main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss: Jedi Knight and Reluctant Vornskr Owner: Complete [DDC 2015]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 2, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I was laughing at the back and forth and feeling sorry for Talon (yuck!)... when Ben got caught up in a big, fat, ginormous mess with Valla. [face_nail_biting] Eagerly awaiting the next installment.

Kahara and Jedi_Lover like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And trouble again for the boys. Hope they will be alright

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yikes. That was just not good. :eek:

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ouch! Ben is in trouble now!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Poor Ben, it wasn't his fault that girl had him under her mind tricks.

More soon

and please fix this

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Way to walk into a gundark's nest, Ben. :rolleyes: He's going to be sleeping on the couch for a Yoda-being's age after this. At least Talon managed to keep him from getting his life force munched.

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    No! :p Oh, you know I am fond of Ben, but we can't have Talon in trouble all the time. lol! It will get fixed.

Ben is in big trouble. Luckily his cousin is there to help him out. Although after the beating Talon got he might want Ben to sweat for a while.
    Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed the update. I thought it was about time Ben got into some trouble. Usually it is Talon. Of course, Talon got physically hurt in the last post, but I bet he's rather have a messed up face than have the trouble Ben is in now.

My journals are usually upbeat. I'm sure it will all work out.

Ben is in trouble. :(

Valla is pissed! :mad:

Will do! Thanks for reading.

Yeah, that would be bad. The thing with Mind-Witches, Anzats or Energy Vampires is they specialize in mind tricks or mind control. More than one Jedi has fallen under their control. They are dangerous. Anzats really creep me out with those facial tentacles that slither up their victim's nostrils and into their brains. Yuck. A mind-witch doesn't have to bite you or injure you directly. They put you into a false sense of euphoria and you willingly stay until you are drained of your life. I think only one mind-witch is mentioned in the comics, but I am not sure. Hopefully I am getting their nature correct in this story. If not, oh well, I am sure they are Legends canon now and nobody will give me grief other than my FFN troll. ;)

Entry 5

On the ride to the ship Ben was having a major panic attack. Every two seconds he tried to call either his wife or mine with no success. His hands shook, his right leg nervously bounced up and down and he started to hyperventilate.

“She’s going to divorce me, Talon.” He ran his hands through his red mop of hair as he dropped his head back against the headrest. “She’s going to first kill me and then divorce me.”

“Noooo!” I reassured him. “You can’t divorce a dead man.”

“Not funny Talon.”

I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “She loves you. She’s not going to divorce you…especially when you didn’t do anything wrong.”

“I kissed another woman!”

“Yeah, but that was an accident. We’ll clear this up.”

He leaned forward and buried his head in his hands. “I can’t believe she’d think I would cheat on her.”

I scoffed. “Ben, let me give you some advice. When dealing with pissed off women, don’t try to make yourself the victim…even if you are the victim. That never goes over well. Believe me…I know.” I gave his shoulder a shake so he would look me in the eye. “Valla has every right to believe you would cheat on her because she saw you cheating on her. She can’t disregard what she saw with her own eyes. So don’t be upset with her.”

Ben shook his head sadly. “I just thought she would know me better and give me time to explain.”

“Ohhhhh,” I said in my best sarcastic voice. “Like you gave me time to explain why I was pulling the hair of the woman you thought was Valla before you almost broke my jaw? I would never hurt Valla. Don’t you know me better than that?!”

Ben closed his eyes and groaned. “You’re right. When you see something happening in front of your eyes, you just react.” He turned and looked at me before grimacing. “You look terrible. I’m sorry.”

I put a hand over my bruised and bloodied cheek and sighed. “It’s nothing bacta won’t fix.”

