main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST [DDC 2016] The Force Energized (TFA Spoilers) [Updated 6/23/16]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Jan 2, 2016.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: [DDC 2016] The Force Energized (TFA Spoilers) [Updated 6/23/16]
    Author: RX_Sith
    Characters: All of the Characters from TFA.
    Timeframe: During and after TFA
    Rating: PG-13
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: For the http://boards.theforce.net/threads/dear-diary-challenge-2016.50034782/][/url] Dear Diary Challenge 2016 musings concerning parts of The Force Awakens and after.

Entry One: Help Me

"I am torn between the darkness and the light," Ben Solo, now known as Kylo Ren stated with a simple request, "Can you help me?"

"Anything," his father, Han Solo replied as he stood close to his son on the extended platform over an eternal abyss.

Ben struggled internally to place his lightsaber out for his father to also hold onto. He felt the light and the darkness speaking to him, 'Go back to your family', the light side tried to sway him back towards the light.

'NO! You must kill him to turn to the Darkside and make your journey complete!' the darkness oozed back into control as he felt his hands trembling on the lightsaber searching... searching for the switch to.... IGNITE!

The red blade punctured into his father's chest as he thrust it forth and left it for a few seconds and then he swiftly and maniacally removed it as his father reached out for one last moment of simple expression: he lifted his left hand and touched his face.... and then he faltered and fell over the edge of the platform into the eternal abyss below.

'You did it! You are now complete! Release your....' the Darkside oozed with relentlessness and then suddenly a laser bolt from Chewbacca's bowcaster caught him in the side as he dropped to one knee. A few meters higher and it would have been a death blow; still the blood oozed from his side.

He saw the traitor and the girl as his troops were now being picked off by the enraged beast from his friend's death. They quickly turned and started to run towards safety. 'Get Them!' the Darkness urged him to his feet as he now had two new foes. He met them swiftly in the forest cutting them off from safety.

"Monster," the girl spat out, but he threw her against a tree to knock her out of the first battle.

"Traitor!" he yelled at Finn, "That's mine!" he motioned to the blue ignited lightsaber.

"Come and get it!" Finn bellowed out in reply as he swung as hard as he could at his opponent.

'With pain there is victory!' the Darkside urged him on as his blood reddened the snowy landscape as he parried Finn's thrusts and initiated his attack on the untrained foe. He quickly dispatched the inexperienced traitor.

He motioned for the lightsaber to finally come to him where it belonged. Instead.... It flew to her! The scavenger. How? Why? No matter, he would defeat her as well.

They fought as they blocked each other's killing blows and then she started to retreat into the woods... into her perceived safety.

'NOW! Kill Her!' the Darkside commanded as more blood spilled onto the snow as he now had her at the edge of a precipice. She stood there with her eyes closed as if focusing on something.

But then suddenly her eyes flew open and now she was taking the fight to him. She pressed him and then held his red blade with her arm burying in the snow to extinguish its terror. She then slashed him across his face leaving a scar as he stumbled to the ground. She had him. She was the victor. This scavenger had somehow beaten him.

And then, the planet suddenly opened up a wide passage between them. She instantly ran for safety while he awaited the arrival of General Hux to rescue him.

Hux sneered with a wicked grin at the defeated villain. "You owe me one," he simply stated to Kylo as his troops placed his injured form aboard his personal ship.

'You will get your Revenge!' the Darkside told him to make his anger for her even worse than before. He would train with Supreme Leader Snoke and get his revenge and more.

To Be Continued...

Chyntuck and Falcon like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Good start. With one tiny detail, the diary is written in an I format. No biggie, just so you know for future posts :)

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Nice start to the DDC. I like the idea that Kylo didn't initially plan to kill his father, but was swayed by the darkside. For some reason the thought that he always intended on killing his father and used his dad's love to lure him to his death really is disturbing. It is horrible that he killed his father, but the thought that he was struggling and that his initial words to his father were true, makes this a tragedy and not just some insane psychopath tricking his dad. I don't know if that makes any sense. Nice job!

