main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC DC FanForce website ideas

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    -Tenel-Ka- and I are going to start work on a website for the DC FanForce. We need to know what you guys think we should include on the site... So far we are thinking of including a member directory, a calendar for meetings/events, and of course a link to our forum here. What else can you guys think of?

2. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    how about a link to the Star Wars OS

3. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Of course!

We'll also have to include summaries of our meetings for those who could not make it. Of course that might be redundant since that info would probably be posted here, but who cares? :)

4. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    summaries of meetings are a good idea to make us look good infront of the JC.

Pictures are always a good idea. Photos of meetings, and other SW related photos such as you with a SW actor, or dressed as your favourite character.

Hopefully after the next meeting we can approach the JC to elevate us to FanForce status, giving us more representation on these boards.

Oh, and it means we could get our own banner ;)

Is anyone working on a banner ? If not, then I'll have a go at that, and I can bring some samples to the next meeting (obviously post them here so you can see them properly).
    There is a thread here which contains instructions for the dimensions of banners.

Oh, and an icon - we need an icon !!!!

Should we use this thread for website / banner / icon ideas ?

Malcolm

5. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I just checked out the other FanForce chapters in NE USA. All of their banners are either Rebel or Jedi orientated.

This means only one thing.

We have to have an Imperial Theme to our website and banner :)

Malcolm

EDIT: Central PA has a BobaFett / Kamino banner - but we'll be the North East Imperial Empire :p

6. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    yes we need an imperial banner at least.

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Malkie - go ahead and take a crack at the banner! I think -Tenel-Ka- might have a go at it too, she's into graphics and such. Then we should have plenty of things to choose from.

As for the theme, we should match it with whatever name we come up with. Most of the names that have been thrown around deal with government (since we are DC, after all :)). One name was the Galactic Senate, but if we go with an Imp theme, it could always be changed to the Imperial Senate or something like that. We should get more options for names so we can vote.

8. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah, I'll certainly have I go, but I'm no graphics expert :) I've seen yours and your sister's website, and its very impressive.

Have a look at mine if you want to see how crap a website can be ;) (although the interactive tour of scotland is not too bad)

Malcolm

9. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Can you also make a non-imperial banner for us to vote on? Not all of us have a love of the Empire.

10. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    ok peeps - I've knocked something together after I finished work today. Click here to see the banner set in action. EDIT: the pic is hosted on Geocities, you need to click and drag the link to the address box in your browser otherwise you will get a "page not found" error

I know the corner part (under the stormtrooper) doesn't look right - I haven't finished that bit yet.

Its just a sample, its not up for a vote or anything yet. Just wanted to run some ideas past you all.

Thanks for feedback

Malcolm

11. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well we could make a "neutral" banner, say one with a Coruscant theme. That way it would be the central government ergardless if it's Jedi, Republic or Imperial. Maybe I can give it a crack over the weekend.

12. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Malcolm,

I think that banner rocks.

13. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    thats sweet looking, I like it Malkie

14. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002

Malcolm

15. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    That's nice, malkie! And you said you didn't have any talent... ;)

It might be a little easier to come up with the banner if we decided on an actual name. Maybe this calls for an official name thread. :)

16. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    awwwwwwww [face_blush] thank you :)

I'll create some more at the weekend, then maybe we can have a vote some time soon. Hopefully some other people will make some so we have a wide selection.

I'll be sure and make a Rebellian themed one too.

Are the majority of the people here OT fans, or PT fans ?
    (I'm an OT fan)

malkie

edit: I can change the name on the banner at any time.

17. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I like all, but my heart is definitely with the OT.

And yeah, let's have a whole bunch of different choices; the more, the merrier!

18. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I'd like something that includes PT, OT, and Eu. That way no one is left out.

19. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    whats EU ?

(joke :) )

malkie

20. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I can try one~ it'll probably be ridden with lots of Jacen Solo pictures though. (j/k!!!)

^_^ I guess I'll try one tonight. Or I can just make the background image or the sidebar or something. LOL-- We can all split up the work.

21. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Imperial banner! They generally have the coolest uniforms, why not banners?

But, if we want to incorporate both Empire and Rebellion, how about the Capitol dome with both insignias? Not that I have the slightest idea how to make that, but I'm sure someone out there does!

22. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    EU? We're going to have the European Union on our banner?

Hee hee.

23. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    here is another banner I've knocked up.
    I like the transparent text :) but I'm not too hot on the figures or colour matches.

either drag this to your browsers address box, or type in http://www.geocities.com/malkie_pops/secondbanner.jpg to see the new banner.

malkie

24. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    That looks great. I like the mix of characters. Maybe add a few older characters? Have a good guy on one side of the name and bad guy on the other? I have more ideas, but no skill at all. I have the designing skills of a drunken monkey. Again, it looks great. I really like it.

25. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Oooh nice! I like that one! (Though you might wanna throw in the 'c' in galactic. ;)) I like the lettering a lot. It seems to work better with more abstract stuff (i.e. the Capitol, stormtroopers) behind it rather than actual characters (Obi-wan takes attention away from the name). Good job!

fakename99 - If you have other ideas, tell us! Maybe one of us can make your ideas reality. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.