The taxi pulled into the spaceport and I was relieved to see the Vazy Princess exactly where we left it. As we walked to the ship, I pushed a button on my ramp remote key causing the gangway to slowly drop down. Ben ran up the ramp as fast as he could with me following close behind. Zylie—still wearing her sexy Stormtrooper costume—was standing in front of Ben’s cabin door blocking the way. “Hold up!” She grabbed his shoulders keeping him from approaching further. “She doesn’t want to see you!”

Ben brushed by Zylie to enter his cabin.

“Don’t go in there, Ben. She’s way too mad to talk.”

Ben didn’t listen to Zylie’s warning. He opened his cabin door and was greeted by a snarling, barf-covered vornskr. Princess lunged at Ben, her large white teeth snapping, as drool dripped down her chin.

I have never seen Princess act that way with anybody other than me. Wow, that got Ben backpedaling out of the doorway. Luckily for him Zylie grabbed the vornskr by the collar and yanked the monster back. She restrained the animal until her sister came out of the room, grabbed the collar and pulled the beast back into the cabin…but not before giving Ben an angry glare. Damn, I am so glad that mind-witch didn’t put her sights on me.

Zylie closed the door and turned her attention back to us. “She doesn’t want to see you Ben.

Ben looked grief-stricken. “I need to talk to her. She needs to understand that I would never cheat on her.”

Zylie scowled as she folded her arms across her chest. “Ben, Valla and I both saw what happened on that dance floor.”

“It was an accident!”

Zylie scoffed at that pathetic excuse. “You accidentally shoved your tongue down another woman’s throat.”

Ben looked over to me for support. “Tell her Talon.”

I think that was the first time Zylie saw me clearly because her hand flew up to her mouth to stifle a gasp. “Talon! Your face!”

She moved up to me, eyes wide in disbelief. “Who did this to you?”

I gave her a sheepish look as I made a furtive glance to my cousin. “I…um…just had a little accident.”

Her mouth shut and I could see her jaw clench in rage as she slowly turned to Ben. “Did you do this to him?”

Ben’s head dropped and I could see his face flush in shame. “It was …a mistake. I didn’t mean to hurt him.”

“I’m getting Princess!”

She took a step toward the cabin and I wasn’t sure if she was serious or not. I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back. “Zylie, it was an accident. All of this is a horrible misunderstanding.” She struggled in my grip and I could feel her anger roll off her in waves. “Please Zylie. Let me explain.”

“Fine, explain.” She relaxed in my arms and I released her.

“Zylie, the woman we saw was a mind-witch. She can make a person…even a Jedi…experience an illusion. Ben saw her as Valla and when I pushed her away from him she made me think she was you. She looked just like you.”

Her eyes narrowed. “Ben’s stronger than you in the Force. How come you weren’t fooled?”

I wanted to disagree with that belief, but I didn’t want to get into an argument about who is the stronger Jedi. “Because when I grabbed her she wasn’t you and then she became you. That was my clue that I might be seeing an illusion.” I shook my head in frustration. “Ben didn’t expect anything. This woman came up to him on the dance floor looking like Valla. He had no reason to believe it wasn’t his wife. With me, I saw her morph into you…that’s why I knew it wasn’t you.”

“Zylie,” Ben put a hand on her shoulder. “Please talk to Valla for me. Explain what happened so she’ll talk to me.”

“A Mind-witch?” She shook her head. “I won’t be able to answer her questions about this Force stuff.” She turned to me. “Talon, you go in and talk to her.”

I blew out a thankful breath. “Okay, but put Princess in her kennel. She hates me almost as much as she now hates Ben.” I threw my hands out wide. “And I don’t know why. I’ve never cheated.”

“Talon! Neither did I!” Ben pointed out.

“I know, I know.” I turned back to Zylie. “I’m not going in there until the vornskr is out.”

“Okay.” She glanced at Ben. “Hide in the ‘fresher until I get her in her cage. I don’t know if I can hold her back again.”

Ben nodded and went over to the ‘fresher where he locked himself inside. Once he was safely behind closed doors Zylie went to the cabin, talked to her sister for a minute, before she dragged a snarling vornskr out of her sister’s room. “All clear," she said to me.

