main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY DB 516 Meeting #47 on October 8

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ark3, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ark3

ark3 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Docking Bay 516 Meeting #47 is scheduled for Sunday, October 8, at the Broadway Mall in Hicksville. The club business part of the meeting will start at 11 AM. General discussion will begin sometime around noon. We hope you can join us.

There is the possibility that the club's Montauk trip (Oct 1) will be delayed due to bad weather, in which case we will move the trip to the meeting date and hold the meeting in Montauk.

2. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    I'm working 9-6 that day :mad:

3. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    I'll be in San Francisco, finishing up an audio convention we cover for my mag, waiting for my 10:30PM red-eye home (blech!)

4. ark3

ark3 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    As I mentioned in the Montauk thread, the Montauk trip was postponed and now coincides with the meeting. Weather permitting, we will hold Meeting #47 at Montauk at about 2 PM (or whenever everyone is there and we've finished lunch). If we decide not to go to Montauk, we'll hold the meeting at the usual time and place as stated above. Let me know if you have any questions.

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Who can not attend the Montauk meeting on sunday? Just wondering in case half of us cant make it - then it might not be worth having the meeting but just making it an event. --Billy

6. ark3

ark3 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    I'm in, of course. I vaguely remember that Dana, Moriah, Dan, and Chris were in, but I'm not 100% on that list.

The weather is looking terrific for our Montauk trip. :)

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Chris and Donna are interested in joining us for dinner after. Remember Chris as Vader at Hollywood video?
    So what is the exact location of the Ruby Tuesday's we plan to eat at? And should I give him a probable time like 5 PM? --Billy

8. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Billy,Ruby Tuesday's is in Sayville (next the
    bowling Alley)off Sunrise. My sister is town this
    weekend. So I doubt I'll be able to make it.But if
    things change I'll call you.

9. ark3

ark3 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    This trip was great! The weather was perfect and traffic wasn't entirely terrible either. We had a good productive meeting along with some reminiscing about the history of the club. Dinner afterward was good too (other than that mishap with online addresses). Our friends Chris and Donna were able to join us, and Rob Kaos made it too. Overall it was a great day.

[image=http://xelfer.com/ark3/db516/Montauk_Small.jpg]

Full size image (448 KB)

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    The minutes

Docking Bay 516 Meeting # 47 (DB516 4th Anniversary Meeting)
    Sunday Oct 8, 2006
    start 1:40 PM
    On the Beach at Montauk Point Long Island
    (6 PM DB516 4th Anniversary Fan club dinner at "The Good Steer" restaurant.)

Prior Events Recap
    ------------------
    - Hollywood Video Star Wars Day September 16, 2006 location E. Patchogue Hollywood Video. Members attended in Costume taking all the attention away from Db516's 'Shoot Jar Jar Game' which wasnt played much. One of the highlights of the day was having a new friend of the club showing up in a great Darth Vader costume.
    - Montauk trip Rain out party October 1, 2006 - food, food, drink, YouTube, food, drink = fun.

--DB516 Club History recap for our 4th Anniversary - Discussed crazy moments and Kudos to our cohesive current membership.

Upcoming Events
    ---------------
    --10/24/06 Tuesday 7 PM to 9 PM. History of MTV film presentation by Clive Young in Belmore Library
    ---10/22/06 Sunday - Six FLags club trip

11/19-19/06 NYC Big Apple Convention - AeroSith will be performing (time and day TBD) and have a promotion table there. Possible group attendance TBD that week.
    I-CON 26 Stony Brook Long Island March 23-26, 2007 -- DB516 will have a table there, AeroSith will perform and Ark will be heading a panel or two on Star Wars. He and his team (Moriah, Dan, Dana) will collaborate on ideas in the coming months for an I-CON panel presentation.

Planning and discussion
    --- Halloween event get together possible for members on Saturday 10/28

--Halloween DB516 dinner event 10/31 after 9 PM in Oceanside/Baldwin area.

--Celebration 4 (Official Star Wars Con) Los Angeles May 2007. -- No official news to report on hotels or guests at this con. DB516 members slowly are dropping off the attendance list. Now only three of us are going.

-- DB516's annual Holiday Special viewing (or not viewing) party. Location and date TBD in December.

-----------Next meeting #48 ------------------------
    Sunday November 12, 2006 at Hicksville Broadway Mall. 11 AM.

-- Club Buisness ---
    --no dues collected,
    --2007 Election of Staff positions to take place at the December meeting.
    Discussions took place of potential candidates.
    Nominations should be made at the November meeting.

Meeting adjourned 2:18 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.