main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before the Saga [DDC 2017] Memory Books and Personal Logs - OCs

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    AzureAngel2 Thank you and hopefully you will continue to enjoy the mystery.

Kahara

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Corporal Acker’s Personal Log

I found a near human female.

She was walking along the edge of the lake created by the dam when she slipped and fell into the icy waters. She’s lucky I was out on a foot patrol or she could have drowned in the icy water or gone into shock from the cold.

I pulled her from the water but she was already unconscious. I immediately divested her of her soaked clothing, wrapped her in my emergency blanket and carried her back to the dam.

Her skin reminds me of a Merican’s with the different skin tones she has. But unlike the Mericans the different colors of her skin are in patches and swirls; almost like someone added different amounts of milk or cream to caf or a dark tea.

It makes her look exotic, in an unusual way.

I hope she’s okay and doesn’t need more heat than the thermal blanket and emergency heat packs are providing. I don’t know how she will react if she woke up to me sharing body heat with her.

I –

*garbed words*

*clattering*

*recording abruptly ends*

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Interesting new developments here with the memory book keeper (sorry, I seem to have lost her name if we know it!) running across a mysterious stranger and Corporal Acker doing the same. I'm curious to know what these two encounters might have to do with each other. I'm half wondering if the memory book writer is the female that Acker rescued and something went wrong after her latest diary entry. Guess I'll have to wait and see. [face_thinking] Some of the things that the memory book writer noticed about the woman she met while traveling make me think that this is an offworlder who knows something of the local culture. Hence the seeming struggle with recalling details of lore that the writer expects to be second nature. Then again, there are probably many other explanations too.

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I see. You left us with a nasty cliffy and keen on reading more, more and more.

Lady_Misty and Kahara like this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Kahara I don't recall if I stated what her name was in this but I have named her on the DDC Thread in Writing Resources but her name is Linza. The woman that Linza met is one of her people because of a uniqueness about Linza's people. For the record Linza accidentally slipped into the lake when she was checking it out because she was curious about how deep it was.

AzureAngel2 Well here's another update and we'll see how you feel afterwards.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well she’s awake and understandably scared. I don’t blame her; I am a strange man and she is a female.

I believe her name is Linza since when I pointed at myself and said my name she seemed to understand that David was my name and repeated it back to me before pointing to herself and saying ‘Linza’.

I tried it out a few times to make sure I had it correct and I admit it sounds like a beautiful name.

It took her a bit to pronounce my name correctly she pronounced it more like DAH-vit than dah-VEED at first.

She doesn’t understand Basic or Huttese.

I think she finds me fascinating because she keeps looking at my exposed skin. I don’t really blame her since I was staring at her. If my guess is correct, her Race has different colored patches and swirls on their skin so seeing someone without any, a uniform skin color, must be surprising.

She has tried to talk to me in a language that sounds consonant heavy.

I didn’t understand most of it but I think I got the words for male and female or at the very least boy and girl: junge and mädchen.

I offered a ration bar for food which she cautiously took and ate. She made a face but didn’t spit it out like most beings might. She did say something that might roughly translate to ‘tastes like dirt’ but for all I know she could have declared it to be food fit for the Creators.

I have tried to ask if she wants to leave and that I can take her back to her campsite but she doesn’t understand what my intentions are and I don’t want to scare too much. As far as I know she could kill me with a single finger.

*indistinct words*

What?

*more indistinct words*

*shocked voice*

By the Creators, she recognizes Aurebesh!

*a slight pause*

I - I am not sure what I should be feeling or thinking.

While she does recognize Aurebesh she doesn’t know how to pronounce the words or what the words stand for. From what little I got from her she has seen at least most of the letters before and apparently they were on metal panels.

Right now she’s writing some words in Aurebesh on some flimsiplast. Right now the words appear to be mostly tied with a ship since so far she has written Deck 3 through 20, Engineering, Foreword Batteries, Kuat Drives and Bridge. The only non-ship thing she has written so far is ‘May the Force be with us’ which is interesting.

