main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dead Jedi Order -- Part 21 on 1.8.2004 -- AU during/after NJO -- Final Chapter Now Posted!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KnightHawk, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Dun Dun DUNN!

I'm still angry at Jacen for stealing MY ship. *scoff*

But Danni's preggie...

buahahah...

Good postie!

2. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie! Jaina's pregnant... :D But so's Danni...

~~Jilly

3. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Oh wow, you just keep writing great stuff, with such great juxtapositions in emotions.

Can't wait till the next post! :D

4. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Earwen-Ancalime: Oh wow! I loved this. Sensing her twin through the force, but not.

As for Kyp's assignment... to get the ship back... could cause problems...

[face_anxious4moreGreatPosts]

Well, more are on the way, of course. :) And... you guessed wisely. His assignment does involve the SSD.

[b]Jedi_padawan_leigh[/b]: [i]wow...umm..just WOW!

I read through all of this and its brilliant Knighthawk! Your a very talented writer! I dunno how I didnt find this sooner! Like the RPG tie in too hehe! :)[/i]

Thanks for the compliments. [face_blush] As for the tie-in... The two are almost like companion stories.
    [hr]
    [b]Tahi[/b]: [i]LOL - Somebody didn't have the "don't forget your parachute" talk with Jacen! ;) I wonder how long it will take Jaina to figure it out.

Ah, dear old Kyp. Bless him.

He kills someone in his family. I doubt he'll be returning. Yep - that would tend to put a cat amongst the pigeons. I hope it's not Anakin he kills!!!!! Uh-oh, maybe I shouldn't have said that. [starts making spells to preserve her favourite from his wicked bro' ][/i]

He wouldn't have remembered that thing anyway. He had at least 10 or 12 shots of Whyren's Reserve, triple-strength, floating around in his system. By all rights, he should have been in a coma. By this time, Jaina already knows full well about it; the odd sense clued her in. She just won't mention it to Danni, at all.

Jacen will not kill Anakin. Sad to say, I have to spoil a bit of the end of my story here. [hl=black][color=black]Jacen kills Jaina.[/color][/hl]
    [hr]
    [b]Danni_Quee_Solo[/b]: [i]Yeah for Jaina and Danni!
    Kyp and Jaina...I no someone who wouldn't like this [u]one[/u] bit.
    But o well! ;)[/i]

Really? Who would that be? (Arms dual lightsabers and dual amphistaves.) ]:)
    [hr]
    [b]Mirax-Jade[/b]: [i]Dun Dun DUNN!

I'm still angry at Jacen for stealing MY ship. *scoff*

But Danni's preggie...

buahahah...

Good postie![/i]

You say it like it's a bad thing. That kid might be helpful in the sequel to this story. (And that reminds me of something I'll be leaving at the end of this post.)
    [hr]
    [b]JainaDurron[/b]: [i]Great postie! Jaina's pregnant... But so's Danni...[/i]

For Jaina's child, I'll just leave you a line from "Macbeth".

[i][b]Macduff.[/b] Despair ty charm, and let the angel whom thou still hast served tell thee, Macduff was from his mother's womb untimely ripped.[/i]
    [hr]
    [b]PulsarSkate[/b]: [i]Oh wow, you just keep writing great stuff, with such great juxtapositions in emotions.

Can't wait till the next post![/i]

Emotions are my specialty, especially the gloomy/angsty ones. ]:)
    [hr]

[b]Author's Note[/b]: As mentioned earlier, I intend to write up a sequel to this story. However, that story will be comprised of solely original characters, due to the amount of time that will pass between the two tales. As such, I am leaving a character profile sheet at the end of this post. For those of you who have read/reviewed this story... If you wish to be directly involved in the sequel, simply fill out the form that follows. :)

[b]Name:
    Species:
    Homeworld:
    Physical Description:
    Affiliation:
    Department:
    Force-Sensitivity: (Y/N)
    Force Rank:
    Force Powers: (List 5, on a scale of 1-3.)
    Weapons:
    Vehicle:
    Brief History:[/b]

5. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Part 16

I have a bad feeling about this assignment. I really do. I mean, it's a frikkin' SSD, and my squadron is the only group of ships going after it. Has Starfighter Command gone crazy or something, or is it just 'Bother the Hell out of Kyp Day'? Well, whatever it is, it better stop, and fast.