I poked my head through the cabin doorway. Inside Valla was sitting on her bed with her knees pulled up under her chin. She was still wearing her costume, making her look like a very sad Imperial officer. Her face was red and puffy from crying as she continued to sob softly. She looked up at me and gasped. “Talon, what happened to your face?”

I brought my hand up to my jaw before making a dismissive gesture. “It’s nothing. I need to talk to you about Ben.”

“Don’t help him lie!” Valla said sharply. “I saw what he did with my own eyes.”

I walked over and sat at the edge of the bed. “Valla, that woman was a mind-witch. It’s a Force-user that specializes in mind tricks. They can entrap people by creating an illusion. Once they get you alone they keep you trapped by the illusion as they drain you of your life essence. They’re like Anzats or Energy Vampires…except they don’t have to bite a person to suck out your Force energies.”

Valla gave me such an utter look of disbelief that I almost laughed. I have to admit, it did sound ridiculous. “It’s true.”

She gave a contentious snort. “I supposed she was trying to suck his life essence out through his mouth?”

A nervous grin crossed my face. I knew this was not going well. “I’m fairly sure close proximity is the only requirement.”

She rolled her eyes. “Please. You and Ben are like brothers. You’d say anything to cover for him.”

“And risk infuriating Zylie? No way!” I stood and put my hands over my heart in a solemn gesture. “I swear to you Valla. If it came down to upsetting Zylie or throwing my cousin under a speeder bus, Ben is going down. I would never do anything that would cause me to end up on Zylie’s bad side. I love her too much.”

A slight smile formed on Valla’s face. “That is so sweet of you, Talon.”

I breathed a sigh of relief. “It’s true. If it came down to Ben or my marriage, I would screw Ben over in a heart beat.” Gods, that sounded awful, but it’s true to a certain extent. I'd die for Ben, but I would never lie for him to cover an affair.

Her eyes dropped as she sniffled sadly. “I wish Ben was more like you.”

“He is!” I said adamantly as I pointed to my face. “He did this to me. When I grabbed the mind-witch he thought I was hurting you…so he beat me senseless.” I brought my hand up to my bruised face. “He just about broke my jaw! To be honest, if he actually threw me under a speeder bus it probably would have hurt less.” I paused dramatically. “He beat me to a pulp, his cousin who is like a brother to him, because he thought he was protecting you.”

Valla’s lips trembled as tears flowed down her cheeks. “He did that for me?”

I gave her a forced smile. “He thought I was hurting you. He loves you so much he was willing to beat the snot out of me before giving me a chance to explain.”

Valla started sobbing again. “That’s so romantic.”

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. “He’s truly a man in love. A passionate man with a wicked right hook.”

She chuckled softly while wiping tears from her eyes. “Was it really a mind-witch?”

“Definitely! When I grabbed her she morphed into an image of Zylie right in front of my eyes. If I didn’t happen to see it at the time, I would have been fooled. Even the Grand Master was tricked by a mind-witch when he was young. They are convincing and extremely dangerous.” I waited for her to respond, but she remained silent. “Valla, Ben would never ever do anything purposely to hurt you. Please talk to him. He’s a mess. He’s scared of losing you. Give him a chance to explain.”

She snuffled before nodded her head. “Okay. Send him in.”

I grinned broadly. “Thanks.”

As I walked to the door she called out,“Talon.” I turned to her. “Thanks for being such a good friend.”

I grinned. “We’re more than friends. We’re family.”

I left the cabin hopeful for the future…and hoping that this would get me out of giving Princess a bath.

Falcon, Kahara and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    “He beat me to a pulp, his cousin who is like a brother to him, because he thought he was protecting you.”
    Valla’s lips trembled as tears flowed down her cheeks. “He did that for me?”

