main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawning (L/M and all the rest - Post-FOTJ?! "AU" - Completed - 04/10/11 - Now With A Cover!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 19, 2011.

1. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Whoops. Double post. [face_blush] Please see below.

2. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Wow. Just... wow.

Nice adjustment - sometimes AU stuff seems off, but this flows very smoothly.

And I MUST applaud the way you've handled Luke's coma - and the fact that he needs Physio Therapy (with help from the Force) to recover. You've got all the details - I know them because my brother (also Luke!) suffers from acquired brain injury. It's taken him 10 years, and he's still learning to walk, talk, etc, properly again. Thank you for not glossing over these facts - and also the niggling feelings that Luke keeps having about not being independent. =D= Very well done.

Uh-oh Ben. You're in trouble.... [face_worried]

PM, pretty please?

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I think I'll divide this into scenes:

You and your lover became one with each other and, temporarily, one with the Force and love itself.

What a wonderful way to describe it.

"What do you want for breakfast?" she asked.

"Anything but baby food."

[face_laugh]

Sweet and wonderful morning mush. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

He smiled up at her and slowly and shakily moved his right arm so his fingers brushed her arm.

She looked at him in amazement.

"Farmboy!" she shouted in astonishment as she swung her arms around his neck.

"I just wanted to thank you, Honey."

"That's quite a thank you!"

Awww!!! :*

"Luke, tell me what you are feeling, and don't say it's nothing."

He struggled for the right words. "I? I've always been independent, now I'm not. But I know there is no other alternative."

Very understandable and very realistic. And it's a good thing Mara got him to talk about it.

"Can you go get me some clothes? We're running a bit late now," some unexpected but pleasant things had happened in the sanisteam.

o_O I can imagine :D ;)

I loved the Council meeting scene with everone's reactions to Kyppie-poo and his secret girlfriend 'L'.

And Mara and Corran trying to stay awake and Luke failing completely. [face_laugh]

Family reunion time [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Great greetings from Artoo and Ben. I can see how happy they were to see Luke waiting for them.

"Father, I am back on Coruscant. I am succeeding in seducing the young Skywalker."

"Good, my daughter, though I think we have a better target to exact revenge on Mara Jade now," a raspy voice replied.

:eek: :mad: I actually liked her.

Why do they want to hurt Mara so much? [face_thinking]

Nice twist there, now I really can't wait to see how this develops.

Now, Briann: remember you said you'd keep your Darth Muse under control. It is still under control, RIGHT?

4. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

Beautiful. [face_love]

"The greatest thing parents can do for their children is to be happy." (c)

I love how she helps him not to feel helpless. :D

Students after the lecture! [face_laugh]

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    JediMara77: Thanks. I remember the good old days of the Grand Master not totally flipping out because the rest of the council didn?t agree with him.

You have not seen evil yet. MUHAHAHAHA!

Jade_eyes: Thanks. I?m glad you liked it.

lost_lauries_grapes: Ben is his father?s son? in more ways than just liking dangerous women.

Katana_Sundancer: Thank you so much [face_hug]. I was wary of AUs when started reading and writing fanfic, but I enjoy them as much as the cannon stuff now.

I do my research for fics because it really irks me when profic authors ? who get paid money? don?t do their research. Thank you again. Some of the physio stuff and feelings of dependence are from personal experiences - I suffered brain damage when I was born and it only affects me physically.

Ben is a Skywalker? he?s always in trouble!

Of course I?ll add you.

Hazel: I?m glad you are enjoying this. The council scene came to me from months of falling asleep in physics class.

The fact that you guys liked Veri makes her ?true nature? ten times more entertaining for me!

Now, about my Darth Muse? I?m just going to have to whistle innocently. But could I ever kill my farmboy? (if you have read my first vignette posted on here ever, the answer is yes). [face_devil]

Piper057: Thank you.

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn
    apyabt
    Katana_Sundancer

On? Off? Just ask!

