main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawning (L/M and all the rest - Post-FOTJ?! "AU" - Completed - 04/10/11 - Now With A Cover!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 19, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    luke's condition :eek: it's a miracle he survived!!!

Their mutual confidings -- wonderful!

How blessed they are to have one another :* :*

Duh.

:)

[:D]

2. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Meat Loaf! What the kriff! *goes to watch video*

"We got ?em. I rather enjoyed kicking your ex-girlfriend?s ass while Jag helped Jaina take down bug-girl while making gooey eyes at each other."

Who wouldn't enjoy kicking the ass of their significant other's ex? Just sayin'. Jag and Jaina: never stop being adorable, kthxbai.

Ben, Leia, Han: Gah! [face_love] There ought to be more fics out there with them as the main characters. Family looove!

Looking forward to your next update!
    Peace,
    Bea

3. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    Sorry I missed the past few updates, but my computer was giving me a headache. After several hours tinkering on it, and uncountable expletives, I got it back up. I deserve a medal. Anyway, that was o sweet. Loved the loafer part, and the whole backstory getting revealed. I do kind of feel bad for Lumiya in a way, being stuck in a cell with some insane girl with third-person problems. Good post.

4. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007

Luke then started crying. Mara knew it was the effects of the heavy drugs and the premature awakening. It was not pleasant for anyone to wake up from a deep sleep to be poked and prodded.

?Luke? What?s wrong, Skywalker?? she asked as she put her elbow above his head, stroked his hair with one hand and took both of his hands with her other hand.

?Yooou doooon?t wwwlove me any mooooore,? he said through tears.

Awwww! :( [:D]

?I love you, Mara. You are my everything, you and Ben. I love you so much.? Tears of joy ran down is face and soaked her tunic.

?How did I ever manage four years without you? I love you too, Luke,? she said, holding him tight.

[face_love]@};-

Had fun catching up with this story. :) Very well done and looking forward to more! [:D]

5. apyabt

apyabt Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2010
    Great story :), would you be able to put me on the pm list? Thanks!

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel: Ben is awesome, with his father?s kindness and his mother?s attitude

Jade_eyes: Hey, its Luke Skywalker. That man has 12365 lives! DUH! They are really cute together, aren?t they?

lost_lauries_grapes: MEAT LOAF IS AWESOME! (Both the guy and the food.)

I think anyone would enjoy kicking their significant other?s ex? especially if she happens to by Lumiya!

I love Ben, Leia and Han love!

Thanks

bender42: Computers can be epically stupid. Loafers are awesome! Yeah, you kinda have to feel just a tiny bit sorry for Lumiya, I think that?s the worse part of her punishment.

dancing_star: Thanks. I?m glad that you are enjoying it!

apyabt: thanks, sure thing!

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn
    apyabt

On? Off? Just ask!

NEXT TIME ON DAWNING!!! We have mushyness and Rogue ?kidnapping? randomness!

Oh. God.

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: I know Wookieepedia states that Union was in 20 ABY, making this technically L/M's 24th anniversary if this is 44 ABY, however some other sources states it was in 19 ABY, so it could also make this their 25th anniversary. For cuteness' sake lets pretend the other sources are right.

Chapter Nine

Luke held his head up as Mara brushed his hair. It had been a few days since his first physical therapy session and he had been doing his neck exercises on his own and he could already hold his head up and turn it. Mara had just given him a bath and now he was back in bed.

Mara glanced at her chrono. "I gotta leave for that stupid senate meeting now," she explained. "Are you sure that you're okay with Tekli helping you eat supper? If you don?t mind waiting an extra hour or so, I can come back and feed you and stay here the night."

Luke rolled his eyes. He hadn?t allowed her to stay the night with him since he woke. "No, Mara. I told you. I don?t want you to spend the night with me until we can make it a truly special occasion and spend it in the same bed. Now go. After your meeting I want you to go out and have some fun. It might be your last chance to do so. Cilghal says she is going to release me as soon as she feels confident that I am breathing fine on my own. That?s going to be any day now."

"Fine. Be that way," her voice was full of humour. She then kissed him. "See you later, Farmboy."

"I love you Mara!" he called as she left.

