main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Dawn of a Rebel: The Bria Tharen Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bria, Jul 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Erm... it seems I'm 45 pages too late, but just thought I'd mention that I'm a big fan of Bria Tharen, as well. :)

I bought The Hutt Gambit and Rebel Dawn several years ago, and have great memories of reading them over and over at night... I read them at least once a year.

Oddly enough, I never got around to buying The Paradise Snare until a few months ago. I zoomed though it in about one night. :p
    It was so great to be back in that universe, although I must say that I prefer the next two.

Am I allowed to talk about why I love those books in here, or do I have to dredge up the official talkback thread?

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Oddly enough, I never got around to buying The Paradise Snare until a few months ago. I zoomed though it in about one night.

The PS was one of my first EU purchases and it remains among my favorites. I have multiple copies of it and the other two volumes. :D

Am I allowed to talk about why I love those books in here, or do I have to dredge up the official talkback thread?

Talk away. We might be a small group in here, but you're welcome to join us. :)

3. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    That's why we tend to wander so for the "offical" topic is becuase we're such a small group.

I had Paradise Snare but not the other too but I was shopping for books at Goodwill and found the other two for 50 cents a piece! They're in like new condition too! What a baragin.

I will never buy books from the bookstore again....

~ Crystal ~

4. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I will never buy books from the bookstore again....

Heh. I still buy books at bookstores, but no more hardcover ones. I'll save money and space and wait for paperbacks.

But I really adore used books stores and the baragins that can be found in them. Last week I stumbled on about 10 issues or so of the old Marvel Droids and Ewoks comics. They were geared towards kids, but I bought them and they were pretty good. Only $2 an issue too. :)

5. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    I do still tend to buy books from the bookstore if I can't find it at a used bookstore place. Generally though I tend to stick to B. Dalton becuase they usually have such incrediable deals!

~ Crystal ~

6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
  7. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Hmmm... nothing much to report. I'm done with school so I hope to get cracking on my Bria website soon. I'll keep everyone informed. :)

8. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    I wish I was done was school. I thought it would be a great idea to take a summer course. It's almost finished though, so that's not TOO bad and it's online so I can do it whenever I want. Working forty-hours a week and going to school is driving me nuts. I have no spare time.

Bria, I hope you get your website back up soon! I miss it!

~ Crystal ~

9. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    Just checkin' in. Doesn't look like much has changed though...

~ Crystal ~

10. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  11. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    Well since no one's saying anything I'll drop a few words on the board. I finally polished off The Chronicles of Narnia. I was going to start reading The Mists of Avalon, but set it aside to read the Han Solo Trilogy again. Wahoo! Free time, I'm loving it.

~ Crystal ~

12. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *sticks her head in* Well, I was browsing through threads here and I saw this one and figured I'd pop in and say hello.

I'm a pretty big Bria fan, have been since I read PS and then was forced to skip HG sicne the stupid library didn't have it. ^_^ But anyways, that's all I can think of it say for now...

:Targeter:

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I also liked Bria and the whole trilogy she was in.

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Just bringing this one back to the top! :)

15. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  16. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    Yea! Vistors. It's so exciting!!!

~ Crystal ~

17. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Can someone help me out and let me know if she's in a book or a comic? I'm interested in learning more about her!

THANKS!

18. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    She's in the Han Solo Triolgy.

19. Bria

May 15, 1999
    That's right. She's also in a comic, but the timeline of the comic does NOT flow with the books, even if both are technically part of the EU. I don't like the Yavin Vassilika (story OR art), so I just pretend it doesn't exist. :D ;)

20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    UNLOCKED and bumped by user request.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Bria reference in Tatooine Ghost appeared to be one of the more recently discussed topics here:

Tatooine Ghost:

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure mine doesn't include kids," Han said. Bria had been his first love, a willowy red-haired beauty who was one of the founders of the Rebellion and who had died a martyr after double-crossing him to secure the plans to the first Death Star.

The problem I have with this is - both statements are somewhat inaccurate.

Bria is more "commander in Bel Iblis's forces" than "founder".

And her double-cross of Han was not to secure plans - but to secure money that the Rebellion needed to carry out extremely resource-intensive missions.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  22. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    It seems Troy Denning didn't do his homework well. Or maybe Han just remembers things wrongly?

Iron_lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.