I gave her a forced smile. “He thought I was hurting you. He loves you so much he was willing to beat the snot out of me before giving me a chance to explain.”

Valla started sobbing again. “That’s so romantic.”

[face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl]

Jedi_Lover and Kahara like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific & [face_rofl] Yup, I hope Talon's sprung from having to give Princess a bath too.

Jedi_Lover and Kahara like this.
  10. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Phew! I thought she wasn't going to buy the truth -- not sure if I would in her place. Mind witches, seriously? How convenient... o_O

[face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Whew... Ben is off the hook. Good thing Talon caught the witch's metamorphoses.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Ben off the hook and now Talon off the hook too for bathing a Princess[face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] These two! Talon gave Ben some very good advice, as well. Great scene between him and Valla - he really looks after his family!

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! I'm glad you liked that.

I don't think he will be that lucky.

Poor Ben. In the last journal he got in trouble with a Zeltron hitting on him.

That would have been bad if his cousin wasn't there to figure out what was going on.

We'll see who's off the hook in the next post.

Thanks. They are close because they all knew each other since they were children. I figure they are all closer now that they are living together.

Thanks everybody for reading!

Entry 6

I exited Valla's cabin and found Ben outside pacing the corridor. He looked to me anxiously. “What did she say?”

I threw a thumb in the direction of their cabin. “She’ll talk to you.”

He closed his eyes and blew out a relieved breath. “Thank you Talon.” He rushed past me to talk to his wife.

Zylie came up to me wrapping her arms around my waist and pressing the side of her face to my chest. “Thanks for talking to Valla. She was heartbroken. I got the chance to talk to Ben while you were in the cabin and he is sick to his stomach with worry.”

I embraced Zylie as I pulled in a shuttering breath. “I never, ever, want to go through something like that again. I’d rather face a Rancor than deal with such nasty emotional drama.”

She pulled back so she could look up at me. “You look like you fought a Rancor.”

I gave her a lopsided grin. “You should see the other guy.”

“You mean the cute redhead that didn’t have a mark on him?”

“I didn’t want to hurt the little guy.” I joked as I detangled from Zylie’s embrace. “Maybe I should see 2-1B and have him patch me up.”

I went to see our medical droid. I needed a couple stitches for my forehead and some bacta cream. 2-1B did a brain scan to see if I had a concussion. He also X-rayed my head to make sure I didn’t have any fractures. It turns out my jaw was slightly dislocated. The droid manipulated my jaw until he was satisfied it was now in the proper position.

When I exited the small medical bay I went back to my room to lay down. I must have fell asleep because I woke up at a knock at my door. I propped myself up on my elbow. “Come in.”

Ben walked in looking much calmer than he was when we arrived. “Thanks Talon…for everything.”

I threw my legs over the side of the bed and sat up. “Is everything okay?”

Ben gave a slight shrug of his shoulder. “I think I’m more upset with myself than she is at the moment.” He pulled out a chair from my desk and sat down. “Are you sure it was a mind-witch?”

I nodded. “It couldn’t be a clawdite or Shi’ido, otherwise I would have seen her as Valla also. Plus I had a post-cognitive vision of her draining men of their life-Force. She’s a serial killer. We need to find her.”

He nodded. “We do, but I’d like to get my father involved in this. He’s dealt with a mind-witch before.”

“Agreed.” I stood and motioned for Ben to follow. “Let’s get on the ship’s transceiver and give the Grand Master a call.”

When we entered the flight deck ID10T turned toward us. “Master Tantiss, may I enquire as to how you became injured?”

“I had to fight off twenty swoop gang members, Ten-Tee.”

“I see, Sir. You do not wish to disclose how you were wounded.”

I glared at the droid. “You don’t think I could fight off twenty men?”

I droid remained silent for a moment. “Indeed I do sir, but your answer caused Master Skywalker to make an expression of incredulity which indicated to me duplicity on your part.”

“I hit him, Ten-Tee,” Ben admitted.

