main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Dawn of the Chosen One

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SkywalkerShine, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: John & Vince Seward

[i]"Everyone, my father, he knows. We could all be in danger. We need to get out of here as soon as possible. Take the UV lamps with us, we'll need them if my father sends his merc's after us." he said, a look of terror on his face. "He's done something terrible. I had a vision, there are hundreds of corpses around the mansion, he's slaughtered everyone."[/i]

John, and subsequently Vince, did an immediate about face. "Wh-what...?" John stammered incredulously. "Mercenaries...?!"

Vince's expression grew dark. Vampire mercenaries, which until recently included himself, were notoriously dangerous and efficient. And, unlike him, most of them weren't in it for the money. They were in it for sport. A strange feeling swelled up inside him. It was like a bizarre cocktail of dread and... excitement? Was he actually thrilled by the possibility of facing strong opponents?

John's expression was more vapid, most likely due to his extreme post-traumatic exhaustion. He just grinned. "G-guess we're hitting the road again..." he remarked.

Vince nodded in concurrence. Yes, he was definitely excited. He clenched the fist on his good arm. A new set of guns and challenging opponents... That was right up his alley, super powers be damned.

[i]Allene opened her eyes, and glanced at Louis. She could hear the hatred in his voice, which frightened her. The young woman went by Louis's side, and hugged him tightly. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she held him.

"Louis... please don't be angry. We'll stop your father, no matter how long it takes. But don't do it out of anger. Please!" She started to cry.[/i]

"She's right, Louis. Anger won't get you anywhere. At best you might end up like John. At worst... well, you might [i]not[/i] end up like John, and your anger will destroy you." Vince added, his expression indecipherable.

John looked at his brother quizzically, remembering that expression from only a few times before. Was Vince... [i]jealous[/i] of something... Or some[i]one[/i]...? He shook the thought away. He was practically delirious, and his memory, to say nothing of his judgements, was a bit hazy. Surely he was wrong about that.

"In any case, you're right about one thing, we need to get out of here, and fast," Vince continued, testing his reflexes. It seemed Louis' alchemical item had finally finished it's job, and he got back to his own feet. "Thanks John, but I seem to finally be feeling better," he commented, feeling surprisingly refreshed. A side effect of the serum? Or was it adrenaline? Or something else? He wasn't sure.

Vince glanced at Fran, "Hey, there might be a few spare pairs of pants [i]in[/i] the bus, now that I think about it, and what's stopping us from... [i]commandeering[/i] the thing for the greater good?"

His trademark smirk returned. "And I'll bet it's got some replacement guns, to boot."

[b]TAG:[/b] Louis, Allene, Fran, Mavik

2. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Fran

Fran nodded and ran for the bus, getting inside he noticed that the soldier types had run for it. He wondered vaguely about what had happened to Mac, but then decided he didn't really care because at least it was safe. He found his backpack where he'd left it, got out his spare jeans and ducked behind a seat to change. He stood up afterwards, looking around for extra clothes.
    Why do people always insist on talking to me only when I'm in wolf form? And when will they realise that wolves lack that particular factor of vocal cords that enable them to answer? He thought to himself.
    Finding what he needed, including boots, a shirt and his own army jacket Fran started collecting weapons and the UV lamps. When the bag was full he ran back to the hotel room, bursting through the door.
    "Right, I've got five guns, some extra clips with silver bullets in and I would be most grateful if people were slightly careful with them around me. Two smoke grenades, a regular grenade and four of those lamps." He said, emptying them onto a kind of dressing table against the wall. It was a pretty standard room, smelling of cigarettes and freashly laundered sheets.
    He turned to face the group.
    "I'm not sure about time, but I figure it has to be close to daylight soon and any vampires chasing you will have to stop. Moving dureing the day is out of the question because of those two, so that means some kind of perimeter will have to be set up before next nightfall. But as soon as all injurys and whatnot are cleared then move on because a motel isn't a home, vampires can just stride in and it's probably the worst possible place to hide from them. Lamps in a kind of circle, if what I've got isn't enough then somebody'll have to grab more in the day. If there was any black paint around then you could block out the windows of the bus, which would make it safe for these two here during the day and you'd be able to move and cover more ground than any vampires chasing you." He finished, walking over to a chair and collaspsing on it. The shot wound earlier was bothering him after the change back to human, but he'd live.
    "And as for your little band is concerned, I'm stating right now that I'm not in this for the long run. I'm heading Minnesota way but will travel with you until we're near there." He looked over at Allene. "Is that alright with you, Miss "Chosen One?"

TAG: Allene, all

OOC: Sorry for delay, internet bust at my house so I won't be able to post as often. Just warning.

3. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Louis du Codroy

"All we really need is to get some thick enough blankets or something for the windows. So long as the sun's blocked out we should be fine." Louis said. "Hell we might be able to go into town and buy some curtains or blinds." he added, his anger seeping away. He then turned to Allene. "I'm sorry, it's just that what my father has done is totally unforgiveable, I will not attack in rage, but I will use my rage to fuel my focus, I will not use it in it's raw form, I will use it to strengthen my resolve, to strengthen the powers within me. My father will pay for what he's done." he said, his tone level, and very serious.

