main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dawn of Darkness -EP III AU A/A and SO (Updated 6/8 9:29 PM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by PadmeSolo, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Wow! This story is fantastic. I am all caught up, and looking forward to the rest. Well done indeed.

thebadge

2. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Glad you enjoyed :) !

Anakin awoke with a feeling of distinct unease. Something, he couldn?t quite figure out what, felt wrong. He sighed and glanced at his surroundings. It took the young man a moment to understand that he wasn?t at home. The room was far too decorated and fancy for any room Anakin had ever regularly slept in. He was in the Chancellor?s spare bedroom. Somehow, that didn?t make him feel any better. He was sure Palpatine was up to something besides finding his wife. Why else would he have insisted that Anakin stay with him? The young Jedi, however, was not interested in his part-time mentor?s games. Sure, Palpatine was a good teacher, but finding his wife was far more important at this point in time. Perhaps he could find her now, using the senate leader?s equipment.

He slipped into the corridor outside his bedroom and wandered down it. Anakin didn?t have a distinct idea of what he was looking for, but anything resembling a terminal would be fine. His search led him into one of the many studies the house contained. The young man sat down at the metal desk and turned on the terminal. He couldn?t help but wish R2 was there to help him. The droid would make the process go much faster. Anakin sighed and watched the terminal boot up. In seconds, it was ready for search entry.

He typed in ?Padme Amidala? and waited as it processed his request. The last entry made under her name was two days ago. That didn?t help him one bit. He sighed and tried another way. The Intelligence system was good, but a good hacker like Anakin would have no problem with its defenses. Quickly, the locator window popped up in front of him. Again, he entered his wife?s name. This time, however, he actually got somewhere. The last known location was at a diner near the Jedi Temple area of the city. He wondered what she had been doing there. Obviously, she had been eating, but with whom and why there?

Anakin expanded his search to include all parties interacting with her. Two other names came up. He glanced at the first one. He supposed that he should have been able to guess it. Of course she would be with Obi-Wan. The second name both startled and frightened him. Viva Flyn. Padme had eaten dinner at the diner with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Viva Flyn. The more he thought about it, the worse it seemed. If Viva and Padme had talked everything he ever wanted and needed to hide from Padme had been reveled.

?What are you doing up at this hour?? an inquisitive voice asked from the entry to the study.

Anakin literally jumped, ?Oh! Chancellor, I didn?t hear you come in. How long have you been there??

?I just noticed that you were up. You noticed me as soon as I came to the door,? Palpatine lied. Truthfully, he had been standing there long enough to watch Anakin hack into Intelligence and find the location of Padme and her pathetic friends.

?Oh,? he breathed extremely relieved that the Chancellor probably didn?t know what he had been doing.

The older man smiled reassuringly, ?Were you looking for Padme??

?As a matter of fact, I was,? Anakin paused deciding how much to tell the figure across the room, ?I actually found out where she might be.?

?Really?? the white haired figure countered.

He nodded, ?I found out that she had eaten dinner at a restaurant near where the Jedi Temple is. I assume that she?s been staying with Obi-Wan. Padme certainly wasn?t at the house when I went back.?

Inwardly Palpatine smiled. The boy was a smart one. He would definitely live up to his potential, ?Now that you know where she is, why don?t you get a good night?s sleep??

?Alright,? Anakin sighed, ?I just wish I knew she was okay.?

?I?m sure she?s fine,? Palpatine had to hide his sneer. The senator was by no means fine. Tomorrow she would be dealt with as quickly as possible. She was far too big an obstacle in his way, ?Tomorrow you two can sort out your differences.?

Anakin turned the terminal off and walked over to join Palpatine at the doo

3. Anakins_Goddess_01

Anakins_Goddess_01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Oh, NO! Go get your wife Anakin!!! Man I love this story! It keeps me away from mine LOL! Hope you post again soon!

~*Taryn*~

4. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Ani has to figure Palpy out soon.

5. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

Do I sense a AU? ;)
    I can't help it, I so wish it would be true. ;)

Grrr...*whacks Paply with a bat* He needs to get a life! :mad:

Great post! I need more! :D

6. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    No! Grrr, Palpy, you make me so angry! :mad:

;)

*SB*

7. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Glad we all want to decapitate Palpy ;) !

No one had gone back to bed in the apartment at the Jedi Temple. There was too much to think about and do to worry about getting more sleep. All three figures were still hunched over the kitchen table in thought. Viva glanced around and noted that Obi-Wan had looked up as well, ?Any ideas??

The older figure shook his head, ?None, sadly. I can?t quite figure out how to bring Anakin safely back to Padme while we know the Chancellor is involved in the situation. There?s simply no way for Palpatine not to find out about the switch.?

Padme had a pained expression on her face, ?Why can?t he find out??

