main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Deadpool, the (Golden Globe-nominated) Movies!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 6, 2009.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I... am ashamed to admit I didn't until right now.

Because I'm so familiar with the song, I knew
    It's what's playing on the radio in the earlier scene -- the normal, electronic, fast version -- but I now realize that they just set that up for the later part so they could use the slow version whilst recreating the video... good one!

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah,
    the lack of the live action/illustrated split doesn't make it obvious, but it's done brilliantly.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think my favorite reference

concerned someone who can't draw feet.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_rofl] He apparently took that VERY well. Money talks indeed. :D

Master_Rebado likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    On top of the cab
    there's a ad for Alpha Flight, went by too fast to see exactly what it said, though

Jedi Ben and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    happily they did not. Disney got hit hard, including the Avengers. DC was probably the second biggest target.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Is it safe to say that...

the first mid-credits scene took a shot at the Time Stone when Cable's time travel device was being fixed?

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    DC got hit equally IMO, with Batman, Superman, "Martha", grimdark characters and Green Lantern references. Boy Ryan seems unable to forgive himself for that one. [face_laugh]

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I say Disney got hit harder because other than all the MCU references, they also threw in the Frozen plagarism stuff, which was great ;D. But it was close!

10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, yeah, that one flew over my head. Didn't know that bit about that movie I still haven't and refuse to see. :p

Master_Lok and Diggy like this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yentl isn't that bad ;)

12. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    I don't think Fox took anything out of the movie because Disney or anyone else asked them to. If they did then it must have been a lot more inflammatory than the stuff they did keep in. There were a lot of jabs poking at everyone.

The movie was good though. Domino was great. X-Force looks like a sure bet.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'd rather commit sepukku and then eat a bullet than sit through a musical. Any musical; be it old or new, live or film. They're inhumane, Geneva Convention violating torture devices as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Master_Lok and Diggy like this.
  14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I suspect whatever was taken out was probably either a jab at the Fox/Disney merger (and they didn't want to include that since the deal isn't finalized yet) or too direct an MCU connection (ie: they don't have the rights to character/element X and its use was too overt).

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Or maybe cuts to how much Weasel was in the movie.

Master_Lok likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    =D=[face_laugh]
    You would have been dead many times over with my childhood. I was dragged to a lot of Broadway musicals as a little girl. About the only one I liked was The King and I. If you're talking movies, then Rock n' Roll High School, any song Monty Python performed, and the Star Spangled Man...otherwise, Ewwww NO. :p

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  17. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    So Yukio in this is supposed to be the same Yukio from The Wolverine movie, only now she's a mutant, which she wasn't in either that movie or in the comics. And that part has an interesting implication. Marvel getting the rights to use Ego in GotG2 originated with Fox wanting to change Negasonic's power set for the first Deadpool movie so they worked that deal with Marvel so they could do so. I wonder if they did the same for Yukio and, if so, what character(s) were involved this time.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Ya know, that element was a big deal in how I felt about this film. The fact that character was made to be mostly like an a-hole, really effects audience's emotional investment and empathy with the character.

Speaking of which, that bit of the story had shades from the X-Force run where Deadpool was actually a member of the team.

[​IMG]

If anyone was wonder, the midcredits scenes are considered canon.
    device to stick around beyond this movie, though", thus referring to Cable's time-traveling device. "

Which is somewhat disappointing in a certain way. One, it would have provided a plot device of sorts to get Olivia Munn's Psylocke and/or Logan's Dafne Keen's Laura/X-23 to be members of X-Force.

Speaking of cameos,
    That would mean Deadpool would have to be set in the ...

1990s.
    Which doesn't seem right. But, considering some of the song choices, it does match up.

For now, I'm not really thrilled with Cable's backstory, because its difference to the source material. That being...
    Cable had a "normal" family life, with a wife and a kid named Hope. Not sure how that will translate to Cable being this war harden soldier. You know, this version of " future John Connor" in T2. (Not to be confused with Trainspotting 2)

[​IMG]

And speaking of Hope, I like her bunny being this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Uh,
    she's a Mutant in "The Wolverine". She tells him that she can see his death, when he's holding his heart as he is dying.The change in her character was done before the rift between Marvel and Fox had taken shape.

You're overthinking it a bit.
    The use of the younger actors was done since it was cheaper and easier to use them, than going out and getting everyone from the other films, for the small screen time that they had. It's still supposed to be the present day, not twenty years earlier.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I sure you're right in terms of BTS. But, terms of what was actually presented in the film, it doesn't sync up accurately for the purposes of continuity.

Basically, I was just furthering 2ndQuest's post of this being in the
    McAvoy timeline.
    Which answers the question Deadpool posed in the first film. It's all meta.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That cameo shot

was apparently done by Simon Kinberg and the Dark Phoenix crew and they green screened Reynolds ontop of that. I kept trying to see if Sophie Turner (Jean Grey) and Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique) are in there but it's apparently Beast, Xavier, Cyclops and Quicksilver. Also apparently Storm is in there too but the shot goes by reallly quick.

Anyway, I just see it as yes, still present day and post-DoFP timeline. Of course there is the "smells like Patrick Stewart" line but Deadpool knows he's a comic book / movie character so he gets pass on that.

Even Deadpool himself goes and "cleans up the timeline" with Cable's time travel device so he bounces back to the Original timeline and kills zipped up mouth Wade Wilson

23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_rofl] Well -pooh- I shouldn't have read that last line, but I am absolutely going to be [face_laugh] when I see that moment on Thursday.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012

I love this song. Sounded amazing in the film. Escpially during that scene with the team running towards the camera in slomo.

25. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Oh that's right! God I haven't seen that movie in a long time, forgot about that. But that would still be a change to her power set.