TAG: All

4. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: I understand, Twinky_Stryder. I myself have those kind of problems sometime too.

IC: Allene Blair, inside Hotel room, Southern countryside of Ohio

When they got in the hotel room, Allene sat on the bed, looking down. She really hoped that Jesse was okay outside, and no vampire would try to eat him. But he was a smart horse, so no one would bother him.

"And as for your little band is concerned, I'm stating right now that I'm not in this for the long run. I'm heading Minnesota way but will travel with you until we're near there." He looked over at Allene. "Is that alright with you, Miss "Chosen One?"

Allene looked up at Fran, and nodded weakly, smiling. "Yeah. Sure thing..."

"I'm sorry, it's just that what my father has done is totally unforgiveable, I will not attack in rage, but I will use my rage to fuel my focus, I will not use it in it's raw form, I will use it to strengthen my resolve, to strengthen the powers within me. My father will pay for what he's done." he said, his tone level, and very serious.

She nodded at Louis's request. "I agree. And thanks for joining us, Louis. Without you... I wouldn't know what to do..." Allene smiled sadly, and looked down.

Tag: Fran, John, Louis, Mavik, and Vince

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Vincent Seward
    Hotel Room

Vince went over to the table, and grabbed two of the handguns. He checked them for any defects, spun them around a few times to check the weight, holstered them, drew them quickly, and holstered them again. The entire spectacle looked mildly like a Wild West show routine. "These will do quite nicely..." he thought aloud. It felt reassuring to know he was fully armed again, especially since handguns were his primary weapon of choice. He glanced over at John who had collapsed onto the sofa and was already fast asleep. He still looked a bit haggard, but slightly more relaxed. Vince felt similarly relieved.

[i]"I agree. And thanks for joining us, Louis. Without you... I wouldn't know what to do..." Allene smiled sadly, and looked down.[/i]

Vince glanced over to check Louis' reaction, an odd look in his eyes. He shook his head. [i]What the heck is up with me...?[/i] he questioned himself. He sat down on the bed, opposite the side Allene was on, and checked the sights on his new handguns. The level of craftsmanship was superb, to say the least. He just hoped they performed well against whoever, or whatever, they went up against. He reholstered them.

Which still left his scarf. He pulled it off and examined the hole John had inadvertently made, sticking his hand through it easily. It had cost him multiple paychecks, and now there was no way he'd be able to get it repaired anyway. If the Vampire Lord really did know what they were up to... well, his supplies would run a bit shorter than usual, to say the least.

He rewrapped the scarf, a $500,000 ordinary piece of cloth, around his neck. "So what's our next move?" he asked aloud, not turning around. "Do we head East from here, head Northwest to get to Minnesota, back to Chicago or wherever, or what?"

[b]TAG:[/b] Allene, Louis, Fran, Mavik

6. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

"Do we head East from here, head Northwest to get to Minnesota, back to Chicago or wherever, or what?"

Allene closed her eyes and rubbed her chin lightly, thinking about Vince's question. Where should they head to? Minnesota was in the Northwest. But where was the Vampire Lord?

"I'm not sure. My opinion was to track down the Vampire Lord, and defeat him. But I don't know where he lives." She turned to Louis. "Do you know where you're father is, Louis?"

7. jedipassion

jedipassion Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2007
    IC: Mavik

Mavik walked into the motel room with the others and looked on at the events that seemed surreal to him. As he plopped himself into a chair he began having a flashback to a time he was twelve. His father came into the room with a face that was unforgettable. It was mixed with fear, uncertainty, and rage. His father looked at both him and his mother and said to them "Get ready to leave, we have to go now. The Vampires have declaired war on the humans, and I have inlisted to be with the resistance army." Mavik then begins to talk to himself in a slight trance. "Dad, I want to fight with you. I want to show them not to mess with us." Then he snaps back into reaility. "So what's our next move?" he asked aloud, not turning around. "Do we head East from here, head Northwest to get to Minnesota, back to Chicago or wherever, or what?" Mavik look at them and states "Well for me i cant really do anything unarmed so i know i cant really do much so i am going back to the smithery, it isnt far from here. That and i can probably go and grab some more things that were left from the war. It could prove useful to us."

Tag:all

8. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"If I know my father he'd be heading to an area that's heavily populated, the more humans the more he can kill. He doesn't care anymore, he'll just keep killing until the last humanis either dead or turned, then he'll start on the werewolves." Louis said, looking at both Allene and Fran. "He'll likely be on the East Coast, not in the Mid-West, the Mid-West isn't as heavily populated, he'll also likely head to a city, probably with a port, or a major transit system. He could very well be headed for New York City, Boston, Philidephia or possibly Washington D.C. He'll be after major targets." he said.

