Amph DC: Infinite Crisis

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raven, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinStrife Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah... But honestly, while I'm ready to see what happens, I don't want to see this series go... its been a fun ride, ya know? Hopefully 52 will be worth it
  2. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Its going to be an even bigger bang.

Six more pages for number 7 with the same cover price :D
  3. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah i can't wait till #7 comes out and we get on to 52
  4. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ask and you shall recieve
  5. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    very nice covers
  6. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Originally it was supposed to be May 3rd but its not showing up on diamond's shipping list :(

That has been known to change though.
  8. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    you weezer are now my official source for comics...
  9. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks, I finally recognize most of the characters :) Bah, honestly I'm not sure which one is better I like both. Superboy Prime is getting pawned though.
  10. GavinStrife Jedi Knight

star 3
    Naa, you know he's gonna do something goofy and be like "Ouch, ouch it hurts! Not really, haha!" and tear them all limb-from-limb... [face_beatup]
  11. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Dido's thoughts on IC#7

"p.2 and 3 - Double page spread. I like heroes vs villains, but just because you have a DC Encyclopedia, that doesn't mean you have to use every character in those two pages.
    p. 4- OUCH! Bane's back and he's breaking backs again. Will make sure Batman Editor Pete Tomasi is aware of this.
    p. 5 -It's only page 5 and we already have an extremly high body count; don't forget you need to leave someone to kill for the end of the story, too.
    p. 10 - Ooooh, so that's who The Flash is. Will check to see if Editor Joan Hilty has the same one in the new FLASH series.
    p. 11 - Great, now you have a splash page with every single flying hero in the DCU. Phil is gonna think you hate him.
    p. 14 - The Thin Green Line. I LOVE IT! You're right; this is perfect for George to draw.
    p. 16 and 17 - More casualities? Works for me.
    p. 18 - Dude, we did not go through all that trouble bringing Hal back just to kill him again. Please change it.
    p. 28 - Wow. Big moment. Not sure I can approve this happening. Have to take it up with Paul Levitz and hope he's in a good mood.
    p. 30 - I was wondering when you were going to bring him back, but hell, that scene is a little too brutal, even for me.
    p. 32 and 33 - Nice wrap to the story and a great setup for the first issue of 52.
    p. 34 and 35 - Another double-page spread of the entire DCU? Phil again? I don't want to make that call (I'll have Berganza do it).
    p. 36 - You dog. Should have known you would end on him. Approved.

By the way, I agree completely; we can't cut the page count. I'll make sure we keep this issue at 36 pages without raising the price. The fans have been great to us, and it's a nice way to thank them for joining this wild ride."

A huaghaghagagha?
  12. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    so will #7 come out today???
  13. GavinStrife Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thats the plan! Just one exam, then I can head to the comic shop...
  14. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  15. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    It's pretty damn cool, IMHO.
  16. GavinStrife Jedi Knight

star 3
    Agreed.
  17. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    so it did come out??? cool
  18. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

The last scene... chilling. Alex Luthor's last scene... long overdue. Bruce's last scene... nice. The big spread of DCU heroes... very nice. The Thin Green Line... very, very nice. All told, a great end to a great story.
  19. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5

The Joker scene was the one of the most terrifying things I've seen. It was just so brutal. It was like every time that somone had taken the Joker lightly was now paid back in full plus extra.

Although it does leave me to worry that he'll come back as a cyborg.
  20. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    My only complaint about that scene was that Luthor was there. I wish that it had just been Joker and Alex.
  21. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    So who's Batwoman in the final shot? She has red hair...could be it Barbara? Yet OYL she's still in a wheelchair :\

Ah well still have to get the issue :(

BTW Raven: MORE DOTS!
  22. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    It just reaffirms that you don't mess with the Joker

And as a GL fan, the Thin Green Line was a total mark out moment for me personally. Loved it.
  23. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    My guess is Montoya in a wig. But we'll see.

(MORE DOTS MORE DOTS MORE DOTS!)
  24. GavinStrife Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was a very fitting end... would have been even more chilling if Batman had pulled the trigger...
  25. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    He actully did pull the trigger. Apperently the gun was out. If anything he looked more pissed that it was empty then he was doing to wrong thing.

I saw some complaints that he was using a gun, but if you thing about it, it makes sense. Since he hates guns and killing it seems fitting that he would use a detested thing to do something he hated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.