The second we came out of hyperdrive, my bad feeling got worse. The SSD was attacking - no, [i]devastating[/i] - three Vong worldships simultaneously. "Durron to Rhysode. Ganner, who do you think is in control of that cruiser?" My voice is filled with dread, much to my surprise and dismay.

Ganner's response carries a very dark tone with it. "Check in the Force, Kyp. But be warned: you won't be expecting what you find."

I do as he suggests, and find out he's right: I wasn't expecting this. [i]Jacen? What in the Hell has gotten into his head now?[/i]

I don't get any time to speculate on that, because some of the starfighters in that ship have turned to attack us. My scanner reveals what they are before they even have their lasers charged, and I suddenly feel like running for the hills: TIE Defenders and TIE Phantoms. The sensors light up another time, and this time a bloody red. I read the new warning, and a sense of horror spreads across my face. The V-38 fighters have modified cloaking technology; they can fire while cloaked!

My right hand slaps the comm switch so hard that I think I might have cut my palm open. "All units, abort! The ghosts can fire when cloaked! We're no match for them! REPEAT, WE HAVE TO ABORT!!" The double-clicks come in fast, and we're all racing for the hyperspace coordinates by the time the enemy ships are in range. The Defenders open fire, but there's no sign of the Phantoms anywhere. That bad feeling I had... It's growing exponentially. All of a sudden, I see green bolts coming from the blackness of space, bounding hard off of one of the B-Wings in the squadron. The pilot didn't even have time to scream before he died.

Unfortunately, there's no time yet to mourn our fallen comrade. Instead, we push as hard as we can to make it to the exit point. We lose two more, but finally make it there, and leave the doomed mission far behind.

Or at least, the others do. For some reason, my fighter doesn't move. Suddenly, I see a blue light around the canopy. [i]Tractor beam! Can this day get any worse?[/i] Ion blasts start to pelt my ship. [i]Me and my big trap!![/i]

Within minutes, I'm hauled into the cruiser, fear and panic boiling in my veins. I want to break through the transparisteel in front of me, and practically dive through the stars to get out of here. I think I'd even skip the life support gear, to get off this blasted lump of steel all the faster. Unfortunately, my chances are gone even before I imagine them. Jacen's in the hangar, waiting for me.

He looks horribly different. First off, and most noticeable, he's wearing entirely black clothing. It looks sort of like Darth Vader's old armor, but without the helmet or the control pad. Second, his lightsaber is red now, as are his eyes.

He's frighteningly quick to rip my ship open and pull me out of, almost impaling me on his saber before I can even regain a proper footing after the rough ride. He stops just short of making contact between myself and his blade, and launches a powerful swing meant to clip my head off. I backpedal, bringing my own lightsaber into the fight. We go on like this for a few minutes before he manages to put a sizeable scar on my chest. In a groan of pain, I fall to the floor of the hangar.

His blood-red eyes show nothing but hatred and contempt. "You're not worth the energy it would take to finish you off," he says after a few seconds of slient disgust. His voice is full of cold, bitter hatred, as if it now owns his very being. I feel sorry for him, in a way. There could have been other ways to deal with his pain.

He picks me up with the Force, throwing me against the canopy of my X-Wing. After that, he leaves, and I quickly take the time t

6. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    *bites fingernails to nothingness*

ACK!

That was good. I was thinking you'd be evil again, and kill Kyp, but I'm sure you have more eviler plans than that.

And since I'm already directly a part of this one, I don't need to do that little character sheet right? (And if I do, go check out HoD's front page!) ;)

((And look at the nauseatingly pretty colours!))

EDIT:
    Name: Trista Soltaris
    Species: human
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Physical Description: green eyes, black hair, fair complexion.
    Affiliation: Republic/Jedi
    Department: Jedi
    Force-Sensitivity: Yep
    Force Rank: Knight
    Force Powers:
    Physical Ability Enhancements (2)
    Object Manipulations (3)
    Lightning (2)
    Lightsaber Throw (2)
    Heal Self/Another (3)
    Weapons: 2 Lightsabers, vibroblade, blaster
    Vehicle: land speeder for Coruscant, X-wing for off planet flying (taking after Daddy's love to fly...and get in trouble...)
    Brief History: Trista is the daughter of Lance and Reana Soltaris. She faced more trauma the first week of her life then most people. While in the womb, her father was taken captive, and she felt the deaths of his best friend, and Luke Skywalker. Then after she was born, Mara Jade commited suicide, resulting in Trista feeling death once more. She grew up and has been quiet most of her life, a good teenager, never causing her parents shame, and was trained by her father in the art of the Force. She also received diplomatic training from her mother, though she hopes she never needs to use it.

7. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Hooray! Another intruiging post! :D I'm really looking forward to the next one!!

Hmm, would it be alright if I entered my character for the sequel? You don't have to use her, but I thought I'd put her in there anyway.

Name: Dinn Tsalisz
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Physical Description: Shoulder length Black hair, brown eyes, average height.
    Affiliation: New Republic
    Force-Sensitivity: Y
    Force Rank: Not known
    Force Powers:
    Reflexes - 1
    Visions - 1
    Healing - 1
    Weapons: Siletto blade, blasters
    Vehicle: The Sharp Horizon, modified Skipray Blastboat

Brief History: Grew up with her family on Corellia, but was sent to Coruscant to be educated in diplomacy. Waking in terror one night after having what she now knows is a vision, she look out of her room to find her transport being hijacked by pirates. She stowed away on the attacking ship during the fighting. Once discovered, she joined the group called The Star Stealers. Seven years later, after another vision, Dinn left the group to try her luck with the New Republic and found herself flying ships on diplomatic missions to hostile areas.

Personality: She's pretty laidback and even tempered. Sh has no respect for authority unless they've earned it, but she is an excelelnt pilot so she gets away with some insubordination. Takes risks with her own life, but is very protective of her ship. Very talkative, doesn't believe in secrets. In awe of the Jedi, and becomes shy and quite around them, has no idea she has any force ability at all.

Eh, not a very good description, but it's the best I can do.

8. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    *Sobs when reading the spoiler*

9. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    This is great!!! *claps* Another wonderful post. I am loving this story Jeff! Keep it up!

Name: Ëarwen (maiden name: Ancalimé) Lightrider
    Species: Telerinossë
    Homeworld: Melmeolalaith
    Physical Description: Humanoid with elven characteristics, fiery red hair, hazel brown eyes, 5'9"
    Affiliation: New Republic
    Department: Intelligence
    Force-Sensitivity: (Y/N) Yes, highly sensitive
    Force Rank: Jedi Knight
    Force Powers:
    Object Manipulations - 2
    Lightsaber - 3
    Reflexes - 3
    Visions - 3
    Healing - 2
    Weapons: Blue lightsaber with green core, blaster, amphistaff
    Vehicle: Unclassified ship unique to Melmeolalaith or XJ-wing
    Brief History: Hides status as Aranel (princess) Earwen, wife of Skye Lightrider, if you need more PM me.

Also, I have a Sith character in the works if you are in need of a vilian.

10. Danni_Quee_Solo

Danni_Quee_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    Poor Jaina! Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Danni_Quee_Solo

Oct 17, 2003
    heres my character hope you like. Her personality is kind of like mine. *giggle* not very good.

Name: Chase Henderson
    Species: human
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Physical Description: red head, green eyes, nice complexion; very pretty
    Affiliation: Jedi
    Department: Jedi
    Force-Sensitivity: (Y/N) Yes
    Force Rank: knight
    Force Powers: (List 5, on a scale of 1-3.)
    Lightning-2
    Object Manipulations - 2
    Lightsaber-3
    Healing-2
    Visions-2
    Weapons: 2 Lightsaber, blaster
    Vehicle: land speeder, x-wing
    Brief History: Chase grew up as a rich, spoiled girl with not a care in the world. At age 13 her parents were killed in a bombing. Went to live with poor Aunt. Ran away to Yavin 4. Started Jedi training. Returned to Coruscant. Became full Jedi knight at age 16.
    Personality: ditz, fast tempered, very loud, gossiper, wishes to be
    self sufficient (impossible), thinks only about herself

12. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Mirax-Jade: *bites fingernails to nothingness*

ACK!

That was good. I was thinking you'd be evil again, and kill Kyp, but I'm sure you have more eviler plans than that.