"Though our summer mansion is in Philly, that's why I was headed there earlier when John picked me up on the road. Also by the look of the visions I had he's in a place very familiar to him...his throne room in the East Wing of the mansion." Louis added, as he recalled the images that had come to him earlier. "I'm afraid that if we desire to wipe out my father we are Eastward bound." he said looking to Fran, hoping he would change his mind, not that he had much choice, his kind had just as much to lose as the humans.

9. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

"Well for me i cant really do anything unarmed so i know i cant really do much so i am going back to the smithery, it isnt far from here. That and i can probably go and grab some more things that were left from the war. It could prove useful to us."

The young woman nodded her head at Mavik's answer. "I understand, Mavik. You do need a weapon, if you're gonna survive. And thank you for the extra things." She smiled. Then she glanced at Louis, who began to speak.

"If I know my father he'd be heading to an area that's heavily populated, the more humans the more he can kill. He doesn't care anymore, he'll just keep killing until the last humanis either dead or turned, then he'll start on the werewolves." Louis said, looking at both Allene and Fran. "He'll likely be on the East Coast, not in the Mid-West, the Mid-West isn't as heavily populated, he'll also likely head to a city, probably with a port, or a major transit system. He could very well be headed for New York City, Boston, Philidephia or possibly Washington D.C. He'll be after major targets."

Allene couldn't believe it. If the Vampire Lord killed or turned those innocent people, probably along with other minions, then it would be too late for the world.

After Louis spoke, Allene closed her eyes sadly, and looked down. "Eastward bound it is. After we go to Mavik's place to get his weapons tomorrow night, then we'll track down the Vampire Lord. Keep watch on the News on TV though. It might help us more." She yarned and looked at the clock. It was now 1:20 am.

She stood up, and closed the curtains, just in case the Sun didn't hit on Louis and Vince's skin. Then she collapsed on the bed tiredly. "I call... for the bed..." Allene said, closing her eyes.

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Vince Seward
    Hotel Room

[i]"I call... for the bed..." Allene said, closing her eyes.[/i]

"Fine by me," Vince thought aloud, looking around the room. That made for two of the humans asleep, one human presumably getting sleepy, and the three "monsters" still fairly wide awake. He checked the guns one more time, before he felt an odd sensation.

He'd forgotten that he had his phone set to "vibrate". And, apparently, he had a call. "Excuse me for a moment, if you would," Vince said, getting up and heading for the door. Second ring. He left the room and walked out into the night. Third ring. He pulled the phone out and flipped it open. "I told you I'm on vacation..."

[i]"Yes, you did,"[/i] the voice on the other side replied. Only it sounded different, the electronic scrambler was gone. The voice seemed vaguely familiar. [i]"And, as promised you get two more days of vacation."[/i]

"Well, good, I'm glad we reached that underst-..."

[i]"Cut the chatter. I know what you're up to, Vincent Quincey Seward, and I do not take kindly to traitors."[/i] Vince gulped. Now he recognized the voice. And this was certainly not good.

[i]"If the Chosen One is still alive by the time your 'vacation' is over, I'll make sure that neither of you live much longer."[/i]

"You will try. But I'm not so easily defeated!" Vince countered, an anger in his voice, "Besides, [i]he's[/i] on our side..."

[i]"That is irrelevant. Louis will come back to me on his own, willingly, or he will die. In the meantime, I'm sure you're familiar with the Archerons, or you will be, at the least.

"Three days, Vincent Seward. Three days."[/i] The phone clicked off. Vincent dropped it in horror.

"Th-the Archerons..." he stammered. "So I've been working for...

"I've been working for the Vampire Lord!"

[b]TAG:[/b] Louis, Fran, Mavik (But only if they followed Vince out)

11. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

Louis had seen Vince step out, a bit worried he followed him. "Vince you okay?" he asked, then he heard it the word 'Archerons' escaped Vince's lips. His face was contorted in a state of horror. "Vince please tell me that wasn't my father. Please tell me that I didn't hear those last few words come out of your mouth." he said, the shock of what he'd just heard taking hold, nearly choking him in fear. "We need to move, and move now. The Archerons are my fathers most elite squad of mercenaries, they will kill anything, and then they'll destroy everything a good hundred miles around their target." Louis said as he went over to Vince, placing his hands on his shoulders and clenching his hands slightly. "We need to get Allene, Mavik, John, and Fran out of here, if we don't everyone will be destroyed." he said he then stepped back as he realized the only reason that his father would know Vince's number.

"You worked for my father, didn't you?" he said more than he asked. Not that Louis was surprised, of course his father would be funding the erasure of the human race, even if he was using Vince to accomplish it. "And I bet he wants you to do his dirty work again, namely kill Allene and bring me to him, or does he think I'll go home willingly." Louis said, that would be how his father would think, the crowned prince would only ever obey his father. "Well clearly my father underestimates the strength of a connection between a mother and child, because I will die before I blindly obey my father, and I will personally kill myself before I let my mother's dying wish go unfulfilled. My father must die, and you must help me and Allene do it. He can't be allowed to use us as puppets, or to destroy the world." Louis said he then took out his own phone and dialed a few numbers. if he could he may be able to yet reach his mother's side of the family, they all shared the same ideals and may be able help hold back the Archerons. He hung up his phone and looked back at Vince.

