main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawning (L/M and all the rest - Post-FOTJ?! "AU" - Completed - 04/10/11 - Now With A Cover!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    "Yes. Your pillow will be more comfortable than this pillow, plus it will smell like you."

Awwwww! [face_love]

Great detailing of the preparation for the procedure and of Mara's preparations to take care of Luke.

2. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

It will be incredibly hard for both of them. Especially for Luke who has never depended on anybody. :(

:D[face_love]

3. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006

Mara groaned. "Ever the romantic, aren?t you Farmboy."

He grinned. "Someone has to be in this relationship."

You tell her, Luke! :D I just love it when they banter.

I hope Luke's paralysis isn't due to the poison! [face_worried]

Peace,
    Bea

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad the operation seemed to be a success :D or at least had no complications or surprises -- I like Ashlana Tano but Plo-a needs some training on how to interact better with patient's families :p o_O

5. JediKnightBeclyn

JediKnightBeclyn Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2011
    Great update! I also really hope the paralysis isn't from the poison. :( Keep the chapters coming!

6. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    Great post. I do have to wonder though, after he gets out of surgery, who has the harder job, Mara or Luke?

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel: Thanks!

Piper057: Thanks. It?s going to be really hard for Luke.

lost_lauries_grapes: Thanks. I love writing L/M banter. You?ll find out in the next chapter.

Jade_eyes: Nope. No surprises yet.

JediKnightBeclyn: Thanks. Like I said, you will find out soon. I?ll try to keep the chapters coming, maybe even at a faster rate, since I now have lit a fire (with the help of Hazel) under my bum.

bender42: Thanks. Right out of surgery, Mara has the harder job. In the long run, Luke does.

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn

On? Off? Just ask!

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: Song for chapter seven: Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up

Chapter 7

Mara did not have to wait long. Within a few minutes, Luke was brought back in, still sound asleep, by Cilghal and a medical droid. Both his hands were above the blanket and the access panel to his right hand was open, exposing wiring and the battery.

?Everything went fine, Mara,? the healer assured her as she pushed him back into his spot. ?Though, in his weakened state, he was affected by the anaesthetic more. He should sleep for the next few hours. Unfortunately, we have to make the finer adjustments now. It?s simply a lot easier if we have to remove it, to do it now.?

The droid walked up to the side of the bed. ?Ma?am, it may be beneficial if you stand on his left side and keep him calm as well as give him my instructions.?

Mara nodded and leaned over his left side, taking that hand.

The droid poked Luke?s right index finger with a sharp point.

Luke grunted and his finger twitch.

Mara smiled. His brain could still relay signals to his body.

The droid continued poking his fingers and they continued twitching, and he continued grunting, slowly waking, though he did not open his eyes.

?Ma?am, can you ask him to curl his fingers??

?Farmboy,? she whispered in his ear. He smiled as she did so. ?Can you make me a fist with your right hand??

She now smiled as she watched her husband make a fist. He would regain his movement! He would walk again!

?Ma?am, Can you please ask him to flex his wrist??

?Move your wrist for me,? she said.

He opened his eyes a crack, he was awake, but heavily sedated. ?Dooo I geeeeet a kiiizzzz??

She tried not to laugh. Many would kill to see and talk to a drugged up grand master. ?Yes. Move your wrist and you?ll get a kiss.?

He flicked his wrist, then tried to pucker his lips up. He was obviously more concerned about his kiss than the fact that he could move his hand.

The droid closed the access panel on the forearm. ?The cybernetic replacement seems to be in working order. My programming suggests that another examination be done when the patient is more alert. If there is any issues, please contact an actual medic or cyberneticist.? The droid then left.

?Mara, I suggest you talk to him to lull him back to sleep, they say it helps. He needs rest to clear the drugs out of his system,? Cilghal said as she made her way towards the door.

After the healer left, Mara commanded the lights to go out and took her spot on the edge of the bed, putting her feet up so it was like she was laying beside him without encroaching upon his space.

Luke then started crying. Mara knew it was the effects of the heavy drugs and the premature awakening. It was not pleasant for anyone to wake up from a deep sleep to be poked and prodded.

?Luke? What?s wrong, Skywalker?? she asked as she put her elbow above his head, stroked his hair with one hand and took both of his hands with her other hand.

?Yooou doooon?t wwwlove me any mooooore,? he said through tears.

?I don?t love you anymore?? she clarified. ?Why do you say that?? It looked like her fun with her drugged up husband was going to be ruined. She knew it was the drugs talking, but he could also be stating real feelings and fears.

?Yooou neverrr kiiizzzed meee.?

