main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY DB 516 Meeting #53 on SATURDAY, April 7, 2007

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ark3, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Docking Bay 516 Meeting #53 is scheduled for Saturday, April 7, 2007 at the Broadway Mall food court. This meeting is on a Saturday to avoid conflicting with Easter Sunday. Our meeting schedule for the whole year is posted on our website. The business part of the meeting will start at 11 AM. General discussion will begin sometime around noon. This is our big post-I-CON meeting where we will discuss everything about how the con went, good and bad. We did so much stuff at I-CON this year that there will definitely be much to discuss.

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Yes should be a productive meeting. See everyone there. I have videos to show of the SciFi Fantasy Family Feud, AeroSith's I-CON 26 performance, and a pre-taped greeting from AeroSith to the FF Awards. So maybe we can go somewhere after the meeting to view them. --Billy

3. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    i'm working but, i might be able to get out by 1pm. I really want to see the video.

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    We didnt show the video until very late after dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger. Next viewing party maybe we'll show it again. --Billy

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    The minutes

Docking Bay 516 Meeting # 53
    Sunday April 7, 2007
    start 11:38 AM
    at Broadway Mall Hicksville NY

Prior Events Recap
    ------------------

-- Mar 23-25 I-CON 26 Stoneybrook Long Island. DB516 had a great con -DB516 presented very successful panels "Star Wars Movie Quotes" and "SCIFI Family Feud" Aerosith performed their "Star Wars 30th Anniversary show" and acted as judges at Masquerade.
    Discussions on what went right and what went wrong. Data tabulating by the team running the SCIFI Family Feud game has to be more effecient and less time consuming. Other methods to be considered for collecting and assembling survey data will be discussed. Possibly awarding a prize to advance survey participants.
    With DB516's heavy participation at I-CON, the playing of the shoot Jar Jar game suffered. At I-CON 27 (2008) we will set aside specific blocks of time for the game to be played

Upcoming Events
    ---------------
    -- 4/15/07 1 PM - 9 PM Who-Tennany viewing party # 1 -- Watching the first series (2005)Doctor Who with food and fun. Location TBA.

-- 5/24/07 Celebration 4 (Star Wars con) Los Angeles CA -- A few of us attending - not an official DB516 event
    -- 5/25/07 "May the fan Film Be With You" Clive Young presentation at Port Washington Library at Noon.

-- 5/30/07 "Kaboom" Clive Young film presentation at Island Park Library at 7 PM.

--6/9/07 Hollywood Video 30th Anniversary Star Wars Day Location: TBD

--6/10 DB516 BBQ day/ meeting #54 at Cantiague park (picnic area) Long Island at 11 AM

--6/16 Ronkonkoma Post Office Star Wars Day Time TBD

Event Planning
    ----------------
    -- Late May -- History Channel event promoting Star Wars 30th Anniv. programming. DB516 has volunteered its participation and will await details.

-----------Next meeting #53 ------------------------
    Saturday May 12 at Hicksville Broadway Mall. 11 AM.

-- Club Buisness ---
    --no dues collected

Treasury expenses at I-CON for
    - Trivia Panel survey sheets photocopied $20
    - $10 prizes for "Shoot Jar Jar" game
    - $10 additional budgeted to beef up prizes to be awarded at panels in addition to $30 budget provided by I-CON)
    -Marketing presskit. Dana needs photos to complete press kit - to be provided.
    Meeting adjourned 2:00 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.