"I am truly sorry, if it weren't for my father you wouldn't have to suffer the way you do, but please don't let him intimidate you. I called those vampires left who could still help us, they'll see if they can't intercept the Archerons and hold them off long enough for us to get in and take out my father." Louis said. "I trust them, they are the only family I could ever trust, they are from my mother's side and they are very powerful in their own right, and they detest the way my father has run things, they will help us." he added. "But still we need to move, I know we can't tonight, but as soon as the sun rises we must move, we have no alternative, it will cause us pain but it's the only way to travel safely. We must tell Allene and the others." he said he then turned to walk in to the room, but then he turned and embraced Vince. "I am truly sorry, I wish I could do more but I can't." he said, tears forming in his eyes. He knew the terrible things the his father must have made him do, it was no wonder why money was the only thing he cared about now. A single tear fell onto Vince's shirt and Louis stepped back again, chuckling and wiping his eyes.

"If my father could see me now." he said, both laughing and cringing at the same time. "Sorry that I turned into a faucet on you there." he continued, dabbing at the wet spot on Vince's jacket with a handkerchief. Louis then got a little more serious. "Now let's go and warn the others. I know the Archerons can't get here too soon, if we leave tomorrow morning we should get a good half a day on them, enough time for my mother's family to block them, and enough time for us to infiltrate the mansion and 'remove' daddy-kins from the throne." he added walking back to the hotel room. He just hoped his father's threats weren't enough to frighten Vince into submission.

TAG: Vince

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Outside the Hotel Room

[i]"Now let's go and warn the others. I know the Archerons can't get here too soon, if we leave tomorrow morning we should get a good half a day on them, enough time for my mother's family to block them, and enough time for us to infiltrate the mansion and 'remove' daddy-kins from the throne." he added walking back to the hotel room. He just hoped his father's threats weren't enough to frighten Vince into submission.[/i]

Vince didn't follow, he merely stood there, his fists clenched in a mixture of fear and anger. Anger at himself for not realizing sooner. And anger at the vampire lord for playing him into this game. "I..." he stammered, staring at the ground. "[b]I can't come with![/b]"

"Don't you get it?" Vince started, taking a step forward. "Why does he know where we are? Me." He picked up the phone, and tore it open. The insides were perfectly normal. "There's no GPS or anything odd about this phone, and yet..." He threw the pieces on the ground to emphasize his point. "And yet he always knew my exact location on every mission! He's tracking [i]me[/i]! Not my phone, not my scarf, not even my handguns! Hell, I don't even know [i]how[/i] he tracks me!"

"So as long as I'm with you guys, he'll always know where we are! We'll never stand a chance!"

He drew out one of his guns and pointed it at Louis. "And who's to say that he can't just control me? Can't just force me to pull out my gun like this and..." He lowered the weapon. "Well, you get the idea. As long as I'm with you, you're in danger, and Allene's in danger. [i]Especially[/i] Allene's in danger! She's not a vampire or werewolf or even a trained vampire hunter like my brother! I can't... I [i]won't[/i] risk hurting her." Tears started welling up in his eyes.

He turned around and started for the exit. "I know what you said about running away from my problems, and I appreciate all the help you've given me. But..."

He glanced back at Louis. "But this is something I have to do alone. Two days from now the Archerons are going to kill me if the Chosen One's not dead. So... I don't anticipate that I'll come back."

He gave his trademark smirk, only this time it seemed more sullen, an obvious sadness weighing on him. "Take care of my brother, Louis. [i]And[/i] yourself. And most importantly...

"Please, take care of Allene. For me." He opened the door and started off.

[b]TAG:[/b] Louis

[hr]
    [b][i]IC: John Seward[/b]
    Asleep on the Couch[/i]
    [hr]
    Fast asleep on the couch of the hotel room, for reasons he wasn't consciously aware of or would ever recall, John shed a tear and muttered something unintelligible. He sounded pleading.

13. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

He'd watched everyone from the chair. He was exhausted but his instincts wouldn't let him fall asleep in a room with two vampires and Fran couldn't blame them.
    So Vince worked for the Vampire Lord? There really were no words for how suprised Fran wasn't. Also the group was planning on going east. That posed a problem if Fran wanted to see if that necklace did what he thought it could. Althought there might be a couple of packs still operating to the east that he could try and get in touch with. His father's wasn't, but there were others.
    However this group needed a few good slaps of reality first before they could go anywhere. Getting up he went out the door and followed Vince.
    "Hey!" He shouted, grabbing the vampire's shoulder and making Vince face him.
    "Question: do you have any full conclusive proof the Vampire Lord can control you? answer: not really. So stop being so darn melodramatic. Now personally I couldn't care less what you did, but there are people in that room back there who, for some reason I can't grasp, trust you. Do you want your brother to go off the edge like he did before? I'm guessing not. Now, you get back in there, say some mushy apology to stay with them and if you do start going posessed puppet then I'll rip you apart personally. How about it?"

