main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Deadpool, the (Golden Globe-nominated) Movies!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 6, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It seems Ryan is really pushing for the movie to be truer to the comics.

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Who knows what to think about that. Thy've all ready changed the origin story significantly for him to fight Wolvy in Wolverine

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think what's promising is that you can tell Ryan pretty much agrees with the fans in terms of what they did to Deadpool in in Wolverine. Watch any of the video interviews where he's asked about it and he tries to avoid outright saying "yeah it sucks what happened...", and goes on to say how he'd like the Deadpool movie to be like the comics.

ryan goes into more detail on the subject in some more recent interviews he did with MTV and IGN. There are links to the interviews on deadpoolbugle.com

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Do you think they will give Reynolds the kind of creative control they gave Jackman over the character?

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Given the positive reaction to his presence in Wolverine, and the brief-cameo/big-name nature of his role, I think there's a good chance he'll have some input. He certainly seems to think he'll be able to steer things towards the comics.

I mean, it's still Fox, but we'll see. I suppose if that movie with Sandra Bullock that he's in does well, it'll give him some leverage.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ryan talks Deadpool

Most interesting is that the studio seems determined to be accurate to the comic. "I get to be the authentication police, in a weird way. To their credit ? the studio's credit ? they want to make an authentic 'Deadpool' movie; they want to make it as close to the source material as possible" says Reynolds.

Will he be wisecracking? "He's going to be the Merc with the Mouth, [we're going to give] all those answers that everyone wants. He's going to have the scarred-up face, he's going to be in the suit ? and, it's going to be incredible" he adds.

Right now Reynolds says they're trying to break the story - figure out it's time setting, who the villain is and what the character's main motivation will be.

EDIT- And in other news, Marvel just annoucned Deadpool #900. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    900...lol.

Only Deadpool...

EDIT: I just had a great idea. Reynolds should record an in-character voice-over track for the Wolverine DVD, with Deadpool mocking everything that happens in the movie in his usual fourth-wall breaking manner.

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I've been re-reading the entire Cable & Deadpool run over the last week or so. Great stuff.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Been reading the Deadpool Classic volumes as they come out (they need to come out faster!). I might skip ahead and reread my Agent X issues (which don't appear to have hit trade ever) and then reread Cable & Deadpool.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  11. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Posting from my double-upped locked thread:

Ok, I am not up with all of the comic lore, but I was just wondering how this upcoming movie will fit in with X-Men Origins: Wolverine ?

Because at the end of the XMOW, Ryan Reynolds character (Deadpool) has been medically modified, ie: sown-up mouth, bald head, absorbed mutant powers, etc.

Does this mean that the Deadpool movie will be set after his initial scenes in XMOW, yet before the scenes at the end? (Yes, that movie does cover a lot of time). So, will this be another prequel to the main X-Men movies?

If not, will the movies then be mutually exclusive, and not share the same continuity?

This is confusing for me...

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If you watch the second extra ending, it shows that Deadpool survives (we see his hand crawling out towards his head as his eyes open and he goes "shhh" to the audience), and it was made specifically as a spin-off point for the Deadpool movie (the first extra ending, with Logan in Japan, was made to set-up Wolverine 2).

With what Ryan says he's hoping to achieve with a Deadpool movie, I assume that we're supposed to take the events of Wolverine as the novie-verse reason why Wade became uglified, insane and capable of breaking the 4th wall.

Semi-related: I'm a Marvel & I'm a DC: Green Lantern and Deadpool [face_laugh]

13. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Yeah, I saw that after-credits ending scene with the severed head. So, the character will continue on from there? So, he will still have all the mutant powers and the Weapon XI swords in his arms?

So, in the comics, his character gets horribly scarred? How does this happen? I prefer the character at the start of X-Men Origins, but if his character does get physically screwed up in the comics, then so be it.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, if we're lucky he'll lose the arm swords and optic blast.

In the comics Wade was dying from cancer and the Weapon X program gave him an artificial healing factor based on Wolverine's, which ended up not curing the cancer but regenerating the cells he lost so it basically kept his cancer in check, which results in his face and skin being horribly scarred.