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Chapter 12

Over the next few days, Ben made sure his father was at ease with his son taking care of him. Ben was stronger than his mother and so taking care of Luke was not a big deal. Plus it was Ben?s mission to care for his father, so he had nothing better to do with his time.

Today was Luke?s first real physical therapy appointment. Ben had driven him to Ashlana Tano?s building where the receptionist told them to go to a certain level and get changed into their swim trunks.

?You?re not uncomfortable with this, are you Ben?? Luke asked as Ben, already in his blinding floral orange swim trunks, changed his father into his dark green swim shorts in the large changing room.

Ben rolled his eyes. ?Dad. We went over this when I helped Mom bathe you. This is your revenge on me since I liked to run around naked when I was two.?

?You were four when you went through that stage.?

?Hey! Just be thankful I?m not still going through it,? Ben retorted. ?I?m not uncomfortable with this. Maybe if it were Mom it would be awkward. But we have the same parts, I assure you.?

?The fact that you just said that without blushing is a tribute to how much you are your mother?s son.?

?Dad, the fact that I can name all the parts without turning beet red, doesn?t mean I?m not your son too. I think this simply training for when you get really old and really grey and I have to change your diapers every single day for the rest of your crippled life.?

?Have some respect for the elderly,? Luke admonished as Ben lifted him back into his chair. ?What does your mother call you again??

?Ungrateful spawn?? Ben offered.

?Yes. Have some respect, my ungrateful spawn.?

Ben raised an eyebrow. ?I need some respect? According to Uncle Han, you had no respect at my age.?

?Didn?t your mother tell you anything? Don?t listen to Uncle Han. He lies.?

Ben was too busy laughing to retort.

They then made their way out to the pool. Waiting for them was Ashlana Tano in a bathing suit.

?Hello Master Skywalker,? she said. She then turned to Ben. ?Hello, you must be Ben.?

Ben smiled. ?Yes,? he said as he shook her hand. ?You must be Ashlana Tano.?

?I am. Luke, I see you have developed control of your neck over the past few days. Is there anything else you can move now??

Luke smiled. ?I can move my right elbow quite a bit, Mara has been helping me feed myself with my right arm, and I have some range with my shoulder.? He showed her, flexing his elbow and shakily rising up his arm a bit.

Ashlana smiled. ?Great. We?ll see if we can improve that range today. We will focus on your arms for the first few sessions. The muscles in your arms will be easier to build up since it isn?t a safety risk for you to use them even when they are weak. Shall we get you in a life-vest and get in the pool??

Luke nodded. Ashlana and Ben helped him into a life-vest then Ben picked his father up and started into the pool. As soon as the warm water touched Luke, he sighed in relief.

?He likes warm water. My mother and I have given him a warm ripple bath every day since I?ve been back,? Ben explained as he let his father float.

Ashlana nodded. ?Most patients with severe muscle atrophy do. The warmth relaxes while the water lets them be free of their hover chair and bed.?

?It makes me feel like I?m almost normal again,? Luke added as he let the small waves drift his arms and legs out. It felt good to be stretched out.

?It also prevents bedsores. Luke, if it comforts you, make Ben bathe you every day. It will only help you.?

?And Dad,? Ben added, ?You know that neither mom or I mind doing it for you.?

Luke smiled. ?I know.?

Ashlana then started the therapy session, getting Luke to move his arms and moving them, along with his legs for him. He had been able to put his right arm all the way above his head with the help of the water.

When Ashlana bent his left knee and brought it to his chest, he winced in pain. She immediately put it back. ?Did that hurt, Luke?? she asked, concerned.

?Yes, only my knee when you brought it past the ninety degree mark.? he knew he had to be spe

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Now, about my Darth Muse? I?m just going to have to whistle innocently. But could I ever kill my farmboy? (if you have read my first vignette posted on here ever, the answer is yes).