TAG: Vince, any

14. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"As to how he's tracking you, is there anything he ever gave you as payment, anything outside the realm of money? If that's the case I suggest burning it immediately. Short of him turning you himself there isn't ay other way he could track you unless it was a GPS of some sort. The only reason he knows where I am is because we, regretably, share the same blood. But I know he didn't turn you, he doesn't turn anyone, he kills, that's his thing." Louis said. "As for the Archerons I told you my mother's clan will be able to stop them in their tracks. My mother's clan is even older than my father's they are more powerful than his Archerons, they should be able to handle them. Besides, it would be boring without you in the group." Louis added walking over to Vince.

An idea suddenly came to his mind. "Hang on, my father can't tell where I am all the time, that's the one thing that's always driven him insane was my ability to mask my presense from him, even in the mansion. Vince, maybe you can try doing the same. First off you need to figure out how my father could track you, then focus on that and make that connection fuzzy to the point that it can no longer be used. I've used it every time I've run from home during one of father's feasts. Maybe you can use it to disconnect yourself from my father's mental network." Louis added, he didn't wnat Vince to go, he knew that if Vince left he'd be in greater danger than if he'd stayed. The Archerons would see to that, they wouldn't care if Vince had killed Allene or not, they'd kill Vince first then take care of the 'Chosen One' themselves.

"Not to mention you know better than any of us how to infiltrate a building, I know the weak spots, but you know how to use them, I now all of the secret entrances to the family estate, but I don't know the proper ways to utilize them. You do." Louis said walking to the vampire's side. "Plus you skimp out now you'll only be able t oget a fraction of what I offered you. My dad might shell out, what a hundred thousand for one kill, I've offered you half the Codroy fortune, which dwarfs anything my dad would pay you considerably. Then you could use that money find a cure for people who became vampires. Wouldn't you prefer that, be able to live amongst those you love again. Hell if it worked well enough I'd take it, the ability to walk around, they ability to have something with garlic in it for dinner, hell being able t owalk by a church without feel like I'm walking on coals." Louis added with a soft grin. "Come on, if you leave now you'll be in just as much danger as if you stayed with us, if not more so." he continued.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The Exit Door

[i]"Hey!" [Fran] shouted, grabbing the vampire's shoulder and making Vince face him.
    "Question: do you have any full conclusive proof the Vampire Lord can control you? answer: not really. So stop being so darn melodramatic. Now personally I couldn't care less what you did, but there are people in that room back there who, for some reason I can't grasp, trust you. Do you want your brother to go off the edge like he did before? I'm guessing not. Now, you get back in there, say some mushy apology to stay with them and if you do start going posessed puppet then I'll rip you apart personally. How about it?"[/i]

Vince stared at the werewolf unable to reply. It was true that the others trusted him, and that his brother probably would do better with him here. On the other hand, it was also true that the group would be in severe danger if he stayed here.

[i]"As to how he's tracking you, is there anything he ever gave you as payment, anything outside the realm of money? If that's the case I suggest burning it immediately. Short of him turning you himself there isn't ay other way he could track you unless it was a GPS of some sort. The only reason he knows where I am is because we, regretably, share the same blood. But I know he didn't turn you, he doesn't turn anyone, he kills, that's his thing."

"Hang on, my father can't tell where I am all the time, that's the one thing that's always driven him insane was my ability to mask my presense from him, even in the mansion. Vince, maybe you can try doing the same. First off you need to figure out how my father could track you, then focus on that and make that connection fuzzy to the point that it can no longer be used. I've used it every time I've run from home during one of father's feasts. Maybe you can use it to disconnect yourself from my father's mental network."[/i]

"That's what bothers me," Vince muttered, taking Fran's hand off his shoulder. "He [i]wasn't[/i] the one who turned me, and he never pays me directly, always through a bank account. So I haven't got a clue how he's doing it." He glanced at his scarf. No, it couldn't be. He had bought that scarf from an independent group, commissioned it [i]personally[/i]. No one knew about it. Or, apparently, so he had thought.

"It's got to be..." He pulled the scarf off. "But if that's the case..."

His hands trembled at the thought. How could he have been so naive? And now what could they do? The scarf was almost certainly what had the GPS unit, but that merely posed an additional problem. "Why couldn't it have been something else...?" he groaned.

"That settles it, I can't stay here. Not as long as I have the scarf. And I'll always have this scarf." He clenched it in his right hand and shook it in the direction of Louis and Fran. "What was I thinking having this thing [i]made[/i]?! To think it would backfire on me like this..."

