main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawn Over Endless Night (Z/OC, J/TK, J/J) UPDATE 2-5! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    500! Congrats!

Yay for big explosives and Tnel Ka!

Please tell me that you are writing a sequel. This was great!

2. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    oooo...... good...

writing a sequel? cool... but this one isn't finished yet is it?

3. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Yay! 500 posts and a new page! Confetti and chocolate cookies for all! :)

Striker

Don't worry, I only kill off characters I love on songfics! For now that is! [face_devil]

Jedi_Master_Mouf

Why thanks! I'm glad my attempts to make my posts longer are working! This next one's going to be uber huge! :)

Neo-Paladin

Hehe, thanks! I had fun writing both those bits, so I'm glad they worked! I especially loved writting the questioning of the plan bit! Friendly banter in dire situations is always fun! :) And you're much welcome for the plug! Your fic rocked my socks! :)

Valin_Halcyon

Yay for getting 500!! :) I'm happy! :) Yup, there will be a sequal! In fact, it's going to end up being a trilogy, if my attention span can survive that! A bit of additional sequal info for everyone, by the way! IT FINALLY HAS A TITLE! Yay! Shadows Cast by Noon! :) More information to come shortly, promise! :)

Mystralgurl

Thanks! Yup, there will be a sequal! check out my reply to Valin's post for a bit of information about it! And this fic's actually almost done! three more posts to go, I believe! :)

4. DyeDrin

DyeDrin Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2004
    this is a good story

and i know what's happening next!!
    the guards are going to chase them out to sea on another skiff

and the jedi are going to go into the carnivorous seaweed field and then the guards get eaten,

5. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Nooo... Don't kill R and T!!! Wah.....

Found another typo.

provided by the person who kidnapped up

Don't you mean "us"?

6. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    DyeDrin

Greetings! :) As for your prediction...wait and see! ;)

VC

You know my policy on killing characters I love, silly! That's reserved for songfics! :p Actually, that policy my be changing very very soon...but I've said too much! [face_devil] As for my typo, I am getting sloppy! Excuse me while I go die from shame! :p Good of you to catch it! :)

7. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    I just wanted to thank you guys all so much! Deirdra just won Best Female OC in the WFFA, which could not have happened with out all of you! Huge thanks to everyone who voted for her! Cookies and chocolate for all! And an update! :)

Part 44

One day, one night one moment
    With a dream to be leaving
    One step, one fall, one falter
    Find a new world across a wide ocean
    This way became my journey
    This day brings together
    Far and Away
    Book of Days
    , Enya

?So, we?ve got how long until this place blows?? Raynar asked Tahiri as the two of them jogged quickly through the still empty corridors of Reef Fortress.

?15 minutes.? Tahiri muttered in annoyance, slowing as she spotted a ysalamir. The gray furred creature was enclosed in a small cage, which was mounted on the wall of the corridor, near the ceiling. Flicking on her lightsaber, she reached up and stabbed the creature with the tip of the blue blade, killing it. They had come across many of the animals as they made their way around the Fortress, and it had become almost routine to dispose of them in this way, creating an increasingly large area of the Fortress where they could touch the Force.

?How nice of them to give us so much time.? He replied continuing up the hallway. They were making their way towards the large conference room at the top of one of the towers where they suspected Ta?a Chume was lurking. As Tahiri had pointed out, where else would someone with such an overblown ego be? Raynar was thankful they had almost reached their destination, especially in light of the information Jag had just given them.

Tahiri moved to turn her lightsaber off, but paused as they rounded a corner and she caught sight of a door at the end of the hall. Raynar ignited his ? Lusa?s, rather ? as well, following her as she reached it, and, in a deft movement, sliced it open. She darted through the opening, Jedi blade held high, but then, as Raynar entered after her, stopped short.

?I would turn off your weapons, if I were you.? Ta?a Chume said coldly from where she stood behind the semicircle of eight guards who faced them, blasters drawn.

As they complied, Raynar?s eyes flicked around the room, spotting the four ysalamir situated around it, one in each corner. Across from them a door opened out onto a small balcony that overlooked the sea, but any path to that exit was blocked by their enemies. Suddenly he blinked, as an idea struck him. Without turning to face his companion, he muttered quietly to her in Huttese. ?[When I say go, rush the guards.]?

