main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawning (L/M and all the rest - Post-FOTJ?! "AU" - Completed - 04/10/11 - Now With A Cover!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 19, 2011.

1. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Yay, 2 hour read-a-thon. I love when I get the opportunity to do this :D

This a great story, highly addictive. I'm loving this mushy re-write of LOTF and FOTJ, both are a bit grim :(

Loving Mara, loving Luke and loving Ben, great characterisation! Also loving the new plot twists, oh dear, I'm hoping Ben's dream wasn't a premonition!

Please put me on the PM list, can't wait for the next update :)@};-

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Katana_Sundancer: I just love that scene. It shows how the Skywalker boys are just like regular males.

Yeah, it was pretty horrifying for her.

Ben is jus Ben, he has the most messed up family, but he?s still awesome. And well, Luke is just the man we all love.

Thank you

Hazel: Yeah, Mara was one of the unfortunate Emperor's Hands. Thanks, and do you want A COOKIE? Ensori does come up again, in relation to Veri?.

Jade_eyes: Thanks. This fic had a lot of twists in it, even some I didn?t foresee.

Piper057: Thank you. Some of the final words I can remember my father telling me: BRIANN, I AM YOUR FATHER!

lost_lauries_grapes: That scene came out of nowhere and I still giggle when I picture it. Mara is going to be just fine.

Wifflesnip: Don?t you love those read-a-thons? I do. Thank you. Grim is an understatement for LOTF in my opinion, though FOTJ isn?t too, too bad so far. Mushyness is awesomeness. You are on the PM list!

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn
    apyabt
    Katana_Sundancer
    Wifflesnip

On? Off? Just ask!

3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: Oh noes! It?s the second last chapter! The final chapter and Epilogue will probably be posted Sunday (if I survive the wedding that I?m being forced into going to).

Song for this chapter: Bruno Mars - Grenade

Chapter 15

?Skywalker, I gotta get going.?

?No. I don?t want you to go.?

?Skywalker. Come on, move your arm.?

?No,? he repeated. Luke was in bed, with his wife. She had to leave for Kesh at an unholy hour this morning on official Jedi business to welcome the planet into the New Empire. She would be gone for three weeks and he couldn?t go with her because he couldn?t spend the week in hyperspace needed to get there.

?The faster you let me leave, the faster I get back. Now move your arm so I can go have a sanisteam.?

?Fine,? Luke muttered.

?Oh, stop sulking,? Mara groaned as she rolled out of bed.

After her sanisteam, Mara came back into her room to get her bag and to kiss her husband goodbye. He, of course, was sound asleep, snoring away. She didn?t want to wake him, even a few months after he woke from his coma Luke still had exhaustion issues. So she kissed his cheek in his slumber and left.

Veri never let a opportunity slip through her fingers. So when Ben called her, asking her to get his father up and feed the old geezer breakfast while he dealt with Master Durron?s latest fiasco, she, of course, had said yes.

Quickly dressing in the early dawn light, she slipped a vial of poison in her pocket. The poison; clear, odourless and tasteless, would mimic the effects of a massive seizure, stopping the heart of who ever drank even a drop.

She also slipped another vial out of her hidden cubby in her room. With this one, she poured the red liquid into her eyes. They absorbed it quickly and the Ysalamiri blood went straight to her brain. It would block her from the Force for about a day, but now, no Force-user could read her thoughts or sense her intentions. She used Ysalamiri blood whenever dealing with Mara Jade Skywalker, her father?s enemy? and half sister.

Luke woke when he felt a strange presence enter his room. He opened his eyes to see Veri Kayn walk in.

?Good morning, Master Skywalker,? she said with a bow. ?Ben had to leave for a few minutes, Master Durron got into some sort of trouble.?

?Again?? Luke asked. Ben was often rushing off to bail Kyp out of something stupid. Luke knew the girl was not lying to him, he could sense both Ben, annoyed, and Kyp, embarrassed, in the same area across the planet. Still, Luke couldn?t help but be suspicious of this girl. He could get nothing off of her from the Force.

?Again,? she confirmed. ?So Ben asked me to come and get you into your chair once you woke and get you your breakfast.?

He was wary of her but he did not let her see this. ?Alright. Thank you,? he said, pushing blankets off of himself, revealing his night-pants and under tunic clad body. She helped him slide his body into his hover chair and positioned his feet.