He glanced at Louis. "Unless you know how to stop an electronic transmitter embedded in your neural networks..." he half-mocked. He laughed. "Thought I was so freaking brilliant, having them magically imbed my neurons into this thing for better control. Now, I've got a fully functioning transmitter that I can't abandon or destroy."

In one swift motion he tossed the scarf to the ground and whipped out his shotgun, pointing it at the wretched thing. "I suppose this is the last alternative..." he thought aloud, hands trembling. "But heck, I don't even know what's going to happen once I pull this..." He squeezed back on the trigger slightly. "Well, say goodbye to the others, just in case."

If he was right, he was most likely going to die when the blast tore the scarf to shreds. If he was wrong, there was still a chance... But, then again, he was never wrong, was he?

Vince pulled back on the trigger. There was a thunderclap as the scarf was torn to shreds. Almost immediately he buckled over to his knees and started coughing up blood.

"Me and my big mouth..." he managed to hack out. He lost quite a bit of blood extremely rapi

16. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Allene Blair, Sleeping in Hotel room, Southern countryside of Ohio

Allene slept peacefully on the bed with the covers wrapped around her. As she slept, she dreamt of an amazing thing. She met someone she never thought she would...

It was light all around Allene. The place was luminous and calm. As she looked around, a bright figure appeared before Allene. It looked like a man with shoulder-length blond hair and beard, A white suit, and glowing eyes. He smiled at Allene. "Hello, young one."

Allene gasped. "Woah. Am I in... Heaven?"

"No," the man chuckled heartily, "But you could say that. You are in the Realm of Light. Where all the pure hearted warriors meet together."

The young woman squinted her eyes. "But... I'm not a warrior yet."

The man smiled. "I know, Allene. But you will be. Someday. Now, there are matters we have to discuss though. I am Joey Blair, your ancestor."

Allene couldn't believe it. This man was her ancestor! But now she had to listen to what he had to say...

"My dear child. There's not much time. You and your friends must stop the Vampire Lord, before he destroys all humanity. Mankind was the first to walk this Earth. And they will be the last. You, Allene, must lead the fight against the Vampire Lord."

"But... how can I? He's becoming more powerful," The young woman said, sadly.

Joey walked towards her, but Allene didn't move. "Dear Allene. The pendant you wear was made by me. I blessed it with light and power by placing a single diamond inside the Sun's layer."

Of course! Not only the Sun and Moon shone, but that tiny diamond in the
    middle of the Sun made it shine. Allene smiled.

"But remember this, Allene. Open your heart and mind to the pendant. Not only will it shine... it will make you into something more incredible," Joey said, placing a hand on where her heart was and a hand on her forehead. "Now, you must go. One of your friends is about to leave. He fears for you. Because he cares about your safety..."

After the dream, Allene awoke, gasping one name that came to her mind...

"Vince!"

She got out of bed, leaving her purple cloak on it, and ran out to find Vince, barefooted. Suddenly, she saw where Louis, Fran, and Vince were. But Vince was on the ground!

"VINCE!!!" Allene ran towards them, knelt by Vince's side, and cradled him in her arms. "Please don't die. Please..." She placed her forehead with his...

Tag: Fran, Louis, Mavik, and Vince

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

[i]Darkness. Absolute, total, all-encompassing. Not at all like the last time this sort of thing happened.

"Did it work...?" Vince groaned, an intangible quality to his voice. Intangible and surrounded by darkness? This time he might really have died.

[b]"VINCE!!!"[/b]

There was a voice again. It wasn't his mother's voice, but it was a woman's. She sounded upset. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked.

[b]"Please don't die. Please..."[/b]

Don't die? Wait, he wasn't dead yet? Then where on Earth was he? And who's voice was that?

His forehead felt warm. "Okay, I'm officially confused," he remarked, and that's when he saw the glow. It was far off at first, but then it drew closer, and closer.

"Sunlight?" he gasped in horror, recoiling. Now it was coming in from all directions. No, it must have been... the light at the end of the tunnel.

"So this is the end, then..." he cursed, gritting his teeth. Still fangs. "Sorry guys, I guess I wasn't much help after all..."

The light enveloped him completely. It was warm.[/i]
    [hr]
    Vince blinked his eyes wearily. Allene's forehead was pressed to his, and he seemed to be lying in her arms... But how had he gotten here? And what had happened to the light?

Then it came flooding back: The phone call, the scarf, the desperate bid he'd made. He grinned tiredly: He would have lost that bet.

"Hey," he greeted, his voice clearly exhausted, "Sorry if I worried you, Allene."

"I acted a bit stupid right then..."