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Entry Two: A New Start

I have started my intense training on the desolate and mountainous world of Moraband. Supreme Leader Snoke sent me to this place to complete my training, but he is no where around; it seems like once again he is again using my abilities for his own purpose. No matter, I will grow stronger in the Dark Side and one day I will defeat and overthrow him. Then, I will have become greater than my grandfather, Darth Vader, who failed at the end to attain unlimited power.

I have looked through the vast ruins of the Sith as I search the planet for my purpose which will hopefully be revealed to me. I can feel the anger and torment growing inside of me as I descend further and further into the darkness of my inevitable future as ruler of the galaxy. I will not let anyone stand in the way of the prize that I can feel grow closer and closer with each passing moment. My father was right about one thing; that Snoke would use my powers for his own purpose; but I am letting him on purpose to turn the tables on him and reveal that I will be the new Supreme Leader.

I enter the Valley of the Dark Lords and here there calls for revenge and conquest; upon both Rey and Snoke respectively; for I will have my ultimate victory; one that I will be the one who will corrupt Rey to join me and defeat Snoke. It is a wise and simple plan. I will bring her before Snoke and then in his time of questioning her, I will destroy him and take her as my new apprentice and together we will rule the galaxy.

Until that day arrives, I will venture into the deepest recesses of the tombs inside of the Valley of the Dark Lords. There, I will be given what is necessary for my ascension to power; the fiercest power that any foe has faced; the Dark Side and no longer the Light; the ultimate victory over The Force.

To Be Continued...

Chyntuck likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Definitely got a grip on the intense single-minded sithly focus here. Conquest and domination, squelching of all opposers. :eek:

RX_Sith likes this.
  6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

Entry Three: A Newer Hope

I needed a hero. That is why I came to Luke Skywalker on Ahch-To. But, maybe instead of myself needing a hero, perhaps he is now the one who needs one.

I started my training at first wanting to know everything that I could about him, but instead it seems that he is the one learning everything about me.

I never knew my family and I am hoping that when the time is right that Luke will tell me that I am his daughter, but the more that I train with him, the more I can feel his pain; his regrets; his suffering.

I have now realized that I am the newer hope for the Resistance and the fight against the First Order; Luke may or may not join me; so I must train to my fullest potential; failure is not an option.

To Be Continued...

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love the resolve Rey has here - @};- she is determined to succeed and bring some measure of peace.

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I loved the two voices in Ben/Kylo's head in the first entry -- it reminded me of Smeagol/Gollum's dilemma in LotR. And now he clearly has delusions of grandeur, thinking that he'll become Supreme Leader with Rey at his side. In a sense it feels like he's digging his own hole a little bit deeper.

Interesting that Rey hopes to find out that Luke is her father. Her craving for a family feels very real.

RX_Sith and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

I feel that Rey truly will be a great Jedi thanks to Luke training her. :)

Chyntuck

Yeah, Kylo is a loose cannon for sure and Rey seeking answers from both Luke and the Force is her reason for craving a family.

Entry Four: A Purposeful Resolution

I was a Hero. Now that I am training my daughter though I am having mixed feelings about becoming again what I used to be. The pain, the suffering leads to the Dark Side Yoda taught me and now I feel that if I join her in her quest that I am having second thoughts as to what I really want to do.

Still, with Rey's training, I feel young again, like the Force has been somehow renewed and reenergized within me. What the future holds for me I don't want to use the Force to see; I'd rather just let things happen as they are destined; whether that be good or bad; but I am hoping for good.

