main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Deadpool, the (Golden Globe-nominated) Movies!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 6, 2009.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    What stopped you? That thing is as good as bought, and I haven't bought something akin to a toy in....many years. [face_blush]

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If I had a job, I would have snapped it up. Being very selective with entertainment purchases (Infinity War tickets and Old Man Hawkeye).

and trailer Obivous Language and Violence warnings

Favorite line: "God... I wish I finished college..."

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Trailer #2 has hit. NSFW... but you probably knew that.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    @dp4m please deploy the bullying.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    "It's hard to hear you with that pity dick in your mouth"

Gold.

The only way it could be better, would be if it's the last thing Affleck Batman says to Robin before Joker kills him. There, @heels1785 DCEU superiority.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i like it!

Diggy likes this.
  7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Made me laugh. Unless the reviews are really bad, they'll be taking my money.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The trailer looked so awesomely fun. I thought there was something wrong between Wade and Vanessa, which would have been a real bummer, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Yeah, that line by Domino was so cute and funny. But I like the ending exchange between Wada and Weasel talking about not finishing a trilogy, a meta dig at the Disney/Fox deal.

And hell yeah, X-FORCE!!! Which did actually made me think of this...

[​IMG]

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Domino's line hits a little too true personally, but I can see how funny it is. :) I am in this for Cable though. Anything beyond that including some much needed LOLs is icing on the cake.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Right! I mean, I really didn't think the day would ever come where I would see Cable and X-Force on the silver screen as there were "derivative" of the X-Men. Another nice line by Domino, BTW. And of course Deadpool has no problem with that. And, OMG! The sleeveless yellow mesh with a X in a circle shirt? It's so comic booky.

[​IMG]

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    the trailer gave away a wee bit more plot than I had hoped, I was hoping for just more insane random rapid cuts of insanity like the last one, which is still there but this had an actual plot framework to hang it on. But, yah, freakin fantastic.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    With the way the trailer was cut, I didn't think we got too much plot. We know we get Cable and X Force, but I don't know much about both those things, so I look forward to how and why they are presented with the humor mixed in. I loved seeing Deadpool spinning in Xavier's chair. That was probably the funniest part for me, other than the pity-**** line.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The new trailer is amazing. I was laughing right from the start with Wade running around the corner followed by the mob, like Jack Sprrow in Dead Man’s Chest.

“What in the ****sicle.”

That gun through the hand scene is so good.

I’m looking forward to this film so much.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I didn't mind that a portion of the plot was revealed, in that Cable enters the picture in search of a boy. Initially, I was hoping the boy would be Gold Balls. I mean, Gold Balls is a perfect name of a mutant in a Deadpool movie. But, I've seen some online speculation that's it's Evan from Rick Remender's run on X-Force. I don't think the Asian female mutant is Blink. Her costume looks like the "All New Marvel" version of Rogue's costume. I won't research the character, so I'll just wait for the film to find out.

Considering the original Deadpool flick earn like $700 million, I imagine this sequel will do more than that unless the Rotten Tomatoes score is really low. So, if it's not, Deadpool 2 should take a bit of the box office repeat viewers of Infinity War.

And I'm glad Deadpool 2 doesn't have a subtitle and it's just "2." I mean, I have trouble figuring out the order of the Pirates and Potter flicks.

Jedi Merkurian and Diggy like this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Films.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If we can get Star Wars spinoffs like "Solo: A Star Wars Story", why can't we get "Dopinder: A Deadpool Story" as a spinoff movie? Or at least as an animated short in front of another Fox-Owned Marvel movie?

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Book 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    Book 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    Book 3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    Book 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    Book 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Book 6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Just use a mnemonic:
    SCPGOHD
    Sally Could Probably Google Or Hug Diggy

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I would not welcome such a move on her part.

19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Them stripper heels tho! [face_laugh]

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Diggy like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Bit of a bummer news, Donald Glover and FX/Marvel animated Deadpool series got the axe at FX over "create differences"

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/deadpool-animated-series-canceled-donald-glover-fx-1201943485/

“Due to creative differences, FX, Donald Glover, Stephen Glover and Marvel Television have agreed to part ways on Marvel’s ‘Deadpool’ animated series, FX will no longer be involved with the project,” FX said in a statement. “FX and Marvel have an ongoing relationship through our partnership on ‘Legion,’ which will continue.”

On the flipside, it's only saying that FX that isn't involved anymore so Marvel/Disney could totally shop it around.

While some may not have been into it, I was actually looking forward to it as it's own potential weird thing, over saturation and contradictory continuities in Deadpool is totally a part of the gag.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    If you want to read a NSFW script of the Glovers now axed Deadpool animated series, Donald has posted several pages on his Twitter

Once again, language and very politically incorrect dialog warning at that link.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Just this snippet is genius

[​IMG]

Hopefully it's just FX pulling back and Marvel/Disney can move it somewhere. I'd say their streaming service but that doesn't seem like a place for what seems off the jump will be Family Friendly All Ages fare.

Anyway, don't fret too much 'Pool fans: remember when the movie wasn't going to be made and then the test footage got leaked and then it got made? hopefully lightning will strike twice!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Animated Deadpool series test footage

NSFW (cartoon gore etc.)

This would have worked brilliantly. Oh well.

and animated "cards" for the female cast of DP2

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't watched any of the trailers or promos or anything, and I feel great!

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Couple of deleted twitterings from writers about the Deadpool scripts, I loved what Glover wrote I wish they would have kept him on, it seemed really in the right tone and there actually was a Taylor Swift script as well! It seems they wanted to go for some Rick and Morty style ultraviolence mayhem, which totally would have been great

https://www.thewrap.com/stephen-glo...black-cut-taylor-swift-episode-donald-glover/

“There really was a Taylor Swift episode,” Stephen wrote in a since-deleted tweet. “It was HILARIOUS. And it definitely was the last straw lol.”

He continued with a second tweet that read: “Our show wasn’t too black. It wasn’t really that black at all. But we definitely wanted to give ‘Rick and Morty’ a run for their money and I think we would have. Proud of the gang.”