main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawn Over Endless Night (Z/OC, J/TK, J/J) UPDATE 2-5! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, good for Tahiri. I had forgotten about those two.

Oh, about Anja. Narundi's got her in a fic series. Also, -Tenel-Ka- has her...sorta in an old fic of hers.

And finally, I'm using her in a major way in my own fic 'Three New Sailor Senshi'. The link's in my sig. (Shameless plug, I know. Sorry.)

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Great chapter.

LUSA, IF THIS IS GOING TO BE R/T, I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU! :D

You are one crazy chick! :p ;)

have fun at the movies!

3. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Oh man, Phantom was awesome! I have decided that the Phantom is totally what Zekk would be like if he hadn't turned back from the dark side! (minus the whole face thing. Also, I can't quite see him living in the basement of an Opera House.) Really creepy and running around and killing people and stuff, but still madly in love with Jaina. Although Christine was nothing like Jaina, except for the brown hair part. I can't see Jaina hitting an e flat somehow. :p Anyway, it was good and you should all go see it so you can see that the Phantom is like Zekk!

Striker

Forgotte about Tahiri? Shame shame! :p I'll have to check out those other Anja fics! And feel free to plug away! :p

VC

Thanks! Glad you liked it! :)

LUSA, IF THIS IS GOING TO BE R/T, I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU!

You are one crazy chick!

R/T? *innocent look* What ever gave you that idea? :D Actually, I have a couple of plot reasons for wanting Tahiri to have not been at the ambush. Plus, I though it was kind of logical that she would be the only one who would know how to pull him back! :)

4. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Oh my goodness!

Is the Raynar/Tahiri fiction fever spreading further. First Fireyforce, then me and now you...

Yeeaaahhh!

Where's Fireyforce? He's going to want to see this...

(Runs out of the fic looking for Fireyforce)

Barefoot

5. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I am hoping we get ROTK for christmas!

Great post...... I just hope that Deirdra is ok cause she is kewl..... :D

6. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    Nice one!! I can't wait to see Phantom of the Opera. Hope i have time to go. MERRY CHRISMUKKAH!!!!! ~G

7. jade_saber8000

Oct 18, 2004
    You all disappeared!! Am I the only one with no social life who has time @ Christmas to post. GOd, this is sad. Oh yeah its like 2:30am PST. IT's 6 something here. *shakes you lazy people awake* WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BAKEY!!!!!!

8. jade_saber8000

Oct 18, 2004
    This is becoming rather one-sided neh? I'm beat. Havacupacoffee!!!! [face_coffee] Did anyone get that?

9. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Merry Christmas, all! :)

Barefoot

I haven't actually said if its going to be R/T yet! Then again, I haven't said it isn't, either! :p I've read Fireyforce's R/T fic, but I didn't know you wrote one! Can you post the link? :)

Mystralgurl

Thanks! Deirdra should be back soon, don't worry! :)

Gabby

[face_laugh] Well, good to know someone's up an awake! :) Phantom is awesome, and I still say everyone should go see it! :D

10. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    Nice post Lusa! Raynar and Tahiri? hmmm...interesting. Hi Gabby I'm here. :D

11. Ylesly

Ylesly Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 9, 2004
    cool post!!

Raynar and Tahiri??? sounds good,one of my fave pairings

12. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    Lusa! we got ROTK for christmas! we are going to watch the rest of the extended version tonight.... I can not wait!

UP!!

13. jade_saber8000

Oct 18, 2004
    Yay!!! You're all back! How were the holidays all? Mine rocked. And FW, yeah, i sorta figured. ~G

14. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Just a heads up everyone. Final voting for thw Awards is going on! The nominations are all here! And I'm not just plugging for myself! Mel, VC, and Striker are all nominated, plus a ton of other awesome authors, so check 'em out, if you have time! I think votes get PMed to Beyond_Awards_Sock! :)

FORCE-WIELDER1

Why thank you! Wait and see what happens! :)

Ylesly

Thanks! I'm glad everyone here seems to like R/T! :)

Mystralgurl

Enjoy ROTK! It's awesome!

15. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Alrighty then! An update at last! :)

Part 37

No matter where you go
    I will find you,
    if it takes a long, long time.
    No matter where you go
    I will find you,
    if it takes a thousand years.
    I Will Find You
    , Clannad, from The Last of the Mohicans

Tahiri finally finished her recap of the events of the past three years, and sat quietly for a moment, giving Raynar a chance to absorb it all. He was more than a little overwhelmed; it seemed almost impossible that the war could have ended in that time, and in such a way, but it had. His mind was whirling with dozens of questions, but before he could give voice to them, Tahiri frowned slightly, glancing at her wrist chrono. ?They should be back by now, don?t you think?? she asked.

He nodded, and the blonde girl stood. ?Well then, I suppose we?d better go check on them.? She stated matter-of-factly.

Raynar blinked. ?Are you sure? Won?t we mess up their ambush by going there??

She shook her head, a worried look in her eyes. ?No. Call it a feeling, but I think we should go check it out.? He nodded, slowly standing, leaning on the bed for support and wondering if he would be able to walk that far. Sensing his weakness, Tahiri hurried to his side, helping to support him as the exited the dark infirmary, and headed towards the Throne Room.

The Throne Room was, if anything, just as dark as the room they had vacated. It was also completely empty. Slipping out from under Raynar?s thin arm, Tahiri glanced around the room. She turned back to face him, and he blinked in surprise. Her green eyes had an odd, slightly alien look to them, something he could not quite describe, but which unnerved him nonetheless. Pulling out a comlink, she thumbed it on, and waited. A few moments later Jag?s voice, sounding slightly sleepy, emerged from it. ?Fel here.?

?Jag, its Tahiri.? She said crisply. ?I need you to get down to the Throne Room, if possible. Bring a portable scanner with you. You know, the kind that identifies fingerprints and such.?

He asked no questions, simply replying, ?I?m on my way.? Tahiri slipped the comlink back into her pocket, before glancing around the room again. After a moment she frowned slightly, and crossed to the throne that loomed at the opposite end of the large chamber. Raynar noted that even her gait had a strange fluidity to it, more predatory and dangerous than her usual way of moving. He supposed it must be a result of the Yuuzhan Vong part of her mind, because, despite her small stature and very human appearance, she seemed to fit right in with his memories of the invaders. It made him uneasy, but if it helped her discover what had happened to the other Jedi, then he would trust her to know what to do.

She reached the throne, and began to prowl around it slowly. He was distracted from watching her though, because, at that moment, the doors they had only recently entered through swung open. A tall, dark haired man, who Raynar assumed must be Jag, entered. He blinked in surprise at the sight of the recently coma-induced Jedi, but otherwise remained impassive as he approached the throne.

Looking back Raynar saw that Tahiri was now kneeling beside it, her face pressed close to one of the arms. She seemed to be smelling the wood, inhaling deeply as if tracking an illusive sent. Pulling out the scanner he had brought, Jag ran the small device over the other arm, where a few smudged fingerprints lingered on the shinning wood. He waited while it processed them, before revealing the results in a soft, hard voice. ?Ta?a Chume.?

Raynar nodded, remembering Tenel Ka?s scheming grandmother all to well. After a moment, Tahiri looked up, a strangely feral smile on her face. ?This throne smells of the sea. What do you want to bet they?re at the Reef Fortress?? It took Raynar a moment to recognize the name of the location the Solo twins, Lowie and Tenel Ka had stayed at shortly after the warrior girl had lost her arm.

Jag seemed to process the name at the same moment Raynar had. ?Wasn?t it destroyed a few years

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, suspenseful! Well, Reef Home fortress? Neat.

And if you're planning on checking out those Anja fics, Anja figures prominently in mine, but she doesn't show up until halfway through. Just in case you were wondering... [face_batting]

17. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    Ah, the second post will have to do. Very nice Lusa. I hope nothing bad has happened to the others, especially to Deirdra. :(

Gabby? Where r u?

18. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    YIKES!!! cliffie..... hope tahiri can find them...

is sniffing a yuuzhan-vong thing? or tusken....? I don't think I remember it being a Jedi custom, lol...

19. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    DUN DUN DUN!

This looks like a job for!

SuperTahiri!

Using her genetically modified supersenses, SuperTahiri sees, hears, and smells her way deep into enemy territory, solving even the most complicated mysteries.

And she makes a mean clam chowder!

:p

Great chappy, Lusa!

20. jade_saber8000

Oct 18, 2004
    I'm here, I'm here. Same old explanation. Too lazy to get up before noon. I'm not a morning person. Good postie. Clam CHowder?? UGGGGGGGGG I HATTTTEEEEE THAAATTTT STTTUUUUUFFFFF. *runs away* THE CHOWDER IS ATTACKING!!!! ACKK!!! *pulls out DL-44s* DIE CHOWDER DIE!!!! Well, now you all know that i'm a manic. Not really. Chowder is still nasty. *gross gagging noises* ~Gabs

21. jade_saber8000

Oct 18, 2004
    Ya, that was creepy. [face_love] Cesar! Ya, we're odd. Ya, i don't care. Ya, this ya thing is getting old. ~GGGGGAAAABBBBBSSSSSSS OUTTTT!!!

22. jade_saber8000

Oct 18, 2004
    Official Looking Dude: Miss Gabrielle Gilmore cannot be held responsible for anything hse does under the influence off cappucino and pringles. Please ignore any further oddball activities.
    :p

23. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    I'm back, and replying! Shoulda done this yesterday but I was...busy. :D

Striker
    Yup. I always liked that place! :) Thanks for the heads up about Anja, too. She'll be showing up in the next part, along with some twists! :)

FORCE-WIELDER1

Aw, second post is ok! :) You'll get to catch up with everyone else next post, fear not! :)

Mystralgurl

Fear not! Tahiri will save the day! :)

is sniffing a yuuzhan-vong thing? or tusken....? I don't think I remember it being a Jedi custom, lol...

Hehe. :) I was going for Vong, but it could probably be Tusken, too! Didn't think of that! :)

VC

Thanks! :)

Using her genetically modified supersenses, SuperTahiri sees, hears, and smells her way deep into enemy territory, solving even the most complicated mysteries.

And she makes a mean clam chowder!

[face_laugh] Hehehe! Makes me laugh! :) But she's super! You forgot to include the 'Up, up, and away!' part! :D

Gabby

Hehe! :) Oh dear. I don't really like clam chowder, either. It's not too bad, but it's not number one on my list of favorite foods! :D

24. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Lats post of the year guys! happy New Year! :)

Part 38

No good deed goes unpunished
    No act of charity goes unresented
    No good deed goes unpunished
    That's my new creed
    My road of good intentions
    Led where such roads always lead
    No good deed
    Goes unpunished!
    No good Deed
    , from Wicked

Anja barely listened as Ta?a Chume ranted happily, delighted with her capture of the Jedi, including her granddaughter. She nodded at the appropriate times, or murmured her agreement, but other than that paid no attention to the former Queen. From time to time her eyes flickered to the six bound and unconscious forms lying on the floor of the wavespeeder which sped towards the Reef Fortress. She replayed the events which had led up to this moment over and over in her head but, try as she might, she could think of no way to change what had happened.

The last thing she had wanted was to hurt her friends. She owned the Jedi so much. They had helped end the civil war on her home planet of Anobis, freed her from the lies Czethros had spun around her life, helped her cure her andris addiction, and even found her a job working as a pilot for Lando Calrissian. When she had last seen them, over five years ago, Anja had felt that her life could not get any better. What she had not counted on, of course, was the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Lando?s businesses had been among the first to suffer because of the attacks, and he had had no choice but to lay off huge numbers of his workers. As a new employ, she had been one of the first to go. Anja did not hold a grudge against Calrissian. He had not had a choice in the matter, and she would have done the same in his position. With no job, she had returned to Anobis, wanting nothing more than to make a new life for herself there. But yet again, events had caught up with her. Anobis had been directly in the line of the invasion, occupied by the Vong fairly early on in the war. The small group of survivors, Anja included, had done their best to stick together, as they eked out a living on the overcrowded refugee ships that had become their home for nearly four years. It had been a hellish experience, but their devotion to each other, along with their determination to survive had kept them strong. But strength was not always enough, especially in an environment when it was every being for themselves.

Anja had always been a fighter, and she could not stand by and allow innocents to die from lack of food, or from disease. She had taken it upon herself, as the strongest and most qualified member, to find some way to provide enough money to care for the small handful of refugees who were all that remained of her world. Much as she hated it, there was one option open to her. If there was one thing Anja knew, it was how to operate in the seedy underworld of the galaxy. She had joined up with a group of mercenary pirates, who had been more than happy to accept a former Black Sun lieutenant into their ranks. She had worked hard and risen in the ranks quickly, driven by the need to aid her friends. Even after the end of the war she had continued sending the money she earned back to the ragged group of survivors who had still not found a home.

Her brief foray at the Jedi Academy had been no secret. It was hard to keep anything private in a lawless group which employed slicers. When, much to the surprise of all, Ta?a Chume had contacted them, looking to hire an assassin to dispose of the Queen Mother of Hapes, Anja had not had a choice in the matter. She had been selected under the reasoning that someone who knew the Jedi would have a better chance of completing the mission. She had done her best to fail, planting a bomb a time she knew they were occupied, using a complicated poisoning attempt that was almost sure to fail. But Ta?a Chume had grown impatient, and had taken matters into her own hands, staging an all too effective ambush for the Jedi, which Anja could do nothing to stop.

So here she was, forced to capture the same people who had been responsible for changing her

25. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    First reply!!!

Great chapter!

Anja is pulling a Nom Anor!!! Once a traitor, twice a traitor, let's make traitor pie. Yum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.