I do, naturally.

[b]PulasrSkate[/b]: [i]Hooray! Another intruiging post! :D I'm really looking forward to the next one!![/i]

It comes this evening, as a gift from a man who cannot possibly exist -- Santa. (I won't bother explaining how he can't exist; all I can say is his journey would kill him in just over .00425 seconds.)
    [hr]
    [b]JainaDurron[/b]: [i]*Sobs when reading the spoiler*[/i]

I'm supposed to be evil, miss. It's my job. As for Jaina... Fate makes her claim. The child will come *after* she dies.
    [hr]
    [b]Earwen-Ancalime[/b]: [i]This is great!!! *claps* Another wonderful post. I am loving this story Jeff! Keep it up![/i]

Thanks, Cindy-Lou Who. ;) I'll have another soon.
    [hr]
    [b]Danni_Quee_Solo[/b]: [i]Poor Jaina! Why!!!!!!!!!!!!![/i]

Fate demands a sacrifice... I must obey her command.

13. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Part 17... (Jaina's POV, for those who want to know early.)

I'm standing here on this chilling starpad with line upon line of worry written across my face. Ganner's call came in a few minutes ago, and a giant ball of dread formed in my stomach when he said that Kyp had blacked out during the return trip. I desparately hope he's okay; I don't want to be left alone to raise our child.

I'm surprised that I can restrain myself as I see his X-J Wing coming in for a landing. The Force is blatantly telling me that Kyp is still out of it, and is giving me the biggest sensation of pain that I've ever felt in another person, ever. Like a crazed maniac, I run over to the ship as soon as it lands, arriving just before the medics get there. They try to usher me away, worried that I won't be able to handle what I'm about to see; I stand firm near the ship in response to their suggestions. Reluctantly, they open the ship's canopy, and carefully drag Kyp out of the cockpit.

When I finally see him out of his ship, my mouth falls open in gaping shock. He has a very long burn mark on his chest, the horrible blackened scar the trademark of a lightsaber. His eyes are sealed shut in a mixed expression of pain and anger, but there are noticeable bruises near them. I even see a cut on his chin, nearly finished closing.

I follow the medics into the building, but they deny me access to the Emergency Room. I feel ready to cry my eyes out, and as soon as I sit down in the nearby waiting room, I do just that. There are no words that can describe my grief about this, and likewise none to explain my shock or rename my anger. I can't believe it, and don't want to, but all the information I've seen tells me that my twin brother is behind this. Inside, I feel like I've been chewed up, spit out, and otherwise savagely beaten. My brother betrayed us... I don't think I can forgive him for this. I only hope my husband pulls through.
    [hr]

Enjoy. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year! :D

14. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    This is such a great post. Poor Kyp and Jaina. :(

~~Jilly

15. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Oh the agony! :_|

*secretly smiles evilly*

[face_devil]

I love it!

16. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Oh so sad...Poor Jaya and Kyppie... :(

But great post! Merry Christmas, Jeff!

17. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    JainaDurron: This is such a great post. Poor Kyp and Jaina. :(

If you think that's bad, the next two posts will kill you. (Literally.)

[b]PulsarSkate[/b]: [i]Oh the agony! [face_cry]

*secretly smiles evilly*

]:)

I love it![/i]

False sadness followed by evil humor... A woman after my own heart. :D ]:) Death scenes coming up. MUAHAHAHAHA
    [hr]
    [b]Mirax-Jade[/b]: [i]Oh so sad...Poor Jaya and Kyppie... :(

But great post! Merry Christmas, Jeff![/i]

Happy Holidays, M-J! :D

18. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    And so the pain begins.

Part 18

[color=blue]In all my years I have never felt anything like that before. It's been five months since my surprise bout with Jacen, and the sting is still there. Not only that, but at times it feels like it's still fresh.

What hurt me more, though, was seeing the hurt look in Jaina's eyes and on her face when she found out what had happened to her brother. I didn't think she'd stop crying at all.

On the plus side, I was overjoyed to learn that she's pregnant. This could be very fun; yes, very --- Or maybe not. I just remembered the experiences of many friends of mine, and they don't point to that much fun. I'll just have to force myself to enjoy it.

