main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY DB516 Meeting #64 Sunday 3/09/08

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Docking Bay 516's monthly meeting is schedualed for this Sunday at 11:00 am near the elevators in the Broadway Mall foodcourt. The buisness section of the meeting will begin at 11:00. Immediately following, circa noon, we will have our general discussion.

Our meeting schedule for the year can be found on our website.

I will be a bit late to the meeting due to the fact I have a meeting at work that ends at 10 AM.

2. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    i have to close work on Sunday. Let to get started on time. I can only be there for a few hours.

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Okay guys, See you all at the meeting. Weve all come up with some exciting ideas for our I-CON presentation of the Star Wars Fan Awards (formally the Northeast region Fan Force awards). We dont need no stinkin' Fan Force :)
    DB516 is always resourceful and already were getting pretty excited at putting on a show that will be funny, entertaining, with some special guests expected. The ideas are pouring in. See you all at the meeting and we'll put it all together. --Billy

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'd be careful about saying things like "stinkin' FanForce"...you are using their forums after all.

In any case, I'm sorry the "formal" awards had to be cancelled. Alot of time and money goes into making them and setting up the extraneous stuff. I am not able to help this year because 1) My financial state isn't the best and 2) my mother has been very ill with ovarian cancer since October and I need to stay close to home as she is still in the hospital and I need to do things for her quite often.

It cost Strawbary anywhere from $500 - $800 of her own money (each year!) to put these on for the past two years. You should be understanding if she can't do it for a third year in a row.

That's fine if you guys want to help out and run an awards of your own, but don't lash out at FanForce because it's just not feasible for someone to do it all on their own when she calls for volunteers and only one group responds (you guys). Again, I understand it's difficult for other groups to travel the distance (which is why not many from out here made it to Pittsburgh the last 2 times), but just try to see things from the whole perspective.

Thanks.

5. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Well, we are going to be doing this on the cheap. I've never understood why the awards are so expensive unless that includes stuff like the hotel room and airline travel.

DB516 will not be wasting time or effort on unnessesary stuff, and will only be doing the stuff that absolutely needs to be done.

I'M sorry to hear about your mother Meriwyn. I hope her condition will improve.

Can you please do us a huge favor? All the announcements for our awards have the wrong date in the title. It's supposed to say 4/5/08. Thanks.

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    No prob will fix it now :)

And thanks for your thoughts :)

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    the awards dont include travel or airfare, that includes engraving for the name plates, figures, supplies trophy materials, door prizes materials for those etc. Photocopying programs etc. There is actually alot that goes into it. It all adds up. I keep receipts every year.

Hotel and travel is aditional and never include that in my totals. Last years was very expensive we had an elaborate set up. Was quite nice actually Pittsburgh did an awesome job on the banquet :)

Like i posted earlier if you need slideshows or films let me know i have things that can help u fill the hour block. :)

8. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Yes Meriwyn best regards to your Mom for a quick recovery. That's the most important thing.
    Just so you know when I said "stinkin FF" I said it with a :) and was only teasing.
    Were getting along just fine here on Long Island with I-CON and are still looking forward to putting on a fun and entertaining show. Sure wish you could see it.
    Thanks for your help. --Billy

9. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Meriwyn sorry to here about your mom. My mom has
    been sick the last two years. As of now she is
    better. I know how something like that can turn
    your world upside down.

Also about the meeting on Sunday. THat time changes(daylight savings)at like at 2amSunday morning. So I plan to change my alarm SAt Nite. before I go to bed.

10. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    The clocks go an hour foward right?

11. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Spring ahead. :)

12. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Docking Bay 516 -- Meeting 64
    March 9, 2008

Meeting started at 11:25 AM

I-CON Planning

Prizes ====
    Two Jar Jar prize packages
    Eighteen other prizes for the game shows
    (money from the treasury approved)

Fan Awards ====
    Award categories were discussed and finalized.
    Nominees for open categories were discussed and finalized.
    Obtained volunteers for photo collection for categories.
    Decided what clips to show for fan film nominees.

Game Shows ====
    Planning and brainstorming meeting on Friday, March 14.

Meeting ended at 1:45 PM

13. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Mind if I make the next meeting in April?

14. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Mike, It'll be great to see you again as always. We were just talking bout ya and thankful again about all those action figures you donated last year. Maybe we'll see you before the April meeting but at I-CON on 4/5/08.
    Okay see ya --Billy

15. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Yeah. I'll be at I-Con. Can we expect a AeroSith reunion tour?? ;)

16. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Great Mike we'll look forward to seeing you.
    Yes AeroSith, in typical Star Wars fashion, is rising from near-death to become even more powerful than you can possibly imagine. --Billy

17. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Mike! You are always welcome at any of our meetings.

18. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    And Mike we still gotta get together sometime and do a blues guitar jam. We've been talking about that for years now. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.