main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Day One - Yoda arrives on Dagobah 4/12/17 Yoda fanclub contest

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lea-El, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Title: Day One
    Author: Lea-El
    Description: Yoda's first day on Dagobah
    Author's note: Forty years of visiting the GFFA and I've always wondered about this day. It's been a great forty years. Looking forward to more

Yoda Fanclub writing contest 3/2017

Day One

Yoda opened the door to the life pod, for a second the animals squealing in the distance sounded like the younglings in early tumbling lessons. Then, the sick image of the security tape made him cringe. Yoda stepped out of the life pod onto the muddy surface, the mud and minute critters squished between his toes. “Ah, the tiled floors of the temple, miss I will.”

His instruments had gone wild after entering orbit so he wasn’t sure if it was going to be a habitable area or not and the Force was jumbled with the overlapping life-force signs. “Trial and error, I will have to use, a new home to find.” He closed the door behind him to protect the pod from crawly things and excess moisture.

He closed his eyes and stretched out in the Force feeling for directions. “Ah, still blinded, I am, hoped distance from disaster, open my eyes, it would. Favorable this way looks, try it I will.”

He looked to make sure he had all the things would need in his shoulder bag. “New shoulder, I will need if not find solid ground soon.” As he headed for what looked like a brighter sunnier place, if that is possible on Dagobah, the mud and muddy water go deeper and deeper. Now his bag was on his head and something swished past his leg, then swished back circling him.

He closed his eyes and said. “Away, you must go, taste bad, I do.” It seemed to work because it swam off with a flip of it’s tail drenching the parts of Yoda that were until now dry.“What word there was Anakin got scolded for?”Then he groaned at the thought of the young boy turned Sith.

Finally, he got across the mud wallow and on to plain mud, not the squish between the toes just the slippery suddenly flat of your back stuff. He pulled up on one elbow and mumbled. “And thought I did, on Tatooine worse, Obi-Won had it.”

Once again, he climbed up on his feet and walked on towards the light. He went around, through and over fallen trees, muddy creeks, boulders, vines, snakes, vines that looked like snakes, bugs of all sizes shapes and stings, and this one bug that sounded like music from some strange planet kept landing on his ear. Finally, he got to the light spot, it was lichen growing on a dead tree.

There was a slight incline past it and a path. “What this path made by? Oh, well, worse could not happen?” The path led up and around the incline to a clearing with a tall tree on the edge and a small stream with what passed for clear water on Dagobah the other side.

Yoda looked at the path but could see no sign of what made it and could feel no warnings from the Force. He sighed thinking back over the last few weeks. What warnings had he missed or had the Force forsaken him...them all.

There was no sigh of anything in the clearing so he decided he would fight for this ground if need be. “Aaaahh! Forever plagued I shall always be with what miss did I.” He dropped his bag and sat down for a few minutes, pulled out a nutrition bar and ate. Then, pulled out his canteen and as he drank looked around wondering what to do next. “Good place to have landed my life pod, this would have been. Make mud hut like one saw on mission years ago, I will.”

He emptied out his bag in his robe and tied it up in the tree and carried the bag back to the muddier wallow filled the bag with what he had just crawled through. He hiked back to his clearing and added leaves, twigs and lichen made a good texture. He took a stick and drew out the outline of a small hut, a bed over here, a chimney and fireplace and a table for one, that was all he could think of that he would need, and there would be time to add on later if other needs arose. He looked around again just to be sure this was where and how he wanted it and started stomping then patting his mud dough in place.

How many bags he had hauled he lost count but he had a wall shoulder high before the light gave out. He had collected wood for a fire to ward off the creatures of the night. As he lay in the shell of his new home designing the doors, windows and bed in his head he wondered how many days would he live in this clearing and how would he fill his time once his hut was finished?

He thought about the nights on Kashyyyk sleeping back to back with a Wookiee. “Now warm, that was. Where’s a Wookiee when one you need? Redesign hut, I would have to.” Just as he was falling asleep one of the music bugs landed on his ear and he heard. ~“I can’t get no...”~

The End of Day One