main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DBZ for GA

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthBobbalot, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Ive heard both sides of the argument saying it sucks, or its a great game... should i get it?

2. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Also on the topic of Dragon Ball Z, but not on the topic of games, i went to dbz.com and it had a poll asking who would you most like Goku to be played as in a motion picture... Was taht just a poll, or are they actually gonna go through with all of it?

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    GA = GBA?

I have no clue. I wouldn't touch it. There are many other games you can use your money on.

4. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    looks fun to me ;)

5. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Why do people like Dragonball Z so much? I think its stupid. Its like Pokemon on steroids.

6. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    the reason i like it so much is becuase its got fighting in it, and something close to magic.
    Those are two factors i like in a game or book. And its even more awesome if you can actually see the energy thingies on tv...
    Anyway, no one knows about the movie on it?

7. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Series recap of DBZ

Super duper evil guy shows up and challenges Goku. Goku fights him and loses. Then Goku goes into training to become more powerful. Comes back with ultra super powers and beats up the super duper evil guy. Ultra super duper evil guy shows up and challenges Goku. Goku fights him and loses. Then Goku goes into training to become ultra powerful. Comes back with super ultra power and beats up ultra super duper evil guy. Mega super duper evil guy shows up and challenges Goku. Goku fights him and loses. Then Goku goes into training to become more mega ultra powerful. Comes back with mega ultra super powers and beats up the mega super duper evil guy. Repeat 50 times and you have the brillance that is DBZ. [face_plain] If history has taught us anything it is that DBZ games have always sucked and chances are they always will.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

8. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    haha
    thanks man, you saved me 26 bucks and a headache.
    Ill just stick to cartoon network...
    still no word on movie...?

9. DarkLordFalling

DarkLordFalling Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2002
    Anyone interested in the DBZ movie click here. It's not much, but it's something.

10. Jypso_Fetto

Jypso_Fetto Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2002
    Umm....Where am I?

11. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Dragon Ball Z is Not a Good Show

Warning: That is not a family/work safe site. The site's logo is the worst part, I think. Still.

There are much better "animes" out there, with plenty of action that isn't looped crap. Cowboy Bebop is great, as is Noir. Anyway, check out IGN, Gamespot, Gamers.com, etc. for reviews of the game. I don't think EGM's said much good about it.

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    DBZ is great, especially if you have the uncut episodes that aren't picked clean by American censors...

13. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    heh, i went to that 'we hate you' site, and the person writing it really had a lot to say... But just becuase she said it sucked, doesnt mean that im gonna stop watching it. She had some points that ive said myself before, like the whole immortal gig, with the dragonballs:if you die, you can be wished back. And they also have the pauses where the characters just stand there and look at the enemy for a bajillion minutes... and yes, they do have pretty corny diologue. But not always. anyway, as i said above, i only watch that show becuase i like the fighting and the energy blasts, and i think some of the characters are cool.

so there.

14. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Can't you get that in Street Fighter or something though?

Check out Cowboy Bebop sometime. Or Noir. Or Evangelion.

15. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    street fighter isnt as... extravagant in the fighting as dbz is, and i dont even think its still playing. And if it is, then its at 6:00 am on saturday morning, and im tired on fridays.
    What are those other shows you mentioned about?

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I like Cowboy Bebop, but I like it because it has a different feel to it. Cowboy Bebop is a laid back drama type, whereas DBZ is action/adventure...

17. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    True animes. If you think DBZ is good you'd be blown away by most serious animes. If not . . . you can keep your DBZ to yourself. :)

I love Cowboy Bebop, I have a quote in my signature. Plenty of action all around, but it actually has a plot and has some very nice characters.

Noir has an even more complex plot, dealing with assassins and memory lose and all that. I'm currently half way through the series.

Evangelion is one of the more known animes. Deals with alien invaders and giant robot/monster things. Its not my favorite, but its nice.

I've seen episodes of other shows as well, but thats about the extent of my anime experiance.

You can currently buy Cowboy Bebop DVDs anywhere in America. Or watch the dubbed version on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. I had dubbing though.

I prefer just downloading episodes off of FTPs and Kazaa and the like. Then I burn them to cds to free up space on my harddrive.

18. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    That's illegal. Better edit it out.

19. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    People talk about file sharing on the boards. In the JC at least, I've seen entire threads about Morpheus being shut down by Kazaa. And Kazaalite links.

If its really against the Terms of Service I'll stop talking about it.

Noir can not be gotten any other way in the US. Bebop just came out less than a year ago in the US, and I've had the cds since 2000.

20. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Is Kazaa better than limewire? Ive heard people talk about it, but i dont know if its worth getting. Limewire is alright, but i dont know if theres anything better than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.