“Understandable, Sir.”

Understandable? “What?”

Ben nudged my shoulder. “Let’s make that call.”

I glared at the droid before sitting down in front of the transceiver/communications unit. Ben punched in the code for his father’s quarters and pushed the send button. After a minute of static my old Master’s face filled the screen. Mara Jade Skywalker was getting up there in the years, but she was still a beautiful woman with greying red hair and piercing green eyes. She smiled when she saw Ben, but her expression morphed into one of concern when she saw my bruised face. “Talon, what happened?”

My eyes narrowed in a look of mock annoyance. “Your son hit me.”

She looked to Ben and then to me. “Should I even ask what the fight was about?”

Ben ran a hand through his hair. “That’s what we’re calling about. We had a run in with a mind-witch. She caused me to think Talon was hurting Valla…so I hit him.”

A slender eyebrow rose inquisitively. “A mind-witch? Are you sure?”

“I’m sure. I had a post-cognitive vision of her killing men.”

“We’d like dad’s help in catching her.”

Mara nodded before sitting back in what looked like a desk chair. “That’s a good idea. We’ll both come out to help. Send me your coordinates.”

We sent my former master the coordinates and I left to allow Ben time to talk to his mother alone. Zylie was in the galley sipping caf with her sister who still looked shaken by today’s events. I was going to sit down to talk to her, but Zylie signaled me to keep walking. I guess they are doing girl talk. That’s okay; I need to sleep off this migraine I’m developing.

Entry 7

We are expecting my aunt and uncle to arrive on Kuat tomorrow. I haven’t seen much of Ben or Valla in the last two days and I was beginning to worry. I found Zylie in the galley drinking caf and asked her if everything was alright with her sister and Ben.

She looked up from her drink and rolled her eyes. “Yes. They’ll be fine. I think the phase they are going through is called hysterical bonding.”

I sat down at the table and chuckled. “Hysterical what?”

“Bonding. I learned about it in my psychology college class. When there is a perceived threat to a marriage the couple might try to reclaim their relationship by having long durations of sexual activity.”

“What?” I looked at my cousin’s cabin door. “Are you sure they aren’t in there talking?”

Zylie scoffed. “You’re the Jedi. Why don’t you Force-peek?”

I was tempted, just to prove Zylie wrong, but then thought better of it. When it comes to Zylie, I have learned she is usually right. “I’m glad they are getting along.” I got up and poured myself a cup of caf before returning to my seat. “Luke and Mara will be here tomorrow.”

“We need to give Princess her bath before they get here,” Zylie said matter-of-factly. “She stinks.”

I grimaced. “I think I deserve a pass from bathing duties. Let Ben do it. He got his revenge on me when he beat me up.”

Zylie gulped the last of her drink and stood. “Ben and Valla need time alone and I don’t think Princess is going to let Ben near her anytime soon.” She turned and moved toward the cargo entrance where Princess was housed. “I’ll do it myself if you’re not going to help me.”

I groaned, but stood and followed her. “If I help you give her a bath can we do some hysterical bonding later on?”

She turned with a smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck. “I’ll give you some wild and frenzied manic bonding.”

I grinned. “That sounds good to me.”

We entered the cargo area where Princess laid in her cage looking miserable, but she managed to give me a low warning growl when I came near. My nose wrinkled as I caught a whiff of her. “Yuck! She smells rancid.”

“I know,” Zylie said sadly. “My poor little girl is sick.” I let Zylie reach through the kennel bars and put the leash on her collar. She then let the vonrskr out of the cage and guided her over to an area with floor drain. She tied the vicious animal to a wall hook especially installed for this task.

I grimaced at the sight of clumps of vomit on the vornskr's coarse hair. I don’t like the animal but for Zylie’s sake I hoped Princess wasn’t seriously ill. I don’t know if we could find a veterinarian who knows how to treat such an exotic animal. “Let’s get you cleaned up, Princess.”