[b]TAG:[/b] Allene, Louis, Fran

18. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

What on earth did these people think they were doing?
    "It's a scarf! It's a piece of material you can probably get for ten bucks! Who neurologically bonds themselves to a scarf for goodness' sake?" He said. He wasn't going to offer sympathy, because it was Vince's own fault for being so attached to a scarf of all things.
    "Let's get him inside and rested. Since Louis over here said there are people who can take care of these Anecdotes or whatever they're called then they're not the issue we need to be worrying about. But if you all insist on moving as soon as possible, I can look around for some paint we can use to block out the windows on the military type's bus and we can use that. Then we can start heading east."
    He turned back to the hotel room before turning back as something occured to him.
    "Hang on," he said, pointing at Louis, "You're a vampire named Louis. A vampire. Named Louis. Interesting to see the Vampire Lord has a sense of humour I suppose." He said, then walking back to the room.

TAG: any

19. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Allene Blair, by Exit Door of Hotel, Southern countryside of Ohio

Allene continued to sob, until she heard a familiar voice.

"Hey," he greeted, his voice clearly exhausted, "Sorry if I worried you, Allene. I acted a bit stupid right then..."

The young woman looked down at Vince, and smiled. Then she hugged him tightly. "Oh, Vince... I... I thought you were gone." She wiped her tears happily. "Do me a favor. Never die on me," Allene said, smiling. She then looked up at Fran.

"It's a scarf! It's a piece of material you can probably get for ten bucks! Who neurologically bonds themselves to a scarf for goodness' sake?"

Allene looked at Vince's scarf that was on thr floor. It looked like it had bullet holes in it. "What happened to his scarf?" she wondered to herself.

"Let's get him inside and rested. Since Louis over here said there are people who can take care of these Anecdotes or whatever they're called then they're not the issue we need to be worrying about. But if you all insist on moving as soon as possible, I can look around for some paint we can use to block out the windows on the military type's bus and we can use that. Then we can start heading east."

Allene would have to talk to everyone about what was going on. But Fran was right. First, they had to get Vince into bed to rest. The young woman began to pick Vince up, carefully. She looked up at Louis. "Help me, Louis. Vince is hurt badly..."

Tag: Fran, Louis, and Vince

20. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Absolutely." Louis said, and almost as if by command helped hoist Vince up. He then looked over his shoulder at Vince. "I know it was a good scarf and all, but who the hell, vampire or other, fuses there own body to a god damn scarf." Louis said laughing, the very idea was absolutley ludicrous to him. "Well to each his own I guess. Now let's get you inside, get you a meal, and get you to bed. I'll go see what I can find outside, It'll probably be animal blood, hope you don't mind." he added as he helped Allene lay him down on the sofa in the hotel room. "I'll be back." he continued, he then bolted out the door.

Louis returned a few minutes later with a few I.V. bags full of a deep red liquid. "Go figure in a town this small I actually found a hospital with a blood bank. Here ya go Vince." he said handing one over to his fellow vampire, the label reading O+. "Myself I think it would be best if I took this elsewhere, present company and all." he added as he went into the ajoining bathroom and drank down one of the other bags he'd managed to acquire, also O+. He washed his face of the blood and then rejoined the others. "There, not exactly the best hospital food I've had, but it'll do." he said attempting to make a joke, but he didn't figure anyone would appreciate after he'd heard it himself. "Sorry, bad joke, really bad joke." he said, proceeding to hit himself upside the head in punishment for his apparent idiocy.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

[i]"Do me a favor. Never die on me," Allene said, smiling.[/i]

"I'll do my best," Vince grinned. He turned to Fran: "And it wasn't just [i]any[/i] scarf, or did you forget what I used it for?" He sighed. "Still, I suppose it wasn't one of my better ideas."

[i]"I know it was a good scarf and all, but who the hell, vampire or other, fuses there own body to a god damn scarf." Louis said laughing, the very idea was absolutley ludicrous to him.[/i]

Vince gave his fellow vampire a rather nasty, if understanding, look. "Hey, I [i]had[/i] to do that for the wing trick to work. It was part of my aesthetic!" He chuckled, as they laid him down on the couch. "But, sheesh, I suppose you're right: Regular old scarf next time."

[i]"Go figure in a town this small I actually found a hospital with a blood bank. Here ya go Vince."[/i]

"Type 'O+'? Been a while, been a while..." Vince reminisced aloud. "Still, I'm parched..." He turned his head to hide the side of quickly downing the blood, before wiping his mouth on his long glove sleeve. Unlike the scarf, the gloves were more function than form, having been made with a semi-absorbent material by himself. Nonetheless, with the scarf gone, he wondered if it was time for a new look.

He also wondered where his priorities were. "That was an incredibly bad joke," he remarked aloud at Louis' comment. [i]There[/i], he mentally congratulated himself, [i]back on track[/i].

[b]TAG[/b] Any

22. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

So Vince was willing to put himself in deadly harm for the sake of an aesthetic? Fran wanted to say somehting snide, but surely there was a limit on how many times you could call someone stupid in one night.
    He turned away in disgust as Louis pulled out blood bags. They could only kid themselves for so long. Vampires were vampires and that was that.
    "I'm gonna make a start on blacking out those bus windows. Give me a yell if we get attacked by Lestat or something equally dumb."
    He grabbed one of the guns and stuck it in the back of his pants. Walking up and down the length of the motel Fran got a distinct Norman Bates vibe, and eventually found the storage cupboard. Taking a run-up he broke the door to take a look round. There was an assembly of paint cans in the corner, with four of them being dark enough to block out the windows effectively for vampire transportation. It'd take a while but Fran decided as he picked up the cans and a brush that if he couldn't sleep he might as well do something useful.

