main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Dawn of a Rebel: The Bria Tharen Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bria, Jul 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The boy is sad, what can I say.

Bria, that guy scares me.... good thing you're staying away from him....

2. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I'm not sure. I think Bria took the pill (maybe) but then she got up and start blasting Imps. Poison is a quicker way but going down swinging is more heroic.

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    If she could definately. ;) I was just under the impression that their stock pile of weapons was getting pretty thin down there on Toprawa. If she had nothing to take them with her, then she'd use the pill, lest they succeed in taking her alive.

Peoples... I really wasn't trying to think of something to write, but I feel it coming.... I think I know what it is....

I was listening to Savage Garden, and the plot for a song-fic began to form. A missing moment from Paradise Snare. Here's the song:

You Can Still Be Free - Savage Garden

Cool breeze and autumn leaves
    Slow motion daylight
    A lone pair of watchful eyes
    Oversee the living
    Feel the presence all around
    A tortured soul
    A wound unhealing
    No regrets or promises
    The past is gone
    But you can still be free
    If time will set you free

Time now to spread your wings
    To take to flight
    The life endeavour
    Aim for the burning sun
    You're trapped inside
    But you can still be free
    But it's a long way to go

Keep moving way up high
    You see the light
    It shines forever
    Sail through the crimsom skies
    The purest light
    The light that sets you free

Sail through the wind and rain tonight
    You're free to fly tonight
    And you can still be free

And going higher than mountain tops
    And go high like the wind don't stop
    And go high
    Free to fly tonight
    Free to fly tonight

What does everyone think? ;)

~*~Bria

4. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I have that CD, it's a good song. so Bria, does this mean that there's another song-fic in the works? i can't wait! :)

5. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks. I love that song, and it works so well. :)

I'll have to do some re-reading of Paradise Snare, but I have plot already. It'll be along the lines of Learning To Let Go, but a bit deeper. :)

~*~Bria

6. Keiran_Halcyon

Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2001
    * starts laughing at solojones because he doesn't get the joke [face_laugh] * Ya see solo Bria and I are both from Minnesota and we both post regularly in the MN board so she gets my joke. You wouldn't because you dont post there as well you shouldn't cause your not from MN. The point is I forgive you for your idiodic reply bout me scaring Bria . The ONLY reason I forgive you is because of you ignorance otherwise I'd have said something really mean to you by now. So next time dont post bout something you have NO idea about. Have I made myself clear? Good now I have to waste time on the net elswhere, cu

?KH¿

7. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    hi. I have nothing to say except that my best friend got the entire HST and she won't let me borrow them(i don't own the HST yet...). WAHH!!! :(

8. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Keiran, please. You don't need to get all defensive. :) solojones, who is a GIRL, was JOKING. Really, she was- as was I. ;) And many of the posters in our forum aren't from Minnesota either- but I will mention that solojones did as a matter of fact live here.

Mara-Jade-Skywalker- :( Poor girl. I can't imagine not having it! :(

~*~Bria

9. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I liked the songfic, Bria. :)

10. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Songfic? If you're talking about You Can Still Be Free, I haven't written it yet. Now that I've finished Rebirth though, I will start working on it. ;)

~*~Bria

11. Keiran_Halcyon

May 26, 2001
    Bria I was trying to be funny :( . Oh and my apologies to you solo for calling you a guy when your a girl. Cu

?KH¿

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Bria- you tell KH! I was BORN in MN! I'm a native!!!!!

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Keiran- Ok. I thought you'd taken offense, and I wanted to make sure that neither you nor anybody else had. :)

solojones- Yup! :)

Ok... so... my new story... I'm thinking of having it include the call Bria makes from Coruscant to her father. I will have to re-read the parts with him though, to make sure I get him right, if I do include it. I'm really not sure yet.

Anyway... what did everyone think of Renn? I really liked him. What a cool dad! :)

~*~Bria

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Her father was pretty cool. He was the only one in that family who wasn't an SOB. He helped out Han so that does say a lot about him. It was good that Han was the one who told him about Bria. Wonder if the two of them ever saw each other again...

15. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Renn..wow.ook i'm gonna have to look at his parts agian..but i remember he was def the best of the Tharens' a man to respect..

I like his convo. with Han..(i think..)

i'l be back with more..
    i have to look over the books again..

16. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I have to catch up with the books myself. It's been a while since I've read them.

17. Keiran_Halcyon

May 26, 2001
    banned for swearing

18. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Keiran- Please, do not swear. I don't want it in here, and it's against the forum rules as well.

Hey, peeps. Guess what! I found the start of a fanfic last night that I wrote three years ago. It's not complete, and I must confess I've forgotten where I was going to go with it, but tomorrow I'll post it in here. Maybe somebody will have an idea as to where I should take it. ;) Right now, my main concern is the songfic I want to write, but it'd be cool if I finished this one as well. :)

~*~Bria

19. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    i look forward to hearing your song and fan fic, bria :)

20. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, having just finished reading the HST again, I can actually answer your question about Renn, Bria. ;)

I liked him. He obviously cared about his daughter and he was able to look past Han's rough exterior and faults and see that he really had a good heart and truly loved Bria. I think Bria's love for her father speaks volumes about him, too, since she didn't seem to have much use for her mother and brother.

I'd love to read about the call Bria made to him from Coruscant and the start of that fanfic, too! :)

21. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I'd love to read it to, Bria! :)

22. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks, everyone! You know, I've been thinking (a dangerous pastime I know... :D)) Perhaps I'll write my songfic, and then conclude it with the fanfic I started in '98, since it takes place after the one I'm working on now... :)

Anyway... I'll post what I have of my other story (which isn't a songfic... or at least not yet! ;)) tonight after I return home from dinner. ;)

~*~Bria

23. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  24. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Unfortunately, it's not cool. Nope. It's hot out. VERY VERY HOT!!!!! I'm boiling here!!!! :(

Anyway... provided nothing unexpected happens, I will have the piece up tonight. I just hope it isn't too disappointing.... it is over 2 years old after all! :p

~*~Bria

25. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Bria wanted me to tell everyone that she'll have the excerpt up tomorrow. She's sorry she couldn't put it up today but she had to punch off. She wanted everyone to know.

Looking forward to it when it's ready, Bria! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.