?Because in all likelihood he set this entire situation up,? Obi-Wan paused, ?Now we wouldn?t want him to know we could undo his scheme, would we??

Viva nodded, ?You have a good point. Anakin, however, does know me. Perhaps he would be inclined to follow Padme back here even if he really thought she was me.?

?It?s a good idea,? the Jedi confirmed, ?And our only idea so far.?

The redhead sighed, ?Do you really think there?s a good chance Anakin will follow you? After all that happened??

?I don?t know,? the brunette admitted, ?You?ll just have to be extremely convincing.?

?What are you going to do?? the senator asked suddenly realizing that the area had not been covered.

Viva grinned at her, ?Become a senator. I might need a little instruction from you, though.?

Obi-Wan interjected, ?She has to. Otherwise people will wonder where you went. Of course she?ll be under a ton of security because of the recent threats. I?m sure Viva will do just fine.?

?I wish I was as confident in that as you,? the young woman sighed.

?Really,? Viva assured her, ?I?ll be fine.?

Padme frowned, ?But Obi-Wan, you were saying the Chancellor had started the entire thing. Won?t Viva be under the ?protection? of the Chancellor.?

?Sadly, yes. That will not, however, be all of her protection. She?ll be under the watch of the Jedi as well,? Obi-Wan reconciled.

Viva shifted and got up, ?Let?s get some breakfast and Padme can brief me on the affairs of the Republic.?

?Alright,? the other figures responded simultaneously and laughed slightly when they realized it. Minutes later, they were sitting at the table again. This time with tea and the breakfast Obi-Wan had cooked them. Neither of the young women dared to ask its contents. In truth, neither really wanted to have to eat the ball of burned slime on their plates. They were both polite, though, and would.

?Republic affairs,? Viva prompted.

Padme nodded, ?First you need to know a lot about me. I was born on the planet Naboo. I?m not sure if you?ve ever heard of it. It?s a beautiful place with swamps, waterfalls, lakes, and a beautiful capitol city. I?ll have to take you there some time. Anyways, I grew up, went to school and when I was fourteen I was elected as the Queen of Naboo.?

?And a very good Queen I might add,? the Jedi smiled.

?Well, thank you,? the young woman responded, ?Now, most Queen?s reigns are pretty uneventful. I wasn?t quite so lucky. The Trade Federation set up a blockade around the planet. If that wasn?t enough they also started invading and putting the people in prison camps. I was lucky enough to get off planet with Obi-Wan and his former Master Qui-Gon Jinn.?

Viva noticed the Jedi?s eyes cloud over at the mention of the man. She couldn?t help but wonder what had happened. Padme, however, continued to talk.

?We went to Tatooine because the hyperdrive on the ship was broken and leaking. I had my decoy, Sabe, stay on the ship as I went into Mos Espa with Master Jinn. Obi-Wan stayed on the ship. That?s where we encountered Anakin. He was just a little boy then. A slave too. In reflection, he probably saved the entire planet of Naboo. Anyways, we entered him into this Podracing thing and bet that he would win against his owner. Qui-Gon had also made a deal to free Anakin that none of us knew at the ti

8. RangerPrincess

Jun 23, 2002

:_| The re-telling TPM always gets to me. *sniffle* I loved it, hopefully in the next post, we see some action. ;)

9. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    I wonder if this little plan of theirs will work. It had better, for Anakin's (and the galaxy's) sake! ;)

*SB*

10. Anakins_Goddess_01

Jun 17, 2002
    That was great I can't wait till Anakin comes into the picture!!

11. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Sorry, I went to the fair yesterday and had no writing time!

Anakin awoke early. As early as possible. Perhaps it was hours before the artificial sun would rise. He didn?t take the time to check. Something told him that sticking around was going to be a bad idea. Palpatine had seemed far to knowing in their late night conversation. For some reason that man was beginning to give out bad vibes. That was strange because Anakin had been working with him for weeks, and never felt anything like that. For once, however, he was not going to ignore his emotions. If they told him to go. He would go. Plus his wife was in danger. That ought to add up to something.

He quietly put on his robes and cloak and ducked silently out of his bedroom and to the door. Anakin imagined that Palpatine must know he was leaving, but was glad that he didn?t intercept him. As soon as he was out the door he trotted out of the senate building and onto the dark deserted streets of Courscant. His first stop would be Obi-Wan?s apartment. Even if Padme was not there, he could at least reconcile with his Master. Apologize for his outbursts and actions days before. He felt guilty. And rightfully so. However, sulking in self-pity was still not going to get him anywhere in life.

The transport system ran all hours of the night and soon a blue floating car was in front of him. The private car was certainly nicer than the crowded ones of the daytime. He started to direct it towards the Jedi Temple before he thought otherwise. Who was going to be up at this hour of the morning. Perhaps it was better to wander around and do something else before awaking the world. He directed it instead to a little café outside their apartment. While he was in the area he might as well go up and change. Anakin had been wearing the same robes for the past three or so days. Definitely time for a change.

