main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Daydreams of a Star Wars Fan (Earth, One-Shot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by scarlet_shiv, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarlet_shiv

scarlet_shiv Jedi Master star 1

Jun 14, 2008
    Title: "Daydreams of a Star Wars Fan"
    Author: scarlet_shiv

Summary: A boy in Grade Eight on Earth lets his mind wander during class.

A/N: I was suddenly inspired to write to this, simply because I didn't feel like traveling to the GFFA at the moment. I realize it isn't technically "fan-fiction", but I still hope someone enjoys it.

Shifting uncomfortably in my desk, I gave my teacher a second try to grab my attention. Needless to say, he fails, and I tune out again, sliding my gaze around the room. In an effort to restore my sanity, I imagine that suddenly, Boba Fett bursts into the room, captures Mr. Henley with a well-placed bolt, and drags him off to Jabba the Hutt.

It doesn?t happen. Rats.

Mr. Henley is like Yoda, but not in a good way. He always talks in riddles and has high expectations. Oh yeah, and he pokes us with his cane when he gets annoyed. I wish he would teach me the force, instead of algebra.

I subtly reach out my hand and attempt to force-push Timmy Rosso?s pencil sharpener off of his desk. It doesn?t budge, but maybe I just wasn?t concentrating hard enough. Timmy is See-Threepio: prissy, smart, and awkward.

I look over to my left. Cocky, popular Jared Miller is Han Solo. I imagine him with a DL-44 at his hip, leaning against the Millennium Falcon. If Jared is Han, then Emma Kowalski is Leia. Granted, she doesn?t wear her hair in very elaborate up-do?s (don?t ask me why I know that word), but she?s pretty and tough. Plus, everyone knows she?s got a thing for Jared, although she?d be the first to deny it.

Sitting behind me, but easily peering over my head, is Chewie, or Grant McLeod. He?s tall, but quiet and friendly. He?s helped out of a couple situations involving the Dark Side?s Minions, or the bullies that occasionally choose to relive me of my lunch money.

Little Zach Fisher is Artoo-Deetoo. Loud and a little rude, no one picks on him, despite his size. Gordon Haverchuck is Jabba the Hutt. Enough said. Bobby Gonzalez is Lando. Suave and cool, he even runs furtive Black Jack games at recess.

A sudden force slams into the side of my chair, toppling it and sending me to the ground. Mr. Henley glares at me with all the fury of a thousand Death Star lasers. A snigger runs through the classroom. I right my chair, and sit back down, attempting to gather my last shreds of dignity. The culprit?s not hard to identify. Sitting directly beside me, Randall Crane is cackling so hard, I?m worried his acne will pop. I almost forget the Emperor.

?Laugh it up, Zitface?? I mutter. His face turns even redder. He looks like a sunburned Zeltron. Thank you, Han Solo. The bell rings, saving me from Mr. Henley?s reprimand.

I grab my homework and make for my locker. Just ahead of me, Jared trips and bumps into Emma, spilling her books. ?God, will you watch where you?re going?? She snaps, as Jared scoops up her things.

?Sorry, Your Worship,? he fires back, and I grin. Maybe my little old galaxy?s a little more like that one far, far away then I it seems.

I have some trouble deciding who I am. I?m probably Luke, of course: seemingly serene, calm, and thoroughly normal, but actually amazingly powerful.

Cassandra Bryson catches up to me in the hall. She only came to the class last month, but she?s fit in quickly. ?Hey, geek!? She says, flicking her Auburn hair over one shoulder. ?My mom?s making me invite at least six kids from our class to my birthday party, and guess what? I picked you over Dirk the Jerk.? (Ah. Greedo.) ?Don?t get too excited.?

I give her my best Jedi Master smile. ?Astral.?
    ?What??
    ?I mean, cool.?
    She raises an eyebrow. ?Well, see you there, geek.? She hands me an invitation.

I finger the paper as I watch her stride away.

If I?m Luke, then she?s my Mara Jade.

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Well, now, if that isn't the cutest thing I've ever read, I don't know what is! I'm looking somewhat like this now: :D (Just not yellow!)

Great little fic, I loved it!

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awww, that is SO cute! [face_love]

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    cute and funny. reminds me of all the times when I think the person in front of me looks like Mara

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Very cute, very funny. I enjoyed it. :)

*Looks around fro his own Mara*

6. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Very entertaining, maybe make a whole story out of it.

7. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, that was adorable!! I'm grinning just like ginchy now! :D
    Funny and well-written! Loved it!![face_love]
    =D= =D==D==D=

8. scarlet_shiv

scarlet_shiv Jedi Master star 1

Jun 14, 2008
    Thanks for all the comments! I'm really glad you all enjoyed it. I'd like to make it into a full fic, but I'm extremely bad at keeping up regular chapters, so I think I'm going to stick to one-shots for a while.

9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Ohhh, this is so cute!!

I wish I could remember weather the kids in my classes resembled Star Wars charaters, but I was homeschooled from fifth grade on, and because kids liked to pick on me I don't remember much.

I would be very intrested if you wrote more stories like this one.

I wonder which Star Wars charater I'm themost like???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.