?Oh, sorry,? she said, rolling her eyes. She then kissed him on the lips. ?There. I love you. You know that, Farmboy.?

?Why? Why doooo yooou still wwlove mee? Zzzjust put meee in a nuurrsing hooome. I can?t moove. I can?t spppar. I can?t make wwlove to you.? Between the drugs, weakness, tiredness and tears, it was exceedingly difficult to understand him.

She almost laughed. Sex! He was worried about sex! She grabbed a few tissues and started cleaning his face of the tears, snot and drool.

?Farmboy, I fell in love with you, not your body, though I still find you damn sexy, even without those rippling muscles. I don?t know if you noticed, but I?m not exactly young anymore either.? She then whispered in his ear, ?I hate to disappoint, but things are start

9. JediKnightBeclyn

Feb 8, 2011
    I love how you write both Luke and Mara! It's great to see how truly deep and powerful their love is. Their dialogue really shows that. Even when Luke is drugged, paralyzed and feeling useless, Mara is there for him to remind him they can get through this difficult time together.

I also loved that they can discuss very intimate and potentially embarrassing situations due to Luke's condition without any shame or embarrassment at all. Mara puts Luke totally at ease, and they trust each other completely.

Anyway, this chapter was all kinds of awesomeness and I'm sorry for gushing on about it for so long. [face_blush] Thank you Briannakin for writing this story and please update again soon!

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    ?Dooo I geeeeet a kiiizzzz??

[face_laugh] I would have kizzzzzed him immediately.

Whinny Luke is so cute. [face_love]

?How did I ever manage four years without you? I love you too, Luke,?

Hope kept her going.

Great chapter, Briannakin! =D= I'm really looking forward to when Ben arrives.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yup, we need a melt smiley just for that song!!!!!!!

That lovely song by that droolicious voice!!!!

Ahem.

The chapter was sweetness!!!!!

All those interesting -- reminiscences Mara brought up -- love the spontaneity behind them all LOL [face_mischief]

SQUEE!!

Mara is a loving, wonderful life-mate.

[face_shhh]

We'll keep her secret ;)

[:D]

!!!!!!

12. lost_lauries_grapes

Jun 27, 2006

She laughed. ?Oh, yes. I remember that time. You were still suffering from the after-effects of Shimrra?s poisoning. You were gone for a month and you were so tired but wanted me so badly we somehow did it right there in your cockpit. It brought a new meaning to the word, didn?t it??

I'll never look at 'cockpit' the same way again. [face_laugh]

So glad Luke's going to be okay.

Peace,
    Bea

13. Piper057

Nov 26, 2009
    This is definitely one of the best L/M talks I've ever read and I read a LOT of them. Thank you for making my day. [:D]

Wonderful scene with Ben. :)

14. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    YAH!!!! Just went on a hour long reading... I love this so far!

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    JediKnightBeclyn: Thank you! I love big, long, gushing reviews! I?m actually not a big romance fan, but there is something about Luke and Mara that I just love reading and writing so much. Thank you again. Your review made me smile. [:D]

Hazel: I would have kizzzed him immediately too. Whinny Luke is so much fun to write. Thank you.

Jade_eyes: Thanks, that chapter was a ton of fun to write (and that song! *drool*).

lost_lauries_grapes: I?ll never look at 'cockpit' the same way again
    Tehe. I?m a band nerd. It?s my job to traumatize people. But this is probably pushing the limit here, I know.

Luke is going to be just fine? for now. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Piper057: This is definitely one of the best L/M talks I've ever read and I read a LOT of them. Thank you for making my day.

Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me to read this.

Jedi_QueenBee: QUEENBEE!!!!! Hi. Don`t you just love those hour long reading-athons? I?m glad you are enjoying this.

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn

On? Off? Just ask!

New Chapter up tomorrow!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I?m having a ?Name Jaina?s Twins? contest!!

Just PM me two baby names (can be both boy names, both girl names or a boy and a girl name), with the subject as your favourite line from this fic. The winner(s) will be the two names I like the most. The deadline is Thursday next week: March 17th (Saint Patrick?s day, just cuz I?m half Irish).

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Only one line from the fic? That's hard!

And one set of names, right?

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel: Yes. Only 2 names per person!

[i]A/N: This chapter has two parts, the next part will be up by the end of the weekend. The song for this part is: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPHXYrAAieM]Body by Mother Mother[/link].[/i]

Chapter Eight; Part One

The next day Mara simply watched Luke sleep on her pillow. Whenever he slept, he had this look of deep thought, but at the same time he looked like he seemed completely carefree.

