main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dead guy's spirit effect

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Camo_Di_Mass, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camo_Di_Mass

Camo_Di_Mass Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    Hi , I'm thinking about my first movie and I'd like my main character to die in the end by commiting a suicide.

To make it look cooler I'd like to have his spirit stand up and go to heaven while the body would be still laying on the floor just like in new Gus Van Sant movie "Last Days" .

Do you know how can achieve such an effect with After Effects or Premiere ? Thanks .

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I'd film the "spirit" on a chroma background and then simply layer it over the footage of your talent on the floor. :) You could shoot the footage of the real person first then use blue/green fabric (or another material) as a background for the spirit's actions. That way matching the lighting and angle shouldn't be much of a problem and you don't have to find a new location for the effect.

Hope that helps!

3. D_Alexander

D_Alexander Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    I don't think you'll go to heaven after commiting suicide. :~/

4. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Depends if you're Catholic or Muslim.

Besides, after watching "The Last Samurai"...

5. RyiokuXL

RyiokuXL Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Noone ever helps kill themselves, even if its needed.

6. bko376

bko376 Jedi Knight star 2

May 23, 2005
    I've done this before. I just layed on the floor for a while, then got up and walked out. Then I took 30 secs of me laying perfectly still, and put the 30 secs of me walking out over top of it at 50% opacity. If you want the body to be 100%, just mask that part out of the spirit layer.

7. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Good point - that would work as well. :)

8. Neothehacker

Neothehacker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2004
    You could put a weird transfer mode on. That would look quite cool. Or, if you were to do it on bluescreen, you could tint the guy blue or red, then also kind of warp him in places, or make the legs fade off or someth9ing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.