I wonder how many other words she memorized. I hope she knows more information since this will give me a time table of how at one Republic ship came to be on Tiston. It would have had to have been hundreds if not thousands of year-

*garbled words8

*clattering*

*indistinct words*

*slowly*

She wrote RSS Defender and Captain Veers. If I haven’t been reading that log I wouldn’t have given the names a second thought but at least now I know how the Ritual Bag ended up here: the ship must have crashed here and the owner captured by the Sith. I feel bad that I don’t know their name; but maybe there is another name or two she knows.

*shuffling*

Maybe I wil-

*indistinct words*

*pause*

I was adjusting my uniform jacket when she happened to look up and she got all excited when she saw my name patch. She has apparently seen my last name before.

*rustling sound*

*gasp*

She-she just wrote Lieutenant Acker and drew lines to the other words she wrote apparently connecting them.

I am going to try a few things but something tells me that I might be able to communicate with her. That translation program Daniyel send to me with the log might be a means to communicate with her. I wonder how she will react to a droid.

She mostly stares at me while I record this log. I haven’t shown her yet how it works since I’m afraid she will try to smash it in fear.

I’ll go and get the droid and upload the program.

End Log

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    A crash of cultures and Aurebesh as a link between them.

I had to remember to keep breathing while reading this!

All those revelations!

Kahara and Lady_Misty like this.
  6. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @AzureAngel2 well if you consider a 'link' to be the fact that they both know that Aurebesh is letters and words. All Linza learned from the last bit was that Acker represents a name. Hopefully here you won't be so much on the edge of your seat that you have to remember to breathe.

@Kahara

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I think I was a little too eager to try to communicate with Linza with the help of a droid. I don’t know if the file is corrupted or encoded or maybe a language drift but we can’t really communicate, not at the moment anyway.

She’s also wary of the droid but I don’t really blame her. If I didn’t know what it was I would be terrified of it. Of course, there might be a weird alien civilization out there that might worship a droid as if it was some sort of god.

*a snort of amused laughter*
    I don’t think I can imagine anyone thinking a droid was a god.

*more laughter*

*a pause*

I wonder what she’s doing way out here and where her home is. It probably is some distance away since she doesn’t seem to be too worried about leaving but she could just be hiding her fear and concern well. As far as I know on the inside she could be having a meltdown and be terrified that I will never let her go; like some villain or monster from a child’s story.

*Corporal Acker says something in a commanding tone*

*some unintelligible words*

I think she just asked me about her clothes. *a Bostan Curse* I left her clothes where I dragged her out of the lake!

Stay right there! I will get them!

*pause*

She ended up coming with me since she wanted more than just her clothes. It turns out she was camping a short distance away with an equine tied to a tree with access to grass and water.

I decided that if she is using the equine for transportation she probably lives some distance away. Could she be here trying to find out why the river suddenly had less water flowing through it?

I guess it’s a good thing that there’s a place for the equine in the dam so it’s not left out in the elements; it’s supposed to rain tonight.

Right now she’s going through her bag. It’s identical to the one I found on the other equine.

I’ll give her some privacy so she can change out of that thermal blanket.

End Log

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Day Unknown, Sixth or Seventh Month, 657 years since the Victory at the Rhine River

I can’t believe it! I am with a man that doesn’t have ANY markings! He saved me from the freezing waters of the strange lake the Wall is creating, divested me of my wet clothes and brought me into the Wall!

Gunni is going to be so disappointed when he finds out that he missed the chance to enter the Wall. Hilda will be excited to know that we were right about there being a way to enter the Wall. Akhil would be disappointed that he missed out on exploring all the rooms and trying to find out the purpose of the Wall. Durga would no doubt be trying to get more information from the man.

I think he’s from the Stars. There’s the writing on some of the walls like on the metal plates Grandfather Hrolf found in the strange structures in the Gruneinmal Desert and he got really excited when I copied the ones I know by heart. I also saw one of the words on his jacket and he was shocked when I wrote it down.

He talks a lot; at least to this strange metal device with lights on it. He does talk to me too but since we can’t understand each other it feels odd. I do talk to him too but only if I want his attention.

The more he talks the more I think I have heard his language before. It’s how the vowels and consonants sound. but I would

I think I heard his language before in the Vaults, when I was trapped in that room with the strange lights.