When they had finally untangled the previous evening, they had eaten supper together, she had spiceloaf while he got mashed tubors, and she had helped him feed himself. Luke, with his new cybernetic hand, could hold utensils, he simply needed help with his elbow and bringing the utensil up to his mouth. She and Cilghal then unhooked him from the monitors, but they had to leave the drips in, and put him in a nightshirt and pyjama bottoms Mara brought from home. She never had the strength while he was in the coma to get rid of any of his belongings.

Then he had sent a short broadcast out to all the Jedi in the galaxy, thanking them for their support and blabbering on about the Force. By the end of it all, he had been tired, so they argued about her staying and in the end he won. She was thankful that he didn?t ask about the data-pad that had all the images of him just after his fight with Jacen. She wasn?t ready to re-live that day in her life.

That morning, Mara had come to watch him wake up, then they had breakfast, talking about nothing and everything.

After, Mara had to pull down the covers to change his urine catheter and collection bag as well as check for bedsores. Even with his high-tec mattress, sores could still form, but it was rare. When she pulled down the covers he got to see himself for the first time since he had woken up. He wasn?t too alarmed by the massive scarring - he had always had scars, but seeing his body so thin and puny was quite odd for him.

Then the slightly embarrassing part came; the changing of the catheter and bag. Mara removed his shorts and quickly worked on his ?package? while annoying him about blushing.

But the next part definitely made up for the mental discomfort he had suffered. To check for bedsores, Mara had flipped Luke onto his stomach and ran her hands down the entire back of his body, checking the skin. He had quite enjoyed it and was looking forward to the fact that Mara would have to do it daily once he got into a normal bed.

He then decided that he would take a short nap before meeting Ashlana Tano, his physical therapist, and going through his first session of therapy. Mara had agreed that it was probably better for his health and recovery if he took plenty of short naps throughout the day, as his body still wasn?t used to being active, instead of running his body to the point of exhaustion.

Mara gently reached out her hand to smooth out his greying hair. He looked so much like a boy when he slept - so much like their Ben. She had watched him sleep plenty of times over the past four years, but this was different.

"Um, hello."

Mara turn to see Ashlana in the doorway. "You can come in," she said. She then turned to her husband and put her hand on his shoulder. "Time to wake up, Skywalker."

He opened his eyes. "Hello there," he said to Ashlana. He lifted his right hand the best he could.

She smiled and shook his hand. "Hello. It?s a pleasure to meet you Master Skywalker. I?m Ashlana Tano, I will be your physical therapist. You are going to hate me, but I will help you regain your movement."

Luke smiled back. "I could never hate anyone, Mrs. Tano."

She grinned. "You obviously have never been through physical therapy. And please, call me Ashlana. Mrs. Tano was my grandmother."

Mara was confused for a moment, then she realized that when togruta women got married, the husbands took their wives? last names.

"Now," Ashlana continued. "First I'm going to build up your neck muscles, then I?m going to take the blankets off you and exercise your body for you."

"Alright," Luke said. He was eager to get going. Ashlan

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    ?I?ll do it just so I can get you in a bathing suit,?

Naughty Farmboy! [face_laugh]

Love those old Loafers.

Okay, that last part brought tears to my eyes. I can imagine how hard those 4 years were for Mara, everyday hoping he'd wake up that day, only to be disapponted every night, and then going through that the next day. :_|

Great chapter, can't wait for the next one.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mara needs a hug -- a very big hug!

[:D]

Very nice interaction with Ashlana -- very competent and warm without being obnoxious -- just encouraging. :D

Awww! Those loafers. -- Very sweet touch there.

20. JediKnightBeclyn

Feb 8, 2011
    "Skywalker, I went to the dark side and killed hundreds of people and declared myself Empress Jade Skywalker, then I married Wes Janson and became Empress Jade Janson."

Hahahaha!![face_laugh] This was hilarious! I'm following another fic that includes the ever immature yet loveable Wes Janson, and this line made me think of it. You may know of it Briannakin. :p Plooooooooooommaaa!

Great chapter! I'm sad for Mara but hopefully she'll be able to open up to Luke soon. They BOTH have to to some healing, not just Luke.

Well, this weekend is sure gonna be a long one if we have to wait until the end of it for another chapter....*sigh* I don't suppose you could be persuaded *cough cough* or bribed into posting it early, could you? [face_mischief]

21. lost_lauries_grapes

Jun 27, 2006
    Mara went to the darkside and married Wes Janson? That's...distrubing. Yes, very disturbing. [face_laugh]

Peace,
    Bea

22. Piper057

Nov 26, 2009

Sounds intriguing. Looking forward to it. :D

...And here comes the part when I want to hug them both.

[face_laugh]That's Mara we all know and love.

Well, they ARE stubborn.

