Fanclub Dawn of the Jedi Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Oct 13, 2011.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    It was [link=http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34902]announced that John and Jan[/link] are going to be doing a new series called Dawn of the Jedi. Since there are quite a few of us who are fans of the duo I figured I'd start a FC for us to speculate and get excited about this new series.

Also looking for predictions on which character we all fall in love with.

Who is excited?1?!

[image=http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1318539058.jpg]
  2. Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  3. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    Joining!!!

To quote from elsewhere (as I love this quote):

4. tjace Jedi Master

star 4
    Sign me up. I leave the boards for a couple of days, and I get back to the best double surprise ever. :D
  5. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm in:D

Spoiler me the lot of ya' though. Cause I wanna know and I doubt I'll ever get these unless someone down the road can show me the comics and that they are awesome. Local comic scene is ugh and so I never got into it.

I wonder though if this is before or after the Jedi begin taking to the stars/galaxy at large and meet the Caamasi.[face_thinking]
  6. Black-Dog Jedi Knight

star 4
    After dropping Invasion, and giving up on the Clone Wars show during season 3, I was afraid that I might eventually quit on Star Wars altogether like I did with Marvel's comics. But hearing that Team Win is back with this new series, my faith has been renewed. I completely agree with Havac in the lit forum:

I hope it's like John'n'Jan's previous works, where they had characters saying and doing stuff. :D
  7. nostalgia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    This is my first time even hearing about this series, and I definitely want in. I had planned to start reading into the furthest depths of BBY after I caught up on everything that takes place ABY, and where better to start than the Dawn of The Jedi?
  8. Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling

star 3
    To paraphrase C.S. Lewis when he was invited to join an "anti progress club," I don't feel that I need to join, since it could be said that I was born into this club ;)

Been waitin' on this since '77: Bring It On!!!
  9. Darth McClain Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Playing through TOR during this beta period made me more excited for this series. Is it out yet? :p
  10. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Less than a month away now!!!

*hops around excitedly*

I hope. Any new recently?
  11. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Jan linked to these pretties on facebook.
    [link=http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/797/star-wars-friday-dawn-jedi-sketches]
    Dawn sketches[/link]

=P~
  12. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
  13. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    All I care about is that Red Sith, and whomever built the Tython System.

This series has a definite Legacy/Firefly feel to me thus far, and it hasn't even started yet! :cool:
  14. Micro_Chip Jedi Knight

Sign me up! So excited for DotJ. =)
  15. GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    So when exactly does Dawn of the Jedi come out???? Definitely gonna get it!!!!
  16. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    [LINK=http://io9.com/5877147/an-exclusive-sneak-peek-of-dawn-of-the-jedi-the-mysterious-new-star-wars-comic]Preview![/link]

Oooooh.

:cool:
  17. Micro_Chip Jedi Knight

Issue 0 is out 1st of February and issue 1 is 15th of January I think. And these are the US dates so if you're somewhere else like me it will obviously take a bit longer to come out.
  18. Darth McClain Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Issue 1 actually comes out on February 15, not January 15. Really cool preview!
  19. GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Nice!!!!! Thanks you guys!!!!
  20. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
  21. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Ok anyone pick up Issue #0? I got mine today. We've got some character names and places which is fun. I have a bone to pick with Wookieepedia since they cut off most of the picture of Sek'nos Rath.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120202131154/starwars/images/thumb/0/03/Sek%27nos_Rath2.jpg/250px-Sek%27nos_Rath2.jpg]

The abs are to die for and I can't believe they cut them off!

Shae Koda (aka new Cade in female form, Orphan, reckless)
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120202131342/starwars/images/thumb/b/ba/Shae_Koda2.jpg/250px-Shae_Koda2.jpg]

Tasha Ryo (intriguing character with force defense abilities. I don't recall seeing this a lot so I can't wait to see how she is used!)
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120202130812/starwars/images/thumb/3/34/Tasha_Ryo2.jpg/250px-Tasha_Ryo2.jpg]
  22. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Tasha looks like a Nightsister?
  23. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    I'm pumped!

I love how the story started. John's ability to give the reader more background information through use of a story to two young characters really made me smile. I always fear with comics that I get lost easily because I don't have enough word information so I definitely appreciated the way this story started. I really enjoyed the artwork. I loved the details of Trill's outfit as well as the ninja hound (idk how to pronounce Xesh so I'm going to think of him as ninja hound).

I was heartbroken when Legacy ended and I still fear not liking this new series as much but this first issue is a step in the right direction.
  24. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So...
    Warfare is like it was in the 16th century? We have swords and huge canons on space ships by the look of things.
  25. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    Well, we now have a novel and covers for the next arc, Prisoner of Bogan. Gonna be awesome :)
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth