main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawn Over Endless Night (Z/OC, J/TK, J/J) UPDATE 2-5! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Anja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! Anjas good anjas good ANJA'S GOOD!!!!! :)

2. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    [face_laugh] Hehe, VC! Wait and see! Just keep in mind that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions! [face_devil]

3. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    What is this doing all the way down here? Up up up! Upupupupupup!!! You guys are punishing me for taking so long to update, I know it! :_| Post tommorow, promise!

4. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    Yes please hurry with a postie. :)

5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    this fic is good :D

6. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    I'm getting lazy with these posts! Sorry! On the plus size, I'm continuing in my attempt to make my posts longer!

Part 41

The moon upon the ocean
    is swept around in motion
    but without ever knowing
    the reason for its flowing
    in motion on the ocean
    the moon still keeps on moving
    the waves still keep on waving
    and I still keep on going
    Anywhere Is
    , Enya

The bright, early morning Hapian sun reflected blindingly off of the glittering blue waters of the ocean. The blinding rays effectively concealed the small wave skimmer that sped across the waves from any visual scanning. Tahiri knew it would do virtually nothing to protect them from detection, but it made her feel more secure anyway. She hoped the fact that they had snuck out of the Place unnoticed as soon as they had discovered the identity of the kidnapper would be to their advantage. Anyone in the Palace would believe that they had been captured, too, and hopefully Ta?a Chume did not know that her attack had spared them.

She glanced around the small vehicle, shielding her green eyes from the droplets of salty spray that caught the air. Jag was seated at the controls, piloting the wave skimmer towards their destination; Reef Fortress. For now they were not overly concerned about being spotted, but they had all agreed that it would be better to have their best pilot at the controls, especially when they got nearer. She and Raynar were seated behind him, cramped into the two small passenger?s seats of the skimmer.

Glancing over at her fellow passenger, Tahiri found herself suppressing a smile. They had been traveling for a few hours now, and although the scenery had hardly changed during that time, Raynar?s face had maintained an expression of amazed wonderment the entire time. Then again, she reflected, this was the first time in over three years he had been outside. A setting less beautiful than Hape?s sparkling blue ocean might have prompted a different response, but in a way she found herself glad at his joy. His blue eyes were squinted slightly against the brightness, but were better off than they had been. When the sun had first risen he had been almost blinded, having become used to a dark, subterranean cell which never saw the light of day. This is the first time he?s seen a sun since he was captures. She realized, marveling slightly. Having grown up on Tatooine, the idea of spending that much time in total darkness was almost inconceivable to her. The sun threw the network of scars covering his face and body into sharp relief, the pink, healed skin of the burns reflecting the light slightly. It also revealed the twinning strands of white in his hair more clearly, the wind blowing the mottled blond and white locks into loose tangles. Another sensation he had been without for so long.

Raynar glanced over at her, and Tahiri looked away quickly, feeling herself flush slightly. She hadn?t realized how long she had been staring, and was mildly surprised to find herself embarrassed by it. She had long ago decided that embarrassment was a pointless emotion, and had refused to acknowledge it. To find it resurfacing now was mildly confusing. Thankfully she was spared the trouble of pondering what it might mean, as Jag chose that moment to glance back over his shoulder, saying ?Reef Fortress is showing up on the scanners. We should be there soon.?

?Get as close as you can without being able to see it, then stop.? She told him, rummaging around her feet before finding the small crate they had brought with them. Opening it, she passed out wetsuits and breathing masks, as Jag cut the small craft?s engines.

?Now, we?re all straight on the plan, right?? She asked, glancing around her. Tahiri had been mildly surprised to find that she had become the leader of the trio of rescuers, and was even more surprised to find herself enjoying it. In all of her previous adventures, she had allowed someone else to take control and make the decisions. This time, however, she had found herself planning and giving orders from almost t

7. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Ooooh.... Rescueness!!!! :)

Poor Raynar!!! Ahhh the memories are killing me!!!! Noooo... Not SbS... GET IT AWAY GET IT AWAY!!!! ! Irp!!! *curls up in fetal position sucking thumb*

8. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    hmmmm.... is tahiri falling for Raynar?

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I second Mystralgurl's question.

Argh!!! Star By Star! Lusa's incredibly, beyond words bad death! One, damned paragraph...that was all she got...

Good post, Lusa. Now to go burn my NJO books.

10. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    VC

Hehe, yup! A most epic of rescues is on its way, if their plan works! :) Sorry about the Raynar memories! But I've got to angst someone! Now that Zekk and Deirdra are happy, I've got no one left but Raynar! :p

Mystralgurl

Maybe, maybe not! :p Wait an see! :)

Striker

I point to the responce Mystralgurl got! :p And the whole one paragraph for Lusa's death stunk! I was so mad that that was it! The only thing I liked about it was who all the YJK friends were their mourning her! It was a nice touch. But still sad! :(

11. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    your post are getting much longer, makin' them much more enjoyable

12. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    *drags herself back into the fic* Sorry guys. Been busy ad neglecting this. God i missed alot. Anyway, we have got to get some Raynar/Tahiri stuff in here. *drops to her knees* Pwease missus! I want some Raynar/tahiri stuff in this fic. Pwease. *puppy dog eyes* ~gabs

13. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Jedi_Master_Mouf

Why thanks! I'm workin' on it! They are way too short, much like my attention span, which explains everything. :p

Gabby

Missed you! As for R/T, well, there are only a few more chapters left in this thing, but I might squeeze somthing in... ;)

14. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Alrighty! Another post! Whee!

Part 42

Watching me wanting me
    I can feel you pull me down
    fearing you loving you
    I won't let you pull me down
    Haunted
    , by Evanescence

Tenel Ka sat cross-legged in the center of the cell, bent slightly forward, appearing to be lost on meditation. Her long, thick mane of red gold hair hung unbound around her face like a curtain, shielding it and most of her body from view. She looked for all the world to be lost in thought, but in reality she was sharply focused and alert. The datapad Anja had given her rested in her lap, hidden from the cameras she knew to be secreted around the small room.

Lowie paced restlessly around the cell, counting on the fact that anyone monitoring them would pay more attention to a prowling wookie than to a meditation girl. Her gray eyes flickered rapidly across the small screen, scanning the information it contained. So far she had not found anything that could help them escape, but she would not give up just yet. She had also read Anja?s story, of how a handful of survivors from her planet, all either too old, young, or infirm to work were depending on the money she could bring back from this and other bounties in order to live. Privately Tenel Ka wondered if perhaps Anja had taken on the burden of caring them as a form of personal atonement for the way she had left her home and become a member of Black Sun years ago. Her claims of being an unwilling victim in the coup also rang slightly false. In Tenel Ka?s opinion, she had had the opportunity to refuse to participate, and, if it had led to her expulsion from the group of pirates she worked with, would have given her the chance at an honest profession. Still, it was not her place to judge her actions. She would leave that to Anja and her conscious.

She was jarred from her reading as the door hissed open suddenly. Snapping her head up, the warrior girl blinked in surprise to find Jag Fel standing on the other side, a blaster in one hand. ?You?re rescue attempt?s here.? He informed her with a slight smile.

?Ah. Ah ha.? She replied, standing smoothly. ?You do realize this cell is bugged?? She added, raising an eyebrow.

?Yeah, I kind of figured that.? He told her, leading them out of the cell. ?I?d say that the chances they know we?re here are pretty high, so we might want to move quickly.?

[?We?re here??] Lowie growled in curiosity as they exited the cell, scanning the currently empty hallway for any approaching guards.

?Tahiri, Raynar, and me.? Jag informed him, leading the wall down the hall towards the next cell.

Tenel Ka glanced at him in surprise. ?Raynar is here??

Jag nodded, pulling the cover off of the control panel to the cell, and starting to hotwire it open. ?It?s a long story.? He said, stepping back and letting Lowie take over the opening process. After a moment, the door whooshed open.

Jaina spun around as she rose to her feet from where she had been seated on the stone floor as their door opened. Instead of the guards she expected, she was greeted by a loud wookie roar, and the sight of Tenel Ka, Lowie, and, most surprisingly, Jag.

Zekk climbed to his feet behind her as he caught sight of their rescuers. ?Well, I guess it?s a good thing we decided against that game of strip sabacc.? He said with a dry smile, earning a playful swat from Jaina and an amused look from Jag as they set off in search of the last two captives.

??so Anja decided that the only way to get some more spice was to steal the Lightning Rod and head off to Kessel.? Jacen explained, with a lopsided Solo grin.

?I?m sure Zekk was thrilled by that.? Deirdra replied with a laugh. She had to admit that this capture had had some positive outcomes so far. Zekk had never talked much about his time at the Jedi Academy, so it was nice to be able to hear about some of the adventures he and his friends had been on during their time there.

?Oh, he was furious.? Jacen replied with an amused snort. ?So, using our amazing, Jedi-enhanced powers of logic

15. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Tenel Ka has an idea? That's a new one! :p Usually she just takes Jacen's jokes literally and comes up with a way to get them out of whatever dire situation they're in!!!

Only a few more chappy's.... and then a sequel! whee! Good luck at the awards!

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    They're escaping! Yay!

Pretty tense, there. I wonder what Tenel Ka's plan is.

17. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    VC

[face_laugh] True! But her idea's a clever one! Wait and see! :) Yup, just a handful of chapters left, then it's done! Yay! Good luck to you at the awards, too! *crosses fingers for luck*

Striker

Yup, they are! And Tenel Ka's plan is quite sneaky! :)

18. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    I have a question: why did the young jedi knights ever rescue ta'chume? and why isn't she locked up?

19. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    Ya, I agree with Valin. GDO THAT WOMAN REMINDS ME OF MY MOTHER!! *shiver* creepy that is. wouldn't be suprised if the whole Ta'Chume thing wasn't based on her!!!
    ~GAbs

20. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Valin_Halcyon

I really don't know why they just exiled her at the end of DJ, but it sure makes the plot of this story eaiser for me! :p

Gabby

[face_laugh] Yeah, she's pretty icky! But addictingly fun to write! :D

Ok guys, only about 4 or 5 more chaps left, so I'm gonna be getting them up pretty fast, because I want to get to work on the sequal! Another post tommorow or the next day! :)

21. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    lol.... ?Well, I guess it?s a good thing we decided against that game of strip sabacc.?

that was funny! Zekk is kinda weird..... UP!!

22. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Whew! Update! And while you're at it, you've got homework! Got read Darkest Kinght's Dawn, by Neo-Paladin, because it's most awesome Zekkness! :) :)

Part 43

Unlimited
    Together we're unlimited
    Together we'll be the greatest team
    There's ever been,
    Dreams, the way we planned 'em
    If we work in tandem:
    There's no fight we cannot win
    Just you and I
    Defying gravity
    With you and I
    Defying gravity
    They'll never bring us down!
    Defying Gravity
    , from Wicked

?Let me get this straight,? Jaina said as Tenel Ka finished outlining her idea. ?We find the power generator, using information provided by the person who kidnapped up, wire it to blow, steal a waveskimmer to escape, all the while dodging guards and hoping that Tahiri and Raynar get out of here before it explodes??

?Well, we should probably get our lightsabers first.? Jacen told her, taking the datapad and scanning it. ?They?re on the way there.?

?Oh, silly me.? Jaina told her twin with a roll of her eyes. ?How could I have forgotten that??

?Look on the bright side.? Zekk told her with a grin. ?No matter how crazy it gets, you can be comforted by the fact that we?ve certainly done worse.?

?We can debate the sanity of this plan on the way there. But for now we need to get moving.? Tenel Ka stated matter-of-factly, leading them in the direction of the power generator.

?What the kriff are they doing?? One of the two guards currently monitoring the dozens of security screens in the Fortress?s control room asked, staring in confusing at the small group of newly escaped prisoners.

?They?re going to blow up the Fortress.? Anja replied calmly, the boredom in her voice and stance belaying the sudden hard intensity in her eyes.

?I can hear that.? The guard replied, glancing at the bounty hunter with thinly veiled scorn. ?I just can?t believe they?d do something so stupid.? He added, glancing back at the screen. ?We out number them, they?re on our territory, they can?t use their powers, and they?re split up.? He gestured at another panel with the last remark, indicating the images of Tahiri and Raynar hurrying through an abandoned upper corridor. ?Just how suicidal are these people, anyways??

?I?m more curious about how they know where they?re going.? His partner commented, watching the first group halt outside a small, inconspicuous storage closet. The wookie pulled off the control panel by the door, and after a few moments of fiddling with the wires, had it open. He reached inside, and began tossing the lightsabers stored there to their owners, with the exception of the pale girl, who received a blaster.

Anja gave him a withering look. ?The red head is the Queen Mother, you dolt. Of course she knows her way around her own Fortress.? The guard shrugged, turning back to his station, but seeming slightly unsatisfied with her response. ?As for out numbering them,? She continued, ?There are only 20 of you. What good do you think that will do against eight Jedi and a Chiss pilot??

?Well, if you?re such an expert,? The first told her in annoyance, ?Why don?t you go stop them??

?Because I?m not getting paid enough as it is.? She replied flatly. He gave her an annoyed glance, before thumbing on his comlink, ordering eight of the guards to join Ta?a Chume in the upper tower where she awaited Tahiri and Raynar, and sending the other 12 after the larger group. Waiting until he was fully engaged in the conversation, and his partner had turned his attention back to the monitors, Anja slipped quietly out of the room, before sprinting to the nearby turbolift. She punched the button that sent it shooting up to the small, rooftop landing pad where her ship waited. Given the choice between staying and collecting the second half of her payment, or escaping with her life, Anja would gladly choose the latter. She had seen what Jedi, particularly these Jedi, were capable of, and she knew she wanted to be as far away, and as safe, as possible when the

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, exciting! I hope Tenel Ka and her group are all right! Please don't kill them!

Nice action, and Anja's flippancy to the guard was very in-character.

24. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    cool I liked the post. and it was nice and long

25. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    He he. The debate over the sanity of the plan made me chuckle. One wonders why Jaina even bothers to question these things ;)

The action in the scene worked well too.

Thanks for the plug!

Hey! this is reply 499. Next one is a milestone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.