At least he’s trying to communicate with me and went as far to get some metal woman to try to speak to me. It She spoke to me but I only understood a few words and she didn’t seem to be able to understand me. Dahvit did something to the metal woman and she went still and slumped forward. I thought it was a he until she spoke.

Dahvit is the man’s name.

I hope we find a way to communicate so I can tell him that I need to get to the Forest of Schwarze Erinnerungen. I don’t want to think about what might happen if I don’t scatter the herbs around it.

Maybe that metal woma_________

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *a snort of amused laughter*
    I don’t think I can imagine anyone thinking a droid was a god.

*more laughter*

*a pause*

Well, Han certainly can imagine that since the Battle of Endor. :p

I hope a John Smith and Disney´s Pocahontas miracle will happen here between those two... ;)

Lady_Misty likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    AzureAngel2 Yeah, if this was three decades from RotJ instead of two hundred years David might find the Ewoks thinking 3PO was some sort of god funny.

Well Linza and David do make some progress with talking to each other. One problem with learning a language blind is the uncertainty of are you using words in the right context. When they pointed at a large rock and said something did they say 'rock' or did they say 'boulder'? When they pointed at a stream and said something did they say 'water' or did they say 'stream'?

Kahara

657 years since the Victory at the Rhine River, the next day

I am sorry that yesterday’s entry ended so abruptly. Dahvit came in to check on me and startled me in the process. I let him look at what I had written and he leafed through the pages. I know he has seen the letters before, I don’t know how I just do. Dahvit tried to ask me a few questions but like before I don’t understand a single word out of his mouth.

The rest of yesterday was spent trying to learn each other’s language. We started with Wind and a few other objects like doors, chairs and tables. I even learned what the device Dahvit talks too; I won’t attempt to write it down since I don’t think I will spell it correctly.

It seems to have more than one purpose though. It apparently stores information like a book and it somehow can hold a people’s voices! It can hold his voice, my voice and strangers’ voices!

I will admit at first I was afraid when I heard the device repeat my voice and Dahvit’s voice but now I am just curious. It even can show moving pictures! Dahvit is even using it to teach me an alphabet!

I even learned that the metal woman is something called a droid. I wrote it in their language since I don’t trust myself to try and write it out in mine. I might misspell it.

This morning he even took me for a walk around the area surrounding the Wall. The sky was red signaling that bad weather is in the future. He apparently is familiar with the Red Sky Mantra since when I said it and pointed at the sky he muttered something and we moved a little faster. Dahvit did take time to tell me what his people call trees and rocks and I returned the favor.

We spent the rest of the day singing songs and I can’t help but be reminded of the Wandering Shaman and how the two of us shared a night singing Hearth Songs and telling stories. Her accent reminds me just a little bit of Dahvit’s when he speaks in my language. If it wasn’t for the fact that she had our markings and knew so many Hearth Songs and stories I would think she was from the Stars like Dahvit is.

I think I like him even though he doesn’t have markings and doesn’t speak my language.

May Harmony guide me

Xxxxxxxxxx

Yesterday and today Linza and I worked on communicating with each other. I learned that her word for equine is ‘Pferd’; at least I hope that’s her word for an equine. It has to be since she’s referred to him as ‘Wind’ when she’s tending to him.

I took a risk and showed her this datapad and she seems to be in awe of it. Sure she was unnerved when I first showed her its ability to record speech and repeat it but she quickly got over it and I am able to use it to teach her Aurebesh. It won’t necessarily help us understand each other or give us a surefire way to communicate but it is a start and we both already know a few words in each other’s language; even if they are non-helpful words like ‘door’, ‘wall’, ‘floor’, ‘bed’, ‘chair’ and ‘sun’. But it is a start.

I took Linza out on my foot patrol to see if we could learn more words and did learn a few and I did learn that her people have a saying about red skies. ‘Red Sky at night, Mortals delight. Red Sky in the Morning, Mortals take Warning.’

We swapped a few more words and when we returned to the dam we told each other stories and sang songs; I even sang Chad Gadya to her.

The droid has been on the whole time just listening to Linza’s words and watching to see if there’s any context to her words. So far the droid believes that there was a language drift and possibly added encryptions on the language file.