?I made caf,? Veri offered as she followed him out into the kitchen. She got the caf pot and poured him a mug. Oddly, there was just enough caf in the pot for one mug. She immediately put the pot in the washer. ?What do you take in it??

?Blue milk,? he replied, playing along. He actually hated caf in the morning. He was a hot chocolate guy.

She prepared his caf for him and set the mug in front of him on the table. ?Um? Do you need any help? I noticed at the ball a few weeks ago, Mara was feeding you.?

Luke waved her off with a overly shaky hand. He was playing his tremor up. ?No, no. But could you get me a nichi-nut bran muffin. Mara has me on this horrible bran diet. They are in that container on the counter.?

?Sure,? she said, turning her back.

As soon as Veri turned her back, Luke heard a voice in his head: don?t drink it. Luke listened. Making it look like he was trying to pick up the mug with his shaking hands, he spilled the boiling liquid all over himself.

Veri gasped when she suddenly turned around.

?Useless arms!?

4. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    I feel like this entry deserves this response....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Aw, evil cliffhanger, I have to say I expected Ben to get injured by Veri not Luke and that his dream might come slightly true. Aw, poor Lukie-bear, he just keeps getting beaten up :( [:D] [face_love]

Great entry, the Skywalker family is very twisted. I had to giggle a little when I realised that this makes Palpatine, Luke's father in law. Phew, that would have been a heck of a wedding if it had occurred when Vader and Palpatine had been alive. Wonder what will happen to Veri when Mara discovers the full truth?

Anyway, so sad that the next entry is the last one :_|

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, I want a cookie :D

Veri never let a opportunity slip through her fingers. So when Ben called her, asking her to get his father up and feed the old geezer breakfast while he dealt with Master Durron?s latest fiasco, she, of course, had said yes.

OH, NO!!!! [face_worried]

They absorbed it quickly and the Ysalamiri blood went straight to her brain. It would block her from the Force for about a day, but now, no Force-user could read her thoughts or sense her intentions.

This is interesting, I've often wondered about any kind of Ysalamiri fluids used to conceal or subdue Force-users. Nice touch.

She used Ysalamiri blood whenever dealing with Mara Jade Skywalker, her father?s enemy? and half sister.

Hehehe, I knew it! I'll have my cookie now - chocolate chip if you have any.

?Blue milk,? he replied, playing along.

Oh, good - Luke is onto her. :)

Everything happened in an instant. One second, Ben was defending his girlfriend?s honour, the next, he felt his father shoving him and the rest of the crowd to the safety of the building at the end of the walkway. Ben managed to catch his father?s eyes, blue and full of pain, before everything went to hell.

[face_worried]

Luke tried his best to smile. ?I love you Ben,? he whispered as his head lolled back and darkness took over.

:_|

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: :( oh my briann! this was super edge of seatness in the cliffhanger department. =D= Definitely looking forward to the next part. =D=

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Wifflesnip: Lol. It does. I?m evil, I know. I enjoy beating up our Lukie-Bear.

I had to giggle a little when I realised that this makes Palpatine, Luke's father in law. Phew, that would have been a heck of a wedding if it had occurred when Vader and Palpatine had been alive.

LOL! *tries to kill all the plot bunnies*

I?m sad too that this is over. I had so much fun with it.

Hazel: Fine. A chocolate chip cookie it is then. The next chapter will make up for my evilness!

Jade_eyes: Thanks!

PM List:
    Hazel
    Bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn
    Apyabt
    Katana_Sundancer
    Wifflesnip

On? Off? Just ask!

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: First of all, I would like to thank everyone for reading and reviewing and a special thanks to Jade_eyes for beta?ing.

The song for the last chapter is Arms - Christina Perri. Every time I hear this song, I think of Mara and Luke.

Cheers! [:D][:D][:D]

Chapter 16

Waiting was of the Dark Side. Ben knew this for a fact. He had been allowed in the medical transport when the healers had arrived, and had held his father?s hand all the way to the Jedi temple. Once they arrived, however, he had been forced to wait in the waiting room.

None of his family had arrived yet, thankfully. It was easier to pace like a madman when you were alone.

"Ben?" Kyle Katarn said, entering the waiting room.

Ben snapped to attention, allowing the master to continue.