I picked up the water hose and turned it on while Zylie grabbed the pet shampoo from a storage cabinet. I stood out of biting range as I sprayed the water on the animal. Zylie dumped a generous amount of shampoo on Princess and started to rub it into her fur.

She frowned as she tried to work out the mats in the animal’s coat. “I’m going have to cut out some of this matted hair.” She gave me an apologetic look. “You’re going to have to hold her. She doesn’t like the scissors.”

“Oh sure,” I scoffed sarcastically. “‘ Hey Talon, will you please hold onto this psychotic Force hating predator while I walk toward her with a pair of scissors that she hates’.” I rolled my eyes for emphasis but Zylie just shook her head.

“It will take less than a minute. Just hold her collar.”

I let out a frustrated breath, but turned off the water and slowly approached the animal. To my surprise she let me grab ahold of her collar with only an evil glare. The smell of vomit was overwhelming. I guess Princess is too sick to her stomach to attack me today. As I knelt down next to her I noticed something odd about her belly. I looked underneath the animal and saw bumps along her abdomen. After further examination I realized they were her teats. I’ve never seen them this extended before. It was like she was…pregnant. At that moment I remember how my father-in-law’s male vornskr had gotten loose and mounted Princess a few weeks ago. “Oh, this is just great,” I muttered as I reached under her belly to verify what I thought I was seeing. And at that very moment I learned something very important—pregnant vonskrs don’t like their bellies touched.

She growled and jerked her head so hard that the leash snapped. She lunged at me capturing my forearm in between her sharp bone-crushing teeth. I know I could probably kill this animal with the use of the Force, but I just couldn’t do that to my wife’s pet…especially knowing the animal is pregnant. I called out for Zylie.

“Get her off me!”

Zylie grabbed the collar and tried to pull the animal away from me, but the just made the Vornskr bite down harder. At this time blood is gushing from my arm. Ben must have heard Zylie’s screams because he ran into the cargo bay wearing only boxers and carrying a blaster. When he took aim on the animal I think everybody was surprised when I yelled. “Don’t hurt her! She’s pregnant!”

At this point Ben looked flustered, not knowing what to do. “Try to lull her to sleep,” he called to me.

I thought that was the most asinine thing I have ever heard, but then I remembered my father had this Force ability. Unfortunately, I don’t know if I have this particular talent, and if I did, I don't know if I can concentrate well enough to pull it off. I put my free hand on Princess’ head and used the Force to send soothing thoughts to her. I was getting dizzy and I was fairly certain I would pass out from blood loss before this snarling beast would give up the chance to eat me.

Ben came up next to me and put his hand on the Vornskr’s head trying to help. I sure hope his presence doesn’t piss her off more so she goes for my groin. Fortunately it appeared to help. The pressure on my arm eased and eventually Princess’ eyes drooped. Ben grabbed her as she drifted off to sleep and set her down on the deck. He then pulled me off the floor with my good arm and rushed me to the medical bay.

“What is it with the people on this ship attacking me?” I moaned.

“Sorry Talon. I should have never have asked you to bathe her.” Ben got me to our medical droid 2-1B and explained the situation. Valla came into the infirmary, blanched at the sight of blood, and quickly left. It looked like she was going to vomit. Maybe she’s pregnant also. It’s possible, after all they got in enough hysterical bonding in the last couple days.

As the droid cleaned my wound and stitched me up I turned and glared at Ben and Zylie. “I am not bathing that vornskr ever again. Never!”

Zylie came up to me and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. “I’m so sorry Talon. I didn’t know she was pregnant.”

“Of course not. Just because she is irritable and vomiting from possible morning sickness just weeks after getting sexually assaulted by your father’s hypersexual male vornskr. Why would we suspect?”

“I’m so sorry.” Zylie had tears in her eyes. “Do you want me to get rid of her?”

