main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Dead Board

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by YoungJedi11, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    So.....let's say, "hypothetically" that "someone" had not seen/read the first movies/books. Would that "someone" be able to understand anything that was going on?

2. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Nah, probably not nearly well enough. You would have a lot of pretty sets and locations to look at, though.

3. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, I'd definitely suggest watching the first two before seeing the third one.

4. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    The third one ruled, but it wasn't very Harry Potter-y.

5. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    What do you mean by "Harry Potter-y"?

6. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    I dunno, I thought it was the most Harry Potter-y of the films so far.

(Hi everyone! :))

7. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Welcome back, Reka!! :D

8. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Réka! Our PA member!!!

Other thoughts...."The Terminal" is a very good movie. :~)

9. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    The JC is incredibly slow via dialup. They need to do some serious streamlining.

Like my sister is fond of saying, web designers need to be forced to view their creations solely via a sucky dialup connection. That'd get rid of the gratuitous flash and huge-ass images in a jiffy.

10. darkknight_152002

darkknight_152002 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Like my sister is fond of saying, web designers need to be forced to view their creations solely via a sucky dialup connection. That'd get rid of the gratuitous flash and huge-ass images in a jiffy.

I use DSL, and I hate Flash animation sites. I think it's annoying having to navigate solely within some animation, not a 'normal' page design.

The JC is incredibly slow via dialup. They need to do some serious streamlining.

I've come onto TFn on Christmas day using dialup, and it wasn't too bad. Then again, it was Christmas and I was at my grandmother's house in Bakersfield so the connection wasn't bad.

I've spent last week at the Vista del Mar psychiatric hospital in Ventura for my depression. The night I went there was pretty bad for me and I was willing to go when my parents offered to take me there. I have a new psychiatrist and meds as well as a therapist. The week I spent there was rather nice, and I made some new friends too.

11. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Hahahaha! I was at Vista last December. Man, the stories I could tell you...

12. darkknight_152002

Nov 2, 2003
    Hahahaha! I was at Vista last December. Man, the stories I could tell you...

I made some friends there and I'm keeping contact with them. I've spoken with three of them since I left a week ago. Being there was pretty nice, and I could tell some stories too... [face_laugh]

(Oh, I was in room 107, do you remember your room number? Seeing that you're sixteen, you would have been in the adolescent ward like I was...)

13. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Hmmm. That's something I don't remember. I know I was on the right side of the hallway, if you're facing the door at the far end. I was across from the girl's double room, I know that.

The food was good...

14. darkknight_152002

Nov 2, 2003
    My room was on the left from that end, and my roommate was a neo-Fascist. When I say neo-Facsist, I mean he is an open neo-Nazi. Being a neo-hippie type, it was an odd pairing, but we got along very well. We would have conversations lasting into the night with some good laughs, of course.

Oh yeah, the food was good. :D I liked ordering my meal and having it delivered to me in the Lounge room. I usually sat in the corner table next to the bookshelf and I'd be reading if I wasn't occupied with conversation. I often ordered the specials althought I often ordered from the items too. The chef salad with turkey and a cheese pizza was one of my favourites.

15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Fresh Choice Coupons

:~D

Oh, and those of you in Camarillo...I cut out a bunch of Souplantation ones for y'all from the last several weeks' papers if you'd like them!

16. darkknight_152002

Nov 2, 2003
    Mmmm, Fresh Choice. =P~ Their clam chowder is good. :D

I go to the one in Ventura...yum!

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Me too, darkknight. :~)

Maybe we've gone at the same time! We'd never know...

18. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Going to Camarillo tomorrow (Tuesday) to return some stuff...anyone want to meet for lunch?

19. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Oops, I didn't see this post until today. I had school though so I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Stupid school.

20. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    It's ok! :~) We caught YJ for about 20 minutes.

and....just for fun....

[image=http://gentlebant.com/images/noahdiaper1.jpg]

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Star Wars Galactic Trivia calendar question #1 (for Jan 1 and 2)

Skill Level: Jedi Apprentice

Whose face did Luke see inside Darth Vader's mask during his dark side vision on Dagobah?

(and two nose tweaks if you miss this one :D )

22. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I got that calendar too... I can't seem to find the wall calendars anywhere though.

23. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    They used to have a bunch at the Ventura Mall, but that was a couple weeks ago.

Next question, just, well, because...

Skill level: Jedi Master
    Of the following actors, who was not considered for the role of Han Solo?
    A) Tom Selleck
    B) Burt Reynolds
    C) Christopher Walken
    D) Nick Nolte

24. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    I would have guessed Nick Nolte, but turns out that's incorrect: a quick Google search reveals that Tom Selleck was the one not considered for the role.

(Hi everyone!)

25. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Réka! /hugs

Thanks so much for your Christmas package to us all. I'll be writing you shortly. :~)

Missing you much! It's soggy out here...are you snowed on out there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.