"I?ve been assigned the investigation into the bombing attack on your father. Several witnesses say they saw a girl matching Veri Kayn?s description fleeing the scene just after the bombs went off. Can you confirm this?"

Ben closed his eyes and sank back into one of the chairs. This couldn?t be right. Veri was a nice girl. He loved her. He paled when he remembered his conversation he was having with his father when the bombs had gone off.

"Ben? Was it Veri? I need to know," Katarn asked.

Then, another being entered the room, Cilghal. "Ben. Your father is out of surgery. He is too weak to be put in a bacta tank so we have him wrapped in bacta-bandages and he is in one of the recovery rooms, you can see him once you tell Master Katarn what you know."

Great. Now he had two masters interrogating him. This couldn?t be happening. Veri was a nice girl. She had no reasons to kill his father.

"Ben," Cilghal urged. "I don?t want your father waking to find that he is by himself. He will worry and your father?s body can not take any stress right now."

Ben closed his eyes. "It was Veri. But she is a good girl, there is no way she did this on her own. Once you obtain her, could I see her?"

Master Katarn nodded. "I?ll see what I can do. But your first concern should be your father."

Ben nodded. "He is. May I see him?" he asked as Katarn hurried off.

Cilghal nodded. "Yes, but before we go in there, you should know that, while your father may look in bad shape, he actually fared pretty well considering what happened to him. He has several minor burns, a few broken ribs on his left side and his left arm is broken in several places. Because of this, we have immobilised his left arm and it is to stay immobile. He also has a hairline fracture on the left side of his skull, so he may be dizzy and he will have to stay here for awhile. Come, follow me."

Cilghal led Ben to one of the recovery rooms. It had a large window so that the healers could monitor his father without disturbing him. Ben?s heart sank when he saw that his father was hooked up to so many machines again. His entire arm was in a brace and he was covered in bacta-bandages. Ben felt like it was all his fault.

He kept his calm as he entered and sat by his father?s side, holding his hand.

"It?ll be awhile before he wakes," Cilghal informed him. "He has a concussion and needs his rest, so when he does wake, talk to him for a little bit but urge him to sleep. I?ll be checking on him every once and awhile." She then left.

That afternoon was a long one for Ben. He could sense his entire family comfort him in the Force, and Uncle Han and Aunt Leia had even come to check on him, but they were ushered out. His father wasn?t allowed too much stimulation when he woke. If he ever did.

Ben started to become fearful but his fears were all washed away when his father started moaning just after dinner time.

"Dad?" Ben stood up so that his father could see him clearly but still held his father?s unharmed right hand. When his father opened his eyes, Ben smiled. "Hey. How are you feeling?"

"My head is killing me."

Ben continued smiling. "Well, you did fall fifty metres. Get some more rest. I have to go deal with something but I?ll be bac

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Her husband lay in one, not looking too bad for a man who had survived three assassination attempts in one day.

That's Luke Skywalker for you. :p

"Oh Farmboy. I think it?s time for you to tell Ben about you and Leia."

[face_laugh] It is true that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

He then, even though it hurt, wrapped his arms around her. She was then home.

Awww [face_love]

Ben had started dating Tegwen Celchu, daughter of Tycho and Winter Celchu, a few weeks after the ?Veri incident?. Veri and her father were safely locked away. Tegwen, much like Ben, had been a blessing late in her mother?s childbearing years and had her father wrapped around her pinkie ever since her birth. Although all parents like annoying each-other, Mara, Luke, Winter and Tycho couldn?t be happier.

I approve. :D

"It?ll take a few years - thank the Force and Skywalker timing - but I?m going to be a grandpapa!" he said, proudly as he wrapped his arms around his beautiful wife. She was home.

YAY!!!! [face_dancing]

Wonderful story, Briann! Are you sure it's over? 'Cause a story like this should NEVER end.

[:D] :* [:D] :* [:D]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A marvelous finish. =D= =D=

It has been a most gripping and entertaining read all the way. @};-

I cannot express how wonderful it is to have such great L/M fixer-uppers as you, Hazel, and JM77. [:D] [:D]

[face_dancing]

11. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Kissing cousins, oh my.

Very nice finish. There should be canon Celchu children! Should should should! They would be awesome to the power of ten!

Grandpapa Luke - I want to see that!