I feel ashamed for not searching for Rey after the Jedi Massacre at the Academy that I had set up. I thought she was dead; maybe in a way I was instead. I let go of everything once I saw the rotting corpse of my wife. It struck a blow more powerful than anything the Force or the enemy ever could. It weakened me to the point of going into seclusion; away from anyone that I was close too; away from Leia and Han; away from my past; but I knew of only one place that could restore me; Ahch-To; the first place that the Jedi arose.

To Be Continued...

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent insights and blend of hope for the future and reflecting on past losses/choices.

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Man, that was sad :_| Let's see if Ahch-To had the healing effect one would expect.

RX_Sith likes this.
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

Hope is what Luke and Rey are both looking forward to.

Chyntuck

Sorrowful outlook for Luke at the moment; but hopefully he will cheer up.

Entry Five

I lost my husband, but I am still hopeful for the Resistance to conquer the First Order. I lost Luke, but at least I sent Rey to find him and help to bring him back. I do not have the time to weep and cry since there is still a long way to go before this conflict is over. I do not expect it to be over any time soon and more losses and sacrifices will have to be made.

I must keep my resolve resolute in these trying times because even though we have vanquished Starkiller Base, the First Order will reorganize and strike back with its fiercest might. They have destroyed the government based on Hosnian Prime and now I begin to wonder if we are even meant to set down roots anywhere without losing all in the end.

For now, we travel amongst the stars looking for a new home; one where we can hopefully elude the First Order from finding; it will be a hard task to accomplish, but it is the only hope most have now of finding some meaning for surviving the battle and continuing to exist; to settle down, make families, and live out a peaceful and productive life.

To Be Continued...

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    You can really sense the resolve in this entry but it is strongly blended with weariness :( [face_thinking] Do we have the strength to go on? Is there a point?

Perhaps this is it:

to settle down, make families, and live out a peaceful and productive life.

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

Another case of weariness ensues, unfortunately. :(

Entry Six

I lost my wife and my son; probably one led to the other; no matter; I guess that I will go back to what I know best; smuggling. Besides, Chewie is still faithful to me no matter what my relationship status is with my family. Family; it is something that I struggled with; why; I don't really know. Maybe it was because I would leave on a mission just because I missed the rush of excitement; maybe it was other reasons.

It seemed like I could not really settle down; I missed the chases, the chaos, the edge of the seat feeling that I always got smuggling or doing something that I knew was hard to do, but I would still go do it anyway because I always won. But, in a way, I did not win anything. No semblance of a family relationship; just 'Hello, Leia, I miss you', but yet I missed the rush of the unknown more. Why or why could I not settle down?

It is a major flaw. I know that now that I am older and wiser. And yet, I still am searching for the Falcon, as if that will bring back forgotten memories or the feelings that I once had for Leia. It's crushing in a way how I lost it all without so much of a resolve to do something about it. I miss everything. I miss Leia the most. My son never wants to see me again, and I could hardly blame him.

Ben; such a short and simple name; a name of someone that Leia had entrusted with the plans for the Death Star. A dear old friend, another missed opportunity to get to know him; nope; I wanted the blaster fire and the hair-raising escapes instead. I am more resigned than ever that I will die alone.

To Be Continued...

Chyntuck likes this.
  15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Entry Seven: Missing My Family

Missing my family is the one thing that I have longed for with all of my heart. The pain and suffering of not knowing where they went; all of the time I could have had with them. These things I will never know for they left me on that forsaken desert world of Jakku in the care of a brute.

I do not hate my family for leaving me behind. I just want to know why; why did they do it; and not come back. Instead, I have to mark each day as it passes inside of a downed AT-AT. I pretend that each day brings them closer to returning knowing deep inside that they may not. It's a strange feeling; knowing that I have a hopeless hope of purpose; of destiny; of so many things that I could be; if only I could leave this place.

In the meantime, I make ends meet by scavenging from the wreckage of a battle long ago. How did these Star Destroyers end up here? The battle must have been immense. It makes me wonder what I would even be doing if these was nothing to scavenge. What would I be? What would I do? I just keep to myself and mark off the next day. It is the only thing that makes my heart feel like soon I will have an answer to my longing questions.