I guess that means that I will be running more decryption codes on it.

End Log

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Really love the details on Linza's culture and the legends that have sprung up in the aftermath of lost contact after the War of the Stars. Cool how contact is reestablished (though she is unaware that that is what is connected to the meeting with Acker). =D=

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well Linza and David do make some progress with talking to each other. One problem with learning a language blind is the uncertainty of are you using words in the right context. When they pointed at a large rock and said something did they say 'rock' or did they say 'boulder'? When they pointed at a stream and said something did they say 'water' or did they say 'stream'?

Let me sing a text line from a Tori Amos´ song: "So you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts!" :*

Great update which much philosophy and cultural interaction.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Not all the way caught up, but I enjoyed the last installment that I read. Just so you know! :) Neat to see Linza and David interacting, since we get to see the things they do and don't know from an outsider's perspective.

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha thank you!

AzureAngel2 I try and sometimes i succeed. :)

Kahara thank you!

Sorry for the lack of an update but as most of you know I got married last week and while I tried to have this ready before the craziness of getting married happened it didn't happen.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*excitedly*

I decrypted the language file!

*whooping*

It took me two days but I finally cracked it! It was hidden in the log Daniyel sent me.

Speaking of the log I have been reading it a lot and I discovered that the owner, possibly a relative, Captain Veers and the Defender ended up on this world during the War. The Defender was badly damaged during a battle in orbit. The crew was mostly evacuated and with the help of Jedi Knight Moritz Ryker, his Padawan Corray Ly-pah and Captain Veers the writer helped ensure that the heavily damaged ship didn’t take out any friendly ships as they fell into the planet’s atmosphere.

Master Ryker managed to drag a Sith ship down with them.

They crashed in an area with green fields and trees but the heat of the atmospheric reentry, skidding along the ground and other things set them on fire.

The Log Keeper, Lieutenant Acker, talked about the frantic escape from the ship and them leaving the area on speeders. However they were captured by allies of the Sith and taken to a camp of some kind where the Sith had other prisoners.

They were in the camp for several weeks, forced to watch as the Sith and their allies tortured prisoners to death when a party of Sith and their allies arrived with about a dozen frightened children of a race neither of them recognized.

Sensing that the Sith intended to use the Force Sensitive children in the group to supplement their numbers Master Ryker sacrificed himself so Padawan Corray Ly-pah, Captain Veers and Lieutenant Acker could rescue the children and escape.

The children were going to be transported elsewhere so Master Ryker had Veers and Acker temporarily dress as Imperial soldiers and take the places of the pilots of a Juggernaut Turbo Tank. Padawan Ly-pah would be dressed as an officer and perform a Mind Trick to help them get passed anyone they needed to.

At that point the number of children was close to seventeen.

Acker was forced to leave his Ritual Bag behind since there was no where he could hide it.

They escaped with ease and slowly made their way to the Republic Base that they heard was on the planet; bypassing destroyed local villages on the way; the inhabitants either dead or hiding.

I ran the stories by Linza and she knew about the destroyed villages and told me a story of an attack on her village that happened after there were strange lights in the sky. The attackers rode mounts that floated above the ground and abducted children. She even said that a few days after the attack a large wheeled vehicle that moved on its own power passed by her village.

*pause*

She wants me to take her to a forest. She called it ‘the Forest of Black Memories’. The name alone says it’s most likely a terrible place.

She says she has to scatter herbs around it to keep the Evil inside.

I can’t help but think of the thicket that Captain Cox set on fire to purge the Darkness that was in it.

I asked her where it was since I don’t want her to be found by Ugaidi personal and she told me that she will know it when she sees it because it radiates Evil.

I told her that I encountered a thicket that radiated evil, what happened to me and Captain Cox and what we did afterwards.

Linza was surprised but she wants me to take her to the site.

I think I can ‘smuggle’ her there and let her see the site.

Could the thicket have been where the Sith and their allies tortured and murdered their victims? It has to be the same place; we found Republic Armor and identity chips belonging to Republic soldiers.

I have to plan this outing carefully.

End Log

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

657 years since the Victory at the Rhine River, two days later

Dahvit managed to get the droid to speak my language and it is amazing what he knows! He knows about the attack on the villages at the hands of Agents of Chaos eight hundred years ago and about the wheeled vehicle that passed by my village after the attack!