Tahiri blinked in surprise, although she supposed it was logical that he would speak the language. As the heir to an extensive trading fleet, Raynar would have to be at least passable in major trading languages, while Tahiri had learned it growing up on Tatooine. ?[Why??]

?[Because,]? He replied with a grim smile. ?[They?ll see you as more of a threat. No time to talk. Go!]?
    She sprang forward, yelling a Yuuzhan Vong war cry. Raynar was grateful for the distraction; it drew away all of the guards, except the one who faced him. Without waiting to see what happened to Tahiri, he lunged towards the man, stumbling slightly as the startled guard fired off a shot, the blaster bolt burying itself in his shoulder. He winced, then straightened, continuing towards his target. Pain was certainly no stranger to him anymore; he could deal with it. The guard looked rattled, raising his weapon for a second shot, but then Raynar was upon him, striking him hard on the temple with the butt of his lightsaber. The man collapsed, and Raynar dropped the Jedi weapon, diving for the blaster the guard had held. Grabbing it, he rolled onto his side and stood, firing off four quick shots, each one striking one of the ysalamir grouped around the room. As the last one died, he felt the Force swept back over him like a wave, and turned to see if Tahiri was alright.

He need not have worried. Once of the side benefits of her Vong half seemed to be that she had no problem fighting without the ai

8. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    first post [face_dancing]
    that has to be a first for me.

anyway good post really enjoyed the fight scene

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Congrats on winning best OC female, Lusa!

And woah, Raynar was a bit of a badass there! And I like having him able to speak Huttese. Nice touch.

Raynar, having Lusa's lightsaber doesn't anchor you to the past. Now go back and get it before I whoop your butt, okay?

10. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Congrats on the award. Deirdra is a good charictor, so it's golden.

I've noticed a few of the Zekk-centric fics are winning awards in this rotation. Interesting [face_thinking] But awsome too. :)

Ya know, if I've learned anything from movies it's that you shouldn't call anyone dead (esspecially the vilian) unless you have a body.
    You wouldn't do that to these guys... right? :D

Another great post. Thanks.

11. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    hm... is that the last post?

are Tahiri and Raynar falling for each other?

12. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Great post!

Congrats on winning best original femme fatale!!!! (sounds better than best female OC, don't you think?) I knew you guys could pull it off!!! AtS didn't win, but I think I'll qualify for the summer awards.

AHA! It is gonna be r/t!

13. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Jedi_Master_Mouf

Congrats on first post! :) Glad you liked the fight scene! :)

Striker

Thanks! And thank you for an...interesting time at the Ceremony! :p Congrats to you on best Crossover! I felt bad after my nonstop abuse of Raynar at the Awards, so I decided to make him cool in this post! (For those of you who missed it, Raynar was my date to the Awards. :p ) Don't worry about Lusa's lightsaber, he'll get over it! But it was a lovely metaphore! :)

Neo-Paladin

Thanks! There were a lot of Zekk fics up for awards! I was suprised! VC's fic, plus TJF's Always series. Good point about dead villians! You can never be to sure... ;)

Mystralgurl

Nope, not quite the end yet! Two more posts to go! :) As for R/T, well, wait and see! :)

VC[/]b

Thanks! I'm sorry AtS didn't win anything! I thought it should have! :(

14. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    An update! One more to go! :)

Part 45

It?s the end.
    Whatever people say,
    I loved.
    C?est La Fin
    , Mediaeval Baebes

?You know, we wouldn?t have had to sit at the back if we hadn?t been late.? Zekk muttered in Deirdra?s ear, momentarily taking his eyes off of the scene before them to face her.

?If you?re trying to pin the blame on me,? She hissed back, ?Don?t forget that I?m not the one who overslept. Now be quiet. We?re really not supposed to be talking right now.?

?Sorry, your highness.? He whispered sarcastically, turning back to face the front of the Throne Room, where Tenel Ka and Jacen?s wedding ceremony was drawing near to conclusion. He could not keep from grinning slightly at the looks of happiness on his two friends? faces. After all they had been through, they deserved it.

Deirdra, who seemed to have forgotten about her order of silence, whispered with a small smile, ?I wonder if that?ll ever be us up there.?

?Are you proposing?? He joked quietly, turning his attention back to her.

She laughed softly. ?No, not just yet. That?s your job, remember?? Tahiri, who was seated next to Raynar a few rows ahead of them, turned back with an expression of amused annoyance, gesturing for them to be quiet. Deirdra and Zekk exchanged looks of chagrin, before waving apologetically at her. The blonde Jedi rolled her eyes in mock despair of the two, before turning back around, muttering something to Raynar and returning her attention to the ceremony.