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

I love LOVE love Ben with Luke - they're so cute and so funny. [face_laugh] [face_love]

It was great that Ashlana gave Ahsoka's diary to Luke - it will shown him a side of Anakin he never got to know.

MORE SOON, PLEASE!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    cool about the diary and now i know why ashlana's last name is so familiar and the father/son banter was sweet and warm

Puffy cakes and hot chocolate -- yum!

9. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Very nice interaction with Ben and Luke. :)

And your Darthy muse is MUCH nicer in regards to Ahsoka's fate than mine is. Muahahahahahaha.

10. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    I had a feeling she was related to Ahsoka. I've been waiting for the big reveal since you introduced her character! It's nice that Ben is so willing to help Luke. I couldn't ever do something like that.

Peace,
    Bea

11. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I love Ben's snark, offsetting his willingness to do anything that Luke needs. Sometimes, you just have to joke about these things.

Wonderful. [:D]

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel: Thanks. I love writing Ben and Luke.

Jade_eyes: I wondered why no one called me out on the Tano thing.

JediMara77: I love Ben and Luke. Their relationship is almost exactly the same as my mother?s and mine in the profic. Here, in this situation, they kinda resemble me and my dad.

I was nice to Ahsoka here because I cut her in two AFTER she survived order 66 in my first fanfic.

lost_lauries_grapes: It?s odd. You never think you can help your parent with a disability until you actually have to do it. I?ve been there before.

Katana_Sundancer: Thank you. I can really relate to Ben here. I had to help my father (who was blind and having organ failure) the last few months if his life. I was willing to help him, but that didn?t save him from my snark.

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn
    apyabt
    Katana_Sundancer

On? Off? Just ask!

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Chapter 13

"Are you sure you want to go Dad?" Ben asked his father as he finished tying Luke's bow-tie for him. Tonight there was a huge dinner and ball at the old Imperial Palace, celebrating the fourth anniversary of the joining of the Imperial Remnant and the Galactic Alliance. The Skywalkers had been invited, of course. "I know Mom wouldn't mind getting out of it."

Ben was in his tuxedo and was helping his father get into his. Luke had gained a lot more movement in his arms and torso in the past few weeks of physical therapy, though he still had weakness issues. Ben was concerned about his father because they had gone to a rigorous therapy session today so Ben knew his father was tired.

"Your mother is just going to have to suck it up. I want to go and I want to see Han, Leia, Jaina and Jag," Luke said as Ben handed him his lightsaber and he clipped it on his belt, not that he'd be using it any time soon. "Plus I want to meet this girl your always sneaking off to see."

Ben turned red. He had invited Veri as his date. The Fels were picking them and her up, along with the Solos, in one of Jag's limos.

Mara then exited the refresher in a slimming blue dress. Her hair was in loose ringlets. "Are you two ready yet?" she asked, grabbing a shimmering grey shawl.

"Almost, Mom," Ben replied as he tied his father's shoes, then stood back up.

"You look lovely, Mara," Luke commented, reaching out his left hand to her.

"Thank you. You don't look half bad yourself, for a farmboy," she said with a smirk as she accepted his hand. "Come you two handsome men. I think the limo is here." She then led the way out.

Getting Luke into the limo had been a task. Unlike the family speeder, the limo's door was small and low to the ground. Mara ended up having to get in first and then Ben picked his father up out of the hover chair and handed him to her.

Once inside, Luke received a reassuring grin from Jaina, who was in Jag's arms. "Don't worry Uncle Luke. We had a harder time getting me in here," she said, patting her very swollen belly, as Mara and Ben moved him and themselves to their seats. Jaina was in a flowing purple dress while Jag was in a suit and tie.

"How long until I can call your father a grandpa?" Luke asked as the limo took off.

"According to Cilghal, one of them is so big, they are both going to come any day now, even though the due date is a month away," Jagged answered with a smile. He was ready to be a dad.