TAG: any

23. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Allene Blair, Hotel room, Southern countryside of Ohio

Looking at her friends, Allene smiled silently to herself, as she sat on the bed. It was good to see that Vince was now okay. She was also glad to see Louis be a part to track down the Vampire Lord. His own father. John and Mavik, being humans along with her, were also willing to help out. Even Fran, being the only werewolf to fight for his own people. But remembering what her ancestor said in her dream made Allene realize that it was the time to face any danger that encountered her. But what did Joey mean when he said that someday she'll become a warrior?

"I'm gonna make a start on blacking out those bus windows. Give me a yell if we get attacked by Lestat or something equally dumb."

Allene giggled. "Okay, Fran. Be careful out there." Then she turned to look at Vince. "Vince? There's something I've been meaning to ask you. You were about to leave. Why?" Her voice was both curious and soft. But she had to know the truth...

Tag: Fran, Louis, Mavik (if he's not asleep), and Vince

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Hotel Room

[i]Allene giggled. "Okay, Fran. Be careful out there." Then she turned to look at Vince. "Vince? There's something I've been meaning to ask you. You were about to leave. Why?" Her voice was both curious and soft. But she had to know the truth... [/i]

Vince bit his lower lip, a look of mild anxiety crossing over his features. How had she found [i]that[/i] out? He glanced over at Fran and Louis. He hadn't seen them converse with her, so that was out of the question. Which, unfortunately, just made it quite a bit more difficult. Frustrated, he gave up on that particular topic: He had had enough mysteries for one night.

Sighing, he straightened up slightly in his seated position. "It's because... well... You remember what Vince said, about how the Vampire Lord knew where we were? I... I think it was my fault."

"It seems I... used to... work for him. [i]Used to[/i]. He called me up personally, and said they were sending a bunch of really powerful mercenaries after us unless I..." He didn't want to say this part. But he was tired of denying things. "Unless I killed you."

He clenched his fists in frustration. "I... there was no way I was going to do that. And I had no idea how he was tracking me. So I had to leave. I had to... I had to make sure he couldn't use me to find you, or kill you, or..." He stopped for a moment. He was still afraid of the other possibility. That the Vampire Lord could somehow control him, make him hurt Allene. It was baseless, really, unless he used Yvette.

What if he did use Yvette? Vince was momentarily horrified. He hadn't even considered that possibility. He shook it off, he couldn't think that way. He had to be strong, especially in front of...

"Anyway, Louis was the one who made me realize how I was being tracked. That scarf I always wear." He pointed to his neck, which was now bare and revealed the twin bite scars he still bore. "It wasn't [i]just[/i] for aesthetic, you know."

"Granted, I didn't think it'd be so much trouble: I needed a way to cover large distances quickly, so the wings seemed like a good idea. In order to make it work they had to magically link me to the scarf. But it seems the Vampire Lord got to the scarf, too, and had a tracking device installed."

"It came down to two options: Run and die, or destroy the scarf and probably die. So I chose the latter because... well, I've got my reasons," he smiled. "Heck, if it wasn't for you, I'm not sure I would've survived that. So I guess I owe you big time."

He finished, and paused to await her response. He knew it was a lot of stuff to digest, and he still hadn't fully accepted it all himself, so he wasn't sure what her response would be.

He wasn't sure what he [i]wanted[/i] her response to be, either.

[b]TAG:[/b] Allene

25. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Allene Blair, Hotel room, Southern countryside of Ohio

Allene sat there on the bed, staring at Vince, speechlessly. Then she looked down, shaking her head sadly. How could Vince work for the Vampire Lord? And could the Vampire Lord place a tracking device on his trusty scarf? Then there were vampire mercenaries...

The young woman got up, and sat beside Vince. Then she sighed calmly. "Vince... everything you told me... I believe you. I just can't believe how the Vampire Lord would trick you into doing something like this. But it's not your fault, Vince. You didn't know. I don't care what happens to me. I'm worried for you guys. The Vampire Lord may kill me, but there'll be thousands more that'll take my place."

She looked up at Vince and smiled. "I care about you, Vince. You may not know it, but I do. I'm really concerned for you the most, because I can see that you're struggling. Struggling to see if you'll listen to the Vampire Lord and kill me... or save the Earth for the good cause." Allene placed her hand on his. "You have a heart and choice, Vince. I don't mind if I fall. Maybe others out there, even Louis and the others here, might take my place. Especially Louis. He's blessed with a powerful light, equal to mine's. But know this. I will always care for you. No matter what happens."

Allene smiled warmly. She became unaware that she still had her hand on his hand.

Tag: Vince

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.