To Be Continued...

Chyntuck likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    #6: ow! :( :( #7-- great introspection and sense of wating. =D=

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Entry Eight: A Mysterious Mountain and a New Threat

The dark and sinister Cloud Mountain cavern on Cularin was constructed a long time ago by the Tarasin over one hundred years before the Clone Wars and they used it imprison a dangerous creature called the t'salak that had attacked them. They put a series of obstacles inside it, to prevent anyone with malicious intent from freeing the creature.

The dark cloaked figure cleared all of the obstacles within the cavern and freed the t'salak who then flew off and laid waste to the remaining buildings and dwellings on Cularin. It breathed a fiery mixture of Force lightning and fire and quickly burned the few citizens who had been living on the world.

The figure breathed a sigh of relief and contemptuous pleasure at the sight before him, "It is done," he reported to his recorder. It then marveled at the planet that was consumed by the flames and lightning from the t'salak. The t'salak landed close enough that it climbed on top of the creature and it flew off into the distance atop the fierce creature.

It recited its mantra:

I am Terror that rides upon the beast

I am Fear from the west to the east

I am Rage with anger and might

I am Pain every day and every night

To Be Continued...

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Entries 5-6-7: I like how you're jumping around PoVs and moments in time here, yet connect all the entries with the concept of family. The protagonists of TFA are all looking for the same thing in the end, they just have different ways of approaching it.

Entry 8: This was officially creepy :p particularly the final mantra. Great way to summarise the descent into darkness in just a few lines.

RX_Sith likes this.
  19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Waiting is sometimes the hardest part of the journey. [face_thinking]

Chyntuck

Darkness is a very dreadful thing that in its creepiness is terror and frightfulness. [face_skull]

Entry Nine: Nines

FN-2199, or Nines despised the traitor, now known as Finn, who had once been one of them; a Stormtrooper. How could he have switched to join the Rebel Scum. It was unthinkable and only the act of a coward could do such a terrible thing.

He made a list of all the redeeming categories that the First Order offered; Peace, comfort, companionship, food, water, the essentials for a simple life, but at least it was the life of someone who served the First Order first and foremost. He then tried to make a list of what possibly the Rebels could offer and came up with just one thing; the act or defeating the First Order.

In that moment, Nines now knew what Finn planned to do. Besides betraying the First Order, he planned to defeat them. He knew things that only a First Order Stormtrooper could, but this information alone could be used by the despicable Rebels to do harm to the First Order.

He told General Hux of Finn's plans and when news that the traitor had been found, he made sure that he was part of the mission to kill him. That was the only thing that would make this right. The death of the traitor to the First Order and Nines was the one who was determined to be the one that killed Finn.

To Be Continued...

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb introspection and details of unswerving (if misplaced loyalty).

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Well, I guess it may be misplaced loyalty regarding Finn's decision to leave, but the other Stormtroopers are obviously dedicated to the First Order.

Entry Ten: Darkness is My Companion

Darkness is my companion now as I relish its unswerving presence within me as I aim to further extinguish the light. I solely focus on the anger and aggression that the Darkness bathes me with and it soothes my senses and makes things clear to me. It has shown me much pain and violence and I sneer with each glimpse into my future battle with Rey and Luke. For they are the enemies that I must vanquish. The Jedi must become extinct for me to surpass my grandfather; Darth Vader.

There is no doubt in my mind that I will ultimately be the Supreme Ruler of the First Order. First though, I need to extinguish the Light once and for all. Then, I can claim the Dark as well. Snoke may think that he has the upper hand, but I will show him the true nature of the Dark Side. He will be no more and I will be the might and master of everything. I feel the darkness rage inside of me waiting to be unleashed on my foes and I will torment and terrorize each and every last one of the Republic. It will end and I will begin.

To Be Continued...