Luke had wished Mara's pregnancy could have been filled with as much joy as he was feeling from Jag and Jaina right now, but he knew he was lucky to have both of them here with him.

They then arrived at the Jedi Temple, and Ben jumped out to get Veri.

When they returned, Ben introduced the tanned, dark-haired girl in the olive green dress to his father.

"Dad, this is Veri Kayn. Veri, this is my dad."

"It's a pleasure," Luke said, holding out his hand. He got an odd feeling from the girl. Her thoughts and feelings were so blocked, he got nothing from her. Like she had some thing on her mind she wanted to hide. It wasn't suspicious necessarily, but it did make him wonder.

She took his hand and shook it gently. "It's an honour to finally meet you. Ben complains about you daily."

Luke laughed but found it odd that this girl's name was similar to "Vestara Khai", Ben's girlfriend in his dream that betrayed Ben and tried to murder him.

Then they stopped at another apartment building and Han and Leia got in.

Dinner had been less than fabulous. They had been served soup, something Luke needed help eating or else he ended up wearing it. Luke had seen the glances from others as Mara fed him. Now it was time for awkward conversation.

"They say he should be in a nursing home with the type of care he needs, but apparently Ben and Mara are taking care of his every need, even bathing and dressing him. I hear she even has him set up so that they can sleep in the same bed together. She's so good to him."

That was the fifth comment Luke had caught like this. He had always been a gossip topic, ever

14. lost_lauries_grapes

Jun 27, 2006
    Of course, Jaina would go into freaking labor in the middle of social function. LOL! And dude, Hakon! I love Hethan's name too, holy kriff. And Han blustering like an idiot at "becoming" a grandfather. I wonder if TK will let slip about Allana. Nice post, Briannakin!

Peace,
    Bea

15. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Very nice post. :)

Ben, Veri, I need you two to cause a distraction. Insult a bothan if you have to.

[face_laugh]

"Alright," Mara nodded as they entered their chambers. "Besides, Han is already sharing two grandchildren with Soontir Fel, he probably does not want to know he also shares one with Isolder."

Ahahahaahahahahaahahaha

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ohhh, babies :*

Great choice of names, Briann - I'm glad I could help.

That was the fifth comment Luke had caught like this.

I hope Luke doesn't pay attention to those idiotic gossip queens.

She then got up and sat sideways in his lap. She made his left hand go across her waist and rested his hand on her hip and put her arms around his neck.

[face_love]
    This has to be one of the most romantic ways of dancing ever. And it has the added advantage of no one stepping on the other one's toes :D

"It's a boy," he said with a smile.

She smiled. "I was right." There was a long going bet between the couple: what gender would the babies be. Jag was adamant that there would be one of each while Jaina knew they were both boys.

"His brother is coming," she continued, breathlessly.

"Sister," Jag corrected.

"Brother."

[face_laugh]

Wonderful chapter, Briann - More soon, please. :*

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful moments except for those dimwits at the ball :( -- but J/J stole the show and their new arrivals.

:D

18. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    Sorry I haven't been around recently, had some... problems. Anyway, good post. If Veri isn't Vestara, I'll eat my socks. Have to feel bad for Jag though, I doubt he knows what he's in for...

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    lost_lauries_grapes: Yup. Skywalker timing! I love Han, but I love Grandpa!Han even more. Sadly, Allana does not make an appearance in this fic, but I am leaving enough room for myself IF I ever run out of plot bunnies hopping around in my head and I wanted to do a sequel. I?m thinking a full length sequel is highly unlikely, but a vignette or two might be fun if I ever want to revisit this AU story line. ANYWAYS, thanks.

JediMara77: Thanks. That Soontir/Isolder line is one of my favourites in this fic. The Solo twins really know how to rebel against Han.

Hazel: Yes, yes. I?d thought I?d give you babies before I got evil. Thanks. Are you sure you want more? (Yes, you do.) I decided to make them both boys to break the mould and as a tribute to my two brothers who are twins (Josh and Jo (J/J)).