He said it was done by something called ‘the Sith’ and their allies. I asked why and he said they wanted to rule the galaxy.

Why would anyone want to rule the galaxy? Even if the Stars could belong to one person or one group why would anyone want the responsibility of caring for that many?

Dahvit claims that one of his Shamans and a group of his people have Cleansed the Forest of Schwarze Erinnerungen. I don’t know what to think; could it even be possible that that the Forest of Schwarze Erinnerungen could be Cleansed?

I don’t know what to say but it could be true seeing that the Shamans haven’t Sensed anything from it so maybe a strange Shaman managed to Cleanse it.

His story about his experience in it reminds me of the Shaman’s story I found while I was lost in the Vaults. How she was lured in by pleas for help, how there was no light and how she was saved by the voice of her deceased daughter.

Dahvit has promised to take me to the site but he has to get a few things ready.

I pray that this goes well and I get my answers.

May Harmony always Light the Way

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent alternating POVs recounting and reacting to the long-ago events which have become legend but are grounded in fact. I have a feeling the journey to this forest will result in revelations and discoveries.

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Speaking of the log I have been reading it a lot and I discovered that the owner, possibly a relative, Captain Veers and the Defender ended up on this world during the War. The Defender was badly damaged during a battle in orbit. The crew was mostly evacuated and with the help of Jedi Knight Moritz Ryker, his Padawan Corray Ly-pah and Captain Veers the writer helped ensure that the heavily damaged ship didn’t take out any friendly ships as they fell into the planet’s atmosphere.

Your explanations of what has happened in the past were fascinating to read.

I hope their visit in the "Schwarzwald"... ;)[face_rofl]... sorry could not help myself here... will go unnoticed by the evil that might still reside there. (And it is certainly not a typical German "Kuckucksuhr" or a person dressed in a "Tracht" singing traditional songs, because those are my personal horror visions.)

Now enough jokes from my side.

I am glad that you were able to write this update despite being freshly married. It makes me happy that your husband also leaves you time to be creative like mine always does.

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha all legends could have basis in fact. Well you will have to judge whether or not discoveries or revelations happen in this chapter.

AzureAngel2 thank you! I will admit I was tempted to name the Forest Schwarzwald instead of Schwarze Erinnerungen but I wanted to go with something a little more telling about the nature of the forest. Married life is different and seeing we're sharing living space with his family until we can get a place of our own . .. let's just say we have a room and a connecting bathroom we share with the rest of the house.

Kahara

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

657 years since the Victory at the Rhine River, the next day

I am not sure I should write down what I just experienced but it was the most profound moment I have experienced in my life so far.

Dahvit brought me to the remains of the thicket his Shaman burned to the ground on board a device that can seat two people but it FLOATS in the air and travels faster than a Pferd could in a week! If I rode it back home I could arrive in hours instead of days!

We arrived at the site under the cover of night and I could Feel remnants of something Evil it wasn’t overpowering anymore. I started to scatter the herbs I was asked to while Dahvit prayed and suddenly there were people all around us. Some were my people and others had to be from the Stars. They thanked us for releasing them from the land and slowly they vanished like the fading light of the sun.

I cried as I Felt their joy at being free of this place after so long and I wish them well in whatever is waiting them after this life ends.

The Darkness is gone from here. I will go home and find some way to explain it to the Shamans. I don’t know if they will believe me but I have to try.

Maybe Dahvit will have some ideas.

May Harmony’s Light always shine!

Xxxxxxxx

*voice awed*

I don’t think if I lived to be a thousand years old I will ever forget what I just experienced! I don’t think I could put it into words but it was beautiful!

Linza is in awe of the speeder bike; she says if she had one she could be back home in a day instead of a week. I guess when you have something in your life you sometimes take it for granted. I never thought how long it might take someone to travel from place to place before speeders were invented and the vehicles before the speeder. I can’t imagine how long it would take to walk or ride a beast of burden to some destinations. It might take months just to travel two thousand kilometers! At least you would be in shape I guess.

