main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dead Jedi Order -- Part 21 on 1.8.2004 -- AU during/after NJO -- Final Chapter Now Posted!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KnightHawk, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Time Period: Between Dark Tide I and Dark Tide II.
    Format: Alternate universe, defnintely angst, prospective J/K and J/D. (Don't expect the second one to last very long.)

Updated List of Characters:
    Luke Skywalker (KIA) -- Jedi Master
    Mara Jade-Skywalker -- Jedi Master
    Han Solo -- Captain, Millenium Falcon
    Leia Organa-Solo -- Chief of State, New Republic
    Jaina Solo -- Jedi Knight, X-Wing Pilot
    Jacen Solo -- Jedi Knight
    Anakin Solo -- Jedi Knight
    Kyp Durron -- Jedi Master, X-Wing Pilot
    Danni Quee -- Scientist
    Sora Charem (Original Character) -- New Republic Senator (Permission granted by thecleric007.)
    Tsarnoq Nichar (Original Character) -- Yuuzhan Vong Commander
    Lance Soltaris (Original Character) -- Jedi Master, XJ3 X-Wing Pilot
    Reana Soltaris (Original Character) -- New Republic Senator (Permission granted by Mirax-Jade.)
    Trista Soltaris (Original Character) -- Newborn (Permission granted by Mirax-Jade.)

Another updated list will appear later, when the sequel is posted.

Disclaimer: I own nothing in any of this, but there are times when I wish I did. Many thanks to the man in the flannel for setting up the galaxy-wide sandbox.

[color=blue]I sit here in my office a sad and broken shell. The sunlight floods into the room, cascading its warm, beautiful light on everything in sight. It even reflects off my tears, tears that sting my eyes and blur my vision, tears that show the wounds of my soul. In a fit of anger I throw my paperwork clear across my office, easily breaking the datapad that held my report to the Senate. It doesn't matter to me now, anyway; nothing does, now that my love is gone.

I continue crying for a few more minutes, trying to let the pain leak out of me. It doesn't work, and it probably never will. Dejected, I leave my office and go up to the nearest balcony. Every so often, people nod respectfully as they pass me by in the hallways. I nod back at them, faing a smile and doing it all just out of courtesy. I try to make it look like I'm handling it well, but inside I'm crumbling and everyone knows it.

I finally get to the courtyard, and there are new tears on my face as I look at the memorial that has been raised. My soul cries out in agony as I read the names, and my eyes fill with even more tears as the newest one comes into view. I force myself to read the entry, to try and bring closure to the pain, but I know that in so doing, I will cause myself more pain than I can imagine. I wipe the tears from my eyes, and the reddened, puffy, blood-shot orbs focus on what's been etched in. It reads as follows:

[b]Skywalker, Luke
    44 years old
    Jedi Master
    Slain by the Yuuzhan Vong[/b]

As I close my eyes and cry some more, the horrible pain continues to grow. I whisper a soft good-bye to my husband and slowly trudge up to my room. The tears flow endlessly now, but I don't care. I, Mara Jade-Skywalker, Woman of Steel, am broken and defeated.[/color]
    [hr]
    Any comments are more than welcome.

2. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    It's soooo sad, but I love it anyway. Great job my betawan. You truly have a talent with viggies.

Fireyforce

3. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Fireyforce: And I originally thought my skill was in the annoying long ones. Oh well...

Thanks for the review. Hopefully more people read this one.

4. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

Neh... hnnn.... eemmm... hhhhh.... :eek: :_| [face_shocked] :_| :eek: :_| [face_shocked] :_| :eek: :_| [face_shocked] :_| :eek: :_| [face_shocked] :_| :eek: :_| [face_shocked] :_|

That was wonderful. And sad. And.. And... It was just so damn good!!! *BAWLS*

*scrambles to find more *

POOR MARA!!!

HOW DARE YOU HURT MARA!!!

*doesn't care about Luke*

MARA!!!!

5. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Agent_Jaid: I don't believe I've ever seen anyone use more faces in one sentence. Sorry to have hurt your friend Mara in there.

(Notices the general apathy towards Luke, and snickers.)

Thanks for the compliment. :)

6. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Aw...that was so sad. I was like, "OMG! He made MARA CRY!!!!!!"

:( :( [face_shoked]

Good Story though. :)

7. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Mirax-Jade: If you think I was evil making Mara cry, just wait until the next installment. [face_devil]

8. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Notes on the flashback:
    Green text indicates parts from Onslaught, modified to work in first-person.
    Red text is part of the AU.

I sit here in my room, back on Coruscant, the images of that horrible day floating through my mind. None of it seems to make sense anymore, and the pain just gets worse with each passing moment. I never thought that there could have been a worse pain than what my little brother went through, but now I know there is, and I feel it now. Each second of memory brings back the pain with an even sharper sting.