Jade_eyes: Just ignore the dimwits!

bender42: Thanks, but sorry, you are going to have to eat your socks, Veri isn`t Vestara, but she is based off Vestara. Yup. Jag is screwed.

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn
    apyabt
    Katana_Sundancer

On? Off? Just ask!

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Chapter 14

"Ben, I am your father!"

"Shut up, Dad."

Mara sat in the armchair in her living room, sipping her caff as she checked her mail on her datapad one weekend morning. Her husband, supported by a million pillows, and son were sitting on the floor, playing "Galactic Heroes: Jedi and Sith" on the XiIi, a video game console. She glanced up to see a computerized Darth Vader slice a computerized version of her husband in two. A large KO appeared on the screen.

"Ha! I win again!" Luke announced, rising both arms in victory. He had been playing as his father.

"You suck," Ben announced, he had been playing as his own father. "Both you and the video game version of you."

"Want to try again?"

"Only if I get to play as mom," Ben said as he selected ?Mara Jade (Skywalker)' from the character selection menu. "Now I can use a lightsaber and blasters."

"Fine," Luke huffed. "I'm being Yoda," he announced as he selected the Jedi Master.

"DAD! THAT IS NOT FAIR AND YOU KNOW IT!"

Mara rolled her eyes but chuckled as she returned to reading her mail. The chuckling immediately ceased as next piece of mail popped up on her screen.

To: Mara Jade Skywalker
    Subject: Information

Mara gasped. Dr. Shern Mosar was a man few people knew. He had been Emperor Palpatine's personal physician. Mara had met the man a few times, briefly. His identity and job had been kept top secret during the Emperor's reign for Palpatine's safety and for his own and, to her knowledge, he had slipped into oblivion after the Emperor's death. It baffled Mara why he was contacting her now. Even though his name hadn't entered in mind in years, decades even, she figured the man must be dead by now.

"Mara?" Luke asked, pausing the game as he sensed her uneasiness and confusion. He did his best to turn his head to look at her. "What is it?"

"Just a letter from someone odd," she replied as she opened the message and started reading.

Dear Mrs. Mara Jade Skywalker

I am Doctor Shern Mosar and I am sure you remember who I am, even though our handful of meetings were short and over four decades ago. To make this simple: I am dying and I do not want to die with some things on my conscience. I've already made my peace with the galaxy for keeping the Emperor alive when I had so many chances to kill him by donating my fortune to building a med-center in one of the poorest provinces of Ryloth. But I want to cleanse my heart the most hideous crime I believe I committed. I know who your father was. If you come to Chandrila, I will be able to give you this information.

-S. Mosar

"Mara?" Luke asked again. She was too shocked to hear him. She was too shocked to form coherent thoughts.

"Mom?" Ben got up from the floor and sat at her side. He wrapped an arm around her as he read over her shoulder. He then took the datapad out of her hands and handed it to his father as he wrapped her in a hug.

"Mara, do you want to go to Chandrila?" Luke asked once he was done reading.

After a few moments of stillness, Mara nodded.

After the twelve hour trip to Chandrila, Luke felt horrible. Both Ashlana Tano and Cilghal were wary about letting him go into hyperspace, even if it was only a half of a day, but they had let him. His body, especially his joints, hurt more because of the strain of hyperspace on his still weak body.

"I'll give you a nice massage once we are back on the ship and a long hot ripple bath once we are home," Mara promised him as they made their way through the halls of the nursing home where Shern Mosar was being cared for.

"Thank you." Luke was not only thanking his wife for the promise to relieve his aches, but also for not putting him in a nursing home. Death bogged down the Force here, even though the atmosphere was otherwise pleasant.

They entered Shern's room to see a very elderly man sitting in a bed, being tended to by a woman in her mid-30's. They both looked up and smiled kindly.