Presently, the ship's out policing the site of my battle with Jacen. I can't believe that was him. I refuse to do so; he'd never do anything like this. Of course, I had my doubts about coming here. Jaina personally requested to go down there and examine the area, even though she's 8 months along. I couldn't talk her out of it, so I made sure that some medical technicians went down with her. I hope she comes back okay.

I walk over to the microwave in the cruiser's galley and prepare a cup of caf when something hits me. I don't like it one bit, and I want to believe that it isn't real; Jacen's down there, attacking Jaina. In a panic, I run through the doors of the galley, fear manifesting itself in every step I take. I don't even hear the shouts of the galley janitor as the filled mug shatters, or the other people I almost knock over on my sprint through the halls. My mind is on getting down to the surface, quickly.

I finally make it to the hangar, this dark sense in my mind banging at my skull like a battering ram. I can't help but think that she might not survive this fight, and this thought rips at my soul and tears it into pieces. In a mad dash, I hop into my X-J and streak down to the surface of the planet, nearly crashing into one of the bulkheads in my frenzied worry. Two shuttles are coming up from the planet, full of recon soldiers. In my pained panic, I almost clip the dorsal spine wing on one of them, and have a nasty comm message blaring in my ears.

The darkness in my thoughts lets a shout ring in my mind as I enter the planet's atmosphere. There's no way around it: Jaina's dead.[/color]

19. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Okay your evil and thats it. Stop killing the babies!! :(

But all in all, good post.

20. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Mirax-Jade: Okay your evil and that's it. Stop killing the babies!! :(

But all in all, good post.

Well... The child isn't dead. In fact, she'll still be coming out of Jaina's womb. Jaina just won't be alive to see it.

21. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    This was incredible... but.... *sobs hysterically* :_|

~~Jilly

22. Danni_Quee_Solo

Oct 17, 2003
    :_| poor Jaina! :mad: evil Jacen!

23. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    [face_devil] Ah, the beautiful dance of the twisted fates, well done Jeff!

24. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *throws a celebration*

Let all the world know - JAINA SOLO IS DEAD!!!!!

*crowd breaks out into wild cheers*

:D

Thank you SOOO much for killing Jaina!!! :D

----------------------

Name: Jaid Phyerstone

Species: Human

Homeworld:

Born - Abregado-rae
    Home - Shadows of Peace; a MSS-C-342A (space station)

Physical Description:

Eyes - cobalt with silver pupils and ebony streaks
    Hair - golden hair to the small of her back, extraordinarily thick, traditionally pulled up with Zenji needles
    Height - 5'7"

Affiliation: Shadows of Peace

Department: Council of the Elite

Force-Sensitivity: Yes

Force Rank: only trained by renegade Jedi, has developed the control of an almost-Master

Force Powers:

Mind Manipulation: 1

Lightsaber Skill: 2

Illusion: 2

Reflexes: 3

Physical Ability Enhancement: 3

Weapons: Twin white lightsabers, +30 Zenji needles, 3 blasters, 17 M6W-9 molecular stiletto blades, her body

Vehicle: Hapen Battle Dragon - "Wind of Darkness"

Brief History: Raised by her father Gallandro, she formed an assassin's guild with her two brothers when she was fourteen, and killed both of her partners before she was sixteen. Now the undisputed leader of the Shadows of Peace, she has a personal vendetta against the Jedi who had refused her training because they believed her to have no connection with the Force.

Personality: Bloody, intelligent, sarcastic/witty, implausible, and complex.

25. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    JainaDurron: This was incredible... but.... *sobs hysterically* :_|

I thought I had warned everyone about that part. Must have slipped my mind. WARNING: BEWARE THE NEXT INSTALLMENT.

[b]Danni_Quee_Solo[/b]:[i] [face_cry] poor Jaina! X-( evil Jacen![/i]

Again, was there ever any doubt that this would happen? I had to make him evil... The second post said so.
    [hr]
    [b]PulsarSkate[/b]:[i] ]:)Ah, the beautiful dance of the twisted fates, well done Jeff![/i]

And there's a little more insanity left. Stay tuned. :)
    [hr]
    [b]Agent_Jaid[/b]: I won't even go near that quote. Suffice it to say that you're getting an encore when the next chapter goes up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.