"Love you too," she said with a smile on her face as she left. After her senate meeting, she would have some fun because it was her and Luke?s 25th wedding anniversary. She had it all planned out with Cilghal. Luke wouldn?t get supper at his regular time, instead, Mara would return after the meeting and after running to the apartment to change. She would roll in another bed, feed Luke dinner by candlelight and lie beside him all night long.

Luke meditated, as he always did when Mara was gone from his room. He was using the Force to slowly re-generate his muscle tissue. He continued the work on his neck. It had taken him awhile to figure out how to do this and the process was quite slow, but it worked. Mara had no clue he was doing it, she would have called it unnecessary use of the Force. He had to agree with her, he was being lazy when physical therapy would work. But, by using the Force, he didn?t need anyone to help him.

He then felt three figures coming and groaned. He wasn?t opposed to visitors, but they never came this late. He had been expecting a quiet evening to himself after so many people came and went during the past few days.

Moments later, Luke opened his eyes to see Wedge Antillies, Wes Janson and Derek "Hobbie" Klivian entering his room. At least he would get a few laughs.

"Hey boss!" they all said in unison. They then took turns embracing him.

Wes then turned to Hobbie. "So, Hobbs, how are you going to one up ?Grand-Master-Fourteen-Surgeries-Fifty-Five-Days-In-A-Bacta-Tank-Four-Years-In-A-Coma??"

Hobbie threw his hands up in defeat. "I don?t." He turned to Luke and bowed. "You truly are the Master of the Bacta, Luke."

"Thanks," Luke replied sarcastically. "So, what are you three doing here so late? I love company but visiting hours are over. Cilghal is going to kill all of you."

Wes looked hurt. "Do we need an excuse to visit our favourite boss?"

Wedge huffed, but then smiled. "Actually Luke, Cilghal knows we are here. We are here to bust you out of here."

"Really?" he asked excitedly. He was done with Pablum, mashed tubers, and sleeping alone. He wanted fluffy hotcakes, nerf steak and to be tangled in Mara?s limbs.

Hobby nodded. "Consider it our anniversary gift for you and Mara."

"What anniversary?" he asked, confused.

"Oh, great gods," Wes muttered, putting his face in his palm. "I can?t believe he forgot!"

"Even I didn?t forget Iella?s and mine," Wedge muttered and turned away in disgust.

"Forget what? I don?t know what month it is! I?ve been in a coma for four kriffing years!" Luke railed.

"You brought the catalogue chip right Hobbie?" We

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I have just exploded with a very loud SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

:D [face_love] :* [face_love] :D

He was using the Force to slowly re-generate his muscle tissue. He continued the work on his neck. It had taken him awhile to figure out how to do this and the process was quite slow, but it worked. Mara had no clue he was doing it, she would have called it unnecessary use of the Force.

As far as I'm concerned, that is a very necessary use of the Force.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    melty, melt! and squee! squee!

Beautiful renewal vows & super helping out by the rogues -- but all the mush later -- yum!

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    The Rogues were actually being helpful. Somebody call the holopress! :D

Very cute chapter, Briannakin. :)

11. lost_lauries_grapes

Jun 27, 2006
    I love that the boys kidnapped Luke for the big night! Such a cute chapter, Briannakin!

Peace,
    Bea

12. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    Wow, that was good. I'm sure any of the billions, (Okay millions) of my girlfriend wuld not forgive me for forgetting something like that.

13. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Always a doctor. :DPoor Luke, he must feel really uncomfortable this moment.

The best wedding vow I've ever seen. Well, not exactly wedding...

Beautiful...@};-

14. JediKnightBeclyn

JediKnightBeclyn Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2011
    Oh yay! I'm so glad Luke is home and he and Mara can finally spend real time together! [face_love]

Great chapter! Can't wait for the next one. :)

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel: Yeah. That was definitely one of my most SQUEEEE worthy updates ever.

Jade_eyes: Thanks. It was a yummy chapter to write. And the Rogues are just a hoot.

JediMara77:The Rogues were actually being helpful. Somebody call the holopress

I know. Scary, huh?

Thanks.

lost_lauries_grapes: When the idea of the Rogues kidnapping Luke came into my head, I just had to go with it. Thanks.

bender42: Thanks. Mara probably would have slapped him if the Rogues hadn?t of saved the day.

Piper057: Thanks.

JediKnightBeclyn: Thank you!

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn
    apyabt

On? Off? Just ask!