[blockquote][color=green]I could feel a sense of urgency in him as he leaned on me, trying to stay up as we walked over to the ship. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Did they hurt you?"

His chest was heaving as if it was about to explode. "No, Jacen, it's just that..."[/color] [color=red]He never got to finish that remark. A Yuuzhan Vong warrior had somehow crept up behind us, and attacked Luke while he was talking to me. He shoved me away from him as hard as he could, with no chance to save himself. He fell forward, blood pouring from the hole that had been gouged in his chest.

The warrior ripped the amphistaff out of the hole it had made, reveling in the kill. In that instant, I lost control of myself. The savage warrior turned to face me, and I pulled ignited my lightsaber, charging forward with a fierce battle cry. My rage grew with each passing second, and at the same time my strength also grew as I fought the beast who had slain my uncle. Every slash I made resulted in the beast backpedaling a step, until after a few minutes he was against the wall of the cave.

Right then, I didn't care what happened, as long as I killed him. I struck vehemently at his weapon, hearing the creature cry out in pain with each successive hit. Eventually, my lightsaber's green blade cut through the amphistaff, severing it clear through the middle. I then brought the blade up to the warrior's throat, holding it so close that he would have burned his skin if he tried to breathe too deeply.

I held it there for only a second, to let him know that I had beaten him, and then I slammed the blade into his throat and let it sit there, burning his spine and killing him.

As soon as the body of the dead warrior falls to the floor, I hear my uncle calling me. I cry out his name as I run to his side, extinguishing the lightsaber's blade. Tears form in my eyes and both pain and sorrow grip my heart as I look at him. I'm surprised he is alive right now.

"Jacen..." His voice is terribly weak, almost unrecognizeable, and my grief is multiplied. "I need... you... to... go... to... Dantooine." With that, he dies, and his clothes collapse to the ground as his body disappears and he becomes one with the Force.

My head hangs in shame as I walk over to the ship. Artoo asks me where Luke is, but I can't tell him. I can't even tell myself, and I saw it! After a few minutes, though, I build up the courage to say four short words, knowing he'll get their meaning. "One with the Force," I mutter, my tone hushed and saddened.

The [i]Courage[/i] lifts off, and I set its course for Dantooine, sadness gripping me. During the light-speed run to Dantooine, I try and take a short nap to regain some of my strength, but I cannot sleep. The sadness wreaks havoc on my soul, forcing me awake every second so I may suffer it.[/color][/blockquote]

I sit in my room now, staring out the window now. The traffic still rushes by, as if none of them have heard of the death of Luke Skywalker. All of a sudden, a new tear rolls down my cheek, brushing over the scar that I've had since Luke pulled the coral seed out of me. I stand there, letting it flow, but for myself instead of my uncle. I am afraid for myself, because I not only killed that warrior out of revenge, but I loved killing him.

9. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Up... Reviews, anyone?

10. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    :eek: :mad: [face_plain] :( :_|

Poor Lukie!

Poor Mara!

Poor Jacen!

:_| x 619

11. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    JediMasterKobe: Ummm.... Sorry 'bout that. (Counts a total of 620 crying faces.) *Well, I'll be farkled.* Sadness isn't finished spreading yet, though.

12. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    Oh the angst of it all. Very good Hawk, very good. Can't wait for the next installment.

Fireyforce

13. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    [face_shocked] And you say I'm dark... wow. Amazing. Very sad indeed

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Fireyforce: It'll be saddening indeed, from a certain POV. And you'll find out who it covers when I go to send you the beta information. [face_devil]

Elfsheen: Yes, I did say you were dark, in regards to your story about the 'Dark One'. I guess I took the crown away, huh? ;)

15. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Well... I can always take it back [face_mischief]

16. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    With what I have in store, I'll be holding on to this for a while... (Mutters something involving Jaina, Kyp, and 'Darth' Jacen.) [face_devil]

17. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Don't you dare make Jacen dark... 8-} But he's well on his way, isn't he?

18. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Quote:

I stand there, letting it flow, but for myself instead of my uncle. I am afraid for myself, because I not only killed that warrior out of revenge, but I loved killing him.

He's on his way, alrighty.

19. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    Can't wait for the beta info.

Fireyforce

20. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    You'll get it as soon as I can link Kyp to the Sun Crusher to Luke. I wish I had read that book... Would have helped me a lot here!

21. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
  22. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Bleh...bleh!

NOOO! So sad! You make me SAD!!

Good postie! :)

23. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Mirax-Jade: Thanks for the review. I intend to make the next post(s) very gloomy. More practice at making people sad.

(Mutters something about needing to put a J/K sign up there soon...) [face_devil]

24. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    J/K?????? That should be interesting.

25. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Fireyforce: I was hoping someone would say that. When I get the multi-part post up, I shall let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.