main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Fanclub Dawn of the Jedi Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Oct 13, 2011.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd have loved to meet the Daritha of the Infinite Empire.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hmmmm. Assuming there was one, or assuming it was not a red skinned Sith at the heart of the Infinite Empire...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 2, 2003
    Half breed perhaps? A scandalous Rakatan/Sith hybrid who fought to showcase superiority and no further questioning over his/her heritage while they went on to become Daritha of the Infinite Empire and thereby the most powerful person in the galaxy of the era.

Dun dun dunn...

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Soa fits some of those ideas... But he was 27,700 BBY.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    So why I have missed this fan club, IDK. Please do not force kick me to Bogan. I was so bummed when the series was cancelled. Still my most fave EU. Finally doodled my first bit of fan art tonight...

[​IMG]

6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2016
    I doubt there were any Sith or Sith hybrids at the top of Rakatan society. The Rakatans were especially not kind to species that resisted them.

Though a Sith Je'daii was a fascinating concept.

Master_Lok likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well Soa led a rebellion against the Infinite Empire with the aid of the Infernal Council, which included Sith that betrayed Adas. His ‘Infernal Empire’ stretched from Korriban around the Outer Rim to Belsavis. In my mind he made a deal with Adas thus him mastering Sithspawn techniques and having amplified Force powers in an era when Rakata were losing Force strength and skills.

Xo, Alzoc III and Seylott being among his holdings, beyond Korriban itself. His rule would post-date the evacuation of Korriban for Ziost (or perhaps he precipitated it) and possibly his territory included the proto-Sith worlds such as Tund and Arbra.

8. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    I didn't dislike this series, but I thought it was the weakest of the Ostrander/Duursema works.

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    True. I wonder if that was because they had to wrap up early due to canon apocalypse. But yes, while interesting, it was also a bit derivative of their other series.

However, I do wish the NEU would produce some Ostrander/Duursema story.

spicer likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Seems the skill Force Shadow in DotJ was also the skill that Luke used in TLJ.

Also the Phantom skill in Betrayal and the doppelgänger skill Luke used in Dark Empire is one and the same.

Now that’s cool.

spicer likes this.
  11. spicer

spicer Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I guess we'll never know for sure how good this series could or would have been, but I'm sure it suffered because of the license loss and the canon reboot. I understand the criticism that this series was somewhat derivative of Republic and Legacy especially when it came to the characters, but I thought that the world building, setting and implementation of previously outlined lore was brilliant.

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yes, the amount of lore and exploration of some of the long standing mysteries of the SW history was great. I liked how Into the void played into that too. Though with the novel it seemed somewhat deliberately very open, like more was coming too.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2016
    More would have been coming I'm sure if the canon reboot had not happened.

But DOTJ was an interesting era for sure-utterly unconnected to the movies in a way that KOTOR and Legacy weren't even.