I can’t help but think of the History of my People. How the Gods created Order out of Chaos and created Life to help keep Order. How the Gods Instructed my Ancestors in how to Worship Them and help keep Order. How Wars were fought because Knowledge was lost and different Mystics claimed to have Knowledge or Communed with the Gods for Knowledge. How Fate and Destiny help keep Order if we are willing to allow Them to control us.

I

*hesitant pause*

I haven’t believed in Fate or Destiny in some time. I still see Livna and Moran’s limp bodies at night sometimes. It hurts to know that Livna’s not going to be there when I return home and she’s not going to get to see Chava and Ilan grow up.

I can’t see why but maybe it is my Destiny to help Linza and her people. What Ugaidi is doing here is illegal and wrong. I don’t know how to stop them since I suspect they would find a way to shut me up if I tried to speak out against them or if they thought I was going to speak out.

Maybe I can smuggle her to Coruscant in the hold of a ship and take her before the Senate with the help of Rivka and Daniyel.

*snort*

I might have better luck taking her to the Jedi Council and enlist their aid.

Actually, that’s not a bad idea: taking Linza to the Jedi Temple. My people have a good enough relationship with the Jedi Order that I could ask for an audience with the Jedi Council and at least speak with a member or the Council or another high-ranking Jedi. If the plight of Linza’s people isn’t enough to get them to listen, I don’t see why they wouldn’t though, than perhaps they would be interested in the fact that the Sith were here and might have left dangerous artifacts behind; thank you Mystic Hatch!

I will have to plan this and I most likely will have to broach the subject of smuggling Linza with someone like Captain Cox.

End Log

16. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, momentous things happend for Linza. And hmmm. Dahvit definitely has some interesting plans/ideas about next steps. [face_thinking]

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

No, this takes place in a galaxy far, far away about two hundred years before TPM. The planet Tiston/Erde takes influence from Germany and I decided to use the River Rhine for a location.

If you read some of my fics you will notice that I take real world influences for names and/or locations.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ich hab´s gemerkt! / I noticed! ;)[face_laugh]

No honest, I like the way you give already existing German names a new meaning in a galaxy far, far away.

As for the Jedi Council: I hope it will really listen and make a wise decision.

(Plus thanks for the marriage update!)

20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    DARTH_MU
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha yes he does. :)
    AzureAngel2 once again, thank you! :) We will have to wait and see.
    Kahara

657 years since the Victory at the Rhine River, two days later . . .

Dahvit wants me to go with him to another world and speak to a governing body about what happened eighty years ago and that I live on this world. I don’t understand everything but to visit another world sounds exciting!

He’s offered to take me and Wind close to my village so I can go home sooner. With how long I must have been gone that’s probably a good idea.

He’s sending me back with a device that I can contact him with and another device so I can continue to learn his language. I will have to hide them but I still have a way of contacting him and learning more of his language!

We swapped some stories about the areas we grew up and our families.

Dahvit asked me about what I believe about Destiny and Fate and I really had to think. I was raised to believe that everything happens for a Reason and that there’s no such thing as a coincidence but are those the same as a Fate or a Destiny?

It is something I will have to think about and maybe ask the Shamans.

May Harmony Light Our Way.

Twelfth Day of the Seventh Month, 657 years since the Victory at the Rhine River, two days

Dahvit gave Wind and I a ride to the edge of the forest and I rode on Wind back home. The Shamans were growing worried about me and feared that something bad had happened to me.

I told them that I had been delayed by a Wandering Shaman and a lost traveler. I am not lying since it is the truth.

I did tell them that the Forest of Schwarze Erinnerungen was burned to the ground and I told them what I experienced and they said that messengers will have to be sent to various places to see if anything similar has happened.

I haven’t said anything about Dahvit to anyone, they won’t believe me.

It is late and I need to rest for tomorrow.

The Light will Prevail!

Xxxxxxxx

I’ve been going over how I can get Linza to Coruscant and who I need to talk to in order to make her trip there as safe as possible. I paid a quick visit to the base and asked Captain Cox some questions that I presented as hypothetical in nature while helping her with her patrol. She answered them and I know that I can hide Linza in the hold but unless I set things up she won’t have a place to sleep, enough food or a place to relieve herself or clean up.

