main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga [DDC 2017] Repentance: The Diary of Tristan Kenobi A/N (5.13.17)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Jan 2, 2017.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    So, I've never done DDC before and I'm a little nervous. [face_nail_biting]But, I'm pretty sure this is the only way I'll ever start, and finish, the fourth and final part of my Tristan Kenobi series. So, here goes.

This diary begins with Tristan on Malastare, approximately one year after leaving the Jedi Temple.

Reading of prior stories in the series will be helpful. They are listed below.

Will of the Force
    The Tristan Betrayal
    The Other Side of Betrayal

The character of Tristan Kenobi is a co-creation of KELIA

Hope you all enjoy.

Title: Repentance: The Diary of Tristan Kenobi

Summary: Tristan Kenobi begins recording a journal shortly after leaving the Jedi Temple.

Genre: Diary; angst, drama

Disclaimer: George Lucas created Star Wars. Star Wars, LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company.

Entry One

I suppose I should start with the basics. My name is Tristan Kenobi and I’m thirty-seven years old. I have no memories that stretch farther back than a year, and until three days ago, I considered myself ordinary.

Three days ago, everything changed. Three days ago, I won a pod race on Malastare. Three days ago, I discovered the Force. I discovered that I can use the Force.

Anakin Skywalker lied to me. The Jedi lied to me and I intend to find out why.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    Kahara and A Blind Prophet like this.
  2. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Entry Two

I look back now and I wonder why I didn’t question anything. I never asked why I couldn’t remember my childhood. I never thought to question why I was at the Jedi Temple in the first place. As I pack to leave my current life behind and retrace my steps in search of my past, I’m asking myself all the questions I never did.

Where was I born?

What happened to my parents, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi?

I knew their names, but nothing else.

Why was I sent away?

Why had I been there in the first place?

Did Anakin Skywalker know more than he told me?

The air taxi ride to the spaceport was short but the lines to secure passage to Coruscant were not. Pod racing was lucrative but travel prices were insane. Fortunately, I could afford a nicer transport wherein I would have my own cabin.

My thoughts are running ten parsecs a minute. I can’t quiet my mind. I’d spent a lot of the night downloading any bit of information I could find on myself and Anakin Skywalker to my datapad. Now that I’m settled for the journey to Coruscant, I think I’ll take a better look at what I have.

I think keeping this diary may help me sort out my thoughts and feelings as I move forward in my quest to discover…well, myself.

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh wow, poor Tristan. That would be so hard to know so little about yourself! To not only know nothing about a time when you were very little, but to not even know anything other than the past year would be terrifying.

This line really intrigued me! I want to know why he was lied to as well!

I look forward to reading more of Tristan's Diary!

4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks mavjade for reading.

Entry Three

I was going cross-eyed by the time I’d finished reading about Anakin Skywalker. There were volumes of information. He was a Jedi Master. He was a war hero. He was a husband and father and a grandfather. He was an accomplished negotiator. He was adored by the media. Blah, blah, blah. None of it told me who he was, just a lot about what he was. Not the information I wanted. Not the information I needed to begin putting my puzzle together.

I was so frustrated that late one night I took a walk around the transport and was almost back to my room when I ran into a man named Jarek Rholar. He was slightly taller than me and certainly had more gray hair than me. I excused myself and was about to step around him when he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

Things got interesting when he called me by my name.

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  5. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    Definitely an interesting way to do the next story. :) Nice look so far into Tristan's thoughts as he tries to piece together his life. I wonder if Rholar, who if I remember correctly was the Coruscant Security officer who questioned Tristan about his uncle's murder in The Tristan Betrayal, will simply spill the beans to Tristan or not. [face_thinking] Looking forward to more.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    So true! We can read about what people are and get ideas of who they were, but it's hard to really know that without knowing the person.

Hmm... So Jarek knows him. Maybe he can help answer some questions.

Nice update!

7. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Oh, I didn't know you'd decided to continue Tristan's story!=D= Awesome way to go forward.

8. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    You've sparked my interest, and I'll probably have to go back and read some of your older work now. I'm looking forward to find out where this is going.

Also, how could I ignore this given that it's got my real name in it. >_<

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  9. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    interesting start, please let me know when there's an update :)

10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Author Note

Well, to everyone who is still interested in this story, it will be continued soon. I've been working on other projects as well as renewing my teaching credentials, so RL has weighed heavy the last few months. Hopefully soon I will post the next chapter.

huge thanks to everyone who continues to read!!:)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  11. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hope all is well, was wondering if there was an update in the works? :) #keepingthefaith

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'll definitely keep a look out for updates here. [face_batting]