[image=http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8769/ryandeadpoolr.jpg]

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Rob Liefeld Discusses Deadpool Movie Development

Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld posted several updates on his twitter last night about a Deadpool movie development meeting he was attending:

-Walking into Deadpool movie meeting!!! Yowza!

-Great Deadpool movie meeting! Lauren Schuler Donner and her team are headed in the right direction!

-Deadpool movie checklist- DP in costume-check! Breaking 4th wall-check! Loads of killing-double check!

-Deadpool movie- YES! Ryan Reynolds is on board!!!

-Clarification, Cable definitely NOT in Deadpool movie, but possible role in future X-films....not First Class.

-Donner Company is on top of making the Deadpool movie that fans want. They get it. He's funny, tortured, clever, a bastard and mucho action!

16. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Sounds like things are finally shaping up!

17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    -Donner Company is on top of making the Deadpool movie that fans want. They get it. He's funny, tortured, clever, a bastard and mucho action!

It's interesting that it took someone else writing him to "get" Deadpool. Liefeld, you crazy guy.

18. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    For anyone who cares, Deadpool #900 hit comic book stores today. It has a hefty $4.99 price tag but is over 100 pages.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Deadpool Team-Up #899 comes out soon too.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/7029/deadpool_corps_1_cover.jpg]

Looks like film won't be the only medium with a GL/Deadpool connection. Deadpool Corps even has their own motto:

"Through lightest dark or darkest light,
    don't need no bling to join the fight.
    We're the mercs with mouths and so much more,
    yippee-ki-yay, we're the Deadpool Corps!

[face_laugh] :cool:

21. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    ^Hahaa. I like the lil Deadpool with the lightsabers!

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, even though I had seen that art before, I didn't notice the sabers till I saw the ad w/the motto on it today.

If the GL movie comes out first, it'd be hilarious if the DP movie could open with Wade narrating that motto.

Marvel's definitely going into overdrive pushing Deadpool lately though- I'm guessing they just want to have a ton of material in print for when the movie eventually hits. But it's a spectactular overload- I think Wade is appearing in more books now than either Wolverine or Spidey.

Ongoings: Deadpool, Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth, Deadpool Team-Up, Deadpool Corps/Prelude to Deadpool Corps.
    Elsewhere: Lady Deadpool, Doomwar, and several others.

The last issue of Cable is coming up and it's being retitled "Deadpool and Cable" for that issue. In fact, I just picked up Vol 1 of the Ultimate Collection TPB that collects Cable & Deadpool #1-18 (it even has the letter and recap pages- I might not need to hold onto my issues now!), ut I noticed that, for the collection's cover, it's actually titled Deadpool & Cable. [face_laugh]

So funny to see Wade go from someone who needed Cable to hold down a title to now Cable needing Deadpool.

Been enjoying the Classic Deadpool collections too, since I never read any of the pre-Agent X stuff. I'm very curious to see how much of it they'll leverage for the movie's storyline. I doubt we'll see the L, L 7 L stuff (as I don't think they'll take the movieverse into the realm of time/dimensional travelers), and the Siryn stuff doesn't line up with the movie imelines (Wade being an adult in Wolverine, sets likely years if not decades before X2 where she's just a little girl), but I could see them working in a different character into that role to play off of the Typhoid Mary material (since that REALLY messed up Wade and had the deepest character development).

Hopefully they can avoid having him travel top alternate dimensions, be on a quest to be a hero, or join the X-men, because he's done that like, three times each already it seems ;)

23. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I think it'd be pretty funny of Deadpool some how ended up coming out pretty close to Green Lantern. However, the Deadpool Corps slogan would perhaps be better used for a trailer. Maybe a teaser trailer, obviously with Ryan reciting it.

24. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I doubt I'll see this. I'm actually intrigued by Deadpool, I'm just annoyed to death by Reynolds and just knowing he's under there is enough to scare me away.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000