Gods, I wanted to say YES, but I can’t do that to Zylie. She had the animal since she was twelve. “No.” I grimaced as the droid sprayed some painful antiseptic on my arm. “But your father takes the litter off our hands. One Vornskr is enough!”

Zylie grinned happily as she stood on her toes and kissed me on the lips. “I love you.”

“Yeah, I…OWWWW!” I said as the droid jabbed me with a needle full of something. He then placed a bacta patch on my arm before bandaging it up.

“Okay," Ben said as he patted my shoulder. "I'll let you get back to bathing Princess.”

I scowled at my cousin. “If it wasn’t for the fact that I know you can kick my butt…I would so put the hurt on you right now.”

“You are having one hell of a week Talon.” Ben chuckled softly. "Don't worry. Valla and I will take care of Princess."

I jumped down from the exam table and moved toward my cabin. “Just make sure she is secured. I don’t want to have any more body parts torn up today.”

Valla nodded as she disappeared into the cargo area. Zylie helped me to bed and then laid down next to me.

She gave me a sad smile. “I guess wild and frenzied manic bonding is out of the question now.”

I grinned as I shifted in the bed trying to get comfortable. “I may be able to handle some slow and sensual bonding.”

"I can do that." She turned and kissed me softly on the lips. “I promise, I’ll be gentle.”

15. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] Talon and Princess are priceless! And she's going to have some bubby vornskrs, how cute!

Nice to see a cameo from Mara.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: [face_rofl] and SQUEE! all in one post. =D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Trouble for Talon with more vornskrs on the way. Nice post with the hysterical bonding

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Pregnant vornskr. :oops:

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yep a whole litter of the little monsters. I bet that will just thrill Talon.

Thanks!

I can imagine a bunch of baby vornskrs biting his ankles. lol!

Let's just hope gestation is not a long process. ;)

Thanks for reading. This next post is short, but I hope to have them on their adventure soon.

Entry 8

Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara arrived on Kuat the next day. My uncle wore his Jedi robes, but my aunt was dressed in a casual green jumpsuit with boots and a weapon’s belt. I don’t think she ever had a fondness for bulky Jedi apparel. As they walked up the boarding ramp of the Vazy Princess they were greeted enthusiastically by Ben and Valla. Zylie and I lagged behind allowing them some privacy.

Ben gave his dad a firm hug before turning to his mother and kissing her on the cheek. “Thanks for coming.”

“I will use any excuse to see my son,” Mara said with a warm smile before turning to Valla. “And my favorite daughter-in-law.” She embraced the younger woman before stepping back and allowing her husband to do the same. My aunt looked up the ramp and spied me and Zylie waiting on board. “Talon, let me see what damage my oldest son did to you.”

I grinned as I walked toward my former master and gave her a warm hug. “It’s not so bad.” I stepped back and traced a finger over the scar on my forehead. “It’s healing up nicely.”

At that point my aunt noticed my bandaged arm. “I was told you were punched. What happened to your arm?”

I gave a dismissive gesture. “I was bit.”

“Ben bit you?”

I had to laugh at the shocked sound of my aunt’s voice.

“No,” I chuckled. “The Vornskr bit me.”

Mara’s jaw dropped. “Ouch!”

My uncle came up the ramp and gave Zylie a kiss on the cheek before he examined my bandaged arm. “Vornskr bite, huh? I was told Princess didn’t like you. Obviously I didn’t know the full extent of her hatred.”

I shrugged. “She is extra moody because she’s pregnant.”

Mara’s eyebrow raised slightly. “How did she manage that? Do you have two vornskrs?”

Zylie shook her head. “We dropped Princess off with my dad a few weeks ago and his male vornskr got loose and mounted her.”

Mara grinned and turned to Luke. “Maybe your uncle can take one of the litter. He thinks he can talk to vornskrs.”

Luke rolled his eyes before addressing Ben. “Your mother is referring to the time we were attacked by one of the beasts while travelling through the Myrkr forest. I had to yell to distract one of the animals to save your mother’s life.”

