main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Deadpool, the (Golden Globe-nominated) Movies!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 6, 2009.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think Jackman would be interested in returning as Wolverine, but he probably doesn't want to diet and workout for the role. I mean, I've seen the training regiment Jackman does to be Wolverine. Perhaps if he kept his shirt on, he wouldn't have to workout so much.

Anyway, a Deadpool and Wolverine team up film would be so awesome.

I thought there would be cameo appearance by Jackman in the Deadpool film, but I guess the studio actually could only afford the two X-Men characters in the film.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I don't think it's so much that as it is that he's been talking about stepping down and that "Logan" is supposed to be his swan song and he doesn't want to take away from that film. And while it would have be a separate "Deadpool" film since the next one is about setting up Cable, I can understand his (Jackman) wanting to be sure that that series stands on its own without seeming to need his presence.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I kind of want this just for Reynolds to make 4th wall breaking cracks about fat wolverine.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The name is Cable, just Cable. :p

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Pierce...Brosnan? That's gotta be clickbait.

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Piercebro

[​IMG]

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, so I didn't bother clicking on that headline in my social media feed. I would be surprised if Brosan was indeed cast as Cable. However, it would be way better than Jim Carrey.

[​IMG]

In other news:

Deadpool 2’ Writers on Laying the Foundation for ‘X-Force’

I like what the writers have to say about Deadpool 2, in that they're trying to write a Deadpool movie first and mix in X-Force. Hopefully, it will be much like how they handled the X-Men in the original Deadpool film where there was references to other X-Men but all that was needed was Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead to connect Deadpool with the X-Men universe.

‘Deadpool 2’ Writers Explain How They’ll Handle Cable’s Convoluted Origin

As far as Cable's convoluted origin, the writers didn't provide any details; just that they want to be faithful to the source material. That means Scott should be proven to be Cable's father. Now, if Cable's mother is "Martha"... just kidding, but I could see Deadpool breaking the 4th wall and having fun with that, but if Cable's mom is Madelyne Prior in the film, I would imagine Deadpool going off on that considering Scott just dump Madelyne like trash for Jean.

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I think the easier thing to do would be to leave out Madelyne and just have Jean be Nathan's mother, and say that he came from the future.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    For Your (Oscar) Consideration trailer.

Maybe it'll get a nod come Tuesday, you never know!

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Cross-posting from the "last watched" thread:

Now that I've seen this, I'm interested to see where they go with a sequel. More interested than I am in other future superhero movies. :p

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Logan spoiler

So that surprise teaser trailer was a welcome but of fantasticness.

Not the least of which is that it breaks multiple corporate walls to tell a single joke.

Not only did it use music that neither Fox nor Disney own (thus needing to license it), but it used (arguably the most iconic) music from a **DC movie** to advertise a **Marvel** property.

That's dedication to the gag, man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Personally, my favorite part of the teaser, now online, is the summary of The Old Man and the Sea scrolling at the end. For no reason.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I was wondering what the text block was, lol.

But even more important: that online teaser is actually different than the one showing in theaters (the theatrical version had no phone call gag, no callback to that gag, no Stan cameo and possibly different music post-phone booth).

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

What's even more bizarre is that the teaser wasn't attached at all for the first couple of days Logan was running.

There was also a recent rumour a about a Deadpool 2 teaser being attached to Logan, and it described what happens in it quite accurately. The only real difference from what's described is

Stan Lee was supposed to say "Hey, aren't you Ryan Gosling?" instead of "Nice suit."

Guess that (somehow) rubbed someone the wrong way and they altered it last minute?

16. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    It's not that funny, considering that he's masked when he was supposed to say it. It doesn't work.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I saw the teaser on my Thursday viewing of Logan, so there is more than one inaccuracy. I also didn't notice the film title on the marquee when I watched it the first time.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I caught the teaser in glorious IMAX tonight. I just barely caught the opening line to Old Man and the Sea, but couldn't make out the rest of it. I also loled at the random Firefly posters. Fox just being mean there rubbing salt in that wound. :p

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

They would since he would hit all his targets. :p

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I saw some post that it was 75% good, but the last part was not as it was some random guy. Then someone else said it wasn't random, it was Uncle Ben. Which I hadn't considered, but am now going to assume is correct.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

He was eating Ben and Jerry's is the only connection that people are making there.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    No teaser on my Logan showing. I am disappoint.

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Also, a reference to Cable on the phone booth.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    What about the steel window in the alley with the '10101010101010'?