main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY DB516 in Newsday!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
  2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I love the title of the article! Great job Kenny! ;)

3. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Great job, everyone!

4. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    LOL!! I can't get over that photo. All morning
    I tried to post in here. I kept getting error.
    Maybe it was me since I was and still am half
    asleep.

5. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I know the feeling. Two nights ago I saw Hitchhiker's at an 11:00 PM showing, then I had to get up fairly early for the midnight showing, than I had 5 hours of sleep after that and worked all day. I'm sorry I left the movie, I was yawning a lot 10 minutes in and I knew I still had to go pick up my stuff at my b/fs house than drive home a half hour, so rather than driving so tired I can't think straight, I went home. I was actually so tired that when I sat for a second at my boyfriend's house I fell asleep!

6. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    That's awesome Dee-dee. Looks like everyone had a great time.

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah, things went justperfect. Check out the video of the interviews on the online version which has Marie, Dan, and Kenny making comments.
    Kenny's opening quote will go down in the archives of the DB516 order. --Billy

8. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Don't act so surprised your highness.

Congratulations guys. It was a lot of fun and I'm very happy to have had a chance to meet all of you. I look forward to hanging out again.

See ya soon DB516!

Chris

9. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    It was a pleasure having you there Chris. I hope you got introduced to everybody. If not, we'll do that at the meeting. --Billy

10. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    Lots of Fun!!

11. Yoda7281

Yoda7281 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Hey DB516,

Hi, i am not sure who will be reading this so here i go. Hey there, my name is Joe and I am new to this whole star wars thing. After I saw a pic of one of your members in newsday. I got hooked for some reason. I've been looking to join a star wars fan club for some time now. I'm not sure what u guys do except maybe go and see the movies. What is it that u guys do? If i come to one of the meetings will it be fun?? I just thought this club promotes events relating to star wars?? I think its cool you guys can get together and watch the movies and have something to talk about after. Cause I've been a fan since i was 18 and now im 23. I wanna know what u guys are about. I have so many questions. Can i attend ur meeting on june 12. Well, thanks for reading this, may the force be with u-Joe

12. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    Wow it looks like things went Great. I'm realy bummed i missed it. After being up so late and ten working i was wipped out. Getting chopped in half will do that to you ya know.

13. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Joe,
    Good to hear from ya.
    I know what ya mean that there seems to be just the movies but there is more.
    Our group gets together at meetings to discuss stuff to do and it always becomes more of a social gathering talking generally about Star Wars.
    Here are some of the things we do: Get together periodicly to watch fan films, goto SciFi conventions together, if your into costuming we dress up for some of these events.
    If your looking to meet other people who collect stuff, play SW games, like costuming, or just talk about Star Wars, thats what we do. Come to one meeting and decide if you like it. I think you will. --Billy

14. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Anybody can attend our meetings! Also, We are always looking for new ideas for events so if you have any ideas feel free to mention them.

We are also not just a Star Wars Club, if you couldn't tell by our side banner, we love everything from Buffy to Pirates of The Caribbean, to other Sci - Fi movies and TV shows. Star Wars is the one thing we all love though. :)

15. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Welcome aboard Joe. Can anyone burn the video
    of us on Newsdays' website? I have crappy
    computer w/ dail up. I havent see it.

16. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I'm so dense I didn't even realize there was a video. That's pretty cool.

17. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I dont know how we can capture that video but it would be nice if someone can archive it.
    THanks, yeah were pretty proud of getting a full page in Newsday.
    Our clubs motto of 'Lack of Direction' is getting us places. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.