main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dead Jedi Order -- Part 21 on 1.8.2004 -- AU during/after NJO -- Final Chapter Now Posted!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KnightHawk, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    First off, Happy New Year!! :)

Secondly, this is post number 2500 for me. :)

Third, on with the show, and part 19

I dare say that I never thought I'd surprise ym sister so much, but I did it. The second she saw me, she freaked. The look of pain on her face was almost unbearable. Almsot. The only thing that made me bear it was the fact that she was still acting friendly with those freaks, even after they had killed Uncle Luke, Aunt Mara, and Mara's only child. Actually, it didn't make me bear the look of pain on her face. It made me disgusted by it.

"Jacen?" she asks after a short while. "You've changed, Jacen, and I'm afraid that it's for the worse."

Well, she's right about one thing: I've changed. No doubt about it. But at the same time, she's wrong. I know what these beasts are up to. I've made these changes so I can stop them and save this galaxy. I made these sacrifices freely. "You're wrong, sis," I say at last. "I've changed for the better. I see the truth behind these foul wretches, and I've grown in power so that I can stop them.

Her expression becomes slightly enraged, but the hurt and sadness are still there. "Oh really, brother mine? Can you really see anything through those bloodied eyes, and through your hate-filled soul, so consumed by the lust for blood? You're so tainted by revenge that you can't even see what's going on around you! You're going to be a father soon, and I bet you don't even care! You don't even care about a dead man enough to show him proper respect!!" The sadness is gone by this time, and she looks downright ticked. "You're bringing shame upon our uncle, because you can't even remember him right!"

That did it. I can handle her yelling at me, and I can hold my own in that regard. But she should have known better than to insinuate that I was disrespecting Uncle Luke by trying to avenge his death. If anyone is disrespecting our uncle, it's her and the rest of the Republic, making peace with these vile monstrosities. They're the ones profaning him!! In a fit of rage beyond my control, I arm my lightsaber and charge at my sister. The assault is far too much more than my sister expected. She can't even bring her saber up in time to deflect enough of the first shot, and I manage to make a sizeable mark in her right shoulder before she pushes the blade away.

I continue this assault relentlessly, anger driving me onwards. My blood-red weapon continues to make mark after mark against my sister's soft skin, piercing through her velvety surface to rip holes in her soul. Eventually, I clip her saber arm off at the elbow, and she drops to the floor in a dying heap.

The doctors are at her side immediately, and I notice for the first time that she's pregnant. Quickly, I probe through the Force, trying to find the child inside her. For some reason, I can't bring myself to kill it. I send it a wave of reassuracne, trying to keep it alive for the moment. The condition it currently rests in is like a death knell to me: Jaina was eight months along.

The doctors have pulled out their instruments now, resigning to the fact that Jaina's dead. As they work, there is the distinct noise of an X-J. It can only be one man: Kyp.

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

YES YES YES YES - wait. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO KILL THE BABY??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Come ON Jacen!!! You're supposed to wipe out the... no... wait... that's me. :D

Good job Jacen. :D

*pats his head*

:D

[face_devil]

*dances around a raging bonfire*

Jaina's Dead... Jaina's Dead... Jaina's Dead... Jaina's DEAD... Jaina's DEAD... Jaina's DEAD... Jaina's DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD... JAINA'S DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cheers wildly*

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    My goodness, Jacen really is clocking up the numbers.

Happy New Year, KnightHawk. :)

4. Danni_Quee_Solo

Danni_Quee_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    *pour water on Agent_Jaid's bonfire, then sits down and cries.*
    JAINA!
    at least Jacen didn't kill the baby....
    EVIL, EVIL JACEN!!!!!!

5. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    AW MAN KnightHawk, you have truly come into your own. This is a wonderful fic!!! I can't believe I missed so much of it. I'm sorry, I just haven't had time to sit down and read fiction in awhile. You're doing a marviouls(sp?) job. I can't wait for the next post.

Jaina is dead?? NOOO Kyppie you've got to do something to bring her back!!! *i know it sounds cheap, but what can I say I'm a hopless J/K fan.* *growls and Jacen* You block head!! What the heck were you thinking? You have truly gone to the dark side of the force. *sighs deeply and shakes head*

One question, when you were writing about the Vong you said that it was a trap, are you going to continue with this??

Fireyforce

6. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Agent_Jaid: Again, I'll leave that one out there. Just keep in mind that you have to survive. [face_devil]

[b]Tahi[/b]: [i]My goodness, Jacen really is clocking up the numbers.[/i]

[voice=Bruce_Willis] His last. Trust me. [/voice]
    [hr]
    [b]Danni_Quee_Solo[/b]: [i]JAINA!
    at least Jacen didn't kill the baby....
    EVIL, EVIL JACEN!!!!!![/i]

Despite how much I understand your POV, I must say that you are NOT allowed to kill the sacrificial bonfire. *Certain people* will restart it and use the killer of the flame as the sacrifice. And... Revenge, next post.
    [hr]
    [b]Fireyforce[/b]: I'm too shocked to actually quote you, since I never thought I'd have the honor of doing that again. Thank you for your kind words, and also for coming back to this one.

7. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Part 20

As my fighter lands, I rip at my restraints, practically tearing them apart at the seams. As the canopy lifts, my eyes fall on the scene of the battle. Jaina, her lifeless form lying peacefully on the soft dirt; the doctors, rushing to rescue the young life that's still trapped inside her; my little daughter, newborn to this galaxy only to never truly know her mother... My heart is broken now, and I don't think it'll ever heal. A loud scream of anguish cuts across the valley as my eyes fall on this scene, and it takes me a few seconds to snap out of my sadness-induced stupor and realize it was me who let out that yell.

I hop out of my fighter and slowly walk over, my limbs impeded by the shock and sadness of the situation as I struggle to make my way over to my fallen wife. Tears are streaming down my face, and I'm sobbing hysterically. When I finally arrive, I see the physical pain that my wife suffered through in her fight with her brother.

No... Not with her brother. Jacen never would have done anything like that. I turn away from the doctors and the child and stare at the man in the black armor, my tears beginning to burn in my eyes with an intense anger. That shell once held Jacen Solo. Now, I don't know who's in there.

Before I walk over to him, I look back at the little kid once more. My little girl... And she'll never know her dear, sweet mother... EVER. That hurts me inside and out; I wanted to give my daughter the best life this galaxy could offer. Now I can't; I'll never be able to. A tear rolls down my left cheek for Jaina, the beautiful woman who never got to cherish the joys of being a mother. Another rolls down my right cheek for Jaya, who'll never know the special joys of a mother/daughter bond.

I turn to the armored beast again, my anger rising with each successive second. He has broken me, and left me as nothing more than a desolate, violated shell of the man I once was. I hate him now. I can't get it out of my mind... I HATE HIM. I don't care if he can sense my rage. I want to KILL him for what he just did!

I quickly pull out my lightsaber and charge, screaming violently. Unfortunately for me, he's waiting for it, and brings up a quick slash that sends my hammer-blow wild. In a split-second, he launches a harsh snap-kick to my gut, connecting cleanly and sending me back, [i]hard[/i]. I land with a harsh thud, but quickly rise back up, anger still coursing through my blood.

I charge again, and this time meet a swift slash that almost clips through my abdomen. He hasn't left his spot at all; I'm starting to get annoyed with all of this. I can't stand it anymore, and shout at him. "Are you afraid of me!?"

His reply is completely opposite what I expected. "No, Kyp. You're afraid of me, actually. You're nowhere near as powerful as I am, and that scares you."

By this point, I'm livid. So livid, in fact, that I have to force myself to calm down. It's then that my saving grace appears, like a warm ray of light shining through my heart and easing my soul. I open my eyes to the Force, and find Jaina standing there, clad in robes of the purest white. A smile is etched on her face, accenting her deep brown eyes; her lovely face is framed by her long brown hair, which cascades down on her in waves.

I'm shocked, and a little relieved, to see her again. I open my heart to this vision, and I swear I can hear her talking to me. [i]"Trust in your heart, Kyp. Trust in out love, and you'll pull through."[/i] I take strength in these words as I leave tihs calming vision, only to see that the foul beast I'm fighting hasn't moved. He's trying to anger me, but it's too late; I'm over that now. I switch off my lightsaber, letting my heart guide my actions. "You want to kill me, Jacen? Come and get me."

He turns his head to stare at me, shock written clearly on his expressions. His red eyes start to glow with an incredible anger, and he wheels around to charge at me. I see it coming, and I stand there calmly, letting him come in. When h

8. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    KnightHawk,

Please tell me that that isn't the end of this! It's sooo goooooddd!!! Please continue it, not that there is much to continue with. *looks around for pieces to continue with and finds very few* :eek: such a good fiction!!!

Fireyforce

9. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    FIreyforce: Ahem... There are little babies sleeping! And they're the main characters for the sequel! :D

EDIT: I'll be farkled. You got the first review of this segment! [face_shocked]

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    As you know, I love this......and the fact you didn't kill Kyp is a huge bonus..... ;) nice work

11. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    *gives Jeff a standing ovation*

Evil! Painful! Sad! And most of all Brilliant!

Ooops, sorry, forgot about the babies, I'll be quiet now... :p

12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    :eek: :_| :eek: :_|

Brilliant Knighthawk! :D

I'd love a character of mine to be in the sequel fic, if your still accepting characters that is [face_blush] You don't have to use her if you don't want to but you can take any liberties you need to if you want

Name: Tay Darna
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Raltiir
    Physical Description: average height, blonde/brown hair and blue eyes
    Affiliation: New Republic
    Department: Starfighter Command
    Force-Sensitivity: N
    Weapons: Service Blaster
    Vehicle: X-Wing
    Brief History: Went through her pilots training with the 'Raltiir Tiders' (Unless you can think of a better squadron name lol) training squadron which served as the planets defence before the squadron was called to tranfer into New Republic Starfighter Command

13. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    hehehe yeah i guess i did get the first review. Can't wait for the sequal. hope you don't mind me doing this but....