"Mara Jade Skywalker," Shern said with a smile. Although the had not met in forty years, they felt, somehow connected. Both ha

21. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    "Ben, I am your father!"

"Shut up, Dad."

"Ha! I win again!" Luke announced, rising both arms in victory. He had been playing as his father.

"You suck," Ben announced, he had been playing as his own father. "Both you and the video game version of you."

"Want to try again?"

"Only if I get to play as mom," Ben said as he selected ?Mara Jade (Skywalker)' from the character selection menu. "Now I can use a lightsaber and blasters."

"Fine," Luke huffed. "I'm being Yoda," he announced as he selected the Jedi Master.

Ha. Boys will be boys - even when they're Jedi.

I feel so sorry for Mara - finding out Palps is your father would be horrifying.

Ben's reaction was interesting. I can see a school project now - "Ways in which My Family is the Most Messed Up in the Galaxy".

And really loved how Luke handled Mara. He certainly knows all about daddy issues.

Well done, Briannakin!

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Want to try again?"

[face_laugh] They're great! [face_laugh]

"As you know, Palpatine attempted to create a child," Shern began.

Oh-ho...

Ensori was Palpatine's bratty son. Not many people knew about him. His mother died giving birth to the hideous thing and he was raised in the Imperial Palace by nannies and the occasional unfortunate Emperor's Hand, Voice, Reach or Eyes that got put on ?Ensori Duty' until the Emperor died.

I take it Mara was one of those unfortunate Emperor's Hands.

I'm sorry Mara. You were Palpatine's first child.

:eek: Talk about Daddy issues.

"I killed her. I killed her with the dark side when I took my first breath?. He was my father. My father?" She then addressed Shern again. "I? I have to go,"

Oh, no! Don't Mara - it's not your fault. :(

Ben smiled. "Yes, but you are much more than that. You're my dad. Because you raised me and are such a good father, I am honoured to say that you're my dad."

Awwwww, I love Ben :*

Luke disagreed with her plans. He pinned her down with the Force. A very, very necessary use of the Force. "No. I'm just getting comfortable," he said with a sly grin as he brushed Mara?s hair out of her face. He knew what Mara needed at this moment: a good laugh, then they could talk with ease.

Unfortunately, he wasn't rewarded with one. "Luke, please."

"Please what? Kiss you? Alright." He did just that.

"Luke, you're intolerable," she huffed.

"That's why you married me," he said with his best Solo lopsided grin impression.

Hehehehe, way to go Farmboy [face_love]

"You are not your father. If you are then that means I'm my father, then that means we still deserve each other. I love you and don't you dare ever doubt that."

Good point. This is definitely the perfect family for Mara.

Wonderful snuggle moments. [face_love] :*

I just ocurred to me, Briann [face_thinking] does this Ensori have anything to do with Veri and her father?

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Briann! =D= =D= =D= I've read a passel of Mara originesque ideas but never has anyone presented the idea of her being Palps's actual daughter by any means -- brilliant twisty turn there!

Love Luke's supportiveness -- LOL phrase: daddy issues.

OMG, a Dr. Phil reference rofl!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_mischief]

24. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

"Luke, I'm your father.

No, that's impossible!" (c) [face_laugh]

Wonderful chapter. [:D]I love how you wrote Mara's reaction and how Luke and Ben dealt with it.

25. lost_lauries_grapes

Jun 27, 2006
    "Ben, I am your father!"

"Shut up, Dad."

Mara sat in the armchair in her living room, sipping her caff as she checked her mail on her datapad one weekend morning. Her husband, supported by a million pillows, and son were sitting on the floor, playing "Galactic Heroes: Jedi and Sith" on the XiIi, a video game console. She glanced up to see a computerized Darth Vader slice a computerized version of her husband in two. A large KO appeared on the screen.

"Want to try again?"

THIS SCENE WAS PRICELESS! [face_laugh]

Poor Mara! Yikes! She's got Luke & Ben, she'll be alright. :)

Peace,
    Bea