So damn sad...:(

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel: He is very, very naughty :p

I love old loafers. I?m wearing my own pair right now.

Mara did have a rough time, as you will see.

Thanks

Jade_eyes: Mara does need a big hug.

JediKnightBeclyn: PLOOOOOOOOOOOOMAAAAAAAA! Sorry, I had to. I?m glad you found that funny.

Thanks, she will.

Hey, it?s better than waiting an entire week.

lost_lauries_grapes: I know. I wrote that just to disturb you :p

Piper057: Thanks, I want to hug them both too.

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn

On? Off? Just ask!

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: I would like to draw your attention to the ?Name Jaina?s Babies? contest at the end of my replies for the comments for chapter seven. I?ve only gotten 2 entries so far and I would love more.

The song for this part is: It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Meat Loaf

Part 2.

Luke sat alone viewing bloody, gory pictures of himself. He had seen many horrific sights in his life but these? these were definitely some of the worse he had seen. Mara had instructed Are-Six to take still holos for the soul purpose of sending them to Cilghal during the journey so that the healer could prepare.

One was of his entire body. His right leg had been bent sideways at mid thigh - the femur obviously snapped in half. Bone protruded up, out of his left knee. Deep, cauterized gashes covered his torso. His left elbow was at a unnatural angle; same with his wrist. His right arm was a mangled mess of machinery, tissue, blood, wiring and bone. The right side of his ribcage was crushed, almost flat. He had obviously survived on one lung. His face had been smashed in. Mara was in this holo, clearly trying to open his mangled airway, he could almost hear her: "Stay with me hon. I know you can. Just stay with me".

It was the last picture, however, that got to Luke.

Mara had probably taken it to confirm Jacen?s death.

Jacen?s eyes were open, bright yellow with rage but empty of a soul. His mouth was in a twisted snarl and Luke?s own lightsaber hilt was where Jacen?s heart was supposed to be.

Luke?s breathing became laboured and he uncontrollably trembled as visions took his mind over.

"Jacen! Please! Listen to me!" Luke heard himself begging as he fought his nephew, green blade against green blade. "I know about Lumiya! I know everything. Jacen! Please! It doesn?t have to be this way!"

"It does!" Jacen screamed as their blades continue to clash. "I?m doing this for the future, for Ben!"

"For Ben?! Ben needs you to be you, Jacen. Where?s the little boy that would scream every time your father would squish an insect? Where?s that boy I trained and lov--"

Luke was cut off when the wind was knocked out of him as his body was slammed against a wall of the sewage pipe. A poison dart came flying and was implanted into the back of his neck. Every part of his body became limp, but he could still feel everything. Jacen continued to beat him until he was a hair?s breath from death. Pain ripped through him.

"I?m sorry, Uncle Luke," Jacen whispered as he was about to carry out the killing blow.

"I?m sorry too," Luke breathed. He was sorry that the single shred of Jacen that still remained in this monster had to die, but Jacen had to be killed, or more innocent people would die. It would be a tragedy either way.

Luke did not care about Jacen?s defences. If he was going to die, Luke would take what was formerly his nephew with him. He used all his strength and all his love to jump up, ignite his lightsaber. Luke slammed it into Jacen?s heart before his own broke and everything went black.

Mara rushed back to her husband?s room. Something was wrong. Something was horribly wrong.

Luke was trembling and gasping for air. His eyes snapped open when she entered. The look on his face and the image on the data-pad told her everything.

She instantly shut off the data-pad and the image went away. She put a oxygen mask over his face and held him.

"It was just a flash-back, Luke," she told him. "Calm down and it?ll be fine. Try your best to breathe."

Eventually, he stopped shaking and his breathing went back to normal.

"What did you see?" she asked, taking the mask off and rubbing his shoulder.

Luke shut his eyes and did not respond.

"Luke?" She grabbed both of his hands and sat down. "You?re obviously upset about this. Please. We can talk about this. I?ll understand." Mara then realized that she was being a hypocrite. She sighed. "If you tell me what you saw, I?ll tell you what I went through while you were in a coma."

He opened one eye. "Promise?"

She rolled her

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :( The description of Luke's condition when Mara found him and then the memoty of the event :_|

Thank the Force Mara was there to sooth him, and thank the Force she opened up to him - it is so much better for both.

I rather enjoyed kicking your ex-girlfriend?s ass while Jag helped Jaina take down bug-girl while making gooey eyes at each other.

[face_laugh]

We charged them with crimes, they were convicted and sentenced to life living in a cell with each other surrounded by ysalamiri.

I think the with each other part might be the worse part of the punishment. :p

Ben is a great kid! [face_love] :* [face_love]