“That’s only because farmboy was taking long naps while I stayed awake all night popping stimpills and guarding his butt.”

Luke gave a nostalgic smile. “Those were the days.” He gave Zylie a wink. “Mara won’t admit it, but she had a thing for me as far back as Myrkr.”

My aunt just groaned and shook her head. My uncle sidled up next to her and kissed her on the cheek. “Admit it,” he teased.

Mara laughed before pushing him away playfully. “I’ll admit you looked okay in that tight sleeveless t-shirt.”

“Arrggghhh,” Ben groaned. “Are you two still romanticizing about how you met?” He walked past them and into the main part of the ship while gesturing everybody to follow. “That story gets mushier by every year. Mom admits she admired my dad’s toned arms while dad expressed how wonderful my mother looked in her skin tight body suit. They make it sound like they met at a Chandrila beach resort. I’ve been to Myrkr, remember? It is a hot, sticky, Force-void hellhole full of things that can kill you.” He stopped and turned to his parents. “The truth is Mom wanted to kill Dad. They had animals constantly trying to stalk and slaughter them and they were actively hunted by Imperial Stormtroopers. There is nothing romantic about that story.”

Mara scoffed. “That’s because we left out all the scandalous and licentious parts of the tale. When you were growing up we had to give you an age-appropriate account of our adventure.”

Ben’s face went slack. “What?”

Luke guffawed before giving his son a slap on the back. “She’s joking. You’re right. It was an awful experience, but the truth is vornskrs brought us together. Your mom saved me from one and then I saved her. It was the start of trust between us.”

I turned to Zylie and smiled broadly. “Did you hear that? Killing a vornskr could bring us closer together.”

My wife scowled at my tasteless joke. “The only thing killing Princess will bring you closer to is getting shot out the airlock.”

“Ouch.” I chuckled then gave my uncle a wicked grin. “Since you like the animals so much, maybe you can take the entire litter off our hands when they’re born.”

Both Mara and Luke shook their heads in unison. “No way. Why would a Jedi want a Force-hunting predator?”

“I’ll say,” Ben agreed with his father. “That is almost as crazy as a Jedi keeping a Force-void ysalamiri as a pet.” He looked at me knowingly.

“Like I had a choice? I grew up with them, but they weren’t my pets. They belonged to my dad and he kept Nibbles because that was the ysalamiri that saved his life and helped Talon Karrde kill the Emperor Reborn. According to my father, that ysalamiri was the hero of Byss.”

“That’s true, but we can discuss Myrkr fauna later.” Luke put his hand on my shoulder as we entered the galley. “Ben said you sensed that the woman you saw was a mind-witch. I need to know everything that happened in detail so we can determine the best way to proceed.”

“Okay.” I slid into a chair surrounding the dining table. “I’ll tell you what I know.” I noticed Valla and Zylie didn’t stick around to hear all the details. It is still a sore subject for Ben’s wife. Hopefully when we put this witch in jail there will be some closure concerning this incident.

aleja2 and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awwwww. And [face_laugh] over L/M's romanticizing the Myrkr experience. You know they are more than half telling the truth: they admired each other even then. :) LOL on Talon's "suggestion" about killing vornskrs. :p :eek: Which is not to say a small accident couldn't occur and ... :oops:

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    [face_laugh]

Nibbles! Too funny. Hope Luke and Mara catch the witch!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the discussion about the animals and Luke and Mara's meeting

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  23. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great update and poor Talon, getting plummeted by Princess doesn't sound fun. I hope they catch the witch. more soon

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  24. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Great to see Luke and Mara - love them romanticizing Myrkr and Ben having non of that [face_laugh]

Falcon, Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  25. aleja2

aleja2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Just caught up! Loving all the family drama. And baby vornskrs on the way! [face_hypnotized][face_laugh]