Plug Alert!!! Go read my story After please!!!! or Morn to Love. Links in my profile!! End Plug Alert!!

14. Danni_Quee_Solo

Oct 17, 2003
    There could have been another way...
    Kyp is soo right!
    Poor Jacen, Poor Jaina, Poor motherless Jaya!
    This story is soooo depressing.....but I like it.
    :(

15. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! *breathe* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*heavy breathing.*

That was great. :)

16. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    This is so wonderful!!! I can't wait to read more of your work Jeff!!! *claps*

17. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  18. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Adalia-Durron: As you know, I love this......and the fact you didn't kill Kyp is a huge bonus..... ;) nice work

Well, I really couldn't kill Kyp off in this story, since he was, in a sense, the hero. Bonus notwithstanding, though, I would have slammed Jacen into a coffin or something like that with someone else, if need be. (Having an ex-Sith or two around is actually pretty handy. Heh heh heh...)

[b]PulasrSkate[/b]: [i]*gives Jeff a standing ovation*

Evil! Painful! Sad! And most of all Brilliant!

Ooops, sorry, forgot about the babies, I'll be quiet now... [face_silly][/i]

Well... If you thought this was evil... The next post for this story is the last chapter, followed by the sequel: "Dead Jedi Order II: Fall to Acheron".

For a little clear-up for those who don't know... Acheron = Hell
    [hr]
    [b]Jedi_padawan_leigh[/b]: Consider yourself inserted. I'll try and fit you in on it sometime before the chaos really picks up.
    [hr]
    [b]Danni_Quee_Solo[/b]: Kyp was supposed to sound wise in that one... He's been on the Dark Side before, if I heard right, so having him know that there's another alternative is essential to the gloomy end of this chapter. The fact that his wife is now dead and that he has nobody left to live for except his daughter reinforces the point quite nicely.
    [hr]
    [b]Mirax-Jade[/b]: Two things.

A) Calm down, missy!
    B) Be thankful you're not dead. As for 'Fall to Acheron'... We'll see. ]:)
    [hr]
    [b]Earwen-Ancalime[/b]: You and PS are acting like it's over... I have one chapter left. ]:)
    [hr]
    [b]JainaDurron[/b]: Hold your tears, please. Carnage must break loose before the entire story is considered complete.

19. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Incoming... Chapter 21 -- The Final Chapter.

I've never understood these rituals, and I've read quite a bit about them over the past six years. I mean, I don't understand why they burn them when a regular burial would do fine.

A mother should never have to say goodbye to her children, and especially not like this. I was in Leia's office with her when they died, and I swear that I have never seen such heartbreak before. I didn't think anyone could go through all that. This just adds to the pain, though. I'm looking on with teary eyes, and my heart breaks as I see Leia forced to burn her own children. Sniveling, I turn to my husband, pull him closer, and lean into him, my eyes red with tears.

Suddenly, I hear another cry. I look up and behind me, trying to find the source of the sound, only to see my assistant trying to calm down my daughter. I'm now starting to wonder why I agreed with her on letting Trista come to this damned funeral in the first place. She's far too young for this.

Lance is also crying, but his weeping is soft and makes almost no sound. Despite the sadness that I know is there, he looks like he's lost deep in thought on something.

I'm worried about him. He's been acting very moody ever since he had that 'nightmare' the night our daughter was born. When he first told me about it, I almost fainted; some of the things he mentioned were way too unreal for me. My first fear, and one that I'll never lose, is that whatever he saw might harm our child; Jacen's return to the Light Side offered me very little reassurance.

I can't help but think, as the firs finally die down, that a betrayal by the Yuuzhan Vong could be the end of this galaxy. We've lost four of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy; the Order is practically dead as it stands. If these things betray us, it's likely that nothing will survive.

20. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*closes eyes tightly*

That did not just happen that did not just happen that did not just happen....

*peeks out of one eye*

It ]DID!!!!!! Someone put out my bonfire!!! How dare they!!!!

*tackles Assailant*

DIE FIEND!! THOU SHALT NOT DESICRATE MINE BONFIRE!!! NOT NOT NOT!!!!

*ties her to a pile of wood*

*Ahem* [face_blush] This bonfire is deticated to Kyp - who SHOULD'VE died by the way!!!! - and Jacen... :_| Poor Jacen.... :_|

*sniff*

Lovely last chapter, Jeff. :D

Sequel? :D More Death? :D Pretty please? :D

21. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    *nods head and sighs*

A fitting end for a great story. Well done!

*starts to clean her blasters in readiness for the sequel*

Can't wait! [face_devil]

22. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Great! I'm in it again!! lol...

Cannot wait for the sequal...so WRITE it up!!

23. Danni_Quee_Solo

Oct 17, 2003
    Hey! You can't tie me up!!!!!!!!!!
    *struggles*

Awsome ending knighthawk!
    Please let the seqeul be up soon!

24. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great job KnightHawk. :)

~~Jilly

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Great ending, KnightHawk. Sorry I'm a bit late. I'm on catch up at the moment. ;)

Nice to see old Kyp prevailing - and I liked the idea of his vision of Jaina giving him strength. Looking forward to the sequel. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.