Thanks for writing this. I definitely enjoyed it.

12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Delurking now. :) Loved all the medical detail you put into this story.

Personally, he was thankful for the coma.

Probably the first and only time anyone was ever thankful for having been in a coma, right there...

13. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Poor, poor Ben. But Mara goading about him and Leia was hilarious! [face_laugh] Loved the story, Bri!

Peace,
    Bea

14. JediKnightBeclyn

JediKnightBeclyn Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2011
    Awesome ending to an fantastic story Briannakin! I love how Luke is still a force to be reckoned with even when he's at his weakest. And Ben is such a great son! Very well done characterizations.

Anyway, I've enjoyed every chapter of this story immensely and I'm going to miss getting PMs when you update. :_| I hope you get an idea for another story soon, and I look forward to reading it! Thank you!! [:D]

15. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    Hilarious!
    I was cracking up as I read this, and really enjoyed the charecterizations. Good jobb, and hope you start something new soon!

16. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    I can't believe it's over! :_|:_|:_|

Thank you for your wonderful story. @};-

17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I can't believe that I dismissed this fic when I saw the title. *smacks self*

The beauty of fan fiction is that we can write anything we want. e.g. make anyone Mara's parents (Obi-Wan and Satine in my case). Making Palpatine Mara's father was a nice twist since he was an uncaring, manipulative jerk who never cared for anyone for longer than twenty minutes, and that was only if he could use them.

Glad Ben found a nice girl.

18. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    I kid you not, I just read this entire story in one sitting. And may I say: WOW!

That was supremely fantastic, and other than your use of the words 'hon' 'honey' and 'babe' (which I hate in any situation, so no slam on you :D ) I loved it.

The way you captured the various couples and the multi-layer dynamics of the whole group made the story flow beautifully. Perhaps that's why I didn't feel the need to stop reading once I'd started :p

I liked the Jaina/Jag deal a lot. I also loved the Council meeting. Luke fell asleep and Kyp has a secret lover. AWESOME!

MJR[face_flag]

19. Jedi_Saber101

Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    "What happened between you and Aunt Leia before you found out you were twins?" Ben asked genuinely curious.

"They made out a few times," Mara blurted.

"Gross!" Ben moaned.

"We kissed three times. There was never any ?making out?," Luke said, defending himself.

"That?s not what Han told me what happened on Hoth," Mara taunted.

"MOOOOM!"

"MARA!"

BAHA!
    Priceless. Absolutely priceless. I love it! This was actually one of the best fanfics I've read yet. And I've been reading for quite a few years, if y'know what I mean. I might've cried when I realized that it was finished, but oh well. I'll just keep going back and reading. :D

And SQUEE! [face_love]

20. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Ahhhh! I love this so much! I just stayed up wayyyyy later than I meant to cause I HAD to finish it!!!! Beautiful beautiful, thank you so much for such a wonderful story!!! I'll write more soon, but I just wanted to unleash my thrilled self on you!! That was absolutely the best long-ish fic I have read in a LONG time!! Well done!!!!!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys. Thank you so much for the wonderfu reviews. If you haven't read it yet, there is a prequel vignette to Dawning (there is a link to it in the first post). I am also working on a sequel, which I will probably start posting in September or October.

I also want to thank you guys for nominating this fic for three awards:

Best Alternative Universe
    Best Romance
    Best Canon Interpretation, Female: Mara Jade Skywalker

[:D]

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N I was extremely bored last night, so I was playing around in PhotoShop, which came on my new computer. I decided to make a cover for Dawning and this is how it turned out. Not ban considering I have never used photoshop before.

[image=http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i465/Briannakin/dawning-cover.gif]

23. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    I just read this entire story tonight and....wow. I don't even know where to begin, there were so many great parts. First of all I have to say that I was very sad that Veri was evil because I kind of liked her. I did however love that she was Ben's cousin and the teasing that ensued because of that.

I loved all the interaction between Ben and his parents. Especially when he and Luke were playing the videogame. "You suck. Both the real you and the game you." I laughed so hard at that one. But then again I was laughing in every chapter.

I'm so glad I found this story! It definitely made my night!!

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That is a great cover, Briann! =D=

25. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    I love the cover! This is one of the best stories ever and I am super-duper excited that you're planning on writing a sequel![face_dancing]