main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dawn of the Jedi-Prisoner of Bogan #5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    WOOOOO

RAKATA INVASION

Only thing I didn't like was how quickly Lok got taken out. This whole arc was him building an army and it kind of get's wrapped up really fast.

Any glad to see Xesh is with the je'daii

Am surprised to see Force wars involve an invasion, again thought this arc would build up Lok's Bogan army for Je'daii civil war.

Still interesting....

Bring on the Rakata!

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The lack of content on this thread surprises me

Danj likes this.
  3. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Agreed, Can someone please Spoil what happens????

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    A light side Rakata would be really cool in anything.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As long the Rakata don't loose their uniqueness.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No, go buy the comic/read it in a comic shop yourself! :p

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Hawk confesses to the council that he denied his vision, Lok is sent back to Bogan, Hawk's brother is revealed to have hired Lok to kill Hadiya, Xesh begins Jed'aii training, Rath is reunited with the Jed'aii, a conversation between Trill and Skal'nas reveals that Xesh is a spy for Skal'nas but doesn't remember it, both Skal'nas and the Jed'aii council decide to prepare for war.

8. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Thank you!!!

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You're welcome

10. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Which species had lost their uniqueness?

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I never said any have.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  13. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Or how about those Tho Yor mystery vessels that brought the jed,aii to Tython in the first place? What kind of wup ass do you think they can unleash?

14. Matthew78

Matthew78 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2006
    I think its entirely possible that The Celestials built them on purpose, to collect force sensitives from all across the galaxy for training, right around the time before that the Rakata and their Infinite Empire started expanding across the galaxy and conquering and enslaving worlds, they might have known that whatever instructions that they left inside of the Tho Yor would be enough to ensure that the people would use and embrace the Light Side of the force and seek to find balance, then eventually grow in numbers and expand across the stars, which would provide a strong future resistance movement to the Rakata, when they suddenly discovered this large group of force users with advanced training, that wielded mainly the Light Side and were also warriors themselves but that sought justice and peace, not war and conquest.

So the ancients might have built them and sent them out before the Infinite Empire, foreseeing a future where evil force users were everywhere, so they planted seeds to grow and unsurp them, knowing that an opposing side with different powers and intentions might be a threat to dark sides rise, but everything about the vessels suggests that they were built for the purpose of gathering people to learn about the force and to train and contemplate it, as well as to create a stronghold of good and Light that would extinguish the Dark in the future, notice how when the Je'Dai were collected they did not train to use the dark side but mainly the light side and frowned upon the dark side, so whoever built the ships was well intentioned and left instructions on how to seek peace and noble ways, not violence and destruction, anyone like that would be opposed to the Rakata, so you have to assume that just like the Kwa they knew about the Rakata and were taking future servants and slaves away from them, by sending them to be trained together in large numbers, no Rakata for example ended up on Tython at all so they seemed to avoid it deliberately, despite being attracted to planets with a lot of force users.

10,000 years or so pass since the time that the first force users came to Tython and the present time in the comics, the Kwa structures had been there for thousands of years before they arrived, so the Rakata probably emerged 15,000-10,000 years before the story started, leaving plenty of time for the Celestials or Kwa to build the ships to carry them to a hidden world in the Deep Core that only the Kwa knew about, where they could safely train and emerge whenever the force deemed the time was right, so it seems like those there were brought there to train and be a weapon against the Rakata in the future, basically the galaxys last hope against the Infinite Empire and Rakata, because they would resist and fight back and win in the long term, which nobody else was capable of doing yet.

Unless the Rakata won control over the entire galaxy and held it for thousands of years, when the Yuuzhan Vong arrived and invaded the galaxy, then the Infinite Empire would be screwed beyond belief, knowing that their force powers are useless against the aliens that do not exist in the force at all, either they lose and are slaughtered, or they fight back and lose a lot of battles before finally defeating the Vong and forcing them to submit, then the ruined galaxy finds peace as both sides are defeated and worn out, but thats a crappy way to win freedom.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I personally believe the Rakata and Vong to be related.

16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I wonder how a Vong- Rakata war would look.

I imagine the Rakata being unimpressed with Vong biotech "they fight us with food".

17. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Hope this series comes out in TPB too. Force Storm was pretty good.

18. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm curious to see if the Je'daii figure out how to power Forcesabers with the light side of the Force, rather than the dark side. I mean, you've got to figure with the Je'daii using the dark side to turn on those sabers and the Rakata doing the same... Tython is going to be a tad bit unpleasant as soon as one Rakata and one Je'daii face off. I suspect the Je'daii will have a rift in the midst of this with Rajivari going dark and taking a faction with him. And thus the factions align with light and dark sides... at least to keep the balance from the perspective of the light users. A Force storm is kicked off by one, ONE, dark sider in Force Storm. That's got to have implications not only for Tython, but for the entire universe from the Je'daii perspective... and it obviously does from a Saga perspective. 2 Sith are able to cause imbalance in the Force, while a whole order of Jedi 10,000 strong didn't. So I suspect Tython will be considered as a microcosm of the Force or the galaxy by the Je'daii.

19. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Note: ONE darksider didn't kick off the Force Storm in the first arc. It was the death of everyone on Tul'kar's ship when it crashed. The Rakata were all darksiders and the force sensitive prisoners they had were all channelling the dark side. So that's a lot of dark side energy. Xesh became the focus because he himself was so out of balance. Just pointing out.

-- JohnO

Cronal, Summer Dreamer, Esg and 2 others like this.
  20. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    I wouldn't be shocked to see a conflict with the Rakata be the very thing that drives Rajivari to gather his followers and carve out his principles. Assuming, of course, that the comics bother to touch on Rajivari.

21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Hummm that's a different view on things. I must admit when I read the comic it seemed like it was Xesh alone was responsible for the storm. The planet now seems a lot less 'unstable'

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's due in July /August

23. Matthew78

Matthew78 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2006
    What i want to know is, will the Rakata recognize the nine Tho Yor ships on the planet at all? they might have had some encounter with whoever used them or created them before, but there is the possibility that the Rakata will recognize the ships and figure out who made them and brought everyone to Tython.

24. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Depends on who created them. We already know there is a Kwa holocron and the Kwa-Rakata met according to the comic. So, it could mean that the Tho Yor are Kwa ships... alternatively, we know from the Essential Guide to Warfare that the Celestials and Rakata fought one another also. So, again, the Tho Yor might be Celestial vessels and they might recognise them. Entirely depends... or they might not know the ships but might know their creators.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If Skal'nas and Trill were behind the assasination of Tul'kar, why didn't Skal'nas know about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.