main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Deadpool, the (Golden Globe-nominated) Movies!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 6, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Good. The lower budget gave us the best part of the film- forcing them to drop the big shoot out at the end and proiding one of the best gags. Not to mention the most expensive part of the movie (the Helicarrier topple-over) felt the most out of place to begin with.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New director is John Wick director David Leitch.

Sounds good to me. Dude can shoot shoot-outs for sure.

3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    but who will direct John Wick 2???????? ...

Chad Stahelski. also has directing credit on first one.

What was Leitch's role in Wick 1? Did he have to jump in and save the movie?

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I was certainly bummed when I heard that Tim Miller was not returning to direct Deadpool 2, as it was like hearing that Matthew Vaughn would not be coming back for Kickass 2 or the follow up to X-Men: First Class.

I do like the idea of David Leitch as the next director for Deadpool as noted above, "dude can shoot shoot-outs for sure." I just hope that he can do fun and humor in his action sequences and directing. I love John Wick, but it's totally different in tone.

My ideal choice for the sequel to Deadpool would be Matthew Vaugh as he has a proven track record to mix action and comedy.

I do feel that since Ryan Reynolds is the producer and he still has the same writers, the sequel should be good. However, I would like more cross-overs/appearances by other X-Men. Patrick Stewart would be great! Plus there was this:

[​IMG]

5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    hate to say it, but I'm glad Ryan Reynolds has become a certified action star. Poor guy had tough time breaking out of his relentless string o flops. He gets respect for Woman in Gold and ALL THE MONEY for Deadpool. good for him.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm sorry, but I keep reading that David Lynch is directing Deadpool 2 and get all excited. :(

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    David Lynch, like Quentin Tarantino (who there's a petition set up for him to direct Deadpool), is a great director but not a good fit for Deadpool. Now, I would like David Lynch to direct a comic book film. Perhaps a Blade or Swamp Thing film.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I actually had to careful not to type Lynch myself, so you're not alone. ;)

Wick had some good moments of humor. It was dryer but also slightly self aware at times. It's different than Deadpool but I can see it connecting.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, like if Deadpool has a puppy too. I wouldn't want to be the guy that kills Deadpool's dog. It would be so meta if that happens in the movie.

[​IMG]

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Don't the fanboys petitioning for Tarantino realize that his DEADPOOL 2 would only have three scenes and be 175 minutes long?

11. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Don't hate. :p

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

From what I understand, they were co-directors on the original and Sthaleski went and did Wick 2 while Leitch did another movie (although he is still involved with Wick 2). But a Jon Wick director doing Deadpool, hells yes, just because while the movie has to be funny obviously, the visual inventiveness of Deadpool really made the movie better (and the gags funnier)

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I just got around to watching Deadpool a few weeks ago, and all throughout the movie I just kept seeing him as Hal Jordan >_>

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Deadpool was nominated for Best Picture: musical or comedy (and Reynolds is nominated too) at the Golden Globes, what a pleasant surprise.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow! That's crazy! Has a superhero film ever been nominated for Best Picture at the Globes before?

Talk about rewarding the labors of love, though. Even if it doesn't win, this is the perfect footnote for an awesome film that stayed true to its source material and brought it to life almost flawlessly.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I don't think so

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's probably quite difficult for others, as they wouldn't fall into the comedy/musical category, and the competition's stiffer in the drama category. Having said that, it's a well deserved nomination, the film is hilarious, even on second and third viewings.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The Incredibles won for Best Animated Feature.

Though I don't think that's quite what Quest was going for ...

19. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    David Lynch should fulfill his destiny and direct a SW film

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Y'know, the Globes can be wonky as to what awards they hand out for what (it's, like, barely 100 people who vote) so I couldn't count Deadpool completely out of the running for a shot at Best Comedy. which just the amount of jokes they could get out of that in future Deadpool flicks would be amazing. Hell, they probably already got more jokes in there just for the nomination alone!

Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, there is zero chance this doesn't get mentioned in the sequel. And the comics.

22. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha I didn't even think about them mentioning this in the next movie but yeah, that is for sure going to happen. Heck, they could even include the Globes in the movie and have Deadpool be there or something.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Or have Reynolds accept the award (if it wins or he wins) as Deadpool himself. (The Globes tend to be a bit looser than the Oscars like that)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I except it to be mentioned in the trailers, as well as the film.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/reynolds-jackman-talk-deadpool-future/

Reynolds basically says he wants to play the character for as long as they'll let me, talks about the character's pansexual nature and, most interestingly, how he's trying to lure Jackman out of retirement with the notion of a Wolverine/Deadpool team-up movie

Jackman: “I’m hesitating… because I could totally see how that’s the perfect fit. But the timing may be wrong.”
    Reynolds: “I have no idea if I can change his mind. It’s the audience: I would exclusively exploit that relationship to get Hugh back for another one.”