next part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.