?Well, if it?s my job it might be a while yet.? Zekk told her, keeping his voice low this time. ?I mean, I?ve always been the Jedi with no last name. It sort of makes me special, you know? Consequently, I want to put off changing that for as long as I can.? The comment earned him a smack in the ribs, which did nothing to dispel his obvious amusement at his own wit.

Deirdra rolled her eyes, her expression seeming to ask what she had ever done to deserve this. After a moment, however, her pale face became thoughtful. ?You know, you may have something there.? She told him. ?Zekk Meeker.? She mused, seeming deep in thought over the potential name. ?I don?t know. That?s an awful lot of e?s and k?s for one name, don?t you think??

The burst of smothered laughter that broke out earned them another dirty look from Tahiri, whose expression suggested she had been charged with the onerous task of minding two mischievous and bad mannered children.

They ignored her this time, kissing gently even as Tenel Ka and Jacen did the same. Pulling away, Zekk brushed a lock of white hair out of her face. ?I love you.? He murmured softly.

?I know.? Deirdra replied, as she rested her head against his shoulder, smiling in contentment as the crowd began to applaud their queen.

(Now, before you get all excited, this is not the end! There is still one more post to go, and it's a really important one! :) )

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, so sweet! Jacen and Tenel Ka got married!

And it looks like you're setting up Raynar and Tahiri. I approve.

Zekk, propose to Deirdra before I smack you, okay?

16. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Yes! Those two finally got it right!! Can't wait to see the cute jedi babies!! Red hair and brown eyes!!

17. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    holy cow! that is amazing....

18. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    AMAZING!!!! YAY! Tk and Jacen finally got married.
    ?Are you proposing?? I like that part. God its been a while since i checked this.

19. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Striker

Yup! I promised someone (VC, I think) that I'd have a wedding before this was done! Just didn't say who! ;) Yup, it's R/T, officially! Why? Because I can! :D

Zekk, propose to Deirdra before I smack you, okay?

[face_laugh] But then he'll have a last name, and won't be cool! :p

AvenKiel

Hehe, me too! I love J/TK!

Mystralgurl

Thanks! Glad you like it! :)

Gabby

Thanks bunchies! :) I had fun writting it! :)

20. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    ADORABLE...

Aren't wedding scenes fun? I'm planning on writing a few for my own fics.

Oh no... There's one more post...

It would be too much to ask for a warm and fuzzy ending and a warm and fuzzy sequel, wouldn't it?

Good luck on finishing your first fic! Break a leg!

21. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Yay! Two marraiges down, two to go!

22. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    you could always have Deirdra drop her last name and they could both be last-name-less.... :D

23. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Nice post Lusa. I'd echo alot of what has been said above, but you know I'm digging this story, so it's all good, right? o_O

Out of curiosity, how did you pick Deirdra's name?

24. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    VC

Thanks! Weddings are adorible, but tricky for me to write! I still struggle with mush! :p A warm fuzzy last chapter and a warm fuzzy sequal? What is this strange concept? [face_devil]

Valin_Halcyon

Yup. You'll have to wait and see about them, though! :)

Mystralgurl

I could, but Zekk Meeker is really fun to type! Try it sometime! :D

Neo-Paladin

Thanks! :) I'm glad your liking it! :)

Out of curiosity, how did you pick Deirdra's name?

Interesting story, actually. I got it from Deirdre, a tragic heroine in a Celtic legend. Deirdre is actually a word for 'sadness' so I thought it would be fun to use. Plus, I got some of the inspiration for her character (the rape induced muteness) from the story of Tristan and Iseult, so I wanted to do a little Celtic tribute there, too! :)

25. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Whoa, I had been wondering specifically if you pulled the name from the Celtic myth! I just didn't know if you were familiar with those cycles. The Greeks got so much more attention, not many people are familiar with the Celts. I actually like the Celts for the lyrical way their myths flow compared to the Greeks. Plus, the Tuatha-De-Danann don't act like so many spoiled children o_O
    I also love how the cultures were completely isolated from each other, and obviously neither is derivative, but many of their mythic cycles take the same paths (i.e. "Helen of Troy" and "Deirdre of the Sorrows").

Anyway, major kudos for your mythological knowledge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.