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N #1: This chapter is kinda short, however, expect updates to come quicker than usual from now on. I?m halfway done the last chapter, then I only have the epilogue to do. I expect to be totally done by the end of the week (hopefully). When I am done, expect at least 3 updates a week.

A/N #2: Don?t worry, you?ll get the L/M mushy-morning-after goodness in the chapter after this, but for now, you get to see what Ben and Veri have been up to during this time, so this is a minor backtrack in time.

Chapter Ten

Ben ran. His heart pounded against his chest so hard, it hurt. He was gasping for more air as he continued to bound across the rocky landscape of Kaven. He was heading for tunnels of some sort.

His body continued to ache as he dashed through the tunnels. The scent of death was heavy in his nostrils and the feeling of pure evil filled the Force.

He finally came upon the body lying on top of Jacen's corpse? Wait! This wasn?t how this nightmare was supposed to go. Ben had had it enough to know how it was supposed to go. The corpse wasn?t Jacen?s. It was a girl with long brown hair and evil eyes. Those monstrous eyes had never changed.

Ben bent down like he always did in this nightmare to roll the body on top - the person still hanging on to life by a thread - over. This time he did not come face to face with his father, gurgling blood with glazed eyes.

This time, he came face to face with himself.

Ben gasped in horror and looked down at his hands. They weren?t his.

He turned to a nearby puddle to look at his reflection. Only, he did not find his reflection. He found his father staring back at him.

Gods, he needed to stop eating before he went to bed. These dreams were getting weird.

Ben?s dream took control of him, probably since he was getting derailed.

He walked over to his body like his father would have, picked himself up and held his body in his arms.

Yeah. This was getting kriffed up.

Ben woke up in a med-center bed, yet he was still in his dream. At least he was confident he was in his own body now. His body ached tremendously and he was slimy, like he had just been yanked out of a bacta tank. His body was being wiped off of the mucus-like substance. His sight was blurry and his connection to the Force was muted.

"Doctor Nolan! Sir. The patient has opened his eyes," A voice reported.

"What?!" a reply came. "What are his brainwaves showing?"

"Little," the voice was sad. There was the rustling of flimsiplast sheets and a few moments of silence.

"Hmmm. Yes. Well it is better than we expected. Poor kid really got his head banged in pretty bad. He might have the cognitive ability of a six month old."

Ben, even though he was in pain as needles were being poked in him, started to protest. He was lying right there! He could understand every word they were saying!

All that came out were moans and groans.

"He definitely has the ability to feel pain and vocalize it." There then was a hand on his shoulder. "It?ll be okay bud. We?ll get you cleaned up, then you can see your daddy."

The next few minutes of the dream were a blur.

Ben found himself in another med center bed in a new room, cleaned up and tucked in. He tried to move, to ask the nurse what was going on, but he could not.

The door opened and he saw a figure enter. He really wished he could see better or feel through the Force.

The figure loomed over him and Ben felt fearful. He was defenseless in his current condition.

A voice across the room then said, "He won?t recognize you. He is just scared. Everyone who has been in here has poked him with needles. Talk to him. It should calm him down."

The blurry figure then moved and sat down. Ben felt the figure take his hand and begin to rub it. He was mildly creeped out.

"Hey, Ben. It?s me, Dad." Ben instantly recognised the voice as his father?s. His father soothed him with the Force and he felt much better. Now, if he just could communicate to his father that he was okay.

Oh, what was the point? This was all just a dream anyways. He might as well simply enjoy the time with hi

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ben and veri are cute & that is one grizzly bear of a dream :eek:

Love having 3 updates a week :)

And looking forward to the mushy morning after.

With the Masters Skywalkers with toes curled and hearts melted LOL

18. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    That was a really cute chapter. :) I <3 Ben.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ben and Veri are so very cute together and I'm sure Luke is going to have a kickmout of meeting her.

I'm so looking forward to the morning after mush and the family reunion. [face_love]

:*

20. lost_lauries_grapes

Jun 27, 2006

"That, Veri dear, is from my uncle. Now, go make me a sandwich, woman."

Oh no, not the dreaded "make me a sammich" line! XD

Peace,
    Bea

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Jade_eyes: Thanks

JediMara77: Thanks. I <3 Ben too.