The car pulled up to the café and he exited. Anakin took one look at the apartment and then the little restaurant. What first? Finally, he decided he?d be aiding humanity if he changed. As he entered the lobby he noticed a sign posted on the turbo lift. Out of order. He groaned and turned to the stairs. Well some things never changed.

^~~~***~~~^

Padme wandered out into the dark streets. Where to start? Viva had given her a list of her contacts on the datapad she held in her hand. Padme wasn?t sure if she really wanted to use any of them. Most were drug dealers, who did seem to know a lot than she would have ever thought, and owners of nightclubs. Who also would know a lot. She sighed. Viva certainly was in deep with the underside of the city. Finally, she decided to go to work, Viva?s work, and ask around there. Then, at least, people wouldn?t wonder why she was there.

The senator remembered the way pretty well and getting to the right area with the right turbo lift wasn?t extremely difficult. She wandered out of the turbo lift and turned to face the cantina. She steeled herself for any interaction with the lowlifes of the city and started towards the neon lights. The large door squeaked as the young woman pushed it. The first to spot her was the blonde they had seen singing before.

?Viva!? she bubbled, ?I thought you had disappeared off the face of the planet!?

Padme reminded herself to stay in character. She doubted, however, that Viva would ever had been as lively as the woman before her, ?Yeah, I just sort of needed a break from work and everything.?

The blonde nodded, ?I know what you mean. And you did have that day off.?

Absorbing that information the
    redhead responded, ?Yeah, so might as well enjoy the time you get.?

?Totally,? she paused, ?So how?d it work out with that blonde hottie you took home??

Padme swallowed and did her best to look indifferent. That, however, was relatively hard. This was here husband they were talking about for Sith?s sake! ?Actually it didn?t go so well.?

The other woman gave a sympathetic smile, ?Didn?t like the

12. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Good, Anakin's finally getting a clue. I hope he and Padmé cross paths soon.

*SB*

13. Anakins_Goddess_01

Jun 17, 2002
    Great job! I love it! It would be sooo funny if Anakin just happened to walk in ther... *LOL* I can imagine it now!!!

Hope there is a new post soon, but I will be out of town for a few days soo, I wont be able to reply tIll tuesday!

~*Taryn*~

14. bjork_109

bjork_109 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    Wheew! I finally caught up. Yay. :) WONDERFUL story PadmeSolo. This is the best Episdoe III piece that I have ever read. I am eagarly awaiting the next post!!! :)

-Bjork.

15. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Here's a short piece, all I could get out today!

Changed, washed and ready for a new day, Anakin Skywalker exited his apartment. His gait was lively and filled with good expectation. Today, things would be turned right. Anakin walked down the stairs. For once, not even minding the hassle. The shop across the way was open and people were finally wake and rummaging around the busy streets. He found the nearest walkway and crossed the divide between the buildings. As he approached the quaint little café he caught himself whistling. Anakin quickly stopped. The day wasn?t that wonderful yet. He pulled open the pastel blue door with equally pastel pink blinds in the windows surrounding it.

Many a morning had he and Padme run down to the little shop to have an early breakfast before the rest of the Republic was awake. He smiled. The last time they had been there was the day of some important senate vote. Padme had been on edge about it and hadn?t slept most of the night before. Finding no way to calm her down he had dragged her out in the wee hours of the morning to the café. Protesting the entire way, she had ended up eating the entire shop up. It had turned out that she hadn?t eaten for the past day because of her extreme worry. Somewhere in the middle of the their visit to the pale pink booth, he decided that she had forgotten her worries. Perhaps a little high on caffeine, Padme had been laughing and bubbling about anything and everything. What he would give to see her like that again.

The plump little cat-like thing that ran the café smiled at Anakin as he walked in, ?Well, is that little Ani? I must not be seeing right!?

Anakin gave a slight laugh and replied, ?Well good to see you too, Betha.?

?You and your darling little wife haven?t been here in awhile,? Betha smiled her whiskers raising, ?Anything I should know about??

He shook his head, ?Nothing really. We?ve both been extremely busy with work and all.?

?Well I?m sorry. We certainly miss your predawn visits,? the woman replied.

Anakin paused in a moment of contemplation, ?So do I.?

The figure in front of him choose to disregard his reply, ?Can I get you anything??

?Just some tea and a muffin,? Anakin responded. The furry woman turned her back and busied with the instruments behind the counter. Moments later, his tea and muffin were before him, ?Thanks.?

?Anything for little Ani,? she smiled back.

He nodded, ?I guess I?ll hopefully see you soon.?

?Indeed. We?ll be waiting for you and don?t forget to bring your wife,? Betha added.