My best bet would be to at first get Linza onboard in the hold and then slip her into either my quarters or an empty room. It would be safer and all I would have to do is make sure she has food until we reach Coruscant.

Linza also would have to have a better understanding of Basic but she is quickly learning it.

I have a lot to plan for.

End Log

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

21. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks for the tag.

Well well. It sounds to me like Coroporal Acker is the "Dahvit". I think I know what is happening now.

At least Linza is learning another language. Seems to me she really took a shine to Corporal Acker and really trust him. Hm... It seems like Acker's "mission" is unsanctioned.

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and Kahara like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I know Linza's account was exciting and momentous and her upcoming journey sounds to be a great adventure.

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sentances like "May Harmony Light Our Way." or "The Light will Prevail!" give me a lot of hope. Even though the Sith complicated things once upon a time for that planet, right?

24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    DARTH_MU you're welcome, I tag anyone that replies. Yes, Corporal Acker is Dahvit/David. Yup, Linza has taken quite the shine to David and yes what he's doing isn't sanctioned by Ugaidi Industries.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha it is going to be quite the adventure! :)

AzureAngel2 the lines are supposed to bring hope and show Linza's optimism.

Kahara

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First Day of the Eighth Month, 657 years since the Victory at the Rhine River

My grasp of Basic has gotten better and I am learning Aurebesh to the point I can translate some words and phrases.

I have realized that I was spelling Dahvit’s name wrong. I think it’s spelled ‘David’, at least in my language.

We have talked a few times with him. Mostly about the outside galaxy and what our favorite things to do are.

He’s happy that I’m making progress in learning Basic, I still think it’s a strange name, and he’s making progress learning my language.

The evidence of the fighting from eight hundred years ago is mostly gone but I can see odd burns on stones in the village and on some of the foundation of the Temple Shrine. There’s even a craved bench that has an odd cut straight through it that doesn’t look it was intention and a few things in the courtyard and inside the Temple Shrine that have odd cuts that don’t appear to be in the original design or the intent of the stone worker.

I asked the Shamans about them and they didn’t seem to know and when I asked if they could be proof that the War of the Stars actually happened they said they are just stories and I shouldn’t believe in stories for children.

David says that a blaster can leave such a hole and that a lightsaber can cut through rock like it was a hot knife through butter. The thought of such a weapon is terrifying. He reassured me that only a select group of people have such weapons and they would have no reason to use them against a peaceful people.

I did find something of interest though in the Vaults and the Shamans were able to confirm that it isn’t a mistake. We are missing history and it covers close to twenty years!

I don’t understand how and neither do the Shamans. We have searched all the rooms we can in the Vaults and while we found records they don’t fill in the gap. There is no reason in other records explaining why there is a gap.

The Shamans are considering the possibility that someone destroyed those records.

Why would someone do that?

David said that they might have been trying to hide a secret or everyone in the village left to a safer place for that time period.

I will ask if perhaps the records are someplace else.

May we find answers

Xxxxxxxxx

I made some progress and I have learned some secrets that I will not speak of right now. I will say though that I shouldn’t be surprised by what I have learned.

I wish I knew more about this planet besides that the Sith, the Jedi and the Republic waged war here for a time and the inhabitances were not brought into the rest of the galaxy. I know there had to be a reason and maybe it was a good one but it doesn’t make sense!

Unless the majority of the people weren’t aware of exactly what happened and didn’t understand it and someone, somewhere decided to allow the natives to advance further before revealing to them the rest of the galaxy.

I know that there are groups out there that don’t believe in exposing ‘primitive’ races to advanced technology and I can understand it some extent. Just hearing what Linza has had to say about some of her history and actually seeing the downed ships to the South I wonder why they were left ignorant.

*recording ends*

*recording begins again*

*excited voice*

Captain Cox has informed me that she will do what she can to help me expose Ugaidi Industries as corrupt. Even falsify records.

That will come in handy with Linza.

End Log

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I start to wonder why Linza´s were left in total ignorance, too. Hopefully the veil of mystery lifts soon.

And I keep my fingers crossed that Ugaidi Industries will be exposed any time soon.

Kahara and Lady_Misty like this.