Hazel: Luke is going to have a kick out of Veri alright?.

lost_lauries_grapes: YES! It?s the sammich line!

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn
    apyabt

On? Off? Just ask!

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Chapter Eleven

Love making is awesome to begin with. Love making with someone you have a Force Bond with is mind blowing. Love making with someone you have a Force Bond with, on your 25th wedding anniversary, after you have been in a coma for four years is indescribable.

You and your lover became one with each other and, temporarily, one with the Force and love itself.

It was perfection.

Needless to say, Luke was smiling even when he woke, and not only because he found himself unclothed with a nude Mara in his arms with her hair cascading all over him.

She woke too and smiled up at him. She shifted slightly to kiss him on the cheek, then continued to gaze into his eyes.

No words were spoken for long moments.

Finally, Mara spoke.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"What do you want for breakfast?" she asked.

"Anything but baby food."

"That I can do." She then moved his hands and placed them atop of his body. She then kissed his forehead and sat up. "Why don't you get a bit more sleep and I'll make breakfast."

He didn't want to argue. "Alright."

She got up, threw on a robe and tucked him back in before leaving. He drifted blissfully back to sleep.

When Luke awoke again, Mara was walking back in with a tray of food. She set it on the end of the bed and walked over to his head with a huge wedge-shaped pillow, similar to the one he was lying on now, only this one would boost his torso up higher. She leaned him forward, placed the pillow down, and leaned him back again.

He smiled up at her and slowly and shakily moved his right arm so his fingers brushed her arm.

She looked at him in amazement.

"Farmboy!" she shouted in astonishment as she swung her arms around his neck.

"I just wanted to thank you, Honey."

"That's quite a thank you!"

"Well. It's going to be a while before I'm swinging a lightsaber," he said looking down at his arm. "Just that tired me out."

She smiled knowingly at him. "Do you want to give it a rest while I feed you?"

"Is it a bother?"

"Skywalker, you are always a bother, but never, never in that way." Mara then got the tray of food and sat beside him.

"Ooh! Hot-cakes and hot chocolate!" he exclaimed.

Once breakfast was finished, Mara explained to Luke how they were going to sanisteam together, one of his favourite post-love-making activities. She was going to put him in a sling and carry him to the sanisteam. There she would put him in a sanisteam-chair and they would do what they'd normally would do.

"It seems like a lot of work, Mara. You gave me a bath yesterday. Wouldn't it be easier if you just dressed me here, on the bed, and transferred me to my chair?"

She nodded. "Yeah, it would be easier. But we have time to kill before our council meeting and I know there is nothing either of us would rather do. Besides, we need to get you rolling yourself over. They say it's a good workout for you."

She then got out a large piece of fabric mesh and laid it on the bed. "Kay. Now I'm going to help you roll over onto the sling so that you are in the middle facing upward."

Luke had never felt so incapable. Mara had to roll him over to get him onto the sling, something a mere infant could have done.

Mara stopped there once she felt his mood shift. She covered him up with a blanket so that he would feel more dignified (she hadn't bothered to put anything on him). "Luke, tell me what you are feeling, and don't say it's nothing."

He struggled for the right words. "I? I've always been independent, now I'm not. But I know there is no other alternative."

She nodded. They were going to take this logically and calmly. "It's like the nursing home discussion. Are you worried that I'm having issues with this situation?"

"Yes."

"Skywalker, we are lucky. Because we are older, we can handle this better. If this had of happened when you were younger, you would probably would have had a much harder time with this. But it is still totally understandable that you are having issues with having to depend on people. But, like you said, there is no alternative. Also, I want to assure you that I am having no issues

23. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I really liked the Council scene. Remember when all the Jedi actually used to get along? Or disagree like adults? Perish the thought!

The end - you are evil, Briannakin!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

:D

The mushy morning after SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE!

Hot cakes and cocoa! Yum!

Melted with Mara's pep talk :*

The council meeting [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Kyp's mystery lady with the inital L... :* :*

;)

Sweet! reuniting with R2 & Ben.

:)

Yup, I like Ben have the appetite of an 18-year-old -- [face_mischief]

Veri -- :eek: & =D= for an excellently unexpected twisty.

25. lost_lauries_grapes

Jun 27, 2006
    And here comes the drama llama...[face_worried] I see that Ben likes the dangerous women in-dream and out.

Peace,
    Bea