?I won?t,? he called as he exited through the pastel blue door. Hopefully he would find her before it was too late. He wasn?t sure what he was afraid of, but so far everything seemed to be going well today.

16. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    He wasn?t sure what he was afraid of, but so far everything seemed to be going well today.

On no... I sense foreshadowing at work here. ;)

17. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Great post, I like Betha! :D

*SB*

18. RangerPrincess

Jun 23, 2002

:D Will the next post be longer? ;)
    Nice to see a new character enter the picture. :)

19. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    wow...I love this story!

20. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Glad all are enjoying! And yes I think this post is a little longer ;) !

Viva stared into the office. She turned around and faced Obi-Wan, ?You?ve got to be kidding.?

The Jedi Knight had reached the door and looked inside. Nothing seemed out of the norm to him, ?I don?t think so.?

?It?s huge,? she whispered glancing around the senator?s office.

Obi-Wan shrugged, ?All the offices are this size. Yours is no different, Senator Amidala.?

His choice of words reminded her that she probably shouldn?t be standing here in awe of the office she worked in every day. Viva took another step into the beautifully furnished room, ?What?s first on my schedule??

?Let?s see,? he replied glancing at a datapad in his hand, ?You don?t have anything major this morning. Senator Organa of Alderaan requested that you meet with him, though. He?s the other person under this supposed gun point.?

?Ah,? she nodded in understanding, ?Go on.?

He looked back at the schedule, ?In the afternoon, the senate meets. You?re going to have to present your turbo lift bill. I don?t think that will be a big deal. Its rather simple.?

?Okay,? she put her bag of datapads on the desk and took a seat, ?Will you inform Senator Organa that I?ll meet with him as soon as possible??

?I would, but that?s not my job,? Obi-Wan reminded her, ?I?m only here to protect you. You?ll have to get Mare to do that.?

Viva shot him a confused look, ?Mare??

The Jedi looked slightly exasperated for a moment, ?Your aid.?

?Oh! Silly me, I forgot,? Viva replied not missing a beat.

?I?ll get her for you,? he volunteered and exited the room leaving Viva alone in the massive room. She gazed at the pictures on the walls. They were originals, she was sure. The window behind the desk looked to the outside of the senate building. Already, thousands of speeders and other flying vehicles had taken flight. For the moment, she was content to just gaze out the window and appreciate the view. Viva?s window gazing came to an abrupt halt, however, when Mare and Obi-Wan entered the room.

?The Jedi said you had a request?? the small blonde woman prompted.

Viva nodded, ?Yes. I heard that Senator Organa wanted to meet with me. Could you please tell him that any time this morning would be good??

?Alright,? Mare answered jotting down a note, ?Anything else??

?I think that?s it for now,? she replied.

Mare started to exit the room, ?Let me know if you need anything else.?

?I will, don?t worry,? Viva smiled and watched her aid leave the room. Obi-Wan was smiling smugly at her, ?What??

He shrugged, ?Nothing. You?re just really good at this.?

?Yeah,? she paused, ?Right.?

?No, really you are,? Obi-Wan argued.

She shook her head, ?Whatever you say. Now, you said I had to present about the turbo lift bill??

He nodded, ?Yes.?

?Okay, in front of the whole senate?? Viva asked.

?Yes,? he replied once more.

She bit her lip and nodded, ?And how many senators are there??

Obi-Wan cocked his head to the side in thought, ?I?m not exactly sure, but I?d say a couple of thousand at least.?

?At least?? Viva squeaked.

?It?s not that bad,? he informed her, ?All you have to do is stand in your hover craft and tell everybody what your bill is about. Since it?s not anything radical I?m sure it will be quite easy.?

She sighed, ?I guess I?ll have to trust you on that one.?

They both glanced at the door as it opened again to reveal Mare, ?Senator Organa says he can see you now, if that?s convenient.?

?Sure,? Viva replied grabbing her bag off the desk. She and the Jedi followed the blonde aid out of the door and into the hall. Viva smiled. This wasn?t turning out to be half bad.

^~~~***~~~^

Anakin had caught a transport to the Jedi Temple and was now standing before its lower doors. He wasn?t sure if he really wanted to go through the common area. Anakin wasn?t exactly excited about meeting up with Obi-Wan again, let alone Mater Windu or Yoda. They w

21. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Go Yoda. Beat some common sense into Anakin. :D

22. Anakins_Goddess_01

Jun 17, 2002
    I'M BACK And that was great! Can't wait till the next post!!

~*Taryn*~

23. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    glad anakin is finally taking some responsibility

24. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Ha! Yoda's found him, Anakin's in trouble now! [face_laugh] I like how you write Yoda, you've got his manner down well. :)

*SB*

25. RangerPrincess

Jun 23, 2002

Yay! :cool:

Yoda's Da Man! ;)

Hehe, Yoda always has a